[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't this show get much threads outside of the talkback

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Gumball_9512.jpg (41KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Gumball_9512.jpg
41KB, 350x263px
Why doesn't this show get much threads outside of the talkback threads of new episodes and the occasional thread here and there? It's still currently running, so it should have more threads.
>>
>>90114051
Because there is nothing to talk about.
The most interesting thing that sparks discussion is The Void, but right now, everything about it that could be discussed has been discussed.
The Void isn't even that unique.
>>
misseps leaking the episodes a week before they even air kills the discussion.
>>
no
go away
>>
>>90114195
But Steven Universe gets a lot of threads even when there's no new episodes coming out.
>>
Anyone?
>>
Gumball is episodic and good, which means it's the opposite of what /co/ likes to talk about

Think about Nedroid: universally held as one of the best gag comics out there, yet very little threads
Why? Because /co/ wants drama and arguments, not a friendly thread where everyone agrees with each other
>>
>>90114452
Even if you don't care about Steven Universe's story, it is building up to something. There is a end game for it and it is quite clear. The consequences of the past and present may not be handled well, but there is a threat that Steven knows about that hasn't been defeated yet.
Gumball's issue with The Void isn't happening enough and is also having almost zero consequences when something related about it does pop up. Even when Rob almost kicked Gumball's shit in, Gumball doesn't remember that ever happening. About five episodes were spent on Rob and the finale of that was thrown away with a literal reset button. The constant threat of danger in TAWOG does not exist. The ending to Season 2 shows that there will never be any consequences in the show.
There is a endgame in sight with The Void, but so far, there is less than a handful of things that the characters actually know about it so far.
Even when Ben gets to it in Season 6, I doubt that there will be any major differences with the show that will actually matter to Gumball when it is all wrapped up. Prioritizing on being a cartoon that isn't too serious is not a bad thing, but seriously, the show was never made with a actual story for people to latch on to.
>>
>>90115259
>Why? Because /co/ wants drama and arguments, not a friendly thread where everyone agrees with each other
You say that as if it's a bad thing. There's nothing productive about a hundred posts saying "I like this". It's for people who want "discussion" but can't actually handle disagreement.
>>
>>90115703
I didn't mean it as a bad thing
I absolutely hate circlejerks
>>
File: 1452774816798.jpg (62KB, 214x214px) Image search: [Google]
1452774816798.jpg
62KB, 214x214px
its the downside of being an episodic series

Gumball is great and its format is approachable to newcomers, but it means there aint much to discuss outside of new episodes
>>
>>90114051
Because its fanbase is pretty small
>>
>>90114452
The SU fans are a lot more autistic.
>>
It's an episodic show that is very good for the most part and cheesecake of it gets you a ban.

The fact that they're isn't to much in the way of complaints, there is no central plot or idea that's going forward and people can't post lewds and masturbate to the catgirl there really is no need for many threads.
>>
How about we talk about some older episodes then? Which ones were the best? Worst? etc.
https://youtu.be/XHnTbJQQc-U
>>
>>90119272
>people can't post lewds and masturbate to the catgirl
This is why the /co/ fanbase is dead as fuck. No Nicole or incest = no threads.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.