[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any capeshit series worth reading? I see a lot of recommendation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: big-barda.jpg (106KB, 620x863px) Image search: [Google]
big-barda.jpg
106KB, 620x863px
Are there any capeshit series worth reading? I see a lot of recommendation threads for non capeshit comics but I'm someone who's never really read capeshit. The only cape comics I've read was supreme power and I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>90217179
Yeah there are plenty. Interested in anything in particular?
>>
https://www.mediafire.com/EssentialCapeshit

Abandoned, but still worthwhile.
>>
Like anything else, there's good and bad. We would need to know specifically what non-capeshit you enjoy to determine what capeshit might suit you best.
>>
>>90217179
You wont enjoy any of them if you keep calling them capeshit. Or are you just using that word to fit in?
>>
>>90217217
spiderman seems really funny. fourth world seems really cool so I'll definitely try reading jack kirbys run. I dont know if there are any other runs. Wonder woman. Green lantern.
>>
>>90217262
What're you a newfag? I read capeshit all the time and I still call it capeshit.
Look >>90217227
Even the guy he made a rec folder called it capeshit.
If you're offended by that then fuck off m8.
>>
File: PeanutsOPM.png (581KB, 800x840px) Image search: [Google]
PeanutsOPM.png
581KB, 800x840px
>>90217179
Astro City
Invincible
One Punch Man
Empowered

There you go.
Do not get sucked into the coporate worlds of Spider-Man and Batman, it will only lead to heartbreak and deja vu.
>>
>>90217319
*tips*
>>
>>90217275
>spiderman seems really funny.
From the beginning, Amazing Fantasy #15 and then Amazing Spider-Man #1. Feel free to leave after Romita leaves.

>fourth world seems really cool so I'll definitely try reading jack kirbys run.
Runs, plural. It's told over multiple comics. Since you like Big Barda, read Mister Miracle by J. M. DeMatteis after you finish Kirby's stuff.

>Wonder woman.
The George Perez run. The classic Greg Rucka run. The Brian Azzarello run.

>Green lantern.
I don't recommend it.
>>
>>90217371
The OP's post gave me the vibe that he couldn't care less what strapping boy was vying to ride Shotgun with Batman, or whether Spider-Man would ever get his marriage back from Satan or just continue to develop sexual tension with every single other character in his book.
>>
>>90217380
okay thank you
>>
>>90217319

don't read empowered.
>>
>>90217275
For Spider-man I recommend Marvel Adventure's Spider-man an enjoyable series of one-shots that leads into some larger stories later. It's an all-ages comic so it's pretty light hearted and jokey.

For Wonder Woman there's Rucka's run (not the current one) and Azzarello.

Green Lantern all I can say is The Omega Men by Tom King.
>>
>>90217302
Been here for 6 years. The word capeshit only became popular here after /tv/ started using it
>>
>>90217470
Yeah but it's not an insult even if they meant it as much. And it's easier to type than "superhero stories"
>>
>>90217470
>Been here for 6 years.
Lurk more, newfriend.
>>
>>90217500
Over half this board is people with a year or less of lurking, as a 2006fag myself, he's salty enough to get into the Spitoon.
>>
>>90217531
Capeshit in common parlance is older than the /tv/ invasion though.
>>
>>90217275
>Green lantern.

DC Universe, the stories of Alan Moore.

"Mogo Doesn't Socialize" and a few others he did are instant classics.

DC has turned one-off issues Moore wrote into the bedrock for much of the modern GL stories. He was casually that influential.
>>
>>90217629
>DC has turned one-off issues Moore wrote into the bedrock for much of the modern GL stories.

Those stories are good but this is a stretch. Modern GL is about the rainbow corps. Johns referenced the Moore stuff he liked (along with stuff from other creators) but it's not like they were necessary at all.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.