[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I watched this when I was a teenager and found that it was entirely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: lolsorandumb.jpg (666KB, 1920x1537px) Image search: [Google]
lolsorandumb.jpg
666KB, 1920x1537px
I watched this when I was a teenager and found that it was entirely just a bunch of lolsorandumb humor. I got bored of it after the first season or so.

Is there something I'm missing, here, or is the show just retarded?
>>
It's good until after season like four or five. Went to shit when they got a budget
>>
It's a pleb filter
you got filtered bro
>>
Repeat after me
I am
Sofa king
We Todd Ed
>>
>>90209403
I am.. sofaking..... we Todd Ed
>>
>>90209080
>lolsorandumb humor
fucking philistine faggot
>>
File: aab9ce54e77c463148e68a84ae80885c.jpg (221KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
aab9ce54e77c463148e68a84ae80885c.jpg
221KB, 1920x1440px
>>90209434
Hahaha, you say funny thing
>>
>>90209462

billywitchdoctordotcom is one of my favorite characters in the show
>>
>>90209367
Okay, how? What am I missing? Bestow your wisdom upon me, o senpai.
>>
>>90209735

It's not the lolsorandumb humor that's funny. It's more the characters and how they react to all the crazy bullshit that happens to them.

It's hard to describe why something's funny, you either find a funny or not, but it's a little bit smarter than just having silly things happen for no reason. The real meat of the comedy comes from the personality of the characters. Particularly Shake, in that he's such a pathetic loser but he has such an enormous ego. Just pay attention to the conversations and if you find it funny, or you can see people you know in the characters, then you get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSg7PMhrbik
>>
>>90209983

>Everyone is dead
>Shake still needs to lie about having sex

Great scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5EiaM_Qqkw
>>
File: carl galaxy.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
carl galaxy.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>90209735

I guess the core reasons it's had such staying power for the people who liked it are what >>90209983 said, in that the characters all have very distinct and strong personalities that govern their behavior. The world they live in is crazy, but Frylock will attempt to be rational (and fail), Shake will be egotistical and self serving, Meatwad will misunderstand something obvious in a way that's charmingly retarded, and Carl will just be as fucking stereotypical Jerseycore as possible.

The other underlying part of the humor is the extremes it goes to, it's an intentionally heightened environment to the point of ridiculousness. If an object gets thrown, it doesn't just break it explodes. If Shake or Carl do get female attention, it's not that the female is merely trashy or loose but she is likely a literal monster of some kind, the crawlspace doesn't just have mold and a hole in it it has a far gate and mold that is politer than the occupants.

You ever watch Evil Dead II? It a lot like how part of the fun from that comes from the sheer over-the-topness of the effects and overacting.
>>
its not lolsorandumb, in fact there are very few non-sequitar jokes in the shows, its surrealism.
a show that uses random humor and non-sequitars is invader zim, the joke is money tacos being abruptly said by gir.
athf is about impossible and illogical scenarios like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7abReXKTP6A
>>
>>90212865
The name of the show is literally a non-sequitur lolsorandumb joke. What the fuck does "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" mean? It's just a bunch of random words that have no connection to each other.
>>
>>90213475
it's a spinoff from space ghost where they were actually presented as a dumb themed superhero team like teenage mutant ninja turtles which itself is a joke poking fun at dumb comic shit
>>
Is a show for stoners, what you want? Only retarded people can find funny in this show.
>>
>>90212865
Why do I remember seeing this uncensored?
>>
>>90209080

It's lolrandumb done properly
>>
>>90216452
I dont think anything Adult Swim produces is inherently dumb and randumb. Take Xavier Renegade Angel for example. Its a lot more clever in it's script than you would ever think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY
>>
I like this show, but man, it's not a good show to watch on acid. It was the one where Frylock kills all of them but it was a simulation, and it was super intense and upsetting...

Also, don't take four blots because you think two is gonna be too weak...
>>
>>90209735
Nope, you're too far gone.
>>
>>90211509
Best post.
>>
>>90209080
Absurdist humor + exaggerated characters = funny late night programming.
>>
>>90209080
What I like about it is that they take real things and make them absurd to make a point for example
The religious nuts in bible fruit
South Bronx Parasite diet
The episode with the juggalos
The boost mobile episode
The plastic surgery episode
People think everything is totally XD random but it's always poking fun at real shit
>>
Did anyone watch the VR Carl 1hr special? I'd fucking kill for a series like that

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/carls-lock/pregame-prognostifications-from-the-pigskin-wyzzard/
>>
>>90220673
I was laughing the entire time. If only the callers were a bit better.
>>
>>90220721
At least Carl was able to take the piss out of them

I don't even watch Americlap football and it was entertaining as fuck
>>
>>90209462

get that /MLP/ meme out of here
>>
>>90209080
It's like SGC2C, it's a particular style of humor.
>>
You're missing a sense of humor. I'm afraid it's terminal.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.