[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always wondered if they actually tried to wipe off Bruce Wayne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Azrael-batman_01.jpg (48KB, 462x700px) Image search: [Google]
Azrael-batman_01.jpg
48KB, 462x700px
I always wondered if they actually tried to wipe off Bruce Wayne in favor of Jean-Paul Valley to appeal for the (extreme!) 90s kids. Just look at him. You can't get more 90s than that.

What do you think? Was it always an intention to bring back Bruce Wayne whatever the reception they got on Azrael-batman?
>>
From what I recall hearing, Azrael was supposed to be a parody type thing that actually got popularity so they kept it around
>>
it was made by the father if modern Batman, it was supposed to show what makes bats better than the edgy 90s anti-heroes
>>
>>90165432
>>90165880
Do you have somekind of source on this? I'd like to read that.
>>
>>90165399
Why does he have a belt around his leg? Wouldn't that encumber more than help?
>>
>>90165399
Azrael entire point is that he is a horrible batman
>>
>>90168315
Belts and poaches was all the rage in the 90's. Doesn't matter how functional or necessary they actually are, everyone had to have them.
>>
>>90165399
>Was it always an intention to bring back Bruce Wayne whatever the reception they got on Azrael-batman?

What I read on multiple fronts was that yes, the plan was show "that a Batman that kills is awful" but it kept being successful so for a while they treated it as it was going to be the new status quo for a while, but then editorial demanded it to end because of Zero Hour.

I'm surprised it was successful enough because for his first stories I liked Jean Paul Batman, then the whole OHHHH THE SYSTEMMMM MY FATHER JUST SAID I HAVE A SMALL DICKKKK just floundered the whole thing right away. It's hard to measure the scales of "a Batman that kills could or couldn't work" if he's a maniac hallucinating medieval knights half the time.
>>
>>90168315
>why does batman have a utility belt?
>>
File: Slap.jpg (5KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
Slap.jpg
5KB, 158x152px
>>90168315
>Questioning pouches
>>
>>90168646
Although they went full retard, their whole purpose was to make the costume look functional.Like, some asshole asked: "Where does he keep his stuff?!" and shit started to roll downhill from there.
>>
>>90168315
Say what you will, but Rob Liefeld started a trend in the 90's and many artists copied him.
>>
I hope Jean-Paul is okay, he wasn't a bad sort when he wasn't crazy and helping the homeless shelter.
>>
>>90165399
It was because Death of Superman was such a huge event. DC went through a period of killing/replacing a lot of their long running characters.

They did decide to make him super hella x-treem 90's for shits and giggles, though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.