[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why he's not on Rebirth? Manhattan os Just hype. Empty Hand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: images (19).jpg (41KB, 317x465px) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
41KB, 317x465px
Why he's not on Rebirth? Manhattan os Just hype. Empty Hand is better as a villain.
>>
>>90109229
Befcause making him the villain of a particular event would go against Morrison's idea of what the empty hand is. He's a consequence of the never ending story: As new events and cosmic stories come, the villains keep getting bigger and bigger. The empty hand is the villain at the end of the infinite story, once he comes it's all over. At best he can be postponed, but as long as there is a hand turning the pages, the empty hand will be at the end.
>>
>>90109413
Oh...
>>
>>90109229
Johns is a hack and the manhattan thing it's nothing more than a gimmick ordered by WB. Johns is a bitch.
>>
>>90109229
As a casual DC reader, it's more interesting for it to be Manhattan rather than a literally who
>>
>>90109229
Because he is too good to be used by WB bitch slave, Geoff Johns.
Besides that, Empty Hand is too fucking meta for the average event story.
>>
>>90109229
He's busy in Ultimates.
>>
>>90109229
What do you want them to do with him? Punch him out? Because I assure you whatever lack of respect you think DC's showing towards Watchmen, it would be much MUCH worse with a literally who like the Empty Hand.
>>
>>90109229
Because he literally cannot lose.
By continuing to shovel this shit into your own eyesockets you are making him stronger.
>>
>>90113686
What?
>>
>>90116449
Oblivion's the big bad of Mahvel's next Cosmic Event, and he's basically a legally valid variant of the same thing.
>>
>>90117009
isnĀ“t the phoenix way more powerful than him?
>>
>>90117710
Everyone is equally powerful because of the universe reset. That's how masters order and Chaos murdered Living Tribunal and how Galactus fought them despite them doing so.
>>
>>90117710
Wait what?
Where did you ever get that impression? Oblivion is exactly that; fucking OBLIVION. he's is everything that is NOT. Reverse Infinity.
If anything the universal reset made him stronger. Nothingness got a whole lot bolder.
>>
>>90117710
Current oblivion is everything outside the omniverse itself,. Literal, infinite nothing on the most conceptual level
>>
>>90119247
>current
>>
Cause Empty Hand is a lame villain has has been on like 2-3 pages total and whose only main appeal is power level wanking.
>>
>>90121253
>Empty Hand
>about powerlevels
>>
>>90121901
Well, you only beat him by turning off the internet and going outside to play and talk to girls.

Given this is /co/ he's virtually unstoppable.
>>
>>90109229
Neither wear pants so they're both equally dastardly.
>>
>>90122197
What if you unplug the internet like in South Park.

Surely that should take him to Bizarro's powerlevel at least, since physical comics are the least prominent(when it comes to units bought by people) way of entertainment nowadays.
>>
The empty hand is the one who receives. Reverse, cross-out, cut, rearrange, glue, then staple. Do you use your hand to turn the page or interact?
>>
>>90109229
Morrison books are not canon.
>>
>>90109229
Empty Hand is a fucking idiotic idea because for it to work, everyone needs to be fucking right-handed and reads comics from left-to-right

Now that you realize that, the whole stupid concept just falls apart. It should never have been approved to be used in a story
>>
>>90109229
I haven't read Multiversity because I hear tell the message is really depressing and negates the point of having read it.
Am I wrong?
>>
>>90127305
That wasn't my interpretation. Sure there's an anti-fun anti-fiction cancer infecting every storyline, but you, the reader, as Ultra Comics, have the power to reject it and not become one of its zombie-drones. All you have to do is read what you enjoy instead of event shit and garbage by bad writers.
>>
>>90127305
There's more than 1 interpretation of the message, I think. It's certainly more grey than Final Crisis, in the sense that it's not an outright hopeful happy ending, but the ending is either really hopeful or really cynic depending on you.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.