[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Trollhunters get better? I got to about episode 4 I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (737KB, 780x548px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
737KB, 780x548px
Does Trollhunters get better?

I got to about episode 4 I'm not sure if it's just because it's episodic or shit but I can't get into it. The characters seemed a bit one note or something. I love Guillermo Del Toro though and the monster designs and set designs are fantastic.
>>
>>90047142
It gets less episodic but its still generic as shit
>>
File: th.jpg (211KB, 983x835px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
211KB, 983x835px
>>90047142
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/812729-trollhunters-season-2-greenlit-with-anton-yelchins-voice-work#/slide/1

Good to know they were planning ahead.
>>
>>90047142
>I love Guillermo Del Toro
>and the monster designs and set designs are fantastic
That's your answer, right there. I think it's a boring fucking show, really.

Also, a lot of people seem surprised that the show's pretty bad, but also forget that Del Toro is now famous and successful, so he's gotten a bit complaisant with some of his projects.
>>
>>90047142
no it does not get any better. Its like a movie stretched out into 24 eps so there is not much development
>>
>>90047160
>>90047195

Damn that's a fuckign shame. All this creative visual talent was wasted.

All he does is anti trump shit posts on twitter nowadays.
>>
>>90047142

Alot of the trolls look like Kaiju from Pacific Rim
>>
It was boring until episode 12 or so
>>
>>90047142
It's ok...but I can't STAND the character design on Toby. His proportions are all wrong. If he's so fat he has no neck, how are his legs so scrawny and his arms and legs so short? Everyone else (human) is simply a character. More slender than is healthy compared to real life, but not unnacceptable. Toby is a fucking TOON, and just annoying to look at.
>>
>>90047142
>Trollhunters
>episodic
Are you high? That's a legitimate question
>>
>>90047189
He's such a dull character I'm sure I wouldn't even notice if his voice changed.
>>
>>90047142

It's like a video game that never gets past the tutorial stage...
>>
>>90047195
Del Toro's not even the direct showrunner. Rodrigo Blaas (who voices Chompsky) is.
>>
>>90047142
Honestly, I think the show's the best if you don't set your standards too high, just because of Del Toro's name attachment.
After watching the season, what I think they went for was setting up a lot of tropes...then trying to deliberately turn them on their heads. Which is fine, really, it makes a lot of the show entertaining, in its own way.
The voices, art direction, and character arcs are definitely its strongest points.

I'd say it gets better, but you can't be hoping for something akin to Dreamworks at its best (i.e the HTTYD movies). Ultimately it's a series that's formatted to be like a TV show, to the point where it turns into a bit of a 'grab the macguffins' plot by the mid-season, so know that in advance, too.

tl;dr It's a show where the character development and/or visuals are the strongest point. If you're not attached to either by a few episodes in, I'd say ditch it.
>>
Even though it released in 26 episodes, it was written in 13 episode arcs.
So while the first arc is all about learning the powers that are so new to him, things start to pick up in the second arc.
>>
We need more female changelings and trolls. By the by...why do they use male pronouns when referring to ARRRGH?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.