[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don't want any actual story or character progression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: gee.jpg (311KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gee.jpg
311KB, 1280x720px
>Don't want any actual story or character progression because it apparently makes it less appealing for syndication due to having to air it in order for some reason.
>Still keeps pushing the setting forward in time, resulting in a result which is actually jarring and disconcerting, unlike actual progression which, (unless you are literally mentally disabled) would not be hard for most people to understand the concept that the episodes are not being ordered chronologically

I don't know who is at fault for this, but it is basically what has lead to the Simpsons becoming what it is today. It should have been cancelled if they really wanted it this way.
>>
File: you want some? come get some!.jpg (58KB, 715x479px) Image search: [Google]
you want some? come get some!.jpg
58KB, 715x479px
happened with medabots, but the plot managed to run its course somewhat unscathed.
>>
File: 1477417438587.png (94KB, 249x253px) Image search: [Google]
1477417438587.png
94KB, 249x253px
>>90048457
>resulting in a result
>>
>>90048457
>Still keeps pushing the setting forward in time
Pretty much every long running comic and cartoon does this. It is jarring but no one seems to dare do anything different because that ends up jarring too.
>>
>>90048767
Resulting verb and result noun, which while clunky, is still technically correct, right? Maybe?

Anyway, it would have been better if I had said resulting in an effect or situation maybe.
>>
>>90048752
What do you mean? That the dub had a fucked up ordering?
>>
File: krosserdog_by_pjobo-d5l253c.png (54KB, 428x536px) Image search: [Google]
krosserdog_by_pjobo-d5l253c.png
54KB, 428x536px
yep, many episodes from season 1 were missing and were aired as part of season 2, like half of them.
an obvious hint was Spike walking around with his old Medabot in one episode when he already changed to a new one in a previous one..
>>
>>90049769
I don't get why so many people think the dub was good, it was pretty shit.
>>
>>90049950
is not jelly doughnuts levels of offensive, the dub acknowledged the series took place in japan.
>>
>>90048457
The quality has nothing to do with a lack of developing plot or character. Also both are disconcerting in different ways. When I watch those Simpsons blocks it's painful to watch a slow descent from golden age to zombie age. But if there was plot and it was a 3 season jump that'd be a jump.
>>
>>90050049
That's not really that much, even if it's better than the Youkai Watch dub that has changed it to take place somewhere in the US which is pants on head retarded considering how dependent the series is on Japanese culture.

They still changed way too fucking much though, I recommend you watch SquareSubs new sub.
>>
>>90048457
To be honest, while this is technically a problem, it's more because of when the Simpsons was made that led to this. It's a sitcom; the fact that an animated show became such a huge thing in an of itself during the late 80s/early 90s is groundbreaking. But even live sitcoms/shows of the time mostly were not pursuing an over all story; the only exceptions I can think of offhand were Twin Peaks, X-files was mid nineties and the Highlander TV series kinda/sorta. But only one of those really necessitated that you watch it from beginning to end, anyway.

Even though the show was a game changer, it was still bound by some cultural norms/expectations. Guest star characters who,despite taking things in new directions or giving Simpsons character development, were never almost never seen from again through most of the good Simpsons runs. This left any moments the characters had stuck in that particular episode.

Hell, Fry from Futurama said it best/most cynically: "But that's not why people watch TV. Clever things make people feel stupid, and unexpected things make them feel scared." and "It was just a matter of knowing the secret of all television: at the end of the episode, everything is back to normal." That's the sort of shit the writers and show runners were dealing with during the Golden Age simpsons and weren't able to progress it any more than simply getting the show to air.
>>
>>90048457
> complaining about later Simpsons
This circlejerk should be a permaban. Nothing new is said or thought.

No, seriously fuck (You).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.