[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly are Ra's' goals? In every story I see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ra's.png (1MB, 1321x900px) Image search: [Google]
ra's.png
1MB, 1321x900px
What exactly are Ra's' goals?

In every story I see him pop up, he always wants to dismantle civilization in some way, but it's never totally explained *why*. In adaptations it ranges from environmentalism to to some cycle of imperial downfall, but I haven't seen anything very clear from the comics themselves. And then of course sometimes the LoA are just treated as a mercenary group, further confusing things
>>
>>90036057
Eliminate human society, because they're corrupt, and save the earth's environment.
>>
wasn't he a criminal mastermind in morrisons run?
>>
>>90036402
No talia was
>>
I always thought it was meant to be a little vague, something about his ideals being so far fetched and out there he can't even explain/we can't even understand them because we're lower being.

Generally he wants to cull off human population mostly big metropolitan areas like Gotham that have great corruption and he feels examplify worst of human traits, because enviroment has tipped over and that's the only way he can see to save it.
>>
He's just crazy because of Lazarus abuse

>>90036427
He was described as the world's greatest criminal mastermind a couple times in the run
>>
>>90036500
But he didn't actually do anything in that run except come back from the dead
>>
>>90036057
Every so often the human population must be culled for whatever reason.
>>
He is a follower of Ibn Khaldun and Oswald Spengler. He believes that cities are population sinks where the smartest and brightest individuals go to meet their inevitable genetic extinction, while the countryside that feeds the city gradually becomes depleted and its population suffers from brain drain. After many generations of this, the population of a civilization will have become "Fellaheen", an Arabic word for farmer that in the Khaldun/Spenglerian tradition is used as a shorthand for "congenitally stupid peasant". This process transformed the Middle East, Ra's' homeland, from the cradle of civilizations into a politically and socially stunted basket case with a paucity of human capital. Ra's wants to break the cycle before all human populations undergo the process and the entire species sinks back into the long night of neolithic living
>>
>>90038997
Wicked.

Great explanation man. Not OP, but appreciate the legit answer.
>>
>>90038997
Wait, so you're telling me Ras is actually the hero?
>>
>>90036057
>In every story I see him pop up, he always wants to dismantle civilization in some way, but it's never totally explained *why*.
Wow, really? Cuz they had him outright explain his ecological motives several times on BTAS, and that was written by Denny O'Neil so it's as gospel as it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc_7uLfeleM
>>
>>90038997
isnt the obvious solution there to get civilized city folk to breed more?
>>
File: ras.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
ras.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
He's the best Batman villian

Also what this guy said>>90038997
>>
>>90041088
That's the point with him, Batman often agrees with or at least understands his goals and philosophy, just strongly disagrees with the methods; that's why there's that mutual respect they have for one another
In the world where 90% of his enemies are mental patients it's kinda refreshing
>>
>>90036057
he's an old man afraid of dying.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.