[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why you hate this show without using any buzzwords like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 56

File: image.jpg (60KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 600x406px
Tell me why you hate this show without using any buzzwords like "Tumblr", "SJW", "Filler", etc.
>>
>>90184904
The show let me down due to priding on progressive morals rather than interesting conflict or having characters actually be affected by new events.

Anything cool is over faster than it happens, and builds up to a thud.
>>
>>90184904
It's shit.
'nuff said.
>>
The pacing went to hell after Ocean Gem.
>>
>>90184904
because feminist. feminist is not a buzzword.
>>
>>90184923

"I'm butthurt because the show doesn't stroke my dick for me like a my shonen animus"

Ftfy
>>
>>90184904
I don't hate the show.
I just think the voice acting is weak, and the writing for the non-plot episodes are sub-par.
I also take issue with how they handled Lapis and Peridot's characterization. Peridot might as well be the show's mascot, and Lapis adapted to quickly, despite all that she's gone through.
>>
>>90184904
Inconsistent quality. Can be a bit saccharine at times. Character arcs are ridiculously slow (Steven), non-existent (Garnet, somewhat Amethyst) or terrible (Lapis and Peridot), except for Pearl BEST GEM. General decline post season one with a greater focus on ALIENS, and less on comfy adventures. Less focus on the interpersonal relations between the main characters now as well. The gems still don't give a fuck about any of the humans. The main story is boring. Steven's voice is getting fucking annoying. The animation sucks.
>>
>>90184904
It has Adventure Time's glacier-tier pacing, but without the interesting setting and characters necessary to make the filler (fuck you I said it) episodes enjoyable.

Well, let me rephrase that. It has a setting and characters that could make for enjoyable filler, but instead they choose to make a ton of episodes about boring-ass townies.
>>
>>90184904
There is no plot
No villains
No fighting
No humor
Nothing going on
Main characters are all unlikable
It was at its best during season one and then went to shit Wich is the one thing awful shows share
Garnets voice actress is shit
Way too many useless characters with a new useless character every season
Sugar is a mess, she never wrote anything good
>>
People just tend to hate things that are popular. If there is someone that worships something there will most likely be someone who hates it with a burning passion.
>>
>>90184904
The pace is awful. The character designs are uninteresting, with some basically having simple geometric shapes passing for hair. The voice acting is lackluster and the would-be character arcs are weak.
>>
>>90184904
I watched the pilot and it didn't really do anything for me. That's about it.
>>
>>90184904
Garnet is the only good hero
>>
>>90184904
Watching the show feels like having a bunch of fat teenage girls spout bad jokes and high-fiving each other while laughing about nothing.
>>
>>90185039
The thing is that there's no reason for th townies to be boring.
The cast MADE them boring.

AT's filler is really enjoyable to watch because the character's are compelling.
"Thank You for the Crabapples" had a dumb plot, but the characters made it work. I loved that stupid episode.

And yet I can't think of a single Townie that I think of fondly.
>>
I never really got into the show but I see everyone talking about it on /co/ and having fun theorizing together and I know I'll never be a part of something like that so I just hate it and everyone who likes it.
>>
>>90185109
>>90185039
eh, replace "cast" with "SU Crew"
>>
Pacing's terrible, one episode will be a dense exposition dump with no flow, the next will be a mad dash to accomplish something plot-related before the 10 minutes are over. And almost all of them end immediately with the climax, leaving no cooling-off period.

The characters try way too hard to be endearing, but it just comes off as psychotic and emotionally manipulative. They paint giant blinking, simplistic "character flaw" signs above their heads and then resolve them in a single episode.

The tension is just one big impotent fake-out. No matter how high the stakes are, Steven and the Team have only been in any danger twice and only for like 5 minutes Jasper's appearance hinted at a shift in tone, but ultimately it was just a small diversion and everything went back to soft-room egg white for the remainder of the series.
>>
You know in retrospect, Pearl could have just asked Garnet to fuse with her rather than manipulating her.
Not like fusion costs anything.
>>
>>90184933
What is that agenda, again?
>>
File: IMG_5458.jpg (585KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5458.jpg
585KB, 1920x1080px
>>90184904
The writers made the characters cry so goddamn much that you basically got desensitized to any scenes that are supposed to emotional.

Like, you're supposed to feel this:-

>"oh no, this is sad and I understand this character's struggles..."

Instead, now you feel this:-

>"They're crying again... Eh, and it's the exact same character as well."

When it comes to the characters; Steven is such a Gary-Stu because anyone he faces against either conforms to his side or gets bubbled to deal with later and how he is always right all the goddamn time, Pearl is a self-centered obsessive character who hated a man for decades out of jealousy and liked a woman just because she vaguely resembled her late crush, Garnet became Fusion The Character, Amethyst became a self-hating whiner, Lapis turned into an emo, and Peridot became the show's meme. The only arguably good main character would be Greg and possibly Rose as well.

Way too much focus on Townies. God, the fucking Townies. Filler episodes are supposed to be there as breaks between story arcs, not take up the entire show and have the story arcs be the minor set of episodes. It became 70% filler on whatever random shit the Townies are crazy about and 30% on the story. The only non-gems I've liked were Greg, Mr. Smiley, and uncle Andy Brutananadilewski.

That's about it from the top of my head, I stopped watching after they finished that zoo arc where they went to space with Blue and Yellow Diamond, so I have no idea about anything beyond that.
>>
Slow pace and constant breaks have put this show more and more on the back burner for me. It has elements that make it good but it's use of said elements is mismanaged and squandered for what ultimately amounts to nothing. Adventure time can get away with having multiple one off episodes because it's made to be that, Steven universe is not. My interest in this show is quickly fading and there is little to keep me going on with it.
>>
Every villain tends to get sucked into the love chamber and turn into a dolt

Pacing is bad. It should really be a 30 minutes show imho. What tends to happen in an ep is:
>dicking about for 8 minutes
>serious for 2 minutes
>welp I guess we learned a valuable lesson!
>end
>>
>>90184952
>wanting interesting premises to last
>lol butthurt
It sounds like an actual complaint to me
>>
>>90184952
I have no resonable agruement so i'll just insult you instead
Ftfy
>>
>>90185179
>They paint giant blinking, simplistic "character flaw" signs above their heads and then resolve them in a single episode.
You forgot that they revert back to being the same shitty person they were next episode.
>>
File: Goodbye Mother.png (588KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye Mother.png
588KB, 1280x720px
>>90185227
>Crying Criticism
Absolutely agree and I wonder why they haven't done anything to rectify that.

It's really funny to me that while the bomb showed an absolute abuse of crying to set the emotion of the scene, the AT miniseries airing at the same time demonstrated proper restraint.
When Finn cried, I cried.
>>
>>90184952
>someone states a humble and understandable opinion
>"I can't refute that, so I'll call him butthurt!"

You're a colossal faggot
>>
>>90184904
>Filler
That's a legitimate complaint for this piece of shit show though. But whatever. The show has unlikable and boring characters. The jokes suck, and the main character is annoying and ugly as sin. The animation is shit and the actions look like crap.
>>
>>90184952
>I'm butthurt because the show doesn't stroke my dick for me

Be fair, that's not a bad argument.

>>90184929

Ah. But it's not shit. So you really didn't say anything.

>>90184933

>Main character is male
>Every female adores him
>Literally only exists because most venerated female character on the show loved the dick so much she wanted to die to get one
>Most important love interest on the show is heterosexual
>Even most important gay couple on the show is actually kind of hetero because rubies are such tomboys
>Only male gay couple show split up years ago
>All-powerful matriarchs of Homeworld are portrayed as stone-cold bitches when they're in public and emotionally damaged crying or complaining women when they're not
>Features most likable father figure in animation
>Even stereotypical All-American Republican asshole turns out to be a nice guy

So, were you born retarded or is it the result of a progressive STD that is destroying your brain?
>>
>>90184933
>gay agenda onto children.

Which agenda?
>>
>>90184923
Kind of related but there was no reason to bubble Bismuth.
Even if she wanted to shatter the Diamonds there was no way she could travel into space to enact her plan. She was stuck on earth, and given enough time she would have learned to calm down.
>>
File: annoyed-sam-the-eagle.jpg (67KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed-sam-the-eagle.jpg
67KB, 500x354px
>>90184904
It's narrative and pacing is all over the place. To disjointed and makes it a crapshoot in what to expect in an episode.
Also when you have emotional crying outbursts every other episode it numbs the special close moments because they feel no different then that time Steven got teary eyed over ice cream cookies.
>>
>>90184904
it's a meme show taylor made for reddit
>>
>>90184904
I feel it kinda lost its charm after Season One. That and I honestly liked when they go out on adventures without involving them crying or whatever.
>>
>>90185359

..The ongoing agenda to change the perception of homosexuality as something perverse and harmful to a normal variation of human sexuality, I guess.

I don't really understand what anon's issue with that would be, unless he is a bigot.
>>
>>90185379

"tailor-made".
>>
Hate's a strong word, I just don't watch the show and piece together an understanding from everyone else I know who discusses it. Mostly the artstyle is just unappealing. From what I gather there are two key points of appeal to the writing that are the same key points of my disinterest.

The first is that the show's premise and many episode setups put the characters in great peril, but the writers are too in love with their own characters to show them suffering adversity. The setup is there and the payoff is there but it comes too quickly without the build-up. The writers have more enthusiasm for simple slice-of-life stories.

The second is that the phrase 'slice-of-life' is a more forgiving term for the actual feel of the characterisation. Picture another popular series like Supernatural or Invader Zim, then picture Tumblr accounts set up as Ask [Character] Blogs or shipping blogs, blogs post isolated comics and questions portraying romanticised or flanderised versions of the characters. The characters have little meat to them, they're rendered alternately as gremlins and sweethearts and simulacrums, with the corners removed and with added superficial flaws substituting for any real unlikable aspects that the original shows' characters had. Conflicts are resolved through absurd handwaves and the fantasy of the blog's author, who if pressed with critical feedback may resort to a robotic list of Likes and Don't Like, thinking this counts as characterisation. Sometimes if the author has the stones they'll move onto their own original universe, making a photocopy of the series they like rather than taking inspiration from what inspired those series - and then we end up with something like Cucumber Quest or Steven Universe. The former feels like a videogame parody webcomic without any teeth, because the writer is too in love with their own videogame world to properly mock it. The latter feels like an animated Ask [x] blog.

That's what Steven Universe feels like to me.
>>
>>90185337
>kind of hetero
I sorry do tomboys grow dicks or something
>>
>>90185379
>taylor made
who's taylor?
>>
>>90185469
No, it was made for people like Taylor. My faggoty little brother.
>>
>>90185447
I liked Garnet more when she wasn't revealed to be two midgets, and I liked Pearl more when she wasn't a raving fanatic who had issues with Rose and fusion. A lot of the character development throughout the show doesn't really make any of the characters more interesting, just more annoying.
>>
>>90184923
Seconding this the cluster arc was one of the biggest let downs ever.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (35KB, 739x415px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
35KB, 739x415px
>>90184952
>using anime as a strawman argument

Lame and forced, just like the show you defend
>>
>>90185078
>People just tend to hate things that are popular

Read, /co/.
>>
>>90185843
>le smug anime character.jpg
Let it die
>>
File: 267825628562.png (604KB, 756x845px) Image search: [Google]
267825628562.png
604KB, 756x845px
>>90184904
Main character acts like an idiot toddler despite being old enough to be in high school. I mean fuck he's as old as both Marco and Star and Katara. The kid has to have mental retardation.

Also the whole fusion thing is downright creepy. It's an obvious as fuck metaphor for sex and it's just weird to have a central part of the show be that involved in sex in a fucking a kids show.
>>
>>90185201
Well, for Rubes and the Saphmaster, fusion is quite literally romantic. If it's not strictly for business purposes, it's basically Pearl asking if she can get in on a three way because she has low self esteem.
>>
>>90185477
what a beautiful specimen of man
>>
>>90186070
>>
>>90184904
The main character is not as interesting as his guerilla soldier sidekicks. And the townies are even less interesting.
>>
>>90184904
the writer has a worse grasp of physics than the writers at DC
>>
>>90186230
Steven honestly seems like the last person I would make a protagonist. And yes I can't fucking stand the town people and they keep throwing them in there
>>
>>90185455

It bothers me that this show thinks it teaches children about life and society.
>>
>>90185483

Honestly SU is pretty much a webcomic about roommates.
>>
>>90185364
They had a reason: she was voiced by a guest star, and they probably can't afford to keep Uzo Aduba on as a regular.
>>
>>90186266
Steven's problem has been outlined by other anons: he is immature and the CGs implicitly support it by sheltering him too much. Make him work like a normal kid, some menial job with responsobilities he can not share with superpowered aliens that guard him and you will see him start acting his age.
>>
I have only felt regression since season 2 from characters
>>
>>90186361
Good place to start would be having the idiot go to school. Oh but "he doesn't need school!" for some fucking reason. Even if we accept the weird idea that he doesn't need the education because he's some weird hybrid human/gem, he clearly needs the social interaction with people his own age so he can drop his fucking autism.
>>
>>90184904
I don't hate this show. I hate its silly fandom, with its silly demands and silly headcanon and silly doxxing and silly strawman arguments
>>
File: 1477324926053.jpg (61KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1477324926053.jpg
61KB, 413x395px
>>90186394
Remember when they harassed an artist to the point of attempted suicide because of how they drew one of the characters? And people say this show doesn't pander to those with mental disorders
>>
>>90186379
School would not work. Schoolwork would be foreign to hiđ and he would probably make planes out of his textbook pages. What he needs is a task that is monotonous tjat makes him think about his life and go to bed exhausted but alive.
>>
>>90186414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svSsbbAnuTA

this compilation really sells it
>>
File: 1487785976717.png (93KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
1487785976717.png
93KB, 500x420px
>>90186417
>he would probably make planes out of his textbook pages

This is a good point, he might be too far gone into his autism that he can't even perform the role of student.

They could of course just thrown him into the special needs classes. Actually that sounds perfect for Steven.
>>
>>90186450
>They could of course just thrown him into the special needs classes. Actually that sounds perfect for Steven.

New headcanon for all cartoons ever where the protagonist is a special needs child and the supporting cast are teachers and social workers.
>>
>>90186450
Pretty sure a lot of tumblr considers autistic!Steven as headcanon
>>
>>90186432
Stop shilling that faggot.
>>
>>90186477
>town is the school
>his home is the special needs room
>the gems are just the tard wranglers
>evil gems are the other normal teachers who can't put up with his bullshit
>connie is one of the normal students who volunteers to help the special ed kids

How far can this go?
>>
>>90184904
I think it's poorly written, the characters are unengaging at best, the art is horrible and flat in my opinion, the world of the show is boring and I don't like how it's trying to indoctrinate kids into this weird gender cult Sugar seems to have bought into. I also thing the fusion dances are weirdly sexual and inappropriate for a kid's show.
>>
>>90184904
The character art and design just rub me the wromg way.

Also, the idea that the show is super progressive generally confuses/irritates me. Speaking as someone who is on the Left side of things, it bothers me that people look at the show as some kind of goldmine for LGBT representation when all the /u/ stuff in canon is one-sided, abusive, or composed of two characters who are obsessed with one another to the point that they want to be with each other all the time forever.

Like, it's great that a show is willing to portray abuse and all that. It's a bad thing that exists in reality that kids should learn to avoid when they get older. And not everyone you like will like you back, which is also a nice thing to teach people, even if most aren't going to end up like Pearl.

But the Ruby and Sapphire thing just baffles me as an outsider looking in. Yes, people love their partners and enjoy spending time with them. But spending every waking moment in the presence, or as part of I suppose, of your signficant other causes the allegory to have some real issues. It sorts of turns into some sort of unhealthy dependency thing at that point.
>>
>>90186530
>his home is the special needs room
that would explain why his dad doesn't live with him
>>
>>90186450
>Special needs class
Dont you think that is a bit tii advanced for Steven? The coma ward might be more his sped.
>>
File: 1486555573545.png (379KB, 580x525px) Image search: [Google]
1486555573545.png
379KB, 580x525px
>Lapis steals the entire world's ocean
>the entire planet's ocean
>like there's more water on earth than there is landmass. think about this for a second
>somehow manages to do this without humanity noticing. apart from a 'HOW WILL I GET BUSINESS' joke

Okay. "It's just a cartoon"

And? What this shows is that the writers don't care about internal logic or consistency. "Its just a cartoon" yet it also wants to be taken seriously, with dramatic episodes dealing with war and loss.
>>
>>90184904
The episodes are too short, the breaks between releases too long, and they have too many boring episodes about inconsequential things like Peridot and Lapis running a fucking car wash.
>>
File: 1479919647366.jpg (51KB, 625x465px) Image search: [Google]
1479919647366.jpg
51KB, 625x465px
>>90186530
>lion is the service dog

this is fun
>>
why do all of the gems use she/her pronouns?
>>
>>90186614
Because we wanna fug dem.
>>
>>90186341
>Having all these famous and pricy celebs/singers voice characters
So dumb
>>
>>90186626
Is there an in-show explanation?
>>
File: 1477084228821.jpg (14KB, 224x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477084228821.jpg
14KB, 224x240px
>>90186530
>>90186582
>fusion is literally the sex ed teachers fucking when normal teachers aren't around
>connie learns about fusion (sex) from the gems (sex ed teachers) and does it with steven
>the gems (sex ed teachers) encourage it
>>
>>90186647
The show is lazy as shit with world building so no. I mean shit the city on the beach the steven lives in is called Beach City and the homeworld of the gems is called Gem Homeworld

You can't expect much from this show
>>
File: Finn Flabberghasted.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Finn Flabberghasted.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>90186648
>>
>>90186677
thank you for the reply
nice dubs
>>
Because Connie is in it
>>
>>90186648
>amethyst sexually abused steven
>>
>>90186551
>But the Ruby and Sapphire thing just baffles me as an outsider looking in. ... But spending every waking moment in the presence, or as part of I suppose, of your signficant other causes the allegory to have some real issues.

I believe the term is co-dependency, and yes it is unhealthy when one person literally cannot bear to be without another for long periods of time. But hey, they're gay so we can't criticize them, because that's homophobia.
>>
>>90184952
That rebuttal doesn't hold up when this show literally models itself after the Dragonball series.
>>
>>90184904
The show tries to be a slice-of-life and an action cartoon at once, but usually lacks the tension to be either.
>>
It shouldn't have took Steven three fucking seasons to just now be able to use his powers. Connie also just feels like shoe-in and most of the time she comes off as annoying or whiny that "woe is me, my life is so hard"
>>
For a show that claims to progressive they sure do know how do like to avidly avoid Gay characters but love to squeeze every bit of Lesbian sexual imagery anytime they're given the chance. I don't care that some background character was confirmed to be gay.
>>
>>90186810
Because gay men are icky and gross, but lesbians are romantic and tragic and beautiful.
>>
>>90185455

Maybe he's concerned that in this time of declining birth rates children are being taught that non-reproductive relationships are somehow more magical and loving than the kind that has a child raised by their mother and father. I hope children don't feel obligated to re-evaluate their sexuality to meet perceived diversity quotas.
>>
>>90186758
Best part is how his powers always come out of nowhere and the gems have no idea how to help him
>>
>>90186810
>I don't care that some background character was confirmed to be gay.

The biggest cop-out. "We really want attention but we stopped being relevant a while ago, so let's announce this now for progressive points and try to get back into the headlines"
>>
>>90186846
Considering we push children into life altering surgeries to "fix" them to the "correct" body for their gender, yeah we need some push back in progressivism
>>
>>90186379

It's a show about a team of aliens removing a child from society and coddling him, is what bothers me.
>>
>>90184904
The pacing is pretty damn shitty, especially when you'll have a massively important arc followed up by episodes of Townie BS.

The Townie BS isn't bad on it's own, but the "bomb" format CN is pushing means that whenever the show airs 1ep per week, it's usually Townie SoL stuff and prolonged periods of nothing in the show feel even more stretched out.

Multiple arcs ending with huge anticlimaxes (The Cluster, Jasper)

The only characters with any meaningful character development are Pearl and Greg. Except for Peridot, but she's actually gotten worse over time so that's not helping.

Emotional moments are hampered when every character cries EVERY TIME something happens. It pulls you out of the show after you've seen it in practically 2/3 of the episodes.

Inconsistent art I guess? This isn't really a complaint of my own but a lot of my friends get annoyed at the art's inconsistency on an episode by episode basis.
>>
>>90186872
My problem is the atmosphere, I perceived, that the gems are somehow better than humans. When their society still has fucking slavery, oh but their much better teachers for Steven than any of the humans. Motherfucker, one is a heavy masochist, one is an unstable relationship embodied, and another is a midget.
>>
>>90186872
The fact that he doesn't go to the school is such a fucking plot hole. The guy should be in high school yet had the mental capacity of a toddler.
>>
>>90186551
I don't get the vibe that many children view those relationships as abusive. I'm not really interested in showing nuanced abusive relationships to children.
>>
It is boring.
>>
File: Hair run by gamugumigaicoku.gif (335KB, 1000x778px) Image search: [Google]
Hair run by gamugumigaicoku.gif
335KB, 1000x778px
>>90186810
uh, what characters could they even make Gay?
Lars? Who gives a shit about him?
Can't make Greg gay since he fucked Rose hard.

That only really leaves Steven.
Huh, maybe they should make Steven gay.
Not like I give a shit about Connie.
>>
>>90186864
Oh wow, Mr. Smiley was confirmed gay by one of the writers twitter. That's so inclusive!1!! Remember the time How to Train your Dragon put a gay character because literally the voice actor ad-libbed one line and they writers didn't give enough of a fuck to do anything with it so they kept it in.
>>
>>90186924
Steven is already a massive faggot so it would only be appropriate.
>>
>>90186551
You've go a point about Ruby and Sapphire. The fact that they have mental breakdowns when they are away from each other is actually really fucking bad.

>>90186924
Lack of good male characters is the problem. Kinda hard to develop a relationship between two male characters when the characters themselves are undeveloped as fuck.
>>
>>90185483
>I just don't watch the show

You seem like a smart gal... so you probably just should have stopped there.

>>90185484

The males in this show don't have dicks ieither, for all intents and purposes, because we never see them - so all we have to go on is behaviour. Hence terms like 'coded male'.

>>90185492

Oh, sorry.
>>
>>90185309
I call that the marito baracus effect
>>
>>90186924
>What characters can we even make gay?
The writers are always adding new characters into the show. This shouldn't be a problem,.
>>
>>90184904
i don't really hate it but i honestly stopped caring about it after the letdown that was the cluster arc
>>
>>90187015
Only gems though. Unless they break the mold by adding a male gem who falls in love with Greg.

I fucking love this idea already.
>>
>>90186975

Oh shit this blows the whole show wide open.

Steven Universe has no male role models. It's a show about cute it is being an arrested development dork, and the importance of having a team of mommies who just love taking care of you so much.
>>
>>90186949
>Remember the time How to Train your Dragon put a gay character because literally the voice actor ad-libbed one line
The line didn't even imply he was gay at all. It was all just "Dumbledore was gay" tier clickbait.
>>
>>90186978
>You seem like a smart gal... so you probably just should have stopped there.

A good number of my friends watch the show and then complain about it afterwards, so I absorb a lot of the 'important' information through osmosis.
>>
>>90186275

Doesn't it, however?

>>90186846

You can't turn people gay, anon.
>>
>>90186922
hey, we are talking about that in the joker thread now, there was a literally episode about joker and harley relationship and i saw it as a kid, trust me, the SU crew is really soft
>>
>>90187037
>It's a show about cute it is being an arrested development dork, and the importance of having a team of mommies who just love taking care of you so much.

See, the way you phrase it, this could be a great ecchi show. Instead it's played like a bad episode of Sesame Street.
>>
>>90187053

>you can't turn people Gay
When has this ever been true? I'll suck your dick right now to show you how gay a straight man can become.
>>
>>90187076

That's the show's secret. It's a harem anime about becoming capable of satisfying a team of older women, that's pretending to be an innocent kids show about friendship.
>>
>>90187037
EH I would argue Greg is one.
He's always available for Steven, not an idiot, owns a business, and has better moments with steven than the gems.

The fact that he's not a moron puts him far and beyond 90% of cartoon dads already.
>>
I don't hate it but I'll tell you why some people do.

<It's cringy at times with steven crying in every episode over nothing.
<The lesbian theming is at times forced.
<Not a single human character other than Steven, Connie, or Greg, is interesting or fun to watch at all. When there's an episode that takes place in beach city, it's going to be a bad episode. And guess what, we're about to get an episode called "Rocknaldo" so that's going to suck.
>>
File: Garnet_Pose_ver1.png (107KB, 723x1286px) Image search: [Google]
Garnet_Pose_ver1.png
107KB, 723x1286px
>>90185508
>>90186551
This Holy shit, this. They ruined a perfectly good character and design with Garnet just to push the lesbian angle to annoying degrees. And despite all the fluffy talk of how fusion is supposed to create a brand new being, they haven't done a damn thing to further her character.

Peridot and Lapis are just cringe comic relief now. Steven doesn't feel like he's becoming any more competent, or much of anything really. Pearl's still a fucking mess waiting for an excuse to cling to. Fucking Amethyst had her arc resolved in a damn sideplot, and who knows if it's going to actually stick.

Flawed characters are one thing, but when a character is nothing but flaws with no real redeeming qualities anymore, it's just tedious.

>>90187037
Well, considering the whole concept was built off Rebecca Sugar's borderline incest feelings for her brother, this shouldn't be surprising. But it is.
>>
>>90187036
That's sounds nice but the writers are so persisant that all the gems have to "feminine" looking as an excuse to not write any males to show because if you want to see more males in the show they're quoted to say "just watch Justice League" which is such a retarded argument. Those two show's are nothing alike, we just want to see more males in the show.
>>
>>90187112
To be fair he's completely removed himself from having an impact on raising his child, to the extent that he doesn't give a fuck that his kid isn't getting an education.

Also he owns a car wash that was always down to be a rundown piece of shit (he has no employees) and they dues ex machina'd into a millionaire because "oh some random song I wrote long ago was used in a commercial and now we're rich!"
>>
>>90187077

Okay, you LITERALLY presumed my gender AND my sexual preference.

I am a cis male, but while I am technically hetero, I woukd not be freaked out by a guy sucking my dick.

...Actually, I would be freaked out. A little. Especially if he wasn't physically attractive. Or had poor oral hygiene. Ew! Ew!
Get away from me, faggot!

...Anyway, I am a bad example.

I mean it would be like suggesting you could be turned straight by a sufficiently alluring female.
>>
>>90187112
I would even dare to say he is most wise and best character of the show, as a human being, no wonder rose wanted that guy
>>
>>90187043
It was confirmed that the viking guy was gay after the film premiered and everyone ate it up as it being progressive.
>>
>>90187176
wait who the fuck is gay? I completely missed that

which viking?
>>
>>90187142
When you are a father of a human alien baby who may or not have powers, and surrounded by your dead wife alien gay friends who know how to control powers, it s kinda hard that choice........................on the other hand, if you knew how actually they were ._.
>>
>>90184904
The art design is just so fucking ugly
>>
>>90187111

Too bad the art is dogshit. If it looked more like that April Fools fanart someone drew then I'd give it a chance.
>>
>>90187219
they routinely break the most basic of animation practices

add on to that the disgusting human design and yeah it's bad. Like the one kid who just has disgusting plug expanded ears
>>
File: gay guy.jpg (121KB, 634x624px) Image search: [Google]
gay guy.jpg
121KB, 634x624px
>>90187208
This guy, he just said some subtle line that alluded to him being gay and it was confirmed later afterwards.
>>
>>90187208
Gobber
>>
>>90187142
While I agree with what the other guy responded to you with, I also think Greg really should have taken up living with his son rather than in the van.
I get that the gems were uncomfortable around him and vice-versa, but c'mon Greg, this is your kid.
Even if you couldn't help him adjust to his powers, you should've stuck with him anyway.
>>
File: bojack.jpg (93KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
bojack.jpg
93KB, 1200x673px
>>90187131
>but when a character is nothing but flaws with no real redeeming qualities anymore, it's just tedious.

But I like Bojack Horseman.
>>
>>90187253
>>90187261
LOL no FUCKING way! He's gay?

Why people give a shit about things that don't impact the plot or the characters is beyond me. Why the fuck does it matter if he's gay? I'll never understand why people give such a shit about sexual orientation. It feels like a lazy excuse at attempting character development.
>>
>>90186741
This. They're a fucking mess

Have we had one stable relationship in this show?
>>
>>90187268
Completely agree. You'd think a father would have trouble never being with his kid. But nope, he's cool with it.
>>
>>90187332
Greg and Rose? Although it got destabilized by Greg's murdercock.
>>
>>90187308
To be fair that IS the point of his character
>>
>>90187332
Rose and greg, but that was until rose died. So no, there is not.......
>>
>>90186628
But if they don't have Nicki Minaj and stars of Orange if the New Black, how else can the show appeal to the older, hipper crowd?

RI fucking P to Sugilite though. I really doubt they they'll ever get Nicki back.
>>
>>90187371
Rose Quartz is both Gendo and Yui from NGE
>>
>>90187382
Fair point. We're supposed to like the CGs, and see BJ as a dick. Ironically enough, I see the CGs as massive dicks and love BoJack. Then again, I am very similar to Bojack in ways that are too close for comfort.
>>
>>90184904
Badly paced, horrific air time and Zuke. Zuke is the worst fucking writer currently alive right now.
>>
>>90187417
GET IN THE FUCKIN ROBOT I MEAN FUSION STEVEN!
>>
>>90187314
I agree that there was no reason to add that he was gay all of a sudden, it made no sense and it didn't contribute to the plot in any way. The reason to add Gay/Black/whatever/ characters in stories isn't just for pandering but it makes the story more fresh. Plus it's nice to have a character that you can relate to even if it's your sexuality, color of skin or relgion or what ever the fuck else. I just don't want to see every movie to have a straight white male because it's gotten fucking boring as shit. I don't want a gay, quadriplegic muslim woman as main character for the sake of "MUH DIVERSITY" but rather because it can be nice pace of change.
>>
>>90187147

I was trying to say that I, as a straight man who has no particular interest in cock, can willfully take on homosexual behaviors and lifestyles for non-sexual reasons. I can suck your dick just to be a smartass, and kids (especially prepubescent kids) can grow up believing it's a magical loving social act to take on a sexuality alternative to their own.

Besides, sexuality isn't a lifelong fact, it's a pattern discerned by a series of choices and interests.

It's funny that I say that I'm saying is suck your dick to prove the importance of portraying reproductive relationships to children.
>>
>>90187493

...Dude. You're gay.

>I suck dick ironically

You are so gay.

>What sexually arouses you is 'a series of choices and interests'

SO GAY
>>
>>90187222

Agreed
>>
>>90187134
That's another thing that pisses me off. The waffling. They'll pound all these progressive messages into the ground, and deride the idea of adding male Gems, but then they won't have the balls to just admit the Gems are an all-female society. You can't have it both ways. It's like that one episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. No matter how you try to portray them as a gender neutral society, they're just a bunch of homely women in practice.
>>
>>90187338

Why? It's not like hes not literally always within walking distance if he ever wanted to see him.
>>
File: SU-Beach_City_Map.jpg (796KB, 2719x2094px) Image search: [Google]
SU-Beach_City_Map.jpg
796KB, 2719x2094px
>>90187593
you forgot to post the map
>>
>>90187657
the map is just nonsense after the new cristal gems
>>
>>90187579
Exactly, it's not progressive at all, it's just pandering to Tumblr and SJW's. They really couldn't make the whole cast half male or female like Overwatch. The only reason this show is even is still running is because of 20-30 old women that are watching it. Kids don't even watch the show, they prefer Teen Titan's Go.
>>
>>90184904
Eleven minutes is insufficient time to effectively present nuanced, "grownup" themes in a way 8-13 year-olds can understand when you have characters to develop and a plot to advance. This coupled with the monthlong hiatuses makes SU very difficult to stay engaged with.
>>
>>90187724
yeah, trust me, if i would only watched this show for the monsters and if they werent appearing anymore i would never be interested again>>90187724
>>
File: Buddy1.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy1.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
They promise us Looney Tunes with Buddy's Book (It was Buddy, the blandest of the Looney Tunes, but still, it's sales for the DVDs/Blu-Rays) and ended up giving us nothing related to the plot given to us by TV guide listings.
>>
>>90187657
>one narrow road leading into Beach City.
Traffic must be fucking hell.
>>
>>90184904
Bad Pacing
Bad Animation
Bad Character design
>>
>>90187795
>Looney Tunes with Buddy's Book
HAHAHAHAHA REALLY?
>>
>160 R
>67 P

kek
>>
>>90185321
>When Finn cried, I cried
I agree, that shit actually hurt really bad. I'm not even that big into AT and I still felt it.
>>
I don't. I don't think /co/ as a whole hates it either judging from how many threads I see every time I come here.
>>
>>90184904

No jokes
Rides exclusively on muh progressivism instead of any merit
Absolutely atrocious voice acting and art style
>>
>>90187338
It is implied early on that the dad would be in danger living in their house which casually gets invaded by monsters. Plus he is less than a mile away, the car wash is about the same distance to his house as the big doughnut.
>>90187697
it was a second hand story told to Steven.
>>
>>90187882
The crew promise us Looney Tunes and we GAC'ers got nothing related to what TV Guide listings said the plot was going to be.

>In a Library, Steven & Connie find a book about a hit cartoon character from the 1930s.
>Hence the name Buddy's Book.
>>
>>90185455
>a normal variation of human sexuality, I guess.
Listen, you can be the gayest person in this planet and I will be cool with that, but don't go around saying it's normal.
>>
>>90187131
>Rebecca Sugar's borderline incest feelings for her brother, this shouldn't be surprising
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH WHAT THE FUCK, WHY THIS MAKES ME LAUGH SO HARD?
>>
>>90187535

Just because I can speculate on the possible non-sexual utilities of sucking a dick doesn't mean I existentially belong at the end of a penis, anon.
>>
>>90187657
The town looks comfy as hell to live in, but, there's one problem...

Where the FUCK is the gas station?! How can anyone own a car in this town if they can't fill them up in the first place?
>>
>>90188114
you are starting to sound like an old friend mine wich happens to be bi, but we know you are your own fusion, i mean person
>>
>>90188130
Gas is evil anon.
>>
>>90188060
It makes me laugh because I can see it happening.
>>
>>90188169
You still need to fill hybrids with gas though, even if they're plug-in hybrids.

... Unless if you said that as a joke, then my bad.
>>
File: 1486763809941.png (30KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486763809941.png
30KB, 800x600px
>>90185368
Funny how this sincere and accurate criticism goes ignored.
>>
File: 1487956473900.jpg (73KB, 323x345px) Image search: [Google]
1487956473900.jpg
73KB, 323x345px
>>90188133
>>
>>90187308
To be fair, that's the key part of the show. Bojack is such a colossal fuck up he ends up dragging everyone around him.
You can blame a lot of it on his shitty parents, but he's the one who's at fault in the end.
It works when the writer uses it to make a point, it doesn't when the character in question is supposed to be part of the protagonist's moral compass.
>>
File: 57384251.jpg (93KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
57384251.jpg
93KB, 500x375px
>>90188060
>She references anime in the show
>Anime on these days is pure incest
>>
File: 1468990171240.gif (455KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468990171240.gif
455KB, 215x300px
>>90188332
>Anime on these days is pure incest
What shows
>>
>>90188386
shhhhh, go back to the rincon Charly(?
>>
>>90188210
God, I hate Steven Universe rule 34. It's 99% lesbian shit and any straight porn has to involve fat ugly Steven.
>>
>>90186341
>>90186341
Also the fact that if nobody agreed with her, she outright attack them...also Lapis and Peridot would probably be targets.
>>
File: image.png (92KB, 400x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
92KB, 400x486px
>>90185052
>No villains

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>90188500
I think Bismuth would have listened after she fought Steven. She saw him give her mercy and outright stated how he wasn't like his mom. She seemed happy with him.

She didn't really change her mind, but she could have still helped my making more weapons.
>>
>>90188452
>Steven will never grow into a rugged hunk and show everyone the power of Patriarchy
>He's doomed to be a neoteous fatty for life to satiate Sugar's rampart closet pedophilia
>>
File: 1464552781156.png (5KB, 243x190px) Image search: [Google]
1464552781156.png
5KB, 243x190px
>>90184904
>"Tell me why you hate this show without using any of the actual points to hate the show for"
>>
>be named Rebecca Sugar
>make saccharine shows lacking in real content

Huh
>>
>>90188655
Greg literally killed the matriarch figure with his dick.
>>
>>90188505
Every single person that shows even a remotely sign of sadness or similar emotions in this show is getting reedemed. Fucking Kevin is the most likely candidate to an actual vilain right now.
>>
>>90184904

Steven is pussy, his dad is a fuckin' loser, and the gems caused all of the trouble they're trying to fix while playing off humans being worthless. The writing is poor, the characters are just vehicles for simplistic messages and morals and connie is best pajeet pedobait.
>>
>>90188854
And he's the most sane character in the show, go figure.
>>
>>90188940
Why aren't you crying? What are you, some sort of villain?
>>
File: 16055poster.jpg (55KB, 900x677px) Image search: [Google]
16055poster.jpg
55KB, 900x677px
Feelings.

This is the shows biggest problem. Every episode someone has to cry or have a conniption fit. Steven himself is literally based around powers that let him cry even more (and it's even a relevant plot point with Blue Diamond).

I understand the importance of a show that isn't just men killing eachother in gritty battles, but this is the opposite extreme where the very thought of a conflict causes everyone to retreat to their safe spaces and suck their thumbs, and everyone has to be friendly and happy and lobotomized so that no conflict ever happens again. And thats boring for a story.

It's also the cause of ruining many of the characters. Pearl was revealed to be a thirsty lesbo who hates Greg for "killing" Rose, and actively tried to kill Steven on many occasions. Garnet was revealed to be 2 smaller lesbians in a trench coat, who only exist to have sex, and being away from eachother causes them anxiety. It's a brutal and unpleasant case of codependency. Amethyst is "HURR DURR I'M DEFECTIVE" and she constantly tries to hide behind a facade of being a fat slob, and anytime you think there might be character development, she goes right back to it. She's no more confident or accepting of herself then when the show started. Lapis is an emo baby who kept trying to pull off gambits that didn't work, and now she seems straight up autistic, like someone out of a hot topic magazine.

Peridot has no flaws. :^)
>>
>>90189316

Dat spoiler, how can one anon be so right.
>>
File: IMG_7214.png (65KB, 605x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7214.png
65KB, 605x473px
>>90189316
Memedot is my guilty pleasure, I even like her more than Intimidating Peridot.
>>
>>90189316
>The autistic character who is unable to express feelings properly is coincidentally the best one

o i am laffin
>>
File: tumblr_o6gcfhRQ9T1teyz8oo1_1280.png (1MB, 880x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6gcfhRQ9T1teyz8oo1_1280.png
1MB, 880x1000px
>>90184904
It was mostly the scheduling. Like, I don't hate the show, but because of the bomb format, I would end up completely forgetting about it. And now I just can't get back into it, ever since the Steven Bomb that happened around early 2016. I should really give it another shot, because it's not really as bad as everybody says it is. But, to each their own.
Pic semi related, I bought the Garnet keychain in pic when I was still into the show.
>>
The characters are horrible, the story is bullshit, the setting shit and so on. And on top of all of that the show is filled with blatant progressive propaganda. There's no subtlety whatsoever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlqEvkhl0So
>>
>>90186872
I agree with you 100%. This show is like a wish fulfillment for someone who hates school and their parents but has no comprehension of why those things are important to social and personal growth.
>>
>>90186568
One of these days I may just get on Twitter and start listing off illogical, hypocritical shit like this at the cast. Lapis did a horrible thing for her own selfish purposes and now she's being rewarded and treated like nothing happened.
>>
>>90184904
Only reason is because the show is taking a LONG ass time to actually go anywhere. For fucks sake, just get on with it and tell us who Pink Diamond is.

Does anyone even care about episodes that are focused on random side characters or episodes where the characters aren't really doing shit?
>>
File: steven universe.png (414KB, 1226x475px) Image search: [Google]
steven universe.png
414KB, 1226x475px
>>90185368
Yeah fuck it. I'm capping this so the next time we have threads about SU and someone asks what's wrong with the fucking show this won't just get ignored again.
>>
>>90184904
I don't "hate" it, but let's see why I don't really like it and would have dropped it if I wasn't an autistic completionist.

-Character desing: I don't like it, if kind of feels to me that they actually put an effort into making bad looking characters. Some friend of mine like it though, so of course my point it's not objective. But hey, now that I think about it I like Lapis' design.
The show still has some nice looking background here and there, but overall I don't like the aesthetic of this show.

-Plot: I recognize it's probably original and all, and that would be great... too bad for some reason I can't seem to have any interest in it.
Maybe it's the way important situations are managed, but for fucks sake that would imply I know what I want to see but instead I just watch as stuff progresses and I'm all "uhm. 'mkay. This happens. Right.". No strong emotion, ever. Again, I think the plot is the main reason peope watch this show, so this might not apply to everyone.

-Characters: I can't relate to them. I really can't for som reason. Even in drammatic or sad situations I can't feel empathy for the characters, even if the scene makes if obvious
that I should.

-Humor: This might be the most important point for me, and if I know how my head works (and be sure about it: I don't) this might surprisingly be the problem at the core.
I think that I never actually laughed watching this show, and I rarely grinned. "Yeah, but how can this be the central problem?"
The fact is, maybe laughting with someone is the way I can actually feel connected with them: it's in my opinion the best way to shatter the barriers between people.
And if I break the barrier and get closer to the person (character) I can also get hit by their emotions in a totally natural way, even when the scene doesn't seem to put much effort in it. I can care about the places they're going, their problems, the relationships with one another.

So, that's about it.
>>
>>90184904
It portrays a crime free orderly civilization as evil.
>>
File: Rock Humans.png (202KB, 966x1435px) Image search: [Google]
Rock Humans.png
202KB, 966x1435px
>>90190099
But Ronaldo is right, Rock People ARE evil.
>>
>>90188505
Yellow Diamond is not a villain she's an alien leader dont apply human morality to her.
>>
>>90190428
if we were on reddit, i'd give an upboat to this post
>>
>>90185321
>still doesn't get that the crying is a joke
someone cries literally every time, its often not suppose to be heart wrenching or moving, they even make fucking jokes about how the characters cry all the time for little reason
>>
File: 1469622253500.png (107KB, 428x881px) Image search: [Google]
1469622253500.png
107KB, 428x881px
>>90184904
i actually really like that show. i watch it with my girlfriend.
>>
>>90185364
they are still hiding, a hasty action by Bismuth can expose their presence
>>
On a scale of one to ten, how much does Rebecca Sugar want to get together with some lady friends her age, abduct a little boy, isolate him, and keep him helpless, immature and codependent on them?
>>
>>90190650

she is too busying getting blacked by Ian
>>
>>90185337
>Only Male Gay Couple split up years old

Who?
>>
>>90185484
None of the Gems have reproduction parts. So Dicks aren't a necessity
>>
>>90186096
>Fusion is a Metaphor for Sex

Wait so does that mean Steven and Connie are fucking everytime they form Stevonnie?

Rebecca Sugar is a Pedophile confirmed
>>
>>90184904
I like the show, but I do think it's got some poor pacing, and their refusal to use an art bible makes some episodes look kind of sloppy.
>>
File: 1486673406241.gif (621KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
1486673406241.gif
621KB, 440x247px
>>90184904
Dialog is terrible, nothing ever happens, the gems are assholes, it has the writers political and social views plastered all over it, its gay, its for lesbians, main character is retarded, other rational characters are depicted as evil male homophobes, characters are plain unlikeable cunts(except Andy, well just a little), voice acting is nothing out of the ordinary, the design for the characters is shit, too many obese characters, songs are annoying and everyone is stupi in the show. Only likeable and SANE CHARACTER IN THE WHOLE SHOW IS A RACIST WHITE MALE. It's a piece of shit
>>
The pacing is what bothers me. So much time was spent building up the threat that was the Cluster and Malachite, but both were handled with very little drama or tension. These should have lasted for several episodes or created an overarching plot thread for the character to level up before winning.
To their credit, they did handle the Jasper fallout from Malachite much better.
>>
>>90187053
Then how is all the tumblr user base bisexual when statistically it's impossible
>>
>>90187437
This is what happens when you hire a tumblrina
>>
>>90187657
>That "???" Building

Okay now I'm curious.
>>
>>90184904
The idea is alright but the execution is kind of awful because it progresses more as a kind of problem of the day series rather than something that's supposed to have a story behind it.

Legitimate progression is kind of rare and goes in a blink of an eye.
>>
>>90184904
>tell me why this show is bad, but dont use the words that often describe why its bad.

Hey vegan, why is this hamburger bad? and dont use buzzwords like eating meat or things that are applicable to the situation.

OP is a fucking moron in short.
>>
>>90190530
Fuck off Ronaldo, she's just as human as us.
>>
>>90190576
>Pearl being serious and sobbing over her lost lover and being conflicted about raising her son is a joke
HILARIOUS
>>
I don't hate it, but I am disappointed that the pacing went to hell after the end of season 2.
>>
i watched one of those youtube videos making fun of the show and couldn't stop laughing at the way he'd dubbed the voice-overs.

then i realized he hadn't actually dubbed anything, it was the actual shows voice-acting i was listening to, and completely lost it.
>>
It's too feminine for me.

Also, it seems to be pushing a strange narrative that I can't quite put my finger on.
>>
>>90185179
This
100% this
>>
>>90192185
it actually is a joke for that dumbshit fanbase

>pearl lost a loved one
>LOL SO THIRSTY
>OMG SO SALTY
>FUCKING GET OVER IT ALREADY
>>
>>90187014
Explicate ya mismo boludin
>>
The mystery elements seemed forced. The gems hide things from Steven and thus the audience that they really shouldn't, and Steven doesn't ask questions that a normal person would've.
>>
>>90184904
>having characters actually be affected by new events.
I don't know how you can watch the show and still say that. So many recent episodes are about Steven coping with past events.
>>
File: 1485934352778.jpg (158KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485934352778.jpg
158KB, 1080x1080px
>>90187015
>The writers are always adding new characters into the show. This shouldn't be a problem,.
Oh jesus please no more townies for the love of god
>>
Everything about it screams "We're pandering to the toddler/girl/manchild audience".

I can't fathom how anyone who doesn't fit into those groups would willingly watch that show.
>>
File: 1435652437920.png (33KB, 205x252px) Image search: [Google]
1435652437920.png
33KB, 205x252px
>>90191025
Someone whose never seen it detected.
>>
>>90184904
Not enough Garnet and Jasper. Also Peridot is annoying and Steven acts like a retard too often. Also the filler episodes are terrible. Also the writing for character arcs or stuff that gets built up/foreshadowed to be lazy and disappointing. Overall just a lot of wasted potential.
>>
>>90194478
Am manchild, like show, can confirm
>>
>>90184904
It's Twitter, PC, has too many episodes that serve no purpose to the main plot, etc.
>>
My biggest complaint is the animation is not very good. The characters hardly ever feel like they're actually moving. And when they do move, the movement is actually irrelevant or unexaggerated.

I think what I'm trying to say is that most of the time, Steven Universe feels more like an animated storyboard than a cartoon.
>>
>>90195558
I'm not entirely sure you know what the main plot is, cause it's the coming of age parts.

Seriously, the homeworld shit is a side story.
>>
>>90184904
I hate kikes and I hate dykes. This show exists in the intersection of the two.
>>
>>90190952
>Fusion is a Metaphor for Sex
No, it isn't. It's sex.
>Wait so does that mean Steven and Connie are fucking everytime they form Stevonnie?
By definition yes.

The literal definition of sex is
>sexual contact between individuals involving penetration,
And Steven and Connie definitely have their genitals inside eachother as Stevonnie.
>>
File: 1481448404568.png (305KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1481448404568.png
305KB, 720x576px
I actually like the show, but man, there are some issues

>As stated, episodes focusing on the townies becomes boring and frustrating when you know there are far more interesting aspects to focus on more, and even then those can be sidelined
>Several episodes that can easily be skipped due to how irrelevant they are
>Not as much focusing on adventures, and when things get really heated or intense, it will be a while before it ever comes back to that tone.
>Characters sometimes act OOC or become immensely unlikable. Steven getting upset over at Kevin in comparison to how much Lars is a shit head is an extreme example.
>Episodes that should focus on revealing more of the plot and story that's shrouded in mystery is completely wasted and feels even more like a waste of time (Most notably the Storm Room).
>Inconsistent scheduling

There are times where I love it, and times where I'm pulling my hair out over how frustrating it can be.
>>
Sometimes I wonder if the show would be a bit better, with some tweaking of course, if they just switched the Homework and Crystal Gems around.
>>
>>90184904
Fucking over what could've been their most interesting character.
>>
>>90196101
momswap is such a great idea with so much potential. there's no doubt in my mind that the steven and the home world gems would have much funnier/genuine interactions were they his caretakers.
>>
File: tumblr_o89s10z1481tk8ivso2_1280.png (102KB, 700x893px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o89s10z1481tk8ivso2_1280.png
102KB, 700x893px
>>90188500

Just imagine the hilarious epsiodes we could have gotten with Bismuth, Lapis, & Peridot.

We got a roadrunner episode with Peri, with the three of them we could have gotten a 3 Stooges episode.
>>
File: 1434687773905.jpg (315KB, 1280x612px) Image search: [Google]
1434687773905.jpg
315KB, 1280x612px
>>90188655
I don't want bad end, but damn if soft athletic super villain with girly color scheme not a cool design.
>>
>>90184923
>having characters actually be affected by new events
This is objectively false.
>>
>>90185000
Trips confirm
>>
It's Wasted Potential: The Show.

If Gennedy had directed the series like he did the pilot, would have been an A++ series.
>>
>>90196212
And not to toss the Crystals aside, with them in an SS-Sturmbrigade RONA scenario. Except actually trying to please their superiors I guess.
>>
>>90195789
That's the problem. As a fan, I only watch it for the Homeworld shit.
>>
File: 1469770105256.png (151KB, 746x523px) Image search: [Google]
1469770105256.png
151KB, 746x523px
>>90184904
Gay
>>
>>90190769

Frowny and Smiley.
>>
>>90188505

That she is not evil by her own lights.
>>
>>90188017

It occurs naturally. 5-7% of the population is gay, standard. So... normal. It's a thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>90196150
She still has a lot of potential.
She has shown little to no care about human life, and her mental health might not be in a good state right now.
plus you got the fact that she isn't a trustworthy person
>>
>>90196096

I agree with you on mostly every point. I enjoyed some townie episodes in the beginning but now they're getting to be a drag, like for example the Steven switching minds with Lars thing. That literally came out of left field.

I think Steven just dislikes Kevin more because Sadie like Lars, but nobody in his friend group likes Kevin?

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but I actually liked Storm Room, because Steven somewhat comes to terms to all the messed up shit that happens around him.

>is kind of his mom
>finds out his mom is a murderer
>finds out his mom is a hypocrite
>finds out that he has to deal with all her problems
>finds out about the gems past
>encounters the rest of the Rose Quartzs that his mom pretty much left to get bubbled because of her actions
>finds out that the Diamonds will come to Earth again once they realize their cluster hasn't exploded the Earth yet

It was a character development episode that mattered.

inb4 "muh character develpoment"
>>
File: Untitled.png (648KB, 930x962px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
648KB, 930x962px
>>90190099
>Steven walking with his hands up like an autist
Jesus fucking Christ. Can this fat little turd get any gayer?
>>
File: image.gif (581KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
581KB, 320x320px
>>90198708
It's a Zuke episode, that fatass just can't keep control of her degeneracy. thankfully she is no longer working on the show I think
>>
>>90199039
How has this not been confirmed yet? Someone would have privately fucking asked them at an event or something by now.
>>
>>90184904
i love this show but hate that we can only have steven's perspective.
>>
>>90199039
He does it all the time, dumbass. I swear, anons are only attributing random shit to Zuke just to make fun of anti-zukefags these days.
>>
>>90198708
This is why hitting children and bullying is a good thing. So people don't end up like this.
>>
If this show is so bad why are there so many videos praising it and so few bashing it?
>>
>>90199525
The latter doesn't get views unless it's intentionally controversial and the former is people jumping on a bandwagon to try and get a popular YouTube channel with little effort. I'm sure those same people also have reaction videos for ONLY popular trailers, talk about how amazing Undertale, Zelda, and Overwatch are, and make "Fun Fact!" videos which is basically just a Wikipedia article in video format.
>>
>>90199627
Second, why is it that fans refuse to defend the show on more objective means?

They refuse to learn what the TV-PG rating means and other shows that carry that title. They refuse to acknowledge other shows that have accomplished similar feats to Steven Universe.
>>
>>90184904
Don't really hate it. Just dropped out of it as I've had other shows to catch up on and busier schedules. Fandom can go choke on a cactus, though, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>90199944
Because people live in hyperboles and don't understand that in a discussion, it's insufferable to use, "It's the best ____ ever!". They've also watched VERY little media outside of basic things like Harry Potter or Star Wars.
>>
>>90184904
Because it takes fucking forever for anything to happen, and despite Steven growing up he's still a total bitch.
>>
No villains
>>
>>90186628
Also incredibly masturbatory and a pretty shitty thing to do to voice actors. These sort of short-term roles would be great for somebody looking to break into the highly insular field, with the union looking to make it yet more insular.

But who do they give the role to? Somebody who the target audience and I dare say most of the audience wouldn't give two shits about. All to the detriment of the show even. It's strange and I'm not sure why they do it.

I mean they can hire who they want, doesn't make it not shitty.
>>
>>90203531
....And?
>>
>>90203531
If it was made for Cuckservatives and neckbeards would it be any better? It'd just be moe shit.
>>
The longer the show goes on the more I feel like someone on the writing team is mentally ill. Like no rational person would think like anyone in this universe.

Remember that time Andy was being treated like he was the asshole when he came home one day and saw that his family barn was being used as a refugee camp? And remember how the gems just could not comprehend why he was having such an issue with them?
>>
>>90190460
Nobody is reading all that shit.
>>
>>90186742
And it's pretty shite at it minus steven being completely useless like Gohan, except for that one time he wasn't.

SU is garbage anyway.
>>
One big problem is that the townie stuff and the Crystal Gems stuff isn't well integrated; they feel like two different shows.

The gems themselves do very little interacting with the townies unless Steven is involved as a mediator.

Additionally, when bad shit is happening/there are missions all human civilization vanishes for the purposes of the story. The environments never intersect with each other, so a lot of the "threats to Earth" stuff comes across as hollow since the Earthlings are so entirely uninvolved with it all.

The biggest problem is the pacing, though. I'd be fine with the townsfolk having a part in things if they weren't used entirely as downtime from the plot.
>>
File: 7tA0Ume.png (872KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
7tA0Ume.png
872KB, 1360x768px
>>90184904

tell you why its bad without using tumblr buzzwords

ok it plagiarizes anime shows. done
>>
File: 1456277585393.jpg (59KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456277585393.jpg
59KB, 919x720px
>>90204001
I wouldn't say mentally ill but theres something wrong with them, its not just "Making it simpler for the children", its downright delusional, if i had to guess i say theres some kind wish fulfiment going on in the background were situations happen like they want them to happen regardless of logic or character behaviours
>>
>>90184904
The show takes it self way too seriously at times, and Steven's "Everything can be solved with talks and not action" annoys me, other then that i stay for the fusion combos

Rate this fan comic /co/
>>
>>90208441
>>
File: 1455083714254.jpg (47KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
1455083714254.jpg
47KB, 600x582px
>>90208441
>>90208456

Makes me want to eat a bullet/10
>>
>>90184904
it is wordpress, neoprogressive, non-plot related content
>>
File: 1484946779687.jpg (505KB, 1280x1909px) Image search: [Google]
1484946779687.jpg
505KB, 1280x1909px
Writing's pretty bad, nothing important happens, characters are dumb as hell and unrelatable, plots are unsatisfying, fights are bland. Peridot used to be alright thogh
>>
Pearl
>>
>>90194903
Nigga Steven hasn't developed as a character at all. He is still an incompetent , empathetic, fatso who just gets new powers. Every single time he's faced death, he comes out unchanged. He is a Static character.
>>
File: 1394810385659.jpg (37KB, 610x592px) Image search: [Google]
1394810385659.jpg
37KB, 610x592px
>>90208441
>>90208456
On quality par with the comic where Thanos drops the cube, only without laughs
>>
File: Pearl.jpg (65KB, 297x601px) Image search: [Google]
Pearl.jpg
65KB, 297x601px
steven is an ugly jewy little character to look at

they changed pearl's design
>>
One of the biggest issues I have with Steven Universe is that for all the exemplification of humanity and insistance that Steven is this link between human and gem there is very little of Steven or the other Crystal Gems interacting or particularly caring about the 'Townies'. The narratives between the gem episodes and town episodes are so segregated they may as well be two different shows. The absolute lack of crossover or interest of one to the other doesn't send any message of how worthwhile humanity is to be saved in the first place.

Steven himself acts like an eight year old, nearly half the age he should be to avoid him asking obvious questions or taking action that someone who is 14 would feel inclined to make. He has no friend group of his own age that he spends time with aside Connie, which is strange given that fry kid is roughly his same age too. His close friend circle, bizarrely, figures in older teenagers to young adults working at the donut shop, the cool kids tangentially associated to them via Lars, and Onion who is markedly younger than Steven.
>>
>>90184904
Pointless filler in an otherwise story progressed show is a legitimate complaint you dense imbecile. Look at any shitty anime like Bleach or something and a lot of people will tell you a great deal of why it's shit has to do with the mountains of pointless filler. You know why people didn't like The Great Divide? It was pointless fucking filler that advanced nothing. Don't try and pass yourself off as a critically minded person if you're going to deflect actual fucking points of criticism with "No, that doesn't count." Honestly, genuinely fuck yourself.
>>
>>90208441
Because he certainly talked that Ruby down from trying to kill him.
>>
>>90190315
Do it faggot.
>>
>>90187047
Your mindset is bizarre. I adore SU precisely because it's created by people who don't give a fuck about Tumblr SJWism and instead genuinely want to create characters that they happen to find interesting for the sake of it. If it is to be seen as a knockoff version of other series, then clearly what it's deliberately taking after are Ikuhara magical girl shows like Sailor Moon and Utena, which many of the aspects people interpret as being tumblr-fandom-like are directly drawn from.

I feel like most critics of the show have a very shallow understanding of it, which is partially derived from the shallowness of its more vocal fans.
>>
>>90187237
>they routinely break the most basic of animation practices
Can you tell me which ones? I am trying to learn it.
>>
>>90192824
Sauce?
>>
>>90184904
It's....boring.

The way they defeated the cluster told me the show is just going to be "friendship beats all" bullshit and not make anything interesting. The show cant have a good episode and the only interesting things is stuff that concerns homeworld and the overarching story.
>>
>>90199525

Because nobody is insane enough to make a video about a gay cartoon they don't like
>>
It's a boring show that loves the smell of its own farts.

Also, I want to take a sharp knife and slice open Steven and Purple Cunt's fat fuck stomachs and rip out their entrails
>>
>>90210400
> then clearly what it's deliberately taking after are Ikuhara magical girl shows like Sailor Moon and Utena, which many of the aspects people interpret as being tumblr-fandom-like are directly drawn from.

Did you just fucking compare some flash animation tier nonsense to Utena and Penguindrum? Fuck off, you colossal faggot!
>>
>>90210400

Rebecca Sugar grew up on sailor moon and is appealing to the tumblr audience. To deny that both these can happen at the same time is wrong.
>>
File: 1000px-IHateTBullies.jpg (137KB, 969x636px) Image search: [Google]
1000px-IHateTBullies.jpg
137KB, 969x636px
>>90198708
I have an urge to smack him for walking like that
>>
>>90198708
This legit triggered me.
>>
File: cRR.jpg (167KB, 690x769px) Image search: [Google]
cRR.jpg
167KB, 690x769px
Here i think this guys explains it all.
Also isn't it obvious at this point or are you retarded?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
Here is bonus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5KckytsmPA
>>
>>90184904
Panders to dykes
>>
>>90207684
>NGE reference in this shitheap of a """show"""

Thanks I hate it even more now
>>
File: MissTeacherBangsaBoy07.jpg (61KB, 720x556px) Image search: [Google]
MissTeacherBangsaBoy07.jpg
61KB, 720x556px
>>90186738
>She also projected her lust on Greg too and mentally tormented him with his dead wife. Now she's going after the next "best" thing, Greg's son Steven.

Well that's certainly pic related but I wonder if Sugar was just stealing a joke.
>>
>>90213329
This guy doesn't do a good job at explaining whats wrong with it. He didn't pay much attention to the story, focused on a lot of arbitrary things instead of the real issues and didn't go into much detail on the show itself despite the video's length.
>>
>>90184904
No true villians other than yellow, who's just plain boring. Jasper is also bland but she'll probably be redeemed anyway.
steven refuses to kill, which only makes things worse.
And lastly, bad writting. The show wants to be serious sonetimes but never even comes close.
>>
>>90185052
This
>>
The very moment I laid eyes on the fat pig faced kid I knew this show would be shit.
>>
>>90185368
Big one right here
>>
I don't hate it but I am disappointed that they've moved away from the Monster of the Week format that the earlier episodes had.
>>
Really crappy design and animation and it's made for children.
>>
>>90184904
I don't hate the show I just hate the fanbase.
>>
>>90187308
Bojack faces the consequences forbhis actions and lots of people hate him for being a jerk

But everybody in SU are karma houdinis. They never face responsibility of anything (my main problem with Mabel in Gravity Falls)
>>
>>90184904
Filler isn't a buzzword
>>
It's too preachy and melodramatic for kids and too childish for adults.
>>
I don't hate the show, I still like it, but it's starting to get really boring. Why?

>THE FUCKING PACING
>like goddamn nothing happens for ten episodes and then bam! One arc episode about the diamonds and Rose and the again bam! Bad filler
>It has AT's quantum-slow pace

>No character development
>as people have pointed out, the characters face some sort of ""crisis"" and then revert to being the same shitty person they were before
>main example? LARS. We've had at least three episodes about him and Sadie and the motherfucker is still the worst person in the world
>seriously I'll be happy the day he dies, Sadie deserves better

>the fanbase
>I use tumblr and I still am amazed at how the fanbase is so fucking toxic and are at each other's throats at the smallest """trigger"""
>Any ship or joke gets called homophobic transphobic or racist

Also
>"THEY HATE MEN?!"
Subtlety, you know what it is, Zuke?

I still like the show for its overall aesthetic, the music, some characters and the memes. But if it doesn't go anywhere near a resolution during this year I don't know what I'll do
>>
>>90184904
I'm disappointed by the show for mishandling lore, utterly muffing how you pass on messages about tolerance, and stealing from anime where it can't even be called homage. I like the musical bits and I don't really mind the character designs.
>>
>>90184904
tumblrina social justice warrior millenial numale deep lore story arcs
>>
>>90219261

If you cry with your enemies, they'll quit, settle down, and accept your hegemony while being completely content to ignore their own wants and needs. Works every time.
>>
>>90184904
Steven is a cunt. He never asks questions and nothing is really ever resolved. It takes over 50 episodes for anything of plot substance to happen. The characters do not really grow at all and all character growth is done via crying. Side characters are characterized as morons and ignorant. Steven for 3 seasons is treated like a baby and is rewarded for being a baby. The pacing is shit
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.