[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iron fist featurette for those that haven't seen it. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (105KB, 434x442px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 434x442px
Iron fist featurette for those that haven't seen it.

I am Danny: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn49QoKGKr8

>Does anyone feel there is less concentrated hype, than previous series?
>>
>>90158377
>More evil asian guys

We're getting more Hand shit, aren't we? I guess it makes more sense here than in Daredevil.
>>
>>90158377
yeah i'm less hyped about it now than i was for it after the other trailers were released, or than i was for daredevil at the time.

it's a pity they'll fuck this up because this and dd were the only series i gave a shit about. i'd much rather watch two or three seasons of daredevil a year than all of that defenders new age marvel bullshit
>>
>>90159164
The Iron Fist mythology has nothing to do with The Hand in the comics. Daredevil has criticism over its Asian characters, and that was once the show debuted. Iron Fist has had a steady beating since it was announced. This is gonna make it worse. Oh dear. They need to strike a delicate balance. I'm not looking forward to the reviews.
>>
>>90159169
I think DD S1 was just a fluke. Second season was about on par with the other shows.
>>
>Most of the comments are either arguing about his race, or comparing him to Green Arrow.

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>90159660
>tfw no one cares about the showrunner
I wouldn't trust that moron with a plastic teaspoon. I will be pleasantly surprised if the show turns out to be good, but chances of that happening are pretty low.
>>
>>90159859
The only places I've seen reference the showrunner, and their concerns regarding his past projects are here and Reddit. The rest is race,race, race, race, race.
>>
>>90159660
They are basically writing him like Green Arrow so you can't blame people there
>>
>>90160138
By removing Danny's main motivation of revenge from his back story, they've made that criticism legitimate.
>>
>>90160123
That's what is strange to me. The only experience where he wasn't reigned in by someone else was a fucking disaster and now he's in charge again.

I'm not saying Dexter was ever a great show. It was pulpy schlock, but it was well-done, enjoyable kind of pulpy schlock. It had a lot of problems (particularly after season 1, which I think still holds up well), but those problems amplified by thousand when he was put in charge.

I'm not saying I want the show to be bad, quite the opposite, but I have very low hopes.
>>
>>90158377
MY NAME IS DANIEL RAND
>>
>>90160123
Tell a lie, I've also saw people concerned about the the dragon, mysticism and whether the lore will be done justice.

>>90160293
Marvel must have faith if they're trusting him to helm another Marvel project.
>>
>>90160307
AND I HAVE FAILED THIS PUNCHLINE!
>>
>>90158377
I think the lack of hype is because there is nothing inherently special about this one. DD was the first, so that was something. Jessica had stunt casting with Tennant, and was trying to do a more psychological thing. Luke Cage was OMG a BLACK SUPERHERO.
This is just Oliver Queen with more punching. We're not even getting any new villains, just the left over plotlines from DD. I'm sure the hype will pick up again once Defenders is closer to airing.
>>
>>90160539
>Marvel must have faith if they're trusting him to helm another Marvel project.

Or they feel they're too big to fail so they're falling back on cronyism
>>
>>90158377
>My name is Danny Rand. After five...TEEN years in hell
>>
>>90160539
>concerned about the the dragon, mysticism and whether the lore will be done justice.
thats me
>>
>>90161131
I think the mysticism will be there, but if people are expecting a play be play of IIF, they'll be disappointed.

Another IF (smallish) concern I've saw is: Is Colleen gonna get the draws?
>>
There's a few issues here IMO.

One is that these Marvel Netflix show are starting to feel over-saturated. Every six months was fine when the hype was real but now that this is the FIFTH season being released it feels like "Another one? I need a break." Remember that not everyone watches the whole series in three days. I think releasing Daredevil Season 2 before completing other shows was a HUGE mistake, they should have channeled that hype into a new series (like Iron Fist).

Another issue is these shows have felt like they have a strong showrunner with a strong vision for each series which is something the cape movies are really lacking. These visions were all established by the trailers and marketing. DD was a gritty urban crime drama, JJ was sexual violence, LK was blaxploitation and contemporary race issues, etc. Iron Fist is about.... what? I guess it's a kung-fu show but it's shying away from the campy 70's kung-fu craze genre stuff. From the marketing it looks like it's about some guy with powers who has an origin story and then fights people, which is something you can see in about a billion cape movies or shows now. No point or strong narrative thrust or anything else that separates Netflix from the MCU movies or DCU movies or other cape shows.

Last is the complete lack of an interesting image to market around. They kept the DD suit secret until the end but the image of Cox's beaten face with his red sunglasses, cane and suit worked. Jones and Cage and the Punisher were also all great images that made you want to dive into the shows. When I think of this show I think of a scrawny blonde guy in sweatpants. And that's coming from an Iron Fist fan.
>>
>>90161511
hit the nail on the head

i'm still excited for it but it's clearly not as hype as JJ or DD

defenders should be maximum overhype though
>>
>>90161713
At least there's hoping that unlike JJ it won't fail to live up to the hype because it doesn't have any.
But seriously, fuck all of you who told me that I'd enjoy JJ if I like psychological thrillers.
>>
>>90161511
DDS2 was green lit so fast, because of the unexpected success and critical acclaim of the first season. The original press release said IF was third, but after they changed it.

>Did you see the IF motion poster and poster, he looks half-baked.
>>
>>90160539
Why though?
His track record is mediocre if you count the times when he wasn't a showrunner (personally, I found his episodes of Six Feet Under pretty dull) and is a complete shitshow if you don't.

He's not DeKnight or even (much as I dislike him) Whedon who had critically acclaimed works.
>>
>>90161958
Don't ask me, I don't work for production. I just hope it's good. Despite the past reception of his last show running effort, Iron Fist has got to be decent enough to let Buck have his hands in another pie.

I was /so/ excited about IF, but now it's the one making me the most nervous.
>>
>>90158377
Oh come on! ANOTHER white man?!
>>
I feel like this might be a loose adaptation of Danny Rand/Iron Fist. Luke Cage has shown they're not afraid to do that.
>>
>>90158377
>That's my building!

since they're skipping out on the whole living weapon for the sake of revenge stuff, I'm glad they're skipping right to puppy dog Danny
>>
>>90161922
>DDS2 was green lit so fast, because of the unexpected success and critical acclaim of the first season.

They should have directed the hype towards the next show. Returning to the well gave us a sloppy fucked up second season of DD and deflated the future. Four seasons in a row of fresh original shows spread out over two years and then a team up. It's a perfect formula and they should have stuck to it.

I'm guessing a lot of this has to do with Marvel's (rumored) inability find a footing for the IF show.
>>
>>90162840
Someone who saw the first episode block said he's a "man child", except when he does Kung-Fu, then he gets all serious.
>>
>>90158377
wait wait wait....
he doesn't believe in these supernatural forces?

Did he not have to fight a literal dragon to get his powers in this universe?

I'm going to be pissed if it turns into some generic chi thing and there's multiple iron fists at one time
>>
>A force that runs through the universe...The power of the Fist.

Is this their explanation of Qi and Shou-Lao?????
>>
>>90163265
At least it's a hero who's a manchild this time, not a villain.
>>
>not Claremont 70's Bruce Lee kung-fu action

>not Brubaker pulpy Doc Savage adventure action

Shame. Danny isn't consistently written well but he does have two GOAT runs that would be perfect for adaptation
>>
>>90163423
I remember an EW interview, I think where Finn Jones says something like, " there's a force know as the Iron Fist, and those trained in a certain way can harness it". I assumed he was referring to the legacy, but maybe others, not Iron Fist can tap into the force. E.g- White Tiger?
>>
>>90161511
>"Another one? I need a break." Remember that not everyone watches the whole series in three days.

You realize no one's forcing you to watch capeshit right? Watch it at your own pace dude
>>
>>90163942

I wasn't talking about me, I'm talking about why there's no hype for Iron Fist amongst casuals.
>>
>>90163974
I agree with every other point you made, but with all this capeshit, the Netflix shows especially, there isn't exactly a rush
>>
>>90163546
Oh man if they cut Shou-Lao....
>>
>>90163423
>>90163792
Loose. LOOSE adaptation.
>>
>>90163974
I'd say there is indeed hype, but it seems less intense than before, because its being spliced between negativity and concerns over the property.
>>
eh, as with all these netflix shows the protag looks to weak

i mean it's okay with dardevil, sort of okay with luke cage...but i mean ironfist approaches doctor strange levels of craziness
>>
>>90163974
there was no apparent hype for Civil War either and look what happened
>>
In other Iron Fist News: Brisson's Iron Fist looks like its gonna be sick!

https://mobile.twitter.com/IronFistNews/status/834844346688139265/photo/1
>>
>>90158377
Is that guy at 1:00 wearing a Punisher shirt?
>>
>>90167114
No?
>>
>>90167301
>>90167301
Sorry, 1:02, the guys shirt has a white splatter that looks like Netflix Punishers skull logo.
>>
>>90167334
I think it was a graphicy shirt. The white's too opaque and took up at least a third of the shirt, and I think I saw some blue.
>>
>>90166277
I would say there was quite abit of hype for Civil War. I remember as soon as it was announced.
>>
>>90159164
>I guess it makes more sense here than in Daredevil.
>It makes more sense to use The Hand in Iron Fist when the closest Iron Fist has ever gotten to The Hand is Master Izo knowing about them whereas The Hand have been closely tied to Daredevil since the start
You're an idiot. K'un-L'un doesn't even intersect with Japan.
>>
>>90169701
I guess it is now, concerning MCU Iron Fist is the "sworn enemy" of The Hand.
>>
>>90170115
*considering
>>
>>90160743
I'd imagine the established TV industry is pretty small. Maybe Melissa introduced them, who knows. I did here that originally he was reluctant to helm a project like Iron Fist. Funny to note he's helming the two MCU projects where it was rumoured to have troubles being developed.
>>
>>90166249
Will it, though?
>>
>>90158377
I'm far more hyped for this than for JJ or LC, and I'm not even an Iron Fist fan. I'm just looking forward to not having constant gender/race politics being thrown in my face.
>>
>>90158377
>Does anyone feel there is less concentrated hype, than previous series?

I was super hyped for all these shows until Luke Cage shit the bed. It was the only one of the shows that I couldn't finish because it was so god damn slow and boring. Honestly it's the problem with all those netflix shows: They want to make a 13 hour movie instead of 13 great episodes.

So my hype for Iron Fist (who I love) has been tempered by the expectation that the series will be a slow burn to episode six, have a couple of do nothing filler episodes and ultimately end with a rushed finale. Oh, and no costume, dragon fights, or various other fun kung fu stuff; gotta keep it "realistic".

Can't wait for the comics to follow suit and get fucking boring. Hooray...
>>
>>90171842
This is Iron Fist, so I wouldn't speak so soon...
>>
>>90171977
Also, there were significant changes in Luke Cage, so that should steel people for Iron Fist.
>>
>>90171977
The new Brisson comic looks amazing.

>>90167025

Did see the designs for the seven antagonists?
>>
>>90158377
whats cool is there filming the defenders in tie square 2 blocks away from my job so I saw fin jones walking down the street
>>
>>90167025
Lemme guess: No costume, just a beard and no shirt for the run; just like the TV Show.

FUCK. THAT.
>>
>>90171977
Every show shat the bed at the end, except DD1.

JJ shat the bed by running the same plot over several times. We got Killgrave! Oh no he escaped because we were stupid. We got him again! No he escaped because we were stupid. Got him again! no...

DD2 shat the bed by doing both not enough and too much with the Elektra story. They spent themselves introducing Punisher in what, if self-contained, would have been the best Netflix MCU show by far, and then had to rush through Elektra. I'm no purist, but giving the most iconic scene for her AND Bullseye to fucking Nobu, who came back into the story 25 minutes before, was a huge mistake. They could have introduced Bullseye as the assassin hired to frame Frank, and then escalate things with him until Elektra's death. Most of the Black Sky stuff with the hand could have been saved for DD3, with her resurrection.

LC shat the bed by having virtually no stakes. After Pop dies, there's nothing of consequence for Luke until Diamondback shows up with the Judas bullets and proceed to chew the scenery for the rest of the show. After Luke is healed and they leave the scientist behind, there's no stakes either because you know he's not gonna get hit with another Judas bullet. And then the show ends with what amounts to a Worldstar drunk punchout. Beyond that, the best character in the show is Cottonmouth, but he's doomed from day one, because he's never gonna be a Kingpin.

The sin here is that 13 episodes were the perfect lenght for DD1. It was too much for all the other shows. Cap them at 10, cut the fluff, they'd be great
>>
where is this no costume talk
Defends people have already confirmed that Danny will have a costume same as DD
>>
>>90173756
I forgot to say, Colter is a FUCKING BORING actor. He sleepwalked through JJ, and shuffled groggily through LC.

I'm not sure I stand by it still, but back when they released JJ, I thought why did they have to spend the nigga who plays agent Mack in SHIELD? He'd been a way better Luke. At least he can open his eyes.
>>
i think shat the bed is a bit strong
dropped the ball maybe, but i dont think any show was RUINED cause of its missteps just deflated. they were all still damn good shows.
>>
>>90173906
I mean none of the shows Arrowed it, but they all did go down drastic like, after episode 6 or 8 or so.
>>
>>90173872
>I forgot to say, Colter is a FUCKING BORING actor.

Agreed. He's handsome, but so flat as an actor. His delivery of an "I Love you" and an "I'll fucking kill you" are exactly the same. man needs to learn how to vary his tempo
>>
>>90159252
Their animation is an exact mirror the path their films took, it's creepy.

>DD season 1/Iron Man, the smash hit that took everyone by surprise, offered a solid and self contained storyline that ended with a sort of weak final battle, but everything before it was so entertaining that it was still seen as a sign of great things to come

>Jessica Jones/Incredible Hulk, the attempt to go darker and more focused on 'themes' than the story. There's some good bits in there, and the villain was fairly entertaining despite how one note and repetitive he was, but the main hero was a bore who kept making terrible choices, there were plotholes and dumb choices galore, and the extended cast failed to make any impact. The finale was fun but hollow.

>DD season 2/Iron Man 2, the thing everyone hoped would be a return to form but instead became a disjointed mess as the solid inner story of conflict with the serious revenge driven main antagonist introduced at the start quickly got overshadowed by a dozen other plotlines shoved in to set up the inevitable crossover between other heroes, and as such no one idea actually manages to shine.

>Thor/Luke Cage, a badly interjected romance and a lack of focus made it feel like two wildly different movies/shows that had somehow collided together. Main character had exactly one trait and their final battle involved way too much talking and preaching before it's unsatisfying end of the Brother Vs Brother conflict, where one brother feels scorned and jealous of his sibling and wishes him destroyed because of it.

Will Iron Fist follow the same path of Captain America, overall solid but unremarkable despite it's unique setting? Let's find out!
>>
>>90173962
i mean i still enjoyed them a lot even though i can admit that the lost a lot of steam.
like i thought that the "How Do We Heal The Bullet Proof Man" subplot was legitimately riveting at the timeand the exploration of his backstory was also neat.
that and Diamondback felt like a comic book villain and was a nice addition to very very down to earth comic book series especially after JJ had a very similar tone
>>
>>90161922
>he looks half-baked.

There were reports that Finn Jones was asking where to buy weed in New York, so probably more than half.
>>
>>90163931
Fuck that. White Tiger needs to be powered by magic Kung Fu amulets!
>>
>>90169701
>You're an idiot. K'un-L'un doesn't even intersect with Japan.

It did during Heroes for Hire and Black Panther.
>>
>>90159243

Idk why Iron First would take a beating. Danny Rand's always been a white guy, I don't know why they think it should change.

>>90174248

So then will Defenders give me the same "holy fuck they actually did it" chills like the Avengers group shot did?

And ignite a thousand Defenders fanfic?
>>
>>90159169
>three seasons of daredevil a year

What tv shows do you watch that have 3 seasons in a year?
>>
>>90175221
>Danny Rand's always been a white guy, I don't know why they think it should change.

SJWs don't care. The argument is that he's the "mighty whitey" trope, white man goes to the exotic place and becomes better at the thing they do than them, ends up saving them.

Therefore, he should be changed to an asian-american, because they're underrepresented.

Of course, if they did that, they woud instead complain that they're taking the martial arts character and making him asian, because that's the stereotype.

Bottomline: they want to complain in order to virtue signal. They don't know the story, they don't care about the show, the character, the quality or even the minorities. They just want to feel morally superior.
>>
>>90175421
>Bottomline: they want to complain in order to virtue signal.

If that's the sole reason they're complaining, then I'm not going to worry about Iron Fist getting too unfair of a shake when it comes to reviews. If there's no real fire or conviction behind it, the worst we should expect to see is a couple of jabs about Danny being white, which should go away so long as Iron Fist is decent.
>>
>>90175892
You really don't know how badly they want the Virtue Points.

People are STILL bitching about the Ancient One being white. Not even making her a woman for feminist cred saved them from the shitstorm.

And that one was a political minefield for which the only right path was to completely walk around it. They didn't care, they bitched anyway.
>>
>>90158377

Looks bland,awful and boring. I was more hyped for Jessica Jones.
>>
>>90175421
It didn't help that the asian-american actor who ended up playing an antagonist was campaining hard to get the Danny role.

He just wanted more money, but they latched onto it.
>>
>>90160307

AFTER FIFTEEN YEARS IN HELL I HAVE RETURNED TO SAVE MY CITY BUT TO DO THAT I CANT BE WHO I WAS BEFORE I MUST BE SOMEONE ELSE I MUST BE....SOMETHING....ELSE....I AM THE IRON FIST
>>
>>90176149
A couple seasons later...

IRON FISTLICITY
>>
>>90176270

Luke Diggle
>>
>>90176314
SPEED DEVIL
>>
File: defenders0004.jpg (133KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
defenders0004.jpg
133KB, 800x532px
He's so damn skinny
>>
I stopped watching DD about half way through the first season and havent watched any other Marvel Netflix show. I find them very bland. They try to punch things up with "gritty" over the top violence but it seems so pointless
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.