[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I know the superman vs goku fight Screwattack released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 26

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (177KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault[1].jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
Okay, I know the superman vs goku fight Screwattack released is super old, but I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"

They clearly either didn't do that much research or were just kind of biased towards Goku. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think Goku could ever hope of defeating Superman in a no holds barred fight, but to completely misrepresent his character just triggers my autism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERvrC1r1ako
Here you can clearly see that Goku says that he spared Frieza hoping he would change from his evil ways, not because he wanted to fucking fight him again in the future.
Okay rant over.
>>
>>90075203
Theyre superman fanboys, they just need to stop posting videos about it because theyre going to use a superman that doesnt exist to prove their point. Its just like the scout vs tacer video, except with more fanboyism.
>>
>>90075203
People just don't understand Superman is the original overpowered OC. It's not that Goku isn't immensely strong, it's that Superman is unfairly OP and can only be beaten by green rocks.
>>
Goku risked earth to fight beerus.
>>
>>90075275
Im pretty sure unless beerus was stopped by someone, he was going to destroy the earth any way.
>>
>>90075275
He didnt risk earth to fight him, earth was at risk because beerus showed up and didnt get what he wanted.
>>
I wish there were more to goku but sadly that's pretty much it.
I'm not sure how the original dub portrayed him but this is how the west gave goku a layer of humanity. Honestly it's kinda cool how they handled his character.Sadly that's not the original vision for goku so a fight crazy maniac it shall be i guess.
>>
>>90075254
Superman didn't became overpowered until the silver age when they started giving him new powers in every single issue. Golden age Superman only had super strength until the Fleischer cartoon gave him flight and a significant boost in strength.
>>
Goku is a fucking dumbass, he put 12 universes in risk just so he can feed his ego
>>
>>90075698
>things that never happened
>>
>>90075698
It's been stated many, many times in the series that Goku's greatest flaw is his "Saiyan Pride", needing to truly have the greatest challenge presented to him instead of simply stopping a threat in the early stages.
>>
>>90075203
The only people who give a shit about this shit are fags with shit taste in anime and retards who care too much about Superman.
>>
>>90075203
>I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"
It is the canon interpretation. Look at Super: Goku is willing to kill off entire universes for the sake of a good fight.
>>
Goku vs Supes is old news

Beerus vs Superman, who wins?
>>
>>90075203
That's because they got his voice actor from DBZ Abridged and Superman's voice actor is Itsjustsomerandomguy.
>>
>but I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again".

That's how Toriyama describes Goku now.
>>
>>90075842
Isn't Toriyama forgetful?
>>
>>90075203
>Here you can clearly see that Goku says that he spared Frieza hoping he would change from his evil ways, not because he wanted to fucking fight him again in the future.

That still makes Goku really stupid.

I don't know too much about Supes, but Goku really isn't a good character, even within the context of his own series.
>>
>>90075860
Its not much different from Supes sparing all his villains thinking that there is atleast some good in them.
>>
>>90075860
that's pretty much retconned into. "If you weren't a bad guy, you would've become a great rival" during RoF
>>
>>90075366
Actually Toriyama said Goku was never mean to be a hero, the guy is fighting warrior with no other desire, they even said that as his core Goku is more saiyan than Vegeta because his endless lust for combat
>>
>>90075203
>but I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"

But this is exactly what Goku is like. Have you been watching Super? He's done it again but this time he disobeyed the God of Destruction from his universe (who could destroy earth with a single attack AND who has the authority to do so with none of the Kaios being allowed to say anything about it) and went to the King of All (basically the God of all the universes, a child like being who can destroy universes at a whim) to remind him of an inter-universe tournament he offhandedly said he'd like to see, despite being warned several times of the consequences, and now it's a tournament bracket thing where the loser gets his entire universe destroyed, and all Goku is saying now is "Well at least I get to fight strong guys"

Heroic justice loving family man Goku was a dub thing.

(I still think Goku should be able to beat Superman easily, though).
>>
>>90075203
>but to completely misrepresent his character just triggers my autism
What character?
What is there to Goku, and why are you offended for his character?
You know how he turned into a kid in GT and it didn't really feel super weird? It kind of highlights how there's nothing to him and he hasn't changed since he was a kid.

The single moment where Majin Vegeta describes his turning back to evil as kind of a midlife-crisis-like event is loads more interesting than anything Goku's character had to offer.
>>
>>90075724
>What is Super
>>
>>90075966
>But this is exactly what Goku is like. Have you been watching Super?
He's been this way since the Saiyan saga, It's like people forget how much of a dick Goku is most of the time
>>
File: image.jpg (588KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
588KB, 1024x1536px
>>90075203
Goku sparing an enemy because he's selfish and wants to fight again?Never!
>>
>>90075966
>Beating someone who can lift infinite mass.
>>
>>90076047
And people said Toriyama saying that Goku was mean to be dick is bullshit
>>
File: 1487601840869.png (694KB, 1029x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1487601840869.png
694KB, 1029x1275px
>>90075203
>this shit discussion again

Let's change the subject:

Who makes a better Waifu? R63 Superman or Goku?
>>
>>90075203
Goku's character is based solely on fighting. The reason he's portrayed as a good guy at all isn't because he has any intentions of saving the world, but because he enjoys fighting and getting stronger, and it just so happens that most of his opponents are obligatory evils. He's pure of heart because follows an absolute warrior code, where everyone should be given an equal opportunity to fight on fair ground, rather than making them atone for past sins.

The Frieza fight in particular is the pinnacle definition of his character. He doesn't care that Frieza committed genocide against the Namekians. He doesn't even care that Frieza committed genocide against the Saiyans, his own bloodline. The only time he legitimately loses it is when Frieza unfairly kills Krillin, a regular human so far below his own power level it's like shooting a baby in the face.

All Goku cares about and has ever cared about is fighting, because that's his nature. Whether that's good or bad or anything is irrelevant, because he's overstayed his welcome in terms of manga and anime, but that's all Goku boils down to.
>>
>>90076122
>draw two guys
>give them boobs
Is this what qualifies as r63 nowadays?
>>
Anyone have the screencap from the first episode of multiverse arc were they make parallels between Goku and Raditz?
>>
>>90076047

Like that page mentions, he did that with Piccolo as well and technically did so with Kid Buu much later on.
>>
>>90076475
Nah piccolo was a different case,he didn't want to kill Kami,his main goal unlike the rest of the cast wasn't to stop evil from rising again but to just win the tournament because that's what goku is,this whole "Ally to GUD!1!" Meme needs to die though.
>>
>>90075203
Not doing it that one time with Frieza doesn't mean he didn't do it other times. Just look what he did with Buu.

>>90075243
Ha, no. They love DBZ and Boomstick hates Superman.

>>90075724
I see someone hasn't been following DBS.

>>90075760
Aw, which loser was your husbando?

>>90075790
Superman killed a god's soul with his voice, so...

>>90075966
Superman can do Flash's phasing trick, Goku literally can't touch him.
>>
>>90075790
we need something new for people to concentrate their autism on.
Aang vs Naruto was a thing in the early 2000's until Avatar ended and Naruto received a massive power creep for years
>>
>>90075203
Or you're just a butthurt Weeb who can't accept the fact that America's most iconic character kicked the shit out of your favorite character...
>>
>>90076730
I literally say otherwise in my post you humongous cocksucker
>>
>>90076730
>America's most iconic character
Trump?
>>
>>90075894
>Its not much different from Supes sparing all his villains thinking that there is atleast some good in them.
Which is just as dumb unless it's darkseid.
>>
>>90075567
Siegel and Shuster actually gradually built him up through the golden age. The famous pic of him filming a nuclear explosion while flying was from their original run.

>>90076772
>>90075894
Goku does it because he wants to fight. Superman does it because his morality ranges from really good guy to bodhisattva.

Superman can also imprison his enemies on alien planets/phantom zone/ green lantern bubble floating out in space. Goku was fine letting dangerous planet destroying tyrants go free and get stronger so he can have the selfish thrill of fighting them again.

>>90075990
>The single moment where Majin Vegeta describes his turning back to evil as a kind of midlife-crisis like event is loads more interesting than anything Goku's character had to offer

It's almost a rule in Shonnen that the supporting cast is infinitely more interesting than the main character. Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Krillen, they're all so much better than Goku.
>>
>>90076055
People don't get how fucking awesome that feat was because they don't get the context.

He didn't just lift infinity. He lifted infinity plus. He lifted an internal representation of not only the multiverse but hat contained the multiverse.

He lifted Monitor-Mind. He lifted Nirvana.
>>
>>90076980
And yet it's ignored later on
>>
>>90077045
Not really. It was reflected in macrocosm when he was transformed into Thought-Robot.

Morrison is big on "as below so as above".

He also drank raw bleed, something the Monitors said was impossible, and used it to save Lois.

Then he killed a New God powerful enough that the gravity of his death was destroying the multiverse by singing-and it wasn't with the miracle machine like some say, it wasn't powered up yet. It only turns on and summons Nix Uotan when powers it up later when Mandrakk shows up again.

Final Crisis was a parade of Morrison writing a really powerful Superman.
>>
>>90075203
>I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"
I guess you REALLY hate how Toriyama portrays him, then.
>>
>>90075203
Flash
>>
>>90076676
>Superman killed a god's soul with his voice, so...
Wat
>>
>>90076676
>They love DBZ and Boomstick hates Superman

It really shows how casual they are when they think Goku, master of fight autism, is a more grounded everyman character than Superman, the guy that started an archtype by showing an all-poweful god that valued conformity, meekness, and human interaction.

They thought a guy who makes a habit out of endangering others for the hedonistic thrill of combat is more relateable than a guy who holds a 9-5 job and pines after the hot babe in the office.

>Superman killed Darksied with his voice

DeathBattle would have redeemed themselves if they had Superman kill Goku by singing Head-Cha-La.

That would have set the internet on fire and it would have been AWESOME.
>>
>>90075365
he's currently risking the universe for a world tournament, though I know it's not fair because he didn't know the king of all was going to place high stakes on the fights.

Also they are making Goku a literal retard for some reason. I hope the english dub fixes at least half of this.
>>
>>90077259
He also saved the omniverse by vibrating in Joe Casey's run. Even Mr. Mxypitliz said it was impressive.

The best part of pic related? Grant Morrison said that the song he sang was your favorite song.
>>
>>90077472
I feel like a lot of comics are cool when being described, but the visuals aren't there to actually support the awesomeness of the premise. This is certainly help prove my theory.
>>
>>90075203
Goku in his most powerful state gets KOed by a fucking lazer.

Gee what's that power that comes outa superman's eyes again?
>>
>>90075203
>This thread

Holy Shit. This is the most autistic of the week.
>>
>>90075858
>>90075842
Toriyama always portrayed Goku this way, that's why he was kinda annoyed that the anime made him more of a heroic guy.
>>
>>90078730
>KOed by a fucking lazer.
That was retconned IIRC
Also his strongest form is Super Saiyan Blue with Kaio-ken
>>
>>90078792
That's Goku vs Superman for ya.
It's a vs debate that has surpassed everything else since Lion vs Tiger
>>
>>90077472
So Supes could be singing The Normalfag Song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB7bnWx2i_8
>>
>>90075203
But that's true. He's a nice enough guy sure but really all he cares about is strength if only to protect his planet.
>>
>>90075203
My complaint is how they LITERALLY HALFED GOKU'S SPEED FOR SSJ1 TO NOT MAKE HIM FASTER THAN SUPERMAN.
Like for fucks sake, by their bullshit scaling Goku is almost 20 times faster than Superman but they decided to half his speed for SSJ1 And make SSJ2 EXACTLY the same as base.
Screwattacks research is always really shit, See the Bayo vs Dante.
>>
dbz fans have grown up their entire lives believing Goku was the strongest and unbeatable so when Screw Attack brings them back to reality and shows them there are people out there stronger then their childhood hero, of course they can't accept it.
>>
>>90079086
Kid, Superman has races with the flash. Goku couldn't dream of doing that shit.
>>
>>90079510
Pre DBS Goku could/would lose to supes.
But they downplayed both super hard.
Goku more so as >>90079086 pointed out.
They also do shit like using Travel speed for combat speed and refuse to use any "power scaling"
>>
>>90079538
My point isn't if he's faster or not, My point is they literally fucked with their own "scale" to make Goku slower than he's supposed to be. According to their "calculations" Goku would be much faster than supes if they didn't fuck with their own fucking scale.
>>
>>90079510
>those comments
>that dislike bar
>That choice of music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHAWC867sAw
>>
>>90079704
Some of these are entirely correct.
Alot aren't though.
Still pretty funny.
>>
>>90079739
At least he acknowledged that
>The list is a bit outdated since Super came out, and some of these admittedly characters shouldn't be here anyway, but for the most part it remains right.
>Despite my bias against Dragon Ball Z, all characters featured here are legitimate in their power. Feel free to add any that I forgot!
>Characters I forgot to add include The Great Evil Beast, Michael, Oblivion, Adam Warlock, The Beyonder, Giorno Giovanna, Enrico Pucci and a whole heap of Saint Seiya and Stephan King characters. Infact there are enough to make at least one other video.
>Characters who shouldn't be here in anycase are Saitama, Lelouch, Light, Gamera and Lilith. My mistake.
>>
>>90079790
Oh yeah definitely.
I think he should also take out Godzilla IMO.
But yeah it feels like a bit of a joke since Kamina is on there.
That said I don't even regognise half the characters.
>>
>>90075275
Beerus literally came looking for a fight in the first place and almost blew up the planet before Golf showed up for the second fight
>>
>>90076047
Holy shit in the dub he spared him because he was compassionate
>>
>>90079704
>>90079739
>>90079790

He should have thrown weak characters at the end just to troll.
>>
>>90078730
>Goku in his most powerful state gets KOed by a fucking lazer.
In the same way Supes was put into a coma by Doomsday. Unless you missed that beating be relieved from Frieza before.
>>
>>90077291
Wtf you talking about? Superman is more relatable than Kakarott
>>
>>90076772
Superman killed people before. Scarcely, because he prefer imprisonthem / let them be (because morals), but it happened. le superman does not kill is a meme.
>>
>>90077384
> Also they are making Goku a literal retard for some reason
It's like Goku was dropped on his head as a baby or something
>>
>>90080039
Eh, Supes is an alien trying to live as a human who's facing trials and tribulations because of it.
Goku is an alien with a simple dream and goal like most people: to be the best at something.
>>
>>90080122
Don't bother. Most people who say he wasn't that retarded only watched the dub of Z.
>>
>>90078666
I actually feel the exact opposite on this page. Superman singing Darkseid to death doesn't sound very cool, but in context it was awesome as fuck.
>>
>>90080171
He's an immigrant trying to balance home and heritage.
>>
>>90079985
The dub tried making him more like Superman.

Goku under Toriyama is NOT a hero. He's pure-spirited, but that is NOT the same.

>>90080019
Not really. 90's Superman was weak as fuck. In his fight with Doomsday he's hurt by an exploding gas station.

The thing is most Superman under most writers would lose to Goku, but the high end Grant Morrison/Joe Casey Supermen would bitchslap Goku because those Supermen's stories aren't about physical challenges.

You have to specify who is writing Superman for the fight. I don't think Grant Morrison Superman CAN lose. Like I think his "greatest story from the germ worlds" thing implies he will always win no matter the odds.

>>90080039
I'm just saying what Deathbattle said. They honestly believed that Goku was more relateable because Goku "has to work" to be powerful.

Did I mention "Boomstick" keeps a Goku plushie?

>>90080046
John Byrne Superman killed. Joe Casey Superman was a self-proclaimed pacifist. Grant Morrison Superman is a saint who in an alternate time line killed himself after killing an out of control Doomsday Lois (his JLA run). Alan Moore Superman was capable of killing as a last resort but gave up being Superman because of it.

Siegel and Shuster Superman killed gangster and soldiers but tried to avoid it if possible. Otto Binder Silver Age Superman had a hard rule against killing.

Yes, there are Supermen that kill. But generally it's not something most of them do, or at least something they take very seriously.
>>
>>90075254
Captain Marvel was an overpowered superhero before Superman was.

DC made Superman more like Captain Marvel in response.
>>
>>90078666
Comic books have bad art, more at 11
>>
>>90080300
It was less that and more they recruited Otto Binder (the guy that wrote a lot of Captain Marvel stories) to write Superman and he cranked up the power levels. You have to remember under him came the Fortress of Solitude, Supergirl, Kandor, Brainiac, lot of Superman lore.
>>
>>90075203
>goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"
This is correct
>>
File: YamchaSpiritBall.png (213KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
YamchaSpiritBall.png
213KB, 576x432px
Fuck off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_zFYnnn2Y
>>
>>90080253
Superman is a Kryptonian who came to Earth and finds a balance between being man and super, human and Kryptonian. In the Silver Age he tended more toward being Kyptonian, in the modern age more human, but he always tried to a son of both worlds.

Compare that to Goku. Goku is a Saiyan who came to Earth and became a good Saiyan. You can tell his thought processes are different than humans. He never really assimilated like Superman. He never really joined the human race.
>>
>>90075203
OP, did you actually read the manga? Or watch something other than the original Filmation dub?

Goku is kind of a dick. Toriyama was actually mad when they made him more heroic in the anime since Goku is supposed to be a wuxia style protagonist and not the typical full on friendship hero.
>>

That's what he always was, you retarded weeb. Goku is a shithead that was always disregarded the lives of his family, friends, and millions of innocents because he was a self-absorbed meathead.
>>
File: Goku is a fight hungry idiot.png (755KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Goku is a fight hungry idiot.png
755KB, 1024x1536px
>>90075203
>>90080599
>>
>>90075275
Risking the existence of Earth is nothing now. He's risked the existence of almost every universe because he wanted someone new to fight. Entire universes.

and OP doesn't like how some site "portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot".
>>
>>90075203

Go watch Super. The most recent arc he literally puts the entire multiverse at stake for the hopes of a good fight. Even when everyone told him not to and explained why.
>>
>>90075203
if you watch super, that's literally the case though. the entire multiverse is on the brink of annihilation because goku cant put his damn fight boner away.
>>
>>90081248
>>90081283

To be fair, he's been a bigger idiot in Super than he was in DB or Z.
>>
File: IMG_2546.jpg (123KB, 732x674px)
IMG_2546.jpg
123KB, 732x674px
What if Goku had the intellect of Superman?
>>
I wish screw attack would stop with these mismatches already.
For a series called deathbattle they never have the characters try to kill each other hard enough for my tastes.
Like goku for instance has hardly killed anybody and believes in giving second chances to mass murderers for the sake of sport. The exception being really bad people like cell and kid buu.
While superman doesnt always want to kill. He will kill without hesitation.

If this fight wasnt so pandering to one side it'd be over in an instant with goku just using instant transmiition to just break supermans neck at the first chance. Or supeman just breaking gokus arms and legs before vaporizing him. Whats the point of dragging a 5 minute unentertaining fight out when its clear who would actually kill the other almost immediately should the situation occur.
>>
>>90076146
Yes
>>
>Use one often debunked scene form the worst arc of DBZ to describe Goku's powerlevel
>Use literally every conceivable instance of Superman's canon (including alternate universes which cannot intersect) to describe Supe's power

I didn't care before I watched the video, but the fanboyism was just disgustingly apparent. Now I'm genuinely mad forever.

Goku has no weaknesses and can read minds, he could just put some kryptonite in his fingernails or blow up the sun. Only under extremely specific conditions would Supes even stand a chance.
>>
File: Morpheus (1).png (108KB, 438x254px) Image search: [Google]
Morpheus (1).png
108KB, 438x254px
Post a /co/ character other than superman who could beat goku
>>
>>90075203
I mean, Goku would win against modern supes, lose against old supes and future supes.

Pretty cut and dry to me.
>>
>>90081735

Uncle grandpa.
>>
>>90075203
Both are to retardedly inconsistent and op to have good fights or be interesting characters.
>>
>>90077291
I think it was Chad that said Goku was a better character than Supes--Ben mentioned on a podcast that researching Supes gave him a greater appreciation of the character, and he understands that it's the Man part, and not the Super part, that makes him so compelling.
>>
>>90081551
For entertainment?

The show wouldn't be nearly as popular if most of the fights were over within seconds.
>>
>>90081343
He also spared Vegeta, who tried to destroy the planet 5 minutes ago because he he wants to fight him again.
>>
File: coily4.jpg (22KB, 273x366px) Image search: [Google]
coily4.jpg
22KB, 273x366px
>>90081735
>>
>>90081636
>Goku has no weaknesses

He has durability of tissue paper if he's not concentrating - to the point he can be hurt by hand guns and almost killed by lasers.

He can't survive without Oxygen

There's two weaknesses for start.

>can read minds,

You mean that power he used once and completely forgot about?

> he could just put some kryptonite in his fingernails or blow up the sun

Both vastly out of power and the second would kill Goku and not Superman as Goku would suffocate and Superman has been shown surviving the destruction of stars.
>>
>>90081636
Goku doesn't know what kryptonite is
>>90082831
>He can't survive without Oxygen
I haven't been following Super
Seriously still?
>>
>>90080297
>The dub tried making him more like Superman.
>Goku under Toriyama is NOT a hero. He's pure-spirited, but that is NOT the same.

Then Toriyama retcons the Bardock Special and makes DB Minus, which turns Goku more into a japanese version of superman.
>>
>>90075203
The real issue is Arale vs. Mister Mxyzptlk
>>
>>90082940
Majin Buu vs. Mister Mxyzptlk is better
>>
>>90082736
Yeah but they have a huge section of the video dedicated to just facts that anybody could google. Or would be already known by fans. They usually takes up 60% to 70% of the video. Then they give an "explanation" that takes up 10% leaving at least 20% to 30% of actual boring fight montage thats almost always one sided.
>>
>>90076676
>Superman can do Flash's phasing trick, Goku literally can't touch him.
Say what?
>>
>>90083462
Flash can vibrate his molecules to phase through objects
>>
File: Goku vs Nappa.jpg (309KB, 1776x667px) Image search: [Google]
Goku vs Nappa.jpg
309KB, 1776x667px
Adaptational Heroism

>According to Toriyama this holds true even for the original Japanese anime. He was dissatisfied by the “righteous hero”-type portrayal the anime gave him. In the manga, Goku is supposed to be depicted as someone who doesn't fight for others, but fights for himself to get stronger. He wanted to depict someone who isn't a classic hero and can even be seen as not being a good person because of his selfish desire (a little bit of poison that sneaks through his character as Toriyama puts it).
>However, even going purely off the manga, this depiction of Goku is lost in translation since most of Goku's motives still nonetheless pertain to protecting or avenging his family and friends, and he does help people he barely knows when it didn't completely relate to fighting; like storming Muscle Tower to repay Suno for saving him from freezing to death and avenging Upa's father who was murdered by Tao before taking down the Red Ribbon Army, and getting the Dragon Balls to revive him. He wanted to fight the Saiyans not because they were powerful, but because they were going to murder everyone he knew. He didn't want to help fight Buu, despite having the power to do so, because he didn't want his friends to depend on him to save them, which if he was completely selfish he wouldn't care and fight Buu for the sake of having a good battle. It could be said that Toriyama's original intentions for Goku ended up evolving into something slightly different as Character Development took over. Basically, Goku is a hero who at his core has a good, kind heart that cares for others and wants to protect them, but he also has selfish personal motives that can override his better judgement.
>>
File: Dragon Ball - V16C226 - Page 14.png (435KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball - V16C226 - Page 14.png
435KB, 1024x1536px
>>90076047
>>90080746
>>90080599
I love how retards always try to use this as an argument, ignoring the fact that Goku during most of Part 2 always tried to avoid killing people.
>>
>>90084116
Thats what i mean. Why have goku in a deathbattle situation in the first place if he isnt willing to kill like that? Shits pointless. Almost as pointless as having cammy fight sonya. When cammy doesnt even use lethal force like her.
>>
File: Goku and beerus clash.png (3MB, 952x2852px) Image search: [Google]
Goku and beerus clash.png
3MB, 952x2852px
>>90075203
It's time
>>
File: goku vs superman.png (4MB, 2440x4232px) Image search: [Google]
goku vs superman.png
4MB, 2440x4232px
>>90084503
>>
File: The Value of Life.png (470KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
The Value of Life.png
470KB, 1024x1536px
>>90084343
>>
>>90084469
All characters have their personality removed when it comes to killing in Death Battle. It's why Spider-Man kicked his way through a webbed up Batman's chest and why Wargreymon incinerated a 12 year old and his pet dragon.

Does this mean we're essentially dealing with murder-puppets with the characters' powersets instead of the actual characters themselves? Yes.

>>90084503
>>90084554
>Punching a planet is Superman's greatest feat

Not even in the top fifty anon. Please read more comics.

Here he is killing a being so big universes couldn't contain his corpse without the shear gravity causing a black hole that ate the multiverse (multiverse got better).

>>90077472

He killed him by singing.
>>
File: Senzu Beans.jpg (457KB, 1449x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Senzu Beans.jpg
457KB, 1449x1388px
Reminder that Goku in the DBS anime is a flanderized piece of shit, where as in the DBS manga he is more in line with the original Goku.
>>
>>90084730
Insert "he was always like this" cmment here
>>
>>90077472
Did Morrison really say that?

COMIN OUT OF MY CAGE AND I BEEN DOING JUST FINE
>>
>>90085035
Yes. Can't find the exact interview but he said it.
>>
File: 1421541463764.png (59KB, 167x195px)
1421541463764.png
59KB, 167x195px
>>90084730
>>90084863
>mfw someone brings up "he was hit on the head" argument

Literally how to tell someone has never paid attention to the source material. It's not unusual for Goku to be clever, use common sense and remember important details. It's undeniable that Super made him a complete idiot.
>>
>>90084116
>He didn't want to help fight Buu, despite having the power to do so, because he didn't want his friends to depend on him to save them
That's kind of a dick move.
>>
I never really understand how anything in DC can stand a chance against Superman if he's really that strong.
>>
>>90080196
He wasn't too smart, but not outright retarded and irresponsible. He resembled an actual adult for the most part in Buu saga.
>>
File: 1683660-47358461jr8.jpg (1MB, 2048x1574px) Image search: [Google]
1683660-47358461jr8.jpg
1MB, 2048x1574px
>>90084554
altering reality in the fuckin Multiverse
>>
>>90085223
Let's look at the threats of Morrison's JLA run:

1.Hyperclan arc. White Martians. Essentially a team of Superman+ clones.

2. Heaven arc. Superman sends the first part shoving the moon back while a demon prince shoves it to the Earth with magic and the second part wrestling evenly with an angel general. Angels are strong as fuck in DC, look at Spectre.

3.The Key arc. The Key ambushes the JLA with psychic hax and traps them into dreams banking on the fact that the JLA always win, even in dreams, to solve a problem for him.

4.Rock of Ages arc: Lex Luthor makes a bomb to destroy him and Martian Manhunter while they're trapped in a space station psychic illusions created by The Joker. They then stomp his Injustice Gang flat. Batman buys out Lexcorp. In an alternate future he kills himself over grief after killing a Doomsday Lois Lane.

5.Prometheus arc. Prometheus plan is to force Superman to kill himself or he'll execute hostages. We never get to see what Superman does because he's blindsided by Catwoman proving that he can't prepare for everything. Given that other League members were able to get out of his traps his plan against Superman probably wouldn't have worked.

6.Adam Strange arc. The League is kidnapped and made into space slaves by mind hax.

7.Starro Arc. The League is trapped in the Dream portion of the godsphere by a Starro so powerful he swatted Orion. They work with Daniel-Dream to defeat it.

8. Ultramarines Arc. Superman was never really threatened. The arc was about the philosophy of government sponsored superteams, not combat.

9.Crisis Times Five arc. The enemy is a 5D imp so powerful he kicked Spectre's ass.

10. World War 3 arc. The enemy is a giant death-weapon made of anti-sunlight that killed the gods of the 3rd world. Superman ate him.
>>
>>90085223
>>90085665
So generally Anon the answer is:

1. The story isn't always about whether something stands a chance against Superman (Ultramarines, Tomorrow Woman one-shot, Prometheus)

2. Mindhax (The Key, Adam Strange)

3. The enemy is just as powerful if not more so than Superman (White Martians, Angels, Starro, 5D imps, Mageddon)
>>
>>90082931
How does his origin affect the fact he isn't a hero in the traditional sense?
>>
>>90084557
That doesn't take away the fact that he is selfish. After he let Vegeta go, Vegeta recovered and murdered dozens of innocent namekians in the most brutal way.
>>
>>90075203
That was the Dub though, Goku has always been a bit of a Sociopath obsessed with fighting strong opponents, you are just tainted by the Dub.
>>
>>90076980
>>90076055
Didn't he have the help of Captain Marvel/Shazam?
>>
>>90087963
>Didn't he have the help

Yes. But consider that half of infinity is infinity and that Ultraman who is said several times in the story to be just Superman but evil is able to lift it above his head.
>>
>>90088080
Isn't Infinity just a amount of something that is impossible to count? half of Infinity while still Infinity would be half the infinity that people claims it to be.
>>
>>90088232
Well now we're getting pretty abstract aren't we?

But it was clear Superman was doing most of the work-whatever that would be-because Captain Marvel was the only one complaining about the strain and the only one that got fucked up by lifting it (he got turned back into Billy and couldn't remember Shazam for awhile).

And of course Ultraman, literally just Superman but evil, was able to lift it.
>>
>>90075842
Goku was always that way, In Dragon Ball when he first fights piccolo Jr. he wins by just the slightest margin and then he revives Jr so he can get stronger and put up a better fight next time the guy just wants the next battle he's not looking for anything serious just a better ight
>>
>>90075203
but being a fight hungry idiot is Goku's entire existence. His allys make a constant point of it and he even stays dead because he attracts strong people. Hell, he's even sentenced every universe's existence to extermination just so he can have a good fight.
>>
>>90085195
Not in the manga the series is making him look, more like an idiot for the laugh in the manga like a lot anons have said, Goku is just a douche sometimes
>>
>>90085501
>Tiger suit Supes vs Emo Supes

Is this real life?
>>
>>90075203
>but I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"

But that's exactly what Goku is. Don't let your nostalgia blind you.
>>
>>90088448
We got the best buu fight ever out of it though.
The worst that could happen is the universes actually do get erased. But it could all be a ruse.
>>
>>90088740
>Could all be a ruse

Would this be more or less satisfying than the predicted ending of Goku convincing Zen-Oh to start the tournament again and again for entertainment and fun?
>>
>>90088823
Oh my god that'd be quite funny.
I mean with rebooted universes the possibilities are endless for new fighters and fights.
>>
File: IMG_5018.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5018.png
1MB, 1334x750px
Lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DealmCM53gU
>>
Maybe this is the reason why Beerus have to destroy the saiyans, he waslazy and order Frieeza to do it and let a bunch of them scape and this is the result
>>
>>90081735
>"Oh hey, didn't I see one pic of Goofy kicking some DB character easily? I wonder where it is..."
>Try to search it up.
>Get this: https://youtu.be/I84qZ851T9o

What did I stumble upon?
>>
>>90075203
>I don't like how they portrayed Goku as just this fight hungry idiot

but he IS a fight hungry idiot.
>>
>>90090711
in super
>>
>>90090777
Nah he was mostly a fight hungry idiot

>Wanted to face Vegeta again and risk the earth again because fights
>Leaving Frieza alone
>Giving Cell a senzu bean
>Refuses to take the hint that his son doesn't love to fight like he does until Piccolo has to fucking yell at him about it while his son is getting murdered
>Doesn't take down Buu early on because he wants his kids to do it having basically learned nothing from his situation with Gohan
>>
File: popeye feats.jpg (1MB, 761x5370px) Image search: [Google]
popeye feats.jpg
1MB, 761x5370px
>>90081735
HE'S TOUGH TO THE FINISH
CAUSE HE EATS HIS SPINACH
>>
>>90090917

Don't forget early Dragonball. Giving Piccolo a Senzu after he won. At least in that case, it was partly because he didn't want Kami to suffer and lose the Dragonballs
>>
>>90080452
No, he definitely assimilated, Earth is his home and he does care about his friends and family.
>>
>>90077291
>pines after the hot babe
>marries that hot babe
>>
>>90084557
>>90086489
Goku was satisfied beforehand and tried to leave early with cruel mercy and Freeza's pride being shattered.

This is just the same case, only with Goku saying he could learn to not be such a dick.
>>
>>90085501
Is that a version of supes with the speedforce?
He's already technically a speedster, he doesn't need it.
>>
>>90080171

Goku has no trails other than the fight. Everything else in his life falls into his lap. There isn't much inspiration to be found in him other than getting swole
>>
>>90075203

OP have you been watching Dragon Ball Super? Goku just made it so 11 universes are going to die just so he could keep fighting.
>>
he is a fight hungry retard though they just made him a paragon hero guy in the dub.
>>
>>90084730
Bump
>>
>>90075894

Supes spares villians like Parasite and Metallo because they're arguably insane and he thinks they can be helped. Darkseid, Doomsday and Brainac are all fair game whenever they show up
>>
>>90085329
Vegeta cares for gohan more than goku, goku is a mess.
>>
>>90088876
>ss4
Gt was fanfiction and never was part of the story. Go ahead and try to disprove me, Ill be waiting for the manga pages to be posted.
>>
>>90075243
Scout vs Tracer kinda pissed me off
>Hits her with instant kill
>She lives!
>>
File: aralebreaksfourthwall.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aralebreaksfourthwall.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
How badly would Superman lose to Arale?
>>
>>90090917
>>Refuses to take the hint that his son doesn't love to fight like he does until Piccolo has to fucking yell at him about it while his son is getting murdered

I loved this. He just spent a year with his son and he didn't understand him at all. Lot's of people don't understand Gohan though. I saw one retard here say Gohan's character arc was about him going from a cry baby to a badass warrior. How do you miss the point that hard?
>>
>>90092873
>tracer time jumps 11 times when she can only do it three times
>bonk makes scout invulnerable instead of giving him super speed
just to start with the problems.....
>>
>>90092832

Who cares. It's better than that Super shit show
>>
>>90092940
Stfu spic, go back to fapping to your cp and screaming fanfic.
>>
>>90088876

>Debunked

I feel bad for people that this shit triggers them. The guys at Deathbattle have no more authority on who would win than anybody else
>>
>>90075203
Don't take Death Battle to heart. They literally crammed every Link into one when he fought Cloud, and did the same thing with Superman
>>
>>90092975

>We need to go Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and get the Super Dragon Balls and summon Super Shenron

It's fucking shit mate
>>
>>90093027

>Cram in every link
>Cloud just get's a buster sword and starting materia

That was some bullshit
>>
>>90093036
>we need to turn vegeta into a mexican and badguy again
>we need to have goku be a kid again, except when hes super cool ssj4!
keep crying baby beaner
>>
>>90093113

And even with that shit it's better than Super
>>
>>90093185
Hey I only saw a translation where every joke and pun was removed Id like bad fanfiction too. Also you better keep your volume low or the cartel will make an example of you.
>>
>>90093314

Is GT big in Mexico or something
>>
>>90075275
He also risked the earth by giving Cell a senzu bean because muh fair fight.
>>
>>90092492
What red and blue supes?
If I remember right they're from an arc where Superman split in two.
So that's technically the same superman fighting himself.

That's if I did actually remember things right.
>>
>>90093343
Dragonball in general is.
It's always some taco trash that thinks GT isn't the worst part of this franchise too.
>>
>>90075203

>this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"

Yes, that's how he's supposed to be. The anime portrayed him differently, but that doesn't matter because in this case the manga is the source material and the anime was just an adaptation.
>>
>>90095045
Bullshit even spics know that GT was shit and Dragon ball was the superior series, so this one have to be one of this autistic beaners that thinks the movies are canon
>>
>>90095045
GT's opening in spanish is great,and there were some good parts definetly. GT is trashed on too much.
>>
>>90075858
>Isn't Toriyama forgetful?

Who is Launch?
>>
>>90075203
Given that their main argument is that Superman has unlimited power because of that one scene from S:TAS, it probably would have made more sense to pit Superman vs Broly, since the latter's power is maximum. Or Superman vs Saitama, since Saitama's broken his limits as well.

Seriously though, their main point was that Superman's potential was unlimited. Even in the rematch with a Goku who was supposedly near universe busting.
>>
>>90076980
What was the floor made of to be able to withstand the infinite force of Superman and co lifting infinity on it (for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction)?

And how infinite is the construction worker who built that floor that is able to withstand infinity? And how infinitely afraid should we be of the foreman of that floor tiler, given that the floor tiler of infinity had to take orders from said foreman?
>>
File: sensibuul_chuckle.png (1MB, 1522x1075px) Image search: [Google]
sensibuul_chuckle.png
1MB, 1522x1075px
>>90096916
He also forgot krillin existed for a bit at one point.
>>
>>90092874
As badly as that transformer vs that pony. Pufflepuff or something
>>
File: angry loli.png (253KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
angry loli.png
253KB, 640x360px
>>90075203
I hate what Dragon Ball has become.
Once it was a funny story about a boy with a tale going on silly adventures with his friends to collect magic balls to grant their wishes.

Now it's all just power levels and boring fight scenes that go nowhere.
I blame Toriyama for pandering to you faggots.
>>
>>90097486

The silly Adventures almost got him cancelled.

The Silly training for the tournament thing was what put Goku on the map. It was at that time when Krillin was introduced too.
>>
>>90097486
The Pilaf saga was basically Chinese Adventure Dr. Slump. A majority of it is sex and poop jokes with sleazy characters, and Goku is a more grounded male Arale.

The series hit its stride with the Tenkaichi Budokai and the Red Ribbon Army. I'd argue the series still retained a sense of adventure until the very end of Namek, it's really with Cell and Buu where the focus becomes centered completely around stopping a single villain while dicking around Kami's Lookout.
>>
>>90097166
He was in Limbo, no one built it. The place has always existed and will always exist
>>
>>90077384
Goku's been starved for tough opponents and it's driving him stircrazy

He's got Vegeta
Training with Whis which isn't fun but neccessary
And maybe a fight with Beerus that may destroy the universe if they fight wrong

Piccolo doesn't want to spar
Gohan's not a workout
Krillan's weak
Goten and Trunks aren't worth sparring

After years of not having fun and knowing about the multiverse and seeing Hit it's no wonder that Goku would be excited at checking out what the multiverse can offer.

Also it's not like the Zens wouldn't have remembered eventually, Goku introducing future zen to present zen just delayed the inevitable.
>>
>>90094951
Goku's fanatical belief in fairness in battle is something he's always had.
>>
>>90075203
>treating the dub as canon
>>
>>90075203
Whenever DB arrives at the correct conclusion, they almost always portray why they win very poorly.
>>
>>90075203
>they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"
He is literally that, now in Super he doomed 11 universes because of muh fights.
>>
>>90075203

Goku is a Saiyan. Head injury or no, what you described is something Saiyans often do. Warrior race, remember?

(Oh, and it's Freeza. Get it right, you uncultured philistine.)
>>
File: 1452916448630.png (860KB, 1181x666px) Image search: [Google]
1452916448630.png
860KB, 1181x666px
>>90084554
>Punched a tiny ball of fire
>THAT WAS UNIVERSAL!!!!!!!!
That garbage logic doesn't convince anyone.
>>
Not enough people here has watched the DBZ Kai dub.
>>
>>90085329
He literally thought bringing Roshi a chick to bang was training. He fucking checked Bulma out looking for a tail and a dick despite his grandpa not having a tail. He had 0 clue what the fuck marriage was.

That's just his retardation in the original series.
>>
Ahhh... Now I remember why I hate people bringing up Screwattack version of Superman. It's like comparing an amalgam of Superman vs just Goku. And nerfed Goku in fact. Nerf to hell.
>>
>>90084635
The only reasonable post here. Here's your (you) good gentleman
>>
>>90075203
Can't we all just say Death Battle sucks outside of a few fights.

Because it does.

>>90076146
You mean it like it always wasn't just that.
>>
>>90100276
they almost always have one character going all-out in a why hypothetically possible but not both of them
the one they want to win is an idealized fighting genius version which only exists in fanfiction while the loser has any and every arbitrary weakness they can track down in source material even if it only came up once, like Raiden's HF blade being able to cut adamantium because it kinda sorta matches the description of Misty Knight's arm
>>
>>90100511
> Gaara vs Toph almost killed me.
>>
>>90100580
That fight was such horse shit
>>
>>90097105
Saitama is pretty much Power Man from that Mspaint comic so I doubt they would pit against any one in their videos
>>
>>90075203
>Here you can clearly see that Goku says that he spared Frieza hoping he would change from his evil ways, not because he wanted to fucking fight him again in the future.
Yeah no you are ignoring what toriyama has said in interviews.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne_rdkDv2zc&t=308s
>>
>>90101162
In the manga he literally gives Frieza a chance to escape and hopes that he will learn from his mistakes and appreciate the value of life.
>>
>>90100276
Kek, canon Goku got hurt by a laser and bullet.
>>
>>90075365
And what about the new arc where goku is directly responsible for the possible destruction of 11 universes just so he can fight strong people?
>>
>>90102397
Easy

Super is shit
>>
>In original Drahonball Goku is a father respectful of Chichi's wishes for Gohan to be a fighter
>he even states he's getting a bit bothered by not training

>Super
>LMAO what's kissing, why are you waiting for your wife to give birth Vegeta
>Goten I'm going to train do my farming for me
>>
>>90102473
*to be a scholar not a fighter
>>
>>90102397
He's not directly responsible, no one even knows what prompted then zens to want to destroy the losers, since they probably didn't come to it on their own.

From the last episode it looks like Whis's father interprets their wishes and decided to have Zen obliterate the losers on his own.
>>
>>90075203
you're just confused by the dub where Goku isn't a retard
>>
>>90090967
So, how resistant to damage is Bluto?
Because he was at least punched into several stars and survived.
>>
>>90102473
>respectful of Chichi's wishes for Gohan to be a fighter
>>he even states he's getting a bit bothered by not training
What are you talking about? Goku never cared about Gohan's studies the closest thing you have is I think the Cooler or Turles movie where he tells him to finish so they can go camping.
Even then Chi Chi thought Goku was going insane because it was so out of character for him to care.
>>
>>90102698
On that note have we seen the Zeno actually say those are the stakes?
I mean they haven't even sorted out proper rules.
>>
>>90103290
No we have not.
>>
for a show thats supposed to have an entertaining fight segment they sure don't deliver on that part
>>
File: image.png (952KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
952KB, 600x1000px
>>90081735
This nigga always comes back to life, no matter how many times you kill him.
>>
>>90092873
>>90092931
The animation is just for fun and was never intended to accurately portray how the fight would go, it's just meant to look good. They explained this years ago.
>>
>>90097105
>Their main point was that Superman's potential was unlimited

Have you see the stuff he does in Final Crisis, posted in this thread?
>>
>>90100276
>Amalgam Superman

That's pretty much what post-crisis Superman is. He's an amalgamation of different writers' runs on the character.

The Superman they were talking about IS an amalgamation.
>>
>>90099746
>Blatantly ignoring context
Watch the show Superfag
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.