[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait a second This doesn't make sense If everyone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: 1487979740510.jpg (96KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1487979740510.jpg
96KB, 500x283px
Wait a second

This doesn't make sense

If everyone's super, then EVERYONES super. Nobody stops being super.

Kind of stupid.
>>
>>90200526
if everyone is rich then then no one is poor
so you can't look down at other because they are poor, and then rich becomes the new normal
>>
syndrome was practically dumb

if he had read any comic book he'd realize super intellect is one of the more OP powers
>>
>>90200586
But what if someone becomes even more super? is he a super super?
>>
>>90200526
You already posted this on /tv/, faggot.
>>
>>90200526
When everyone's spamming, no one is
>>
>>90200526
Okay so you're above everyone else on the totem pole of society right? You're considered, or you consider yourself to be special because of how seemingly better you are then everyone

Now what if everyone got on to your level? You're no longer above everyone because everyone is now your equal

Being on your level is the new norm and can no longer be considered special
>>
Even if he succeeded he's just lowering the power floor. There are still gonna be people with better superpowers than others.
>>
"Super" is only by context. If you were able to bench press a bulldozer, and you went to a nation where everyone could do that, you would not be super.
>>
>>90200622
obviously some powers are better than others so there would still be some kind of hierarchy, syndrome was an edgy fag
>>
The point was it's a simplistic immature reasoning that came from a place of anger and bitterness. Which is why it's almost verbatim what an angry bitter 10 year old said earlier in the movie.
>>
>>90200526
no idiot.if everyones super, then super is the new normal.Therefore,superpowers become something of an everyday life.
>>
>>90200526
He wasn't talking about people in general, but rather how Mr. Fantastic would personally feel. You know, the dude's entire motivation...?
>>
>>90200526
I agree, I've never liked the logic behind that statement. It reminds me of "It's not enough that I should win; everyone else has to lose." If you got a nice car and everyone else on your block had the same nice car, that makes your nice car not as nice. What a fucking petty way to be.
>>
>>90200526
the prefix super- literally means 'over'
you can't be over if everyone else is too, then you're just 'at'
let me see, latin for at is... uh.. tenus.
>>
>>90200717
I get what you're saying, I see the point and I know a lot of people can relate to it, but I just can't. It never made any damn sense to me.

>Okay so you're above everyone else on the totem pole of society right?
FUCK the totem pole. What everyone else has doesn't matter, as long as I've got mine. I'm special because I say so, I don't have to prove a motherfucking thing to anyone. I wish more people thought like this, rather than predicating self worth on the idea that life is a fucking contest that can needs to have winners and losers in every aspect.
>>
>>90200919
which is basically what that movie is all about. the rest of the world has tall poppy syndrome going for ostensibly selfless reasons, mr incredible wants people who are superior to be allowed to excel, but on the other end, syndrome wants nobody to excel for selfish reasons
>>
>>90200729
>There are still gonna be people with better superpowers than others.
Well, since he's supplying the powers I don't think he's very concerned about that.
>>
File: 1481969100058.jpg (156KB, 493x482px) Image search: [Google]
1481969100058.jpg
156KB, 493x482px
>>90200799
don't
>>
>>90201040
That sounds like damn commie talk.
>>
>>90200690
No
>>
Do you know the principle of inflation, retard?

If you oversaturate the world with anything, then it loses its value and becomes junk.
>>
>>90200586
Okay, but how is that a bad thing?

No one starves to death. Everyone has what they need. No more rich assholes who think they're better than everyone else. It's a win-win.
>>
>>90201247
Like breathable air!
>>
>>90200526
When everyone has sex with animals. No one will.
>>
File: og (1).jpg (76KB, 1250x789px) Image search: [Google]
og (1).jpg
76KB, 1250x789px
>>90200586
>i created debt, massive trillions of dollars of debt. and when I'm through creating debt, I'll pass on my debt to others, so that they will go into debt and be poor
>and with everyone poor, no-one will be
>>
>>90201287
Because how else will I prove I'm better than you if you don't face the consequences of not having what I have? What's the point of being successful and comfortable if there's someone out there with far more than they deserve being comfortable too? I need that validation because I am an asshole.
>>
>>90201332
That's not how it works mate. Debt is being used as a tool for the rich to control the poor, not to make everyone poor.
>>
>>90201332
Making this all about money and the economy is a distraction. Yes if everyone had tons of money, money would be pointless. But if there was no scarcity of goods, why would that be a problem? If there were no need to compete because everyone had everything, why then would everyone cry about how pointless it is when nobody is being fucked over?

Because people just want to see the other guy get screwed, and that's a shitty attitude.
>>
>>90200526
If everyone is Super than it doesn't matter is pretty much what he's saying. He's communism incarnate basically, he even has red hair for crying out loud.
>>
>>90200586
>Government gives everyone money, congratulations everyone is rich
There is no more people willing to fix the roads or clean the hospital's or do anything at all since they are rich
Even tho everyone is rich there are still richer people who own production in China who are mad that they are the only ones paying more taxes than money they get, they run to another country
Suddenly US dollars aren't worth the papper they are printed in
>>
>>90201355
Thanks for dropping by, Mr. President.
>>
>>90200526
So the idea is that we shouldn't give everyone super powers because then the super heroes wouldn't be able to save the day? They feel threatened so they hold back the human race from possibly moving forward? There better be some sort of catch, otherwise I'm having a hard time seeing Incredible as the good guy here. His reasons are just as shitty as Syndrome's jealousy.

You wanna keep being a hero when everyone has the same powers as you? Become a cop.
>>
>>90201645
I think Syndrome was the villain because he was murdering people anon. Just a hunch here.
>>
Super and extraordinary means above average, beyond the norm. If everyone's at the same level, then there is no super, no extraordinary. Syndrome is technically correct, but he's naive in thinking that his chinese shit tier knock offs will eliminate a hierarchy of skill amongst Superheroes. You think the number one fan of a Superhero would realize it's not just power which made Bob so successful, but his cunning and determination.

Basically I'm saying Ochako Uraraka is going to either be the main villain or real protagonist of Boku No Hero Acadmia
>>
>>90201594
I wish someone hadn't used money as an example.

>There is no more people willing to fix the roads or clean the hospitals

Yeah because no one would take responsibility for that simply for the sake of having working roads and hospitals. The only reason anyone does anything is to collect a check. It's always been that way and it will always be that way. Uh huh.

>>90201711
Then they're both villains.
>>
>>90200526
Once everyone is super the playing field is level again is what he means
>>
>>90201503
Congratulations you now live in communism utopia, since hundreds of millions of Americans have the same health care plan your life or death surgery has to be pushed back 6 months because communism didn't magically create more hospitals and doctors and now everyone needs attention 24/7
Want a burger? Well too bad, we promised no scarcity but guess what something happenned somewhere we couldn't have predicted and now gas costs are 4 times bigger and with no costumers to pass the cost to that means everyone suffers for this and your meat dinner will have to wait another month
Hey we heard your entire city got flooded too bad we don't have the funds/missplaced the funds/lack equipment to handle this, and with no private companies to fix it for us it means we won't be able to
Hey friendly we heard your wife is pregnant but you already have two healthy boys, can't have the state worrying about your three children when so many comrades struggle to have one
>>
>>90201645
It's the motivation.

Syndrome's idea may not have been inherently evil, but he was explicitly doing it not to help people help themselves, but to spite someone else.

Besides, unless he conquered China's entire manufacturing capability, he couldn't feasibly give powers to *everyone*. The rich would have a vastly disproportionate amount of his products, widening the class gap even farther.

Plus, superpowered crime lords. Not fun.

>>90201773
Mr. Incredible wasn't a villain. He was resisting a shift in the status quo based on Syndrome's intentions - even if the idea wasn't flawed, he would've still terrorized a city to get there.
>>
>>90201773

>Yeah because no one would take responsibility for that simply for the sake of having working roads and hospitals

No they wouldn't, look at public sector workers, they just let shit get broken and destroyed and do nothing about it because they either want more funds or don't care
>>
down syndrome
>>
>>90201621
Oh please that is everyone and you know it if it isn't money it's cars, boats, guns, facebook friend numbers, collections of cards toys, any fucking sport you name it someone sure as fuck wants to feel big being part of it.
>>
>>90200526
Super implies your abilities are above those of others. If everyone is super, no one is truly "super".
>>
>>90203527
Look at him
Trying so hard to make something out of himself
What a tool
Communism = jealousy
>>
>>90201854
Syndrome had already killed dozens of people just to advance his goals to what we see in the movie, and he thought nothing of murdering kids.

Fuck his ideas, he was a fucking sociopath.
>>
>>90200526

Thats silly, only high-middle class or higher could afford to pay for powers.
>>
>>90203766
Isn't every single villain ever a sociopath?
>>
>>90200586
>if everyone is rich then then no one is poor

Uh yeh, but that's not what he said. In your example, syndrome would say

>If everyone is rich, then no one is rich

Which is still less stupid than the movie quote. As is the implication everyone having various, incomparable super powers would be a bad thing.
>>
>>90204074
No.
>>
>>90201711
And for a pretty fucking stupid reason.
>>
>>90201287
It's just an example. If everyone has the technology equivalent to super powers than chaotic situations that end with average people killing eachother and wrecking everything becomes the norm.
>>
>>90200526
>>90200712
>>90200716
these, noticed like 3 threads like this, stick to one board you fucking idiot >>>/tv/79761920

saged.
>>
>>90200526
when someone is everything it's no longer special, it's no longer thrilling, exciting or exclusive.

when everyone becomes a super then not being super is what becomes special
>>
>>90201836
>responds with gripes about communism
>to a post specifically about post-scarcity
>>
>>90205135
Communism cannot work, because it is so out of line with human nature.
>>
>>90200690
No, they're just the new standard for what would be considered super. Super is relative to whatever is considered "normal".
>>
>>90200526
Was that not the moral lesson of the story? If everyone's a snowflake there's no reason to celebrate any particular person.

>THEYRE CELEBRATING GOING FROM 4TH GRADE TO 5TH GRADE.
>>
>>90200526
It's not stupid, it's just not evil. Giving everyone superpowers would be great. How much would you pay to fly? Never have to drive to work. Be super strong and make your manual labor job easier? Or just to have fun. This guy's end game is just opening a superpowered Apple Store.
>>
>>90200586
Currency wealth is the same proportionately, that's the entire point of money. Superpowers can be completely different. You can't say a telepath or strongman is the same as a speedster. Syndrome was a fuckwit.
>>
>>90200526
That's how normal people think yes but for evil Randroids like Brad Bird undeserving, untalented people need to be materially worse off than them as well to make them feel that their special snowflake status is being properly recognized by society
>>
If everyone is above average then the average is raised, thus making everyone average
>>
>>90200729
Yes, but the other part of his plan was eliminating the othr heroe
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.