[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok, lets go and fix some broken heroes. I'll start with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

ok, lets go and fix some broken heroes.

I'll start with the flash.
Let him keep all the light speed shenanigans in the world, but take away this lightspeed thinking and the ability to perceive the world clearly while moving at high speeds.
>>
>>90250466
Then he would just run into walls all the time.
>>
>>90250466
How the fuck Flash isn't the smartest person in DC? With this speed of thinking, he could easily solve all science problems in a second.
>>
>>90250805
Perceiving life at such a slow rate would probably also drive you insane.
>>
>>90250805
His retention is poor.
>>
The Flash is so fucking gay.
>>
>>90250466
Barry was bullshitting. Simples as that.
>>
>>90250805
with his powers, it also shouldn't be possible for other characters to ever hit him or counter his attacks (which they often do) or him running into traps like clearly frozen floors or bomb tripwires and stuff.

>>90250552
no, he'll just have to tone it down a lot more.
he'll also have to make sure to know where he's running. he can still remember routes and move much faster through them, just not everywhere all the time.
he has to be clearly not able to notice all details of his surroundings when moving fast, making all this running into traps and shit reasonable.
>>
File: vYqX3Y9.jpg (53KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
vYqX3Y9.jpg
53KB, 500x460px
>>90250466
Atomic banana peel, enough said!
>>
>>90250466
If the Flash runs faster than a certain speed, his molecules vibrate too fast and he's literally incapable of interacting physically with anything, meaning that if he wants to save someone from a fire or punch a villain, he'll have to control his speed and slow down to something manageable.

There, he's fixed.
>>
Lets save batman by removing his wolverine-level stamina and healing factor. make it so he can't be charging in headfirst against every other superpowered being.
make him super sneaky, laying traps and stuff.
at least a bit more than now.

He's a good detective, in a sherlock holmes kind of way, not in a my techno eyes see everything and my computer puts everything together for me kind of way.
he's not magically prepared for every hero or villain that comes his way beyond reasonable on the feet thinking of how to exploit their powers a bit. no 'aha i've got anti-superman spray with me! aha, there's some kinda special salt that takes out aquamen! and stuff like that.'

also, he as bruce wayne starts financing an actual real prison with rehabilitation and non-gothamites as guards and wardens. he actively starts making life better for the lowlifes of gotham, making it so that crime isn't the easiest, most reasonable way out for 99% of the city.

also, good bye damian wayne and in general, that entire talia bullshit. it makes no sense for bruce to fall for that one.

bring back a robin that isn't magically a super assassin with a similar healing factor as bats. preferably, have him be a child that still has a chance to get over his tragic moment.
>>
>>90251228
but wouldn't he fall through the earth if that was the case?
>>
Casuals just love posting this out of context page despite never reading a Flash comic in their life.

Both Waid's run and Johns' run were excellent at making Flash incredibly fast but still showing how things aren't easy for him and how there are still threats, and Morrison, Waid and Kelly's runs on JLA demonstrated how you can have Superman be able to move planets, Green Lantern able to contain a sun, and Flash able to outrun himself and still have interesting stories.

>>90250805
Because knowledge still takes years of study. He can read a bunch of books at high speed, but still he's just reading the books and memorizing the knowledge, and he can only retain that knowledge for a couple of minutes.

Once Flash built an apartment building by reading a bunch of books on architecture really fast, but like I said, right after doing it his knowledge faded.

You can memorize a book on physics word for word but you're still not going to stack up to a real physicist who actually understands the material.

Bart Allen had the unique ability to retain information gained that way and once read an entire library in a few seconds to prove to the Titans he was useful and let him on the team.
>>
>>90251479
>make him super sneaky, laying traps and stuff.
>he as bruce wayne starts financing an actual real prison with rehabilitation and non-gothamites as guards and wardens. he actively starts making life better for the lowlifes of gotham, making it so that crime isn't the easiest, most reasonable way out for 99% of the city
He already fucking does both of these.
>>
>>90250466
fix wonder woman, cyborg and aquaman by giving more than 6 villains between the 3 of them

Name an Aquaman villain who isn't Orm or Black Manta, I fucking dare you
>>
>>90251824
Fisherman
>>
>>90251748
but in the end he still comes out to punch bane and killer croc unconscious for some weird reason.

also, i meant doing it but in a way that works. like, not supporting the gcpd and blackgate, but buying both and cleaning it the fuck up
>>
>>90251824
Japan.
>>
>>90251923
You can't buy the police and a state prison... at least not legally.

He's consistently shown to have many projects to clean up the slums, WayneTech offers jobs to people with criminal histories, they even personally fund the repairs whenever a villain or Batman fucks up the city. It's just that stuff isn't really interesting enough to be the focus of a story.

In actually good Bane stories he's one of his most difficult adversaries because he's just as smart as Batman and stronger, he usually needs help to take him down.

Either way there's always been a dichotomy between Batgod and detective Batman. People like Rucka and Dini make him more vulnerable and crime focused stories, Morrison likes him with crazy technology and nearly superhuman power. There's room for both kinds of stories. Even now you have King's Batman which has an understated Batman and All-Star Batman that has a more super Batman.
>>
>>90251824
global warming and like, power plant owners that want to get rid off their chemicals in the ocean.
>>
>>90252175
He could privatize Blackgate Penitentiary and Arkham Asylum if he wanted

>>90252345
>>90251952
At what point did Aquaman become Captain Planet
>>
>>90252175
i mean, he doesn't really have to buy them. private prisons are a thing and if nothing else, why the heck isn't he bribing the scum at gcpd to stay on the right side of the law? or bribing them to move to star city while he brings in capable policemen from switzerland or something
>>
>>90251698
"casuals" huh.
You mean like comic book authors having no basic concept of orders of magnitude? I mean, I'd never use this as an argument against flash, but I don't see why it should be not ok to ridicule that. No context is gonna save this.
>>
>>90252411
he and Queen could probably at least reduce regular crime by funding programs known to reduce recidivism and by investing in urban renewal projects, but those methods involve very little karate and are therefore not effective
>>
>>90252411
>bribing them to move to star city

Leaving a whole bunch of corrupt cops for Green Arrow to deal with would be a dick move.
>>
>>90252363
I'm pretty sure the change of underwater currents and the temperature drop that comes with them is in some way a problem to atlantis
>>
>>90252565
isn't star city where flash lives?
and its assumed that half the corrupt cops are just afraid of the villains in gotham, so moving them and their families to star city would prolly remove most reason to be so corrupt.
there's less organized crime and random manslaughtering maniacs over there.
>>
>>90252480
I'm saying it's idiotic to criticize comics from one out of context panel.

Like I said, if you actually go read those comics, you'll see that the writers totally justify the high power levels and make them make sense. You're insisting that something is stupid without ever actually reading it. Which is what makes you sound like a casual who gets all of their information from meme images.
>>
>>90250466
As the flash speeds up he interacts with the world less. So when moving at light speed he just goes through everything. At normal speed he is fully tangible. Everything between that is a gradient. So he has to use stuff like needles, tripwires and there would be a reason to slow down.
>>
>>90252625
Flash lives in Central City. They have a really good, non-corrupt police force.

Queen lives in Star, which has as much of a corrupt cop problem as Gotham, but Queen is OK with bribing the cops, while Batman is not.

Batman depends on Gordon to weed out corruption as best as he can, but criminals took to threatening cops' families to get them to cooperate, which there's really nothing you can do about.
>>
>>90252732
ah, got confused with the star labs thing.
ok, so send them to central then. and build an entire living complex for cops and their families thats protected by the latest in wayne and lex corp tech.
>>
>>90252634
the point is that there is a point at which the "powers" you are setting up seize to have physical meaning, at which point they seize to be any more impressive in our universe. Authors just don't understand the numbers they use, which is understandable and justifiable. But if you consider it idiotic of a reader to estimate a comic's quality based on out-of-context panels you can't deny me considering it idiotic of an author to measure a character's power based on units and quantities from *our* universe which make absolutely no sense in the context they are used.

I'm just talking about your complement, authors trying to understand the meaning of numbers and orders of magnitude they use.
>>
>>90251824
The US government

Semper's giving Vic his own villains in the current run.
>>
>>90253246
The page after this Flash says he was exaggerating.

Also there's no point I'm aware of where anything is measured in attoseconds. This was written by Johns who admittedly doesn't have a good grasp on science but nothing else he wrote of Flash is this crazy.

Still, we're talking about a character who can time travel, vibrate into other universes and in a few extreme circumstances go faster than light. And yet writers such as Waid and Johns manage to consistently write compelling stories for him.
>>
>>90251824
Wonder Woman has a ton of villains, Circe, Cheetah, Silver Swan, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, Ares, Angle-Man, and a lot of others. Just because they haven't been in a cartoon doesn't mean they don't exist.

Cyborg doesn't have villains because he's never had a solo until like a year ago.

Aquaman has Fisherman and Quisp, but admittedly few of his villains recur past the runs they debut in. Yet it doesn't matter that much when most of what Aquaman deals with post-Crisis are political enemies and foreign governments instead of specific villains.
>>
>>90253471
I see, no harm no foul then, hah.

yeah, I never meant any disrespect regarding the storytelling, it's just that peculiar/wonky physics in fiction can be a bit silly seen from someone active in the field. Which is no real criticism, by any means. Writers are just humans and life is too short to know everything. And physics can be in the way of good storytelling. Minor mockery of such things just serve as another means of amusement.
>>
>>90253471
Johns didn't write this. It was Chris Roberson.
>>
>>90251698
Oh fuck off.

Flash's writers have always shown they don't even remotely comprehend the speeds and times they are talking about.

I remember there was a page where Seoul gets nuked or something and he literally, as the bomb is going off, runs into the city and physically picks up and carries every single person out of range of the blast outside the city.

Some anon ran the numbers on that. He'd have to travelling several MILLION times the speed of light to do that.

Flash is like a lot of DC heros. So fucking over powered it's not even laughable anymore and the only thing that keeps him from conquering the multiverse in an afternoon is his writers don't realize exactly what they are saying he can do.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.