[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The greatest film ever has turned 11. Be a happy. Hail only this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0812.jpg (29KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812.jpg
29KB, 182x268px
The greatest film ever has turned 11. Be a happy. Hail only this movie. Be a happy.
>>
You watched that video by pan too huh?
>>
I saw the movie for long before that Pan video, yet if you asked me what it was about I wouldn't be able to tell. I remember nothing from this movie except that it confused the fuck out of me while I was watching it.

It's like that Dinosaur Circus movie.
>>
pan is a shitboy

I was meming this film for years
>>
File: doogal.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
doogal.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>Doogal is now old enough for kisses
>>
I saw this movie before Pan reviewed it.

It really was shit.
>>
>>90201702

I probably would've enjoyed this had I known where it came from originally
>>
I wish the american dub wasn't made.

The movie wasn't good, but I don't appreciate something as excellent as the Magic Roundabout series being treated like Food Fight.

THE MOVIE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE THOUGH don't get me wrong!
>>
Even as a kid it was boring
>>
>>90201702

My nephew loved the original British version, Magic Roundabout. The American dub is painful to watch, though.
>>
HI I'M STEVE
>>
>>90207856
I grew up with this movie in french.
It's legit kino.
To anybody reading this, go watch it right now.
>>
I just bought a hoodwinked dvd that was 2 bucks at value village and it had a Doogal ad inside the case
>>
File: 7epECPv5.png (18KB, 92x174px) Image search: [Google]
7epECPv5.png
18KB, 92x174px
>>90201702
>Pan recommended watching the American Dub over the British Dub
fuck off
I'll take Tom Baker over Jon Stewart anyday.
Plus you've got Robbie Williams as Doogal.
>>
>>90201702
Is this the movie that made over a billion bucks and wiped the slate clean at all the awards shows?
>>
>>90210380
The one and only
>>
Took my little brother and sister to it, fucking hated every second.
>>
>The ox with the kevin smith voice

10/10 cringecore
>>
But that movie is twelve years old, it was just redubbed and retitled in North America and released a year later as a result.
>>
File: doogal to be continued.jpg (52KB, 852x482px) Image search: [Google]
doogal to be continued.jpg
52KB, 852x482px
>>90201702

Best part of the Pan review.
>>
Thanks Shrek
>>
>>90201702

>The greatest film ever
That's not Foodfight fartknocker.
>>
>>90213155
Could this be, dare I say it, a jojo reference?
>>
> British version is super comfy and charming, if at the worst perhaps a little boring for some, or maybe even a little confusing for those with zero knowledge/nostalgia for the characters
> Needless American dub is so bad and crass that it's considered one of the worst animated films of all time

I'm guessing some don't even realise that Magic Roundabout is an old TV show and assume that "Doogal" is all there is to it.
>>
I remember seeing this movie's case back in a video store in 2008.
Both the dog and the summary looked kinda meh but it was too cute for me to think about it. Then one day I find a list of worst films ever and learn about the film's story. Left me pondering.
>>
File: blade-runner-tears-in-rain.jpg (55KB, 1434x670px) Image search: [Google]
blade-runner-tears-in-rain.jpg
55KB, 1434x670px
>>90213321
>mfw the original series will never be collected on DVD, and the vast majority of the original 450 episodes are lost forever to future generations
>>
>>90201969
Are you talking about We're Back! ? Because that's great and pretty memorable.
>>
Let's not forget who to blame for this

> Writer Butch Hartman (The Fairly OddParents) rewrote the storyline to accommodate multiple pop culture references (mostly from The Lord of the Rings) and flatulence jokes (neither of which were present in the original release).
>>
File: 1366692076094-1-.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
1366692076094-1-.png
1MB, 441x603px
>One of the skeletons just shouts "Pirates of the Caribbean"
>>
I saw it in the cinema and enjoyed it, then again I did not see the american version.
>>
Doogal is what happens when an out-of-touch executive discovers abridged parodies.
>>
>>90213970
Gotta love the BBC and their utter disdain for their own shows.
>>
Might give the series a rewatch thanks to this thread, haven't watched it since I was 7 at latest. How does it hold up, lads? Are the supposed 'adult jokes' really there or is it just stoners looking into things too much?
>>
File: ittai.jpg (18KB, 325x292px) Image search: [Google]
ittai.jpg
18KB, 325x292px
>>90213970
>430 episode
The fuck, are there seriously that many?
>>
>>90214444
Ain't that the truth...
>>90214492
>441 five-minute-long episodes from 18 October 1965 to 25 January 1977
Turns out we were both a little off.
>>
File: 56f54453c507f.png (7KB, 168x164px) Image search: [Google]
56f54453c507f.png
7KB, 168x164px
>>90214383
>There is no Spoon
Thank god we stopped Jimmy Fallon from acting.
>>
>>90213276
GODDAMNIT /v/ KEEP YOUR SHIT ON YOUR OWN BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>90214444
They're fine if you want to find Dr Who episodes but good luck for literally anything else. Especially the one-off specials. Yet despite seemingly never intending to ever air/release things again, are also super strict with YouTube content locks.

Not that ITV is much better. All THEY have to do is release a best of SMTV:Live collection as I think it's an Anniversary year and they would earn a mint.
>>
>>90201702
My little brother enjoyed this film for some unfathomable reason, even tried to get his friends in on it. These days he refers to it as "charming," which is his term for "objectively garbage but I don't want to admit I had shit taste as a kid."
>>
>>90214444
Sentimentality aside, there wasn't much reason to hold on to old children's TV recordings.

Even now, stuff is getting lost because nobody will care for another decade or two, at which point it will be too late.
>>
>>90213155
Neat title allusion joke AND bridge to "JoJo's guide to the 3-act story structure", I must say.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.