[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do networks nowadays release new episodes in bombs instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: nitw_twitter_card.jpg (118KB, 662x619px) Image search: [Google]
nitw_twitter_card.jpg
118KB, 662x619px
Why do networks nowadays release new episodes in bombs instead of weekly? Are they trying to kill shows?
>>
I remember when Pokemon moved to the WB they were releasing like four new episodes per Saturday (or Sunday depending on which state you lived in)
>>
>>90235288
Why are you posting NITW? Are you on the run from /v/?
>>
With how much instant content they have to compete with, it's easier to get people to tune in for the bombs than hoping they remember to tune in every week.
>>
>>90236684
It's just a reaction image

>>90237851
I'd guess that releasing them in bombs hurts ratings because of how sporadic they can be
>>
>>90238134
Netflix and the likes are slowing killing tv channels.
I wish it could happen faster. CN needs to fucking adapt with the times.
>>
>>90235288
it may be them trying something new to see if it helps ratings. Weekly episodes might make people fall into lax schedules and eventually forget about the show. Having "bombs" could see an increase in online discussion that'll revive fan interest, if only for that one week or so.
>>
>>90238134
With shows, the ratings drop weekly over time, and in the modern day they drop even faster.

What most people do is they get behind on the show and then "binge" on all the episodes they've missed, which means CN doesn't get the views from them.

So the bombs are a way to get people to binge while actually watching their channel.
>>
>>90238350
It's really shitty way to do so.
>>
>>90235288
>bombs

Can we please stop using this term?
>>
>>90238555
Well is there a better one?
>>
>>90238555

Does it trigger you anon?
>>
>>90235288
Generally, when a new episode is aired, there is some buildup to it using previous episodes. This is done to make it more of an event, a sort of marathon, a night full of the show in question. When you have a "bomb", that is not necessary. Buildup before each new episode is obtained by the very nature of the bomb-just yesterday a brand new episode was released. The amount of "hype" a network wants for a series when they release a new episode has already been achieved, there is no need to air additional episodes beforehand.

In a bomb, you really only have to air the new episodes. There is less of a need to air older episodes in addition. Therefore, you don't need to air the show as much. Therefore, you have more time to air Teen Titans Go.
>>
>>90238496
I understand the logic of this for serialized content aimed at an adult market, but are children really also moving to a binge watching model of consumption.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.