[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In retrospect, isn't it kind of a miracle that this show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: teen_titans_pictures.jpg (159KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
teen_titans_pictures.jpg
159KB, 1024x768px
In retrospect, isn't it kind of a miracle that this show was any good at all?

>based off a comic book property almost nobody cared about
>riding the ANIME wave that brought a lot of shitty wannabe shows out to the west
>was a low budget action shiw

And yet
>actually brought a lot of the good story lines from the source material and popularized the brand
>actually paid homage to contemporary anime at the time like flcl and despite the weeaboo aspect it actually had a solid aesthetic of its own
>managed to have interesting visuals and fantastic designs to make up for the limited animation

Can we have a teen titans thread?
>>
>>90244864
It wasn't good.
In the DC animation of that era:
JLU >>>>>> The Batman >>> Teen Titans
>>
New Teen Titans was DC's most popular comic book of the 1980s.
>>
>>90244876
I mean it wasn't as good as justice League but what I'm saying is that it should have been a super shitty to yeti weeb show like a lot of what we were getting back then, and instead we got something that actually fucking tried.
>>
>>90244864
>riding the ANIME wave that brought a lot

This is a good thing. It's why the show had continuity and actual story arcs.
>>
>>90244914
Yeah because DCAU didn't have continuity or story arcs.
>>
>>90244898
It was a super-shitty weeaboo show.
Back when that show came out everyone here /co/ universally hated it. Now you kids all grew up and can't see the trash for the nostalgia.
>>
>>90244950
>Back when that show came out everyone here /co/ universally hated it.
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>riding the ANIME wave that brought a lot of shitty wannabe shows out to the west

Such as?
>>
>>90244876
It was good. Hell its the best thing about this franchise which isn't saying much.

>JLU
Argeed but a very unfair comparison
>The Batman
Hell no, started out interesting but got really dull once Robin came in and the redesigns were off putting
>>90244897
>1980s
Why do people keep bringing this like it means anything especially by the time the show came out and DC had already abandoned most of the Titans run after several failed re-launches?
>>
>>90244950
>Back when that show came out everyone here /co/ universally hated it
[citation needed]
>>
>>90244924
>implying Timm isn't a weeb
>>
>>90244864
>based off a comic book property almost nobody cared about

I'm pretty sure teen titans was one of the most popular DC comics at some point
>>
>>90244962
Ben 10
Megas XLR
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go
TMNT 2003
Loonatics Unleashed
>>
>>90244950
Its always funny seeing people say this shit when back then we had Avatar threads everywhere and people were BAWWWing over TT getting canned. The "shitty weaboo" bullshit is something that hot brought up recently
>>
>>90244991
Because the cartoon is based on the comic books from the 1980s you dopey cunt
>>
>>90245025
Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't all of those shows come years after TT ended?
>>
>>90245019
Yeah.....20 years before the show came to be then pratically died before the turn in the 90s when Wolfman left.
>>90245034
And? When the cartoon aired DC had mostly buried Titans comics due to low sales, the TV series revived interested in the series again.
>>
>>90245052
Only Ben 10
>>
>>90245025
Also Xiaolin Showdown and Totally Spies
>>
>>90245052
No, all of those shows began production between 2003 and 2006, while Teen Titans was on the air.

There's also French cartoons like Code Lyoko and W.I.T.C.H which are the same shit.
>>
>>90245052
All came out at the same time. Ben 10 premiered a week before TT ended.
>>
>>90245088
>>90245105
Kappa Mikey and Shuriken School were also this. There was also Oban Star Racers.
>>
>raven in a one piece swimsuit showing off thicc thighs and butt

why this in a kid's show
>>
>>90245134
They showed more suggestive stuff on Toonami so it was fine.
>>
even if TT was good it was still nothing compared to Batman Beyond

Batman Beyond > all
>>
>>90245134
No characters in this show had a butt worth showing.
>>
>>90245145
This is true.
>>
>>90245193
*cough* starfire *cough*
>>
>>90245134
Well....its inspired by anime so you should expect sexy teenagers everywhere.
>>
File: Kid-Chi-Chi.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kid-Chi-Chi.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>90245143
Early 2000s sure was a different time.
>>
>>90244950
>Back when that show came out everyone here /co/ universally hated it.
>trying to act like a oldfag
>>
File: 1464524047924.jpg (29KB, 576x446px) Image search: [Google]
1464524047924.jpg
29KB, 576x446px
>>90245237
???
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.