[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's a Homer attempts suicide episode >It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>It's a Homer attempts suicide episode
>It's a Lisa has depression episode
>It's a Bart is being bullied episode
>It's a family go to group therapy episode
>It's a home invader assaults the children episode
>It's a Marge has an affair episode
>It's a Homer's treatment of a stripper negatively affects Bart's outlook on women episode
>It's a Bart is kept as a slave in a foreign country episode
>It's Homer is struggling to make sure his family have a happy Christmas episode
Why was season one so dark? I love later golden age seasons but the first one was really something else.
>>
>>90249196
it was closer to the concept of the show: dysfunctional middle class family and all the joys of being a part of it.
>>
>>90249196
2 was more grimdark despite not having any plots as heavy as "Homer tries to fucking kill himself." 1 at least stays pretty jokey and wacky even with those plots; while 2's still a comedy it really piles on the drama/emotion at times.

2 is the best season and 1 is most classic.
>>
>>90249945
>2 was more grimdark
I don't see it. I'm rewatching season 2 now and I think that there is more comedy than in first. Even episodes like Old Money or One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish have lots of comedy despite drama tier plot.
>>
>>90250544
Not every episode, but I think things like Lisa's Substitute, Bart Gets an F, etc. seem more heavy when it comes to the emotional outbursts etc. than 1 did.

It might just be different senses of humor though. 1 just comes off as more overtly funny to me, or less serious maybe, even though I think the comedy (and writing in general) in 2 is stronger.
>>
>>90249196
It was a product of its time. First season Simpsons was basically a huge take that at traditional family sitcoms. The writers took the traditional sitcom family and turned them around. The perfect pristine tv family because a dysfunction family of losers, which is going to bring some darkness along with it.
>>
>>90249196
>It's a Let's Bitch About Everything thread
>>
>>90250996
>The writers took the traditional sitcom family and turned them around.
Wasn't Married with Children first with this?
>>
>>90251037
Where do you see bitching? I really like season one. The only negative post itt so far is yours.
>>
>>90249196
those are good
>>
I really want The Simpsons to go back to this kind of tone and atmosphere the first season had.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.