[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people in animation industry really hate cartoon brew? ht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (6KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 224x224px
Do people in animation industry really hate cartoon brew?
https://youtu.be/RQhC5Sw61As
>>
Yes. I've only worked in commercial/freelance (FlickerLab, Little Airplane, shorts for pre-schoolers) , but the people there often roll their eyes at some of the things Amid says. Or they just don't talk about it at all because it never offers a serious platform for animation discussion since Amid laces articles so heavily with his own bias, you become more interested in attacking his own opinion than the issue at hand.

It sucks that it is still the number one animation news site, though. Blue Sky Studios, for example, has a website hub for their employees with a news feed link that takes headlines directly from CartoonBrew and links them on the home page. It's why you will notice whenever Amid talks shit about Blue Sky, which he often does, a ton of employees will come out of the forest to defend it. It's the same case with a couple of other studios, too, though this is information I've gotten from friends, so I'm not 100% certain if places like Frederator do it, too.
>>
It's basically like Kotaku. They dedicate themselves wholeheartedly to criticizing every little thing they can, put heavy bias and spin on articles, and even try to shame creators if they disagree with them.

...But then they still want all the press cred and access to demos and respect as a legitimate journalistic organization.
>>
>>90112445
Amid will never make up for the time he was given actual access to inside scoops about the Sausage Party animator scandal and passed on it in favor of keeping his shill deal to keep promoting the movie.

And then he still pat himself on the back for being the venue that got the scoop going.
>>
Yes!
>>
Animation professional here: I think most people take anything from CB with a grain of salt. Everyone knows it's biased, but it's still a good source.
Amid can be cringey, but in the past he's written smear pieces against people doing shady shit in our industry, which is really good.
>>
>>90111998
Yeah
But who gives a shit what those hacks think
>>
>>90113304
It's a popular site, so I would assume they have some influence.
>>
>>90113374
>cartoon brew
>influence
>>
>>90113234
It's a terrible source. It's just that there's nothing really better.
>>
>>90113901
>It's just that there's nothing really better.

Too true. There's not a lot of serious animation websites that offer critical analysis of cartoons, yet, Amid is determined to soil Cartoon Brew with tabloid reporting. Take for example how he exploited Skyler Page scandal, where a bunch of CN animators told him to wait a bit before reporting, because of the female animator involved, but he did it anyway and opened her up to harassment. Then there was the C.H. Greenblatt incident not too long ago.
>>
>>90113901
>>90114378
>there's nothing really better

Makes you wonder why people won't get off their ass and make something better
>>
>>90114709
They're tried, like Jerry Beck's website. It just doesn't gain tract because people are so used to CartoonBrew.
>>
>>90114709
I've wanted to but I'm not sure how to build that sort of thing. I've got the contacts, I've got the drive. I'm just not sure how to go about it from there.
>>
>>90111998
I didn't like Cartoon Brew even before I got into the industry. I just can't stand the pretense that all over that site. Just stick to AWN and Animation Mag.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.