[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What movie reference is this? I've seen it referenced a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Evil_Peter_1.jpg (13KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Evil_Peter_1.jpg
13KB, 360x270px
What movie reference is this? I've seen it referenced a thousand times in other shows but could never figure it out.

For those who dont know it, it's the final scene where the wife of the good twin has to decide who is the evil twin and shoot said twin. Ends with her shooting and killing the good twin by mistake.

Also references thread. That way this thread isnt a complete waste.
>>
"x has to decide which is the evil clone of y" is a very common trope.
>>
Swan Princess
>>
>>90108626
Get a load o the guy feeling like he has to explain evil twin good twin to us kek
>>
i think there was something like that in face off

its probably happened a bunch
>>
File: Untitled.png (805KB, 793x595px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
805KB, 793x595px
The Star Trek episode with Garth of Izar is the earliest example of this I can think of but it might not be the first
>>
>>90108626
>I've seen it referenced a thousand times in other shows
name them
>>
>>90108626
i dont think its a specific movie, because its a really really common trope
>>
Futureworld
>>
>>90108626
American Dad or a later episode had a skit like this too, where it blended Logan's Run with some other movie. I know Logan's Run didn't end with a robot clone though.

Blade Runner would be related, in that the main character is a replicant hunting other replicants, thinking he's human. Total Recall has similar themes without being an exact match too.
>>
File: cartman-evil-and-cartman-we.jpg (87KB, 618x331px) Image search: [Google]
cartman-evil-and-cartman-we.jpg
87KB, 618x331px
>>90109364
>>
Goes back to at least the Man in the Iron mask.
>>
>>90108626
>>90108898

The Star Trek example is the earliest one I'm aware of, and most of the other ones have either drawn from that, or drawn from the ones that drew from it. I've never heard of a movie or show directly like the Family Guy one, with an evil robot clone. I, too tried to find the reference but I think this scenario was just something that they made up for the skit.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 184x274px
>>90110202
>>
>>90108626
I am curious about this too, what is it referencing?
>>
>>90108626
Sometimes it's not even an evil twin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoV2rm1oIb0
>>
File: imitation_krabs.jpg (34KB, 368x272px) Image search: [Google]
imitation_krabs.jpg
34KB, 368x272px
>>90108626
It's a reference to Spongebob when the titular character shoots the real Krabs instead of the robot.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.