[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel should spin-off and reboot the X-Men and related titles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: xmen10.jpg (687KB, 2000x1037px) Image search: [Google]
xmen10.jpg
687KB, 2000x1037px
Marvel should spin-off and reboot the X-Men and related titles to an imprint, so they no longer have to be involved in mainline Marvel shenanigans.
>>
>>90100450

>marvel giving up deadpool

In no universe is that ever happening. DP is tied to mutants and always has been and now his daughter is also a mutant. His stepson is evan and his other daughter is at least half mutie.
>>
>>90100495
Marvel has Gwenpool. Don't need DP.
>>
>>90100510

ha haahahahahaha which is why they already brought him into her book?
>>
>>90100524
you seem a bit upset. in all honesty, marvel could keep deadpool. label him an inhuman, have him make jokes about it, and call it a day.
>>
>>90100544

and more things that are never going to happen but I like the spunk my friend that hates mutants.
>>
>>90100564
I don't hate mutants; on the contrary, i believe that spinning mutants off into their own imprint and having them exit the main marvel sphere would help remedy a lot of the issues plaguing their books outside of creative teams.
>>
>>90100578

who owns the movie rights to these characters we've been talking about?

what would it look like if a Disney subsidiary spun the brand off. What would that look like?
>>
>>90100602
who cares what it would look like as long as the books were good? and if disney was so inclined, they could buy the rights back to all mutant properties tomorrow.
>>
>>90100615

Why does Fox keep making bad Fantastic Four movies?
>>
>>90100544
Split up Deadpool and Cable? Are you crazy?
>>
>>90100615

I'm trying to get you to think. Fox makes bad movies solely to keep the rights to properties, which is stipulated in the deal they made with marvel before they were bought out by Disney.

Fox and Disney have been in a long standing pissing match to point of every channel Disney has created, Fox made a similar one to cut into their market share. Iger and Murdochs dislike eachother, a lot.

Fox owns the rights to mutants as a class but only so much as characters are specifically named in the deal, so there is a little wiggle room there. Fox owns, Deadpool as well.

Weapon X is tied directly into deadpool's origin, you couldn't divorce deadpool from mutants anymore than you could rewrite 30 years of history.

Every so many years, Fox has to use the intellectual property that they bought from Marvel or they lose it and it goes back to Marvel.

Every move is political, with them scoring points against each other. Same reason they cut back on X-Men merch and reason why a lot of x-fags think marvel has been taking a dump on their favorite characters for nearly two decades.

One long running pissing match.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.