[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like animation more than live-action? Do you like comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: comics and cartoons.png (219KB, 996x834px) Image search: [Google]
comics and cartoons.png
219KB, 996x834px
Do you like animation more than live-action?
Do you like comics more than books?

What drove you to enjoy the medium that you like, /co/?
>>
>>90219047
>Do you like animation more than live-action?
Depends.
>Do you like comics more than books?
Depends.
>What drove you to enjoy the medium that you like, /co/?
Being able to find enjoyment in a wide variety of different things, regardless of medium.
>>
>>90219047
>that pic

/co/ is too hot. I wanna fuck him.
>>
>>90219047
By far
If by books you mean litterature, yes
>>
>>90219528
Uh, no thanks.
>>
>>90219330
are you anthropomorphic and/or a little girl?
>>
>>90219047
Yes, it gives the creator more ability to do what they want to do.

Yes, it's the perfect combination of a visual medium and, well, books.

Escapism from the fact that both my parents walked out on me. The more I gave less of a shit, the more they started to become a hobby.
>>
>>90219047
Yes.
No.
Cartoons were always something I was into. Right now, I am realizing that I always kind of hated the ones that I grew up with. I hate a lot of the shit that airs right now.
I always liked reading, but I never got into comics until I read All-Star Superman about a year ago. I am very picky on the things I want to read in comics.
>>
>>90219047
Yes
No

It's just nice and comfy for me, plus it's fun having dumb discussions about entertainment.
>>
>>90219047
Yeah
Do you like comics more than books?
Depends, but generally no.
What drove you to enjoy the medium that you like, /co/?
Just kinda fell in, I think I read some Hulk when I was 11,after everyone on YouTube kept saying that the Planet Hulk book was better then the movies and just went on from there.
>>
Almost always animation; its limitless.
Tough to say, I haven't curled up with a novel in a few years. I started as a /lit/fag and a sliver of my heart will always belong there. They both have their strengths, but I think comics can go farther, being a synthesized medium. Much more to explore, and the written word already got explored around the enlightenment era. I'd say yes, I prefer comics to books.

For comics, it was seeing my /co/mrade's enthusiasm.
>>
>>90219330
Oh, anon, you flatter me~
>>
>>90222563
But OP didn't mention MLP?
>>
I've always had a problem where I have trouble picturing the things described in books, for example for every character I have to imagine an actor or character from something else because I can't just picture them in my mind from nothing.

Autism? Stupidity? Who knows.

Comics circumvent that by having images with them.

I still read books, but comics are the most engaging for me.
>>
>>90222661
Don't bother, you can't reason with an animal.
>>
>>90222705
>Autism

If your hand is bigger than your face you'll know for sure.
>>
>>90223718
>He's still trying
>>
File: WEINER.gif (1MB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
WEINER.gif
1MB, 700x500px
Oh wow, barneyfag is still alive!
How does it feel to be a meme?
>>
File: Leviathan Wakes.jpg (1MB, 1775x2790px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan Wakes.jpg
1MB, 1775x2790px
>>90219047
on the whole, yes
hell no. On the rare occasions that I drop 50 bucks on TPDs, I'm always disappointed, whereas giant cinderblock novels like the Expanse series are immensely entertaining and don't kill my wallet
>>
I'm a man child who never outgrew cartoons.
>>
File: devils in the moonlight.gif (882KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
devils in the moonlight.gif
882KB, 480x480px
>>90219047
> Do you like animation more than live-action?
I'd have to say yes

> Do you like comics more than books?
Not particularly. They're both pretty good.

> What drove you to enjoy the medium that you like, /co/?
A medium's greatest strength is not what it can do, but what it cannot do. Hitchcock's idea of suspense and "not showing the monster" doesn't just apply to horror, it applies to every form of art in existence. Books are good because they leave so much to the reader's imagination. Black and white movies are often better than color films because they draw attention specific things like light and shadow. Radio dramas are terrific for the same reasons. The secret of all great art is to focus on specific things that allow the audience to better understand the whole.

This is why animation is probably my favorite art form. It has less detail, and the lack of detail draws attention to what's important. Cartoons somehow can feel more human than footage of real people. The little things give you a more vivid, intimate idea of the whole.

This is also why 3D animation will never be as good as hand drawn 2D animation. There's too much detail. Auto-detail. It's careless.
>>
>>90225243
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>90227386
>>90227489
All you have to do to ruin this guy's day is report him once and then leave the thread and he'll literally spend most of his night resetting his router to get a new IP and posting this in the thread.

It feels good to be wasting some idiot's time.
>>
>>90227687
no it's not
>>
>>90219321
/thread
>>
I tend to prefer animation to live action. Mainly because I like the visuals more and what you can do with it. For example, Samurai Jack wouldn't be nearly as interesting or downright good if it were live action.
>>
>>90230186
>One person's experience and opinions ends the thread
>>
>>90231072
>[...] because it's the only universal answer
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.