[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this episode? Why didn't they put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Rocknaldo.png (408KB, 800x432px)
Rocknaldo.png
408KB, 800x432px
What was the point of this episode? Why didn't they put some actual effort into making him a Crystal Gem? The gems talked a nice line, but didn't help him at all, and then he leaves.
>>
>>90252250

You posted this yesterday. Stay in the general so we hate you and your shitty show less.
>>
I thought the point may have been some kind of development for Ronaldo to sway him from being an asshole but I dunno.
>>
>>90253096
the problem is every Ronaldo plot resolves the same way; he doesn't change who he is for the better, he just learns not to be a cringey spaz about the thing that pushed his shit in that episode, he stays fundamentally the same spaz every time
>>
File: Barnacle_Boy_Retirement.jpg (93KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
Barnacle_Boy_Retirement.jpg
93KB, 1152x864px
>>90252342
I posted this yesterday. Not this unoriginal faggot.
>>
It's about entitled SU fans who want the show to pander entirely to them.
>>
>>90253785

How do you make a show pander to you
>>
>op is a projecting faggot
who would have thought
>>
>>90255103
nagging and harrassing the creators on social media and cons is usually the way
this episode was written by zuke, who got harrassed enough to leave her twitter in bad terms because of a stupid ship
then she ruined her career because of that stupid ship, but regardless
>>
>>90252250
Because Ronaldo is fat, retarded and self-centered. You wouldn't want him on a softball team, let alone protecting the Earth.
>>
>>90256187

Not every person needs to be a front-liner.
>>
How many times do I have to repeat myself? THE GEMS DON'T CARE. They don't care about humans they don't know on an individual level. The only one who ever did was Rose. Pearl didn't care about Ronaldo, Amethyst didn't care about Ronaldo, Garnet didn't care about Ronaldo, they were only humoring Steven. The only one who did was Steven and Steven just wants everything to be nice and clean and has no idea what to do when it isn't.
>>
>>90252250
>Rock people hate men?!
Basically sets up the "cringey feminist allies" metaphor

>This isn't the Bloodstone club, about making Bloodstone feel good!
>This is my whole life!
It's not the YOU club, it's the ME club!

That's the entire substance of the episode, a thinly veiled metaphor. It ends with Ronaldo working to get Beach City to like the Crystal Gems, which is nice from a story structure standpoint, but this episode was a shit feminist soapbox.
>>
>>90256745
It's a relevant message that cartoons haven't done before.

Also less feminist and more activist in general. Applies to how Tumblr acts regarding gays, blacks, etc.
>>
>>90256745
It was also a pretty brutal attack on internet drama queens in general.

>He says he's leaving the internet
>Well, it's good he's taking some time to-
>Oh, he just made another post.
>mmmmmm
>>
>>90258058
This, so much this.
>>
>>90256347
I don't think it's that they don't care about humans, I think it's that they SPECIFICALLY don't like Ronaldo.
>>
>>90256745

Sounds like a critique of safe spaces
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.