[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do creators hate /co/ so much? /mu/ has had some pretty big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6

File: andrew wk.jpg (70KB, 790x481px) Image search: [Google]
andrew wk.jpg
70KB, 790x481px
Why do creators hate /co/ so much?
/mu/ has had some pretty big musicians visit them.
/a/ has Trigger staff live watching with the Anons and answering questions.
/tv/ has had actors crash the board.
Even the horsefuckers got their goddess to show up.

So why doesn't anybody show up here?
>>
we've had several you newfag
>>
>>90076717
Rebecca Sugar lurked here.
>>
>newfag
Creator's used to show up here all the time. Not anymore of course since the board is complete shit now.
>>
>>90076717
Because /co/ is filled with a bunch of screaming autistic manchildren.
>>
>>90076717
Hi, I am Tara Strong.
>>
Maybe you should lurk more and ask questions instead of making baseless claims.
For a start, we've had Steve Lieber and Ian Flynn.
>>
>>90076717
didn't that guy who made mighty magiswords come here often?
>>
File: Brandon Graham and James Stokoe.jpg (154KB, 698x620px) Image search: [Google]
Brandon Graham and James Stokoe.jpg
154KB, 698x620px
>Brandon Graham and James Stokoe have both posted on /co/
Good times.
>>
>>90076785
MOMMY
>>
Because /co/ has shit taste and complains about everything.
>>
I bet Peter David makes all the "Frollo did nothing wrong" threads
>>
>>90076785
Stop voicing Harley.
>>
>>90076717
Because /co/ is on 4chan and 4chan is known as the internet hate machine, and comic creators are generally enormous pussies that fear conflict as are the crowds they pander to on social media so they are left no choice but to virtue signal how horribad 4chan and by extension /co/ are or risk backlash.
Ironically the fact that /co/ are also enormous pussies that fear conflict is lost on them.
That said occasionally some content creators do come here, they are usually the good ones.
>>
>>90076717
>Why do creators hate /co/ so much?
Because those creators know they create shit and they hate us for calling it shit
>>
>>90076717
Most creators don't like being called hacks,say what you will about leddit but most comic creators give AMAs there because they know they'll be treated with slight respect,/co/ntrarians whining at everything doesn't make this board the most exciting one to visit
>>
>>90076839
stokoe storytimed his own goddamn comic before it even came out

you don't get more based than that
>>
File: roiland.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
roiland.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
Literally talks about visiting and trying to bait people by shitting on Rick and Morty
>>
When was the last time Cope showed up in an Unsounded thread?
>>
>>90076911
Mostly this but it's also their fragility. And that's not necessarily to call them bitches (though many are) it's just to say that many creatives don't like criticism, even if it's "good" and "constructive". Why come to a place where you know that'll be pretty prominent and completely unfiltered?

Also, I'll be quite honest, with the political slant of much of what they write the /pol/ side of me and many other avid /co/ posters would come out. It wouldn't be a nice or publishable-on-huffpo. Unless they're gay and looking to be called fag for clickbait.
>>
>>90077005
last week
>>
Autism.

"In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic xylophone, or something? Ha ha, boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder."

Also the /pol/ cancer.
>>
>>90077074
Oh. Okay then.
>>
File: 1487601508229.png (353KB, 1280x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1487601508229.png
353KB, 1280x1145px
>>90076717
Rebecca Sugar and Natasha Alegri come from here. Hell, Fionna was OUR idea and an anon came up with the name "Cake".

Rick&Morty creator comes here, and one of the character designers was a famous artist on AT threads.

Alex Hirsch also confirmed on coming here.

Damn, even Bendis said that he checks /co/ now and them.

Shit, I'AM a profissional animator and I'm here.

>>90077021
You look like a whinny fag.
>>
>>90077078
I remember when someone asked the guy who directed that episode that question. He had no idea what was going on and thought it was a legitimate complaint
>>
Dave Sims posted on here before
>>
>>90077078
It's tough to blame it on /pol/ because these boards aren't fucking exclusive. The global political landscape is incredibly fucking divisive. Only a fool would think there's anywhere to escape from that, especially in discussions about up-to-date periodical stories.

It wasn't /pol/ that brought politics to comics. And it wasn't /pol/ that started discussing the politics that appear in comics on the comics board. The website is 4chan not /co/. Many of us post in multiple places.
>>
>>90076717
>/mlp/
We are probably the prime example of having access to the staff.

Horsenews and Equestria Daily frequently get responses from the staff.

At conventions, they acknowledge we are asking the "hard" questions and know exactly where the questions came from because /mlp/ is basically on theit schedule.

During the first season, the entire staff was INVITED by their own to come to /co/ to see our reactions.
>>
>>90077249
No, he hasn't.

He won't communicate with anyone who hasn't signed his petition.

Also, you got his name wrong.
>>
>>90076717
>Why do good creators hate /co/ so much?
Fixed.
>>
>>90077336
He did a Q&A a few years ago
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (43KB, 650x348px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
43KB, 650x348px
The creator of Miraculous Ladybug has been here and I know some others French creators have too.
They'll would probably come if /co/ knew more about the non-mainstream stuffs.
>>
Can confirm that a lot of pros come through here. I don't know about major creators though because I don't know any major creators personally. But pro animators, pro writers and pro artists are always hanging around.
>>
>>90076717
>/tv/ has had actors crash the board.

Who?
>>
>>90077403
If you mean http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/41647974/ that wasn't him.

>actual Dave knowing our Bleach and Tom Preston memes
Wew.
>>
>>90076791
>Steve Lieber
One cool dude right here. Nobody shocks the shocker.
>>
>>90077532
Is there a chance that I could've told Dan Slott to kill himself?
Because that would brighten my day.
>>
I remember when Steve Lieber would visit every single time we story timed his works. The dude was really fucking awesome.
>>
>>90077567
dane dehaan went on there one time

it's the only thing /tv/ can lay claim to despite their insistence otherwise
>>
Felicity's boyfriend once posted in an early arrow threads and then she posted here herself once everyone started ripping on him for being a hambeast.

This was well before /co/ began to loath her, in fact it was even before we began to love her.

Or was that /tv/?
>>
Used to tell you all who I was but you're all the worst. Now just lurk and am the worst with you.
>>
>>90076785
Suck my dick, please. You can still suck even if you aren't really Tara btw.
>>
>>90076943
Which comic?
>>
>>90076717
We're bad people.

This is a bad place to be.

We're only here 'cause we're stupid, stupid addicts.
>>
>>90077868
Orc Stain

Back when it was still coming out.
>>
>>90077160
>Shit, I'AM a profissional animator and I'm here.
Have any examples?
>>
>>90076717
Who cares?
>>
>>90077160
Thank you, anon. You're secret is safe with me.
>>
Cameron Stewart linked to one of the hypercrisis threads about Pax Americana in chronological order on his twitter
>>
>>90077934
Most likely the brony faggot that made that really shitty Rick and Morty Court video.
>>
>>90076717
Because so many of you are insanely racist, sexist, immature, angry, fucking retarded, self-loathing, delusional fat fucking idiots.
>>
>>90078175
>calls people immature
>calls people fat fucking idiots
>>
>>90078175
Welcome to 4chan kid.
Funny how 4chan was always known as the internet hate machine, yet it was moreso about not putting up with bullshit. When tumblr and reddit and other cancer sites moved in, that's when the real hate came in, hence all the /pol/tards and SJWs on 4chan.
>>
>>90076758
No wonder why she is how she is.
>>
>>90078260
Yeah and?
I guess the fucking retarded part was definitely right too
>>
>>90077160
You don't know how much I really wish you were a hot girl with a thick butt anon.
>>
>>90078281
Is she /ourguy/
>>
>>90078363
Hell no, she is /invisiblekidsguy/
>>
>>90077160
>Shit, I'AM a profissional animator and I'm here.
Fuck off m8
>>
File: 1438114601701.png (422KB, 758x588px) Image search: [Google]
1438114601701.png
422KB, 758x588px
>talk shit about creators relentlessly every day of the week
>"WHY WON'T THEY COME VISIT OUR BOARD???"
>>
>>90078175
Not, really /co/ anons are not really much different than people anywhere else, just that no one puts on airs, like in other places.
Here you can say what you will and no one will ban you, people can't ostracize you, other posters can't silence you and you don't have an identity to have attacked that would make people conform out of fear of suffering the same.
It's just that this format offends some people and yet they choose out of all places on the internet this place and bitch about it, just like yourself.
Nothing more annoying than someone whining about something they choose to do.

So it's just easier and safer for creators, often of family friendly shows, to go places where they are guaranteed a sanitary experience, I frankly don't care and see no value in talking to creators.
>>
>>90078302
lol
>>
>>90076717
>ignoring the times Ronnie came
>ignoring when Ronnie gave us his blessing for the whomp edits
>>
>>90078587
Bendis makes it so easy though. I mean, he probably doesn't deserve half the shit we give him, but he definitely deserves the other half.
>>
>>90076778
that is every board.
>>
>>90077000
You got an archive link, bud?
>>
>>90076717

Would YOU come to this fucking shithole?
>>
>>90076717
>/tv/ has had actors crash the board

This has literally never happened.
>>
>>90078889
He talks about it on the h3h3 podcast and Kevin Pierra's podcast plus
https://twitter.com/justinroiland/status/437304574001430528?lang=en
>>
/v/ has had Reanimator Lovejoy of the Protomen and Kamiya visit them once.
>>
>>90078587
>Bendis does an AMA on /co/
>Replies consist of "Bendis?"
>>
>>90077908
everyday I pray to Stokoe hoping he might release a new book.
>>
The creator and animators of Harvey Beak posted here
>>
They have. Multiple times.
>>
A surprisingly large amount of creators used to lurk /co/ to get unvarnished opinions of their work.
Very few do any more since there is very little discussion of their work outside of Steven faggot Universe
/co/ is sub tumblr in content now
>>
>>90079339
Oh, thanks for the revelation. I wasn't convinced by all the other posts, but yours did the trick.
>>
>>90079382

I don't know what you came here for, if you didn't want people to answer your question.
>>
>>90079059
I feel like Koyima would love shitposting about his own games or giving out "leaks" or "hints" about them.
>>
>>90079434
I don't know why you came here thinking you have something to add, even though everybody else already gave much better answers.
>>
>>90076717
Because you don't read webcomics.

Morbi and Gob drop by all the time we have stuff for their webcomics.
Hell I think Mary-Sensei from Let's Speak English did once, too.
VanHeist once popped in a Gogo thread, and loved the mindless term "Mary Sue Ultrabitch"
And Paranatural's creator was at least aware that we were crazy about his made-up language way back in the day.
>>
>>90079630
Ronnie used to show up in Whomp threads from time to time as well
>>
>>90079630
Not really the same thing.

I don't think OP asking why we don't get people who are pretty much soundcloud-thread teir. He meant big two published or has a show on television type people.
>>
>>90080402
>I don't think OP asking why we don't get people who are pretty much soundcloud-thread teir. He meant big two published or has a show on television type people.

Well we did get bendis that one time but they're all busy and likely don't have time to visit a board that talks shit about them either way
>>
>>90076717
>/tv/ has had actors crash the board.

Bullshit
>>
>>90076758
Gee no wonder SU is shit
>>
>>90077567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUskbSn8jo
>>
I think Gillen was confirmed to lurk, was he not?
>>
>>90077160
>>90077934
>Have any examples?
there's a good dozen or more drawfags that regularly contribute on this board that can be considered professional animators, storyboarders and comic creators.
Some of them actually don't suck, at that.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.