[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look into your heart and know it to be true. Why are there barely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1487456441443.jpg (321KB, 857x1507px) Image search: [Google]
1487456441443.jpg
321KB, 857x1507px
Look into your heart and know it to be true.
Why are there barely any good "adult" animation?
>>
>>90043610
Literally perfect and completely irrefutable.
>>
>>90043610
Moral Orel was meh
>>
>>90043610
It's because we put the description of "adult" on wacky sex-filled comedy cartoons that cartoons are not taken more seriously
If you want better adult cartoons, stop correlating "adult" with "gross/crude humor"
>>
>>90043610
pic is missing bojack horseman
>>
>>90043610
Rick and morty?
>>
>>90043610
every time I feel like watching Xavier I don't have weed, and every time I have weed I forget Xavier exists
maybe I'll just try it with acid next weekend
>>
>>90047356
Family Guy tier
>>
File: duckman_what_the_hell_.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
duckman_what_the_hell_.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
>>90043610
Part of it might be as says, but there are some I remember watching on late night sat TV when commuting in Europe years ago:

- Aeon Flux
- Daria
- Duckman
- The Maxx
- Tripping the Rift
>>
>>90047729
Forgot to link:
might be as >>90046932 says
>>
>>90046932
But cartoons are not made to be taken seriously on the first place.
The problem is you're just a bunch of contrarian weebies who want to see your chinese stuff on western cartoons to project your manchild drama.
>>
>>90047729
>- Tripping the Rift
talk about a huge steaming pile of Shiieeeet. Drawn Together only worse.
>>
>>90047753
"not taken seriously" doesn't mean bottom of the barrel trash juice humor
>>
>>90047802
When shows are like that it's often because they are fully involved on comedy, and cartoons are basically made for comedy, not for your nekketsu-like manchild projections about shipping or 2deep dramatic scenes.

The reason because they are called adult cartoons it's because content like this are not allowed on children cartoons it's not hard to understand it.
>>
>>90043610
YOU SLUMBER-A-CUCUMBER
>>
>>90047771
Drawn Together was good but they are still autists who can't get this show and are focused on the offensive content to complains and compare this with family guy proving they never watched the show.

It's like watching Spongebob and putting attention to childish jokes only.
>>
>>90047729
a few more I remember from early 2000s European Sat TV:

- Futurama
- Full Metal Alchemist
- some other anime

>>90047771
What can I say? I liked it and it was popular in Belgium and Germany.

I also remember following the Blood+ anime.

For what (US) adults watch:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertpassikoff/2013/07/31/simpsons-1-most-watched-animated-show-among-18-49-year-olds-with-re-runs-worth-a-billion-dollars/#3a0ad54a5cf9

> most-desired of demographics (men and women, 18-49 years old), we asked about the animated TV series they watched most often, here’s how the top-10 ranked:

> Simpsons
> Archer
> Futurama
> Family Guy
> Bob’s Burgers
> Venture Brothers
> Aqua Teen Hunger Force
> South Park
> American Dad
> King of the Hill
>>
>>90047967
>Blood+
That was my first yuri ship before i knew what yuri was. The main girl and her friend that did track before the entire vampires, /ss/, twin, vietnam shit happened. Sorta broke my heart when the girl gave her those running shoes and talked about going to college or whatever.
>>
>>90043610
Remove Family Guy, bump Simpsons down one, fill space with American Dad.
>>
File: had to.jpg (219KB, 857x1805px) Image search: [Google]
had to.jpg
219KB, 857x1805px
>>
i never watched simpsons. i'm rather young and didn't care about it. so i watched three random episodes from season 4 and i found it really bad. every episodes is about standard family values or something that every idiot in the world can understand, the social critique is more thin if anything and doesn't dare to go far enough in order not to scare away its mass audience.

why is this so loved again? i really mean it
>>
>>90048555
How young?
>>
>>90048572
>>
>>90048555
>why is this so loved again?
the jokes. the family values stuff just provided a framework to deliver those jokes, it wasn't trying to redpill audiences or anything back then
>>
>>90043610
>Why are there barely any good "adult" animation?

Because there's an even lower bar set then normal. A normal kids show has restrictions that effectively force you to put in at least a modicum of effort to be passable. "Adult" cartoons on the other hand are anything but, and most just rely on shock value and believe that being crass is more then enough of a substitute for actual jokes. Actually good adult cartoons are extremely rare and are drowned out by by many shows that are absolute garbage like Mr. Pickles.
>>
>>90047729
-Your
-list
-didn't
-aged
-well
>>
>>90048618
This, "Golden Age" Simpsons didn't get too political and it was a good slice of life show. It didn't age itself into a corner too much (still a few dated gags now) but it had a great atmosphere, character development, and overall feel good.
>>
>>90043610
Not true. Most long running shows are good.(untill they get bad)
>>
>>90048637
you know, you could make a good joke about crass content, the problem of /co/ is they don't accept something is a joke just because it offend them.

it's also very hypocrite coming from 4chan people because literally everyones on this site laugh about shocking, retarded and mean spirited things.
>>
>>90049109
>the problem of /co/ is they don't accept something
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>90043610
Oh come on, Xavier was fun and all but it's all just goofy word play
>>
>>90043610
If you replace the last one (Xavier) with MLP FIM you would have nailed it.
>>
File: 1459737093689.png (376KB, 461x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459737093689.png
376KB, 461x450px
>>90049109
>implying all of 4chan is one giant hivemind rather than individuals clumped together into communities
>>
>>90049109
>the problem of /co/ is they don't accept something is a joke just because it offend them.

You honestly think anyone that regularly posts on 4chan is offended by anything within the realm of broadcast standards?

Isn't it more probable that the jokes just aren't working because the jokes are bad and that makes the "offensive" content seem like edginess for it's own sake?
>>
>>90049076
>Duckman

You're a faggot, stop posting.
>>
>>90049109
>it's also very hypocrite coming from 4chan people because literally everyones on this site laugh about shocking, retarded and mean spirited things.
>thinking anything on 4chan is actually funny instead of mildly amusing at best
>thinking actual entertainment that airs on TV should be held to the same standard as a Brazilian woodcutting website
>>
>>90043610
Should make the brain even smaller for Family Guy
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.