[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this motif is done to death but what are some examples

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: lzxs8.jpg (174KB, 800x419px)
lzxs8.jpg
174KB, 800x419px
I know this motif is done to death but what are some examples of others that you think are underused or like in general
>>
>>90114190
Weird-ass concepts like "I am the things that are yet to be".
>>
Seven Heavenly Virtues
4 Heavenly Kings(In western media it is underused)
Zodiac and Space motifs(They used to be popular)
10 Elements(The usual motif is 4)

Also why is Shazam Gluttony? Powergirl as Lust makes sense but she could also work as Gluttony, all her comics show her eating junk food.
>>
>>90114190
>anger instead of wrath
for what purpose? do the writers think their audience is that dumb?
>>
>>90114508
Isn't wrath supposed to be different than anger, anyway? Like, wrath is supposed to be "I'm rightfully angry but I'm taking it too far"?
>>
>>90114190
why billy a glutton?
why PG a lust?
>>
>>90114542
It's more like, being angry due to a need for vengeance, but taking it too far, so yeah. Wrath would've worked better considering Batman is all about vengeance.
>>
This was actually one of my first comics ever. It holds a special place in my heart for that. It had a lot of fucking great moments.

>>90114391
>Also why is Shazam Gluttony?
It actually makes a lot of sense in context. He shares the wizard Shazam's powers with Billy and Mary, right? Well, he wanted more power, so he took their powers away from him to become stronger. Although that could be interpreted as a lust for power.

Actually, you're probably right.
>>
>>90114569
Shes sex appeal and horny.
>>
>>90114391
Which 10 Elements? All I know are the five chinese ones
>>
>>90114190
Anger is not a state of sin. Wrath is.
>>
>>90114190
yfw giant lust PG will never take advantage of you
>>
>>90114569
PG is Lust because she has big boobs. She should be Gluttony.

I have no idea why Billy is gluttony.
>>
>the one girl is lust
oh but of course
>>
File: 4555148-homúnculos.jpg (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
4555148-homúnculos.jpg
3MB, 2000x2000px
>>90114190
>seven deadly sins personifications
>the only female in the group is Lust

I just want a sexy fuckboi for once
>>
>>90114190
What is this from?
I don't read comics no more.
>>
>>90114697
And lust is almost always about sex even though it could be interpreted in a lot of ways.
>>
>>90114629
10 Elements:
Earth
Wind
Fire
Water
Ice
Metal
Electricity
Wood
Light
Dark

Technically Ice should be part of Water and Wood could be considered part of Earth but some people like to make a distinction.

I've heard some of the old folk claim that Time and Space are elements but I think that's nonsense.
>>
>Power Girl is lust
Contrary to popular belief Karen has never really been really much of a loose woman. Like she's really only been portrayed with like 4 guys across 3 continuities. It's a far cry from She Hulk or Elektra.
>>
>>90114697
Gowther in the Seven Deadly Sins manga is a sexy fuckboi and he's Lust.
>>
File: 1467276197186.png (113KB, 364x336px) Image search: [Google]
1467276197186.png
113KB, 364x336px
>>90114759
Now you've got my interest
>>
>>90114755
I've found that historically Marvel women are generally a lot sluttier than DC women, with that 'who's had the most love interests' chart that's sometimes posted around, the only females to get onto the list were Marvel ladies
>>
>>90114190
pic source?
>>
>>90114542

Wrath is the execution of anger, the seemingly unlimited want for destruction and pain.

I think I had it explained to me like this

>Lust is the desire for something purely carnal and selfish in someone else, it's associate flipside being a motherly, or protective love
>Gluttony is the desire to feast and feast endlessly, it's associated flipside being an innocence to the world, viewing others and objects as merely things to be consumed
>Sloth is the desire to do nothing, it's associate flipside being the will and strength to do anything.
>Wrath is the execution of anger, and the execution of destroying others or things, it's associated flipside being the appreciation of peace, calm and tranquility.
>Greed is the desire for items or belongings or wealth; tangible items beyond anything else, with it's associated flipside being the longing to share non-tangible items such as friendship, happiness, relationships with others.
>Envy is the want for others qualities and strengths, to make yourself like them but better; it's associated flipside is the want for others to recognised your strengths, and your abilities.
>Pride is the notion of your self importance, your priority, your supremacy; it's associated flipside is the notion of pride in others, seeing this strengths, being inspired by them.

>>90114508

It's not the first time they've done stuff like that. What the fuck is a sorceror's stone even meant to be?

Back on topic...

>>90114391

4 Heavenly kings is a good one, but our associated one is the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse; with the exception of the X men, I prefer our version. Made terry pratchett books brilliant for starters, and death is always a laugh in the comics.

A crown of thorns/guilty crown is one my favourites; a leadership role that isn't wanted or desired, but is taken on out of noble intentions or punishment for noble deeds.

Also, a range of organisations being represented by the rainbow; makes for damn good artwork.
>>
>>90114755
>>90114839
Which female DC superhero would be Lust?I can't think of anyone. Some people would say Raven because of her tendencies but Raven was said to be the embodiment of Pride.

I feel like Nightwing would be better suited for Lust than PG.
>>
>>90114944
He would but nobody ever uses a male for Lust, he's one of the few DC superheroes famous for being sluts, Hal might work too.
>>
>>90114944

Probably one of the villains, or anti-heros. Problem is, they only lust over a singular person.

>Catwoman
>Harley quinn
>Ivy
>>
>>90114737
>Technically Ice should be part of Water
I think Ice is supposed to represent Cold, as low temperatures do not have to involve Water. Ice also does not have to be made out of Water. However, this begs the question of where "Heat" is on this list.

I don't think Wood is Earth. Going by your logic though Lightning could be Heat or Air on account of Ion bullshit.
>>
>>90114722
>And lust is almost always about sex even though it could be interpreted in a lot of ways.
Too much like greed.
>>
>>90114878
>>90114708
JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice
>>
>>90114391
Homestuck kind of reignited the Zodiac motif for a while, I remember all the fantrolls based on the Chinese Zodiac or planet symbols
>>
>>90115080
It ties in to a lack of self control that greed lacks. At least according to Dante.
>>
File: matter-eater-lad.jpg (346KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
matter-eater-lad.jpg
346KB, 500x637px
>>90114190
>Gluttony isn't Matter Eater Lad
>>
>>90114190
Three wise monkeys

Hindu and Russian mythology

The lunar landing

Planet-based things that correspond to the planets' actual attributes rather than their astrological/zodiac/mythological traits i.e. mercury hot, mars cold, saturn big rings
>>
>>90115510
Russain mythology could work for a series with a tragedy theme. I remember reading a book of Russain myths and fairy tales when I was a kid. The only thing I remember is how depressing they were. Then I read some Russain literature in college. That was depressing too. Are there any Russain stories with happy endings?
>>
>>90114944
>Which female DC superhero would be Lust?
Starfire, easy. Alternately, Catwoman is always in heat around Bruce and Star Sapphire's "love" only covers the romantic aspect.
>>
>>90115642
Russian children's dreams are shattered at a young age to prepare them for the harsh reality of life. Such is the way in Russia.
>>
>>90115642
there is no happy ending until the motherland controls the world.
>>
>>90114697
Not a sexy fuckboi, but Nu52 Lust is not a woman.
>>
I thought Kyle got over his envy of Hal in Emerald Knights
>>
File: Lust.jpg (47KB, 578x787px) Image search: [Google]
Lust.jpg
47KB, 578x787px
>>90115866
Is he wearing bondage gear?
>>
>>90114944
>Raven was said to be the embodiment of Pride
This shit never made sense to me, I don't recall comic Raven being overly prideful.
>>
>>90115028
>However, this begs the question of where "Heat" is on this list.

...Fire?
>>
>>90116147
TNTT Raven was extremely prideful mate, no clue on the embodiment of such but I can see it.
>>
File: 97f.gif (1MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
97f.gif
1MB, 245x245px
>>90114190
>Lust
>Power Girl
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.