[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think about the Batman Arkham games? Are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What does /co/ think about the Batman Arkham games? Are they faithful to the comics/TV series/movies? Are they good? I really need more Batman in my life.
>>
The first one is notable for how close it is to the comics. Not the Arkham Asylum comic, mind you, just the comics in general at that time.

The sequels went and started their own universe and it kind of fucked that up. But the characters were still pretty true to their original selves. I think RS got a little too big and too many of the new hires were not as hardcore of Batman fans as the ones from the first game. Also the series itself got too massive.

The design of the games is fantastic, in terms of game design. As someone who's spent hundreds of hours playing the series, the difference between the fighting and the map design in the main series and Origins is night and day.

I would hope that things like this game and the Animated Series would serve as good introductions and get people into the comics, but unfortunately lots of retards from /v/ come and try reading the comics and get upset that they're not exactly the same as the games/cartoons and say stupid shit like "The Arkham games and TAS are better versions of Batman than the comics!"
>>
>>90237941
>I would hope that things like this game and the Animated Series would serve as good introductions and get people into the comics
If it's any consolation, I was a Batman fan since watching the animated series but it wasn't until I read the bios of the characters in Arkham Asylum that I realized I didn't know shit about Batman and I decided to start reading comics.
>>
>>90238429
Is Arkham Knight worth it? I enjoyed Asylum and City a lot.
>>
>>90238715
In terms of gameplay, it's the most refined it has ever been. The story on the other hand is not necessarily the best. That said, I really consider the Arkham Knight to be a fantastic iteration of Jason. There's no need for a Lazarus Pit and his motivation is so much more than "I'm mad you didn't kill the joker"
>>
>>90238715
It's a fantastic game. Story is pretty lame though.

>>90238908
Nah, Red Hood was just as awful as he is in every other version.
>>
>>90240102
>>90238715
Also, the "tank" gameplay on the Batmobile is kinda fun, but really un-Batmanlike. I've wanted to drive a really accurate and fleshed out Batmobile my whole life and the game comes just a little short. I do love how much utility the car has in the game.
>>
>>90238715
Get Origins and Knight.

Origins has the best boss battles in the series and Knight has the best hand to hand combat in the series.
>>
File: Kevin-Smith-you're-not-funny.jpg (286KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Kevin-Smith-you're-not-funny.jpg
286KB, 1400x700px
>>90238429
To be fair, the comics can sometimes be kind of stupid, but that's to be expected from an ongoing medium.
>>
>>90238715
Knight looked amazing and I had fun playing it but the story was pretty weak.
>>
>>90238715
Knight is really really good but with some major flaws. Don't expect any boss fights, and know that a lot of people aren't too fond of the tank fights.
>>
Gameplay, music, voice acting and graphics wise they're fine.
Plot and characterization range from godawful to mediocre, sometimes within a span of one game.
>>
>>90237941
I love the fuck out of them because I'm not an autist who thinks every franchise tied to a name has be frame for frame, word for word true to source.

The games weren't meant to be cannon so people who want that are kind of dumb to start with.

Each new game brought something new to the table and I loved that.
>>
>There will never be an Arkham game based on Batman Beyond

Sucks.
>>
>the next Batman game will be about Damien Wayne
Kill me
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.