[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the main factor behind Frozen's massive success?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 1282673438740.png (19KB, 553x436px) Image search: [Google]
1282673438740.png
19KB, 553x436px
What was the main factor behind Frozen's massive success?

If Disney repeats the same formula, could they replicate that success again?
>>
Cute girls and emotional manipulation.
>>
>>90162453
>What was the main factor behind Frozen's massive success?

Cute white princess with superpowers

Two or three really catchy songs.
>>
File: shrugging hands.gif (388KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
shrugging hands.gif
388KB, 384x288px
Frozen was popular mainly because of the let it go song.
thats it really
>>
Repeating formulas doesn't work with entertainment media because people get bored of seeing the same thing.
>>
>>90162453
Take empowered princess, add dorky relatable princess add token hot but evil guy add token hot good guy.

Equals smash fucking hit with pre-teen/early teen girls. They just took everything about Disney princess movies (Spunky princess+Hot guy) and doubled it.
>>
Lesbians, let it go song, storyline where princess becomes a shut in who runs away from her problems and is dragged kicking and screaming back to them.
>>
>>90162567
Yeah, lucky them. Disney never had a hit until that song, good for them, to be honest
>>
>>90162453
>What was the main factor behind Frozen's massive success?

There was nothing else to watch at the time.
>>
File: 13664384904_f4eedba1f9_b.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
13664384904_f4eedba1f9_b.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
>>90162453
"Soul", and I guess women related to the central girls having issues with communicating with their immediate family and having tense relationships full of hurt caused by misunderstandings and fear while actually loving each other beneath it all. Family drama. Also handsome dreamboat suitor turning out to be a dick.

Seriously though. The movie was a clusterfuck rush job because it was rewritten at the last minute, the songs were kinda meh and too Broadway-ish, the animation was shit due to it being such a last minute rushjob, the plot was all over the place and had more holes than Swiss emmental due to last min rewrite, it was marketed shittily at first because Disney expected it to tank etc.
It was crazy that it became the sloppy rush job animation that could, but it's success is down to some weird magic about the setting and the characters and their dynamics and trials. It's the only explanation.
>>
The "empowering" song
Transformation into sparkley dress
Lesbians

Moana would have done better if there was more glitter in it.
>>
>>90162453
Two princesses that are sisters and live in a frozen castle
Basically people 50 years ago continue to be right today and little girls would rather play mommy or princess than army soldier
>>
Idina Menzel.

Girl can fucking sing.
>>
>>90162894
>anon knows his Swiss cheeses
Nice.
>>
Let it Go is a feel good song about not being held back by a fear of ___________. It resonated with a lot of people because of how vague it is, so everyone was able to just plug in whatever thing bothered them.
Plus it being a sister story probably helped in general.

Also, it had the added benefit of coming out right at the time where College girls were coming home for Thanksgiving break, so they could watch it with their local friends, talk about it, then go back to college to watch it with those friends. Also, if I recall, there was a ton of snow that winter, so people kept talking about it.
>>
>>90162894
>it was marketed shittily at first because Disney expected it to tank etc.
That first feature with Olaf and Sven on the frozen pond was so hilariously weird. You could tell that they were just making shit up because they were still reworking the main film.
I remember those threads and we all laughed at it.
>>
File: 1395541475114.jpg (47KB, 606x606px) Image search: [Google]
1395541475114.jpg
47KB, 606x606px
>>90163233
>Also, if I recall, there was a ton of snow that winter, so people kept talking about it.
>>
File: whackoo.png (10KB, 100x90px) Image search: [Google]
whackoo.png
10KB, 100x90px
I don't know but Tangled was leagues better in every way.
>>
>>90163313
except the part where people didnt want to watch it
>>
Literally shilling one song: the movie
>>
It's funny how long it's taking for them to release Frozen 2. They're obviously scrambling trying to recapture the lightning that was Let it Go and failing terribly.
>>
>>90162453
>its a Disney movie, so its going to be popular by default
>released during the holiday season when it had no real competition
>catchy song that roasties absolutely loved
Thats pretty much it.
>>
>>90163337
good thing popular opinion isn't regarded as absolute in the minds of many.
>>
>>90163561
They also have to figure out what personality to give Elsa other than "she has ice powers and loves her sister"
>>
I'm still mad about how they did Hans wrong.
>>
The trailer were shit. But kids wanted to see it anyway because kids are stupid. Then the movie turns out to be not as shit as the trialers implied. It spread through word of mouth that it's "actually pretty good" and "not like the trailers at all". Then due to a relative lack of big competition, the whole thing snowballed. Also Elsa being an extremely popular character. Like, extremely HolySshitGetTheMmerchandisePeopeOnThePhonefuckfuckfuck popular. The movie IS Elsa.
There's also the fact that South Korea and Japan seem to fucking adore the movie more than most places and made it a fuckton of money.
>>
>>90162453
beautiful white women
>>
>>90164172
What do you mean? He was the bad guy. Did they do Ursula wrong because she dicked over Ariel? Was Gaston written wrong because it turns out he would kill to have Belle?

He was a bad guy written quite well as they tricked people into thinking he was the cliche good guy.

People who claim that Hans was a good guy who dindunuffin and Disney FORCED him to be a bad guy are insane, he's a fucking character in a movie THEY made, he was always supposed to be a bad guy.

Hans apologists are even worse, "Nah he should totally be forgiven after actively trying to murder one of the main characters and leaving the other to die"
>>
File: tumblr_mytawsweL51svf576o1_500.gif (181KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mytawsweL51svf576o1_500.gif
181KB, 500x700px
>>90164172
I hope they'll bring him back in the sequel, he's got potential for some really interesting developments, and I'm curious about his backstory
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.