[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thread about why Fillmore was one of the greatest cartoons to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: fillmore.jpg (21KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
fillmore.jpg
21KB, 182x268px
thread about why Fillmore was one of the greatest cartoons to ever fucking grace television.
>>
It was good because it never overextended itself. But for that exact same reason, it will never be counted among the greats. Great cartoons take risks, whereas Fillmore found a good formula and played it consistently well.
>>
Because it was a great throwback to 70s cop shows
>>
>>90091789
I mean I haven't seen this in years which maybe why I'm so nostalgic about it, a quick google image search lead me back to my childhood. But yeah, name some mystery themed cartoons as intricate as this. There's really not many
>>
>>90091868
Intricate? Not really. It was very intelligent and fun, but not intricate. Nor is it mystery-themed. Its premise is essentially a loving, yet serious parody of cop shows.
>>
It's nice that the show ended before it got too formula.

fun fact:
The principal is voiced by the same woman who voices Pizazz in Moonbeam City
>>
>>90091724

Amazing
>>
>>90091913
it took itself very serious at points which is apart of it's charm i'd like to think. Yeah mystery themed wasn't the right term, but there were investigation scenes and many loops the team had to go through to find the source of a crime that occurred in the school.
>>
>>90091913
I'd say Electric Haircut was pretty intricate.
>>
I just found out Tara Strong voiced Ingrid
>>
File: tape recorder spin off.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tape recorder spin off.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>90091724
Idea for a spin off: Middle school Policy Debate and or Mock Trial student team takes on work alternately as prosecutors and defense attorneys for students accused of various rulebreakings. Filmore and whatshername appear now and then as witnesses, and various background students from Filmore along with new ones serve as judges and juries. Literally the courtroom side of Law And Order with children. Occasional cases against other middle schools in their courts, with a supreme court for the entire school district run by highschool seniors.

Protagonists
>Tall male, socially liberal, caucasian, blonde hair, comes from a working class family and prefers defendant cases
>Average height female, more conservative, African American, upper middle class family, prefers prosecution
>Short asian elementary school assistant who works for them after school and also hangs out because he thinks older kids are cool. Replaces LiberalGuy in third season when he quits the team out of frustration, and the kid graduates to middle school. Basically assistant attorney
>>
>>90092076
lmao i think that's a little complicated for a kids show. I think if they modernized it, it would probably be made into an internet crime drama, incorporating technology from 2010's and referencing old memes. If that were the case the original animators and writers would have to work on it or I wouldn't watch.
>>
I wonder if anyone tried a kickstarter for this dude i loved this show so much.
>>
File: jhhBBw.jpg (15KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
jhhBBw.jpg
15KB, 600x591px
>>90092076
Really good idea though.
>>
>>90092076
>>90092220
Honestly, I could see it working. Kind of like Ace Attorney, but with simpler cases.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>90091724
Six words
>>
>>90092076
Setting details: Instead of a bar or restaurant where the attorneys can informally talk with opposition clients/attorneys they meet and drink at a hamburger joint that resembles a bar anyways

In the third season the asian kids role as assistant is replaced by a ginger international exchange student from Scotland. She is waifued by everyone

The DA is voiced by Adam Schiff and physically resembles him. If not possible, get Sam Waterson. If also not possible, get Justin Roiland and let him spout whatever he wants as long as it passes censors
>>
File: screen.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
Redhead Ingrid is absolute bae
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.