[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw Gravity Falls for the first time. Did they ever explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: gravity-falls.jpg (309KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
gravity-falls.jpg
309KB, 1000x563px
I just saw Gravity Falls for the first time.
Did they ever explain why Grunkle Stan has memories that clearly aren't his in Dreamscaperers? I only saw the episodes in the marathon, but that felt like a plot hole. Other than that, 10/10 series.
>>
File: 1487385117535.gif (288KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
1487385117535.gif
288KB, 500x308px
Some people have argued that he lived in his lie/fantasy for so long that he developed fake memories or just memories that he would create whenever he had to lie about his childhood in his 30 something years at the mystery jack pretending to be his brother ford.
That or it's just a plot hole that the writers overlooked.
>>
6/10 series
>>
>>90036130
you can have memories about other people, in the dreamscape memories of yourself look the same as memories of others, they're both portrayed like a holodeck program with the rememberer present
>>
So has /co/ just discussed this series to death, or what?
>>
>>90038685
>>90038831
I don't get it. I thought Gravity Falls was a beloved show. Why compare it to TTG? I mean I heard something about an obnoxious fanbase and incest shipping, but shitty fans and dumb fetishes don't stop people from discussing, say, Sonic.
>>
>>90036130

Which memories are we talking about?
>>
>>90041342
The ones where he has glasses as a kid/young adult.
>>
>>90036130
Speaking of, that episodes moral where it turns out Stan was being hard on Dipper to toughen him up like his own dad did to him took on a darker meaning after a Tale of Two Stans
>>
File: latest.png (784KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
784KB, 1280x720px
>>90041398

Right, the Latino prison scene.

Forgot about that.
>>
>>90041518
I was thinking the same thing. Was he afraid of Dipper being a weakling, or what he afraid of Dipper becoming another Stanford?
>>
>>90041652
Obviously he wore those to try to avoid getting beaten up in prison
>"you wouldn't hit a guy with glasses, right?"
>>90041991
I thought it was pretty clear that the weak little stan in his memory was stanford, with a LITTLE of himself folded in.
>>
>>90038685
>>90038831
i really hope you faggots are joking
>>
>>90042521
I am not.
>>
File: bikini.png (224KB, 728x942px) Image search: [Google]
bikini.png
224KB, 728x942px
>>90036130
Honestly they probably just hadn't decided on some things when they wrote and boarded that.
>>
>>90044461
they had already decided on a ton of things though going by some of the clues
>>
Fuck do I miss the old days. Season 2B was a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>90037299
This. Give or take a point depending on your generosity level.
>>
>>90038936
He means that /co/ spams GF threads like CN spams TTG episodes.
>>
>>90036130
Nope, it's just one of the many plot holes they didn't bother to clear up because they just wanted to end the series by the time they revealed Ford. It's honestly amazing just how fast this series turned into a train wreck once the main kystery was solved.
>>
>>90045442
Someone with tons of patience should watch the entire series and write down a list of all the unresolved plot holes.
>>
>>90036130
I suppose it must be a retcon. I wonder what the original idea for Stan's brother was in that case.
>>
>>90045442
>train wreck

let's not exaggerate
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.