[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's a celebrity-guest episode >It's 20 minutes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 28

File: elon_musk.jpg (206KB, 653x367px) Image search: [Google]
elon_musk.jpg
206KB, 653x367px
>It's a celebrity-guest episode
>It's 20 minutes of the Simpsons ass-kissing celebrity's massive ego
>the whole episode is basically commissioned by the celebrity to tell the audience how great they are.
This is why guest-stars shouldn't be a thing on any show ever. The Simpsons are not the only ones guilty of this.
>>
>>90022857
>The Simpsons are not the only ones guilty of this.
but the MJ episode was great
>>
>>90022874
Yeah, because Michael Jackson wasn't playing himself, didn't ask to be credited, and didn't get his ass kissed. Also Happy Birthday Lisa was a good song.
>>
>>90022857
The Alec Baldwin one was the worst, but the Mel Gibson one was pretty good

Overall I would rate them a C+. Ok, not great.
>>
>its a celebrity episode
>its a technology shilling episode
>Its a strong female character that will never show up again episode
>Its a Lisa episode
>>
>>90022857
isn't that 90% of simpsons episodes after season... 8?
>>
File: Simpsons-lady-gaga_510.jpg (63KB, 510x287px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons-lady-gaga_510.jpg
63KB, 510x287px
>>90022914
>Lady Gaga was the worst
FTFY :^)
>>90022937
yes
>>
>>90022857
MLP did it well.
>>
>>90022943
this was the best you baboon.
>>
>>90022857
Didn't that end with Musk's improvements economically fucking over the town to such a degree that it actually became a small arc over the next few episodes?
>>
>>90023042
>Didn't that end with Musk's improvements economically fucking over the town
yes, also Carl dancing
>>
>>90022857
Anon, please.
Elon musk is just *that* good.
>>
File: Elon-Musk-South-Park-1.jpg (30KB, 750x423px) Image search: [Google]
Elon-Musk-South-Park-1.jpg
30KB, 750x423px
>Even Trey & Matt let Musk play himself

Really makes you think...
>>
>>90022857
Someone suggested to me once that the celebrity episodes are the simpsons parodying other shows that have random celebrity guest stars for no reason.

Not that that makes the episodes any better, but it might cast them in a different light.
>>
>>90023302
No? That's retarded. If it was a parody that would require mockery or at least being funny.
>>
>>90023042
I was honestly impressed that they committed to Elon Musk's effect on the town for that many episodes.
>>
>>90022857
everyone in the episode constantly called him crazy and his efforts destroyed everything. It was hardly ass kissing

>>90022937
no?
>>
>>90022857
The only guest star episode of any show I remember not hating was the Halloween episode in season 3 of South Park.
>>
File: Matt_Groening_1.jpg (134KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Matt_Groening_1.jpg
134KB, 1024x768px
>>90023302
Fuck off Matt Groening, you fat fuck.
>>
>>90023223
If South Park is letting celebrities play themselves than something is wrong.
>>
>>90023799
Elon Musk was fine, they still made fun of him. Pewdiepie was a fucking disgrace, they let him play himself AS A FUCKING PERSON and not even a little animated character.
>>
>>90023223
>back when they made jay leno voice a cat
>along with george clooney voicing sparky the gay dog
>>
>its a celebrity episode

Simpsons always existed for this

>its a technology shilling episode
They stopped because how a 1989 family have access to smartphones and internet?

>Its a strong female character that will never show up again episode
>Its a Lisa episode

Why she´s obsessed with rolemodels outside of her mother?
>>
>>90023915
>They stopped because how a 1989 family have access to smartphones and internet?
Homer and Marge met in the 90s in the current show, anon.
>>
>>90023915
>Why she´s obsessed with rolemodels outside of her mother?
Because her mother is a housewife who is happily married and enjoys taking care of her children, which goes against the feminist manifesto of all woman everywhere have to have a career even if they choose to become a housewife that takes care of the home and family.

Lisa is one of those people who cannot exist unless she is perpetually outraged and fighting against some sort of injustice, which is why in most future shows, she fucks Milhouse even though he's even more of bottom bitch than she is.
>>
>>90024069
>Happily married
The episodes that aren't Lisawank or celebrity guests are "Our marriage is falling apart!" these days

Marge got stuck in an unhappy marriage because she got pregnant. She gave up on all her dreams because she fed into the belief that a woman with a child has to be a happy wife and home maker. She has a college degree and had dreams to become an artist, but she gave up on all that thanks to her traditionalist views.

Looking at Marge, it's no wonder that Lisa wants another role model. If Marge was her only option, she'd be terrified of falling in love since that meant she'd never be able to so much as get a job if she was married.
>>
>>90024704
>The episodes that aren't Lisawank or celebrity guests are "Our marriage is falling apart!" these days
That's literally every other fucking animated sitcom in existence nowadays. Name one marriage that isn't five minutes from falling apart in any long running animated sitcom.
>>
>>90022914
MJ one was fucking great.
>>
>>90024836
Other long running animated sitcoms don't have a daughter looking for a strong female role model. Haley Smith pretty famously dislikes what her mother is and Meg hates her mother just as much as Lois hates her. South Park only has two recurring female children I can name. Shelly hates everything and Wendy's mother has no impact on her life whatsoever.

The question was "Why is Lisa looking for role models when Marge exists?" and the answer is that Marge is a terrible example of a woman that can have a career and family, or even just one of those two things.
>>
>>90024969
Yet before the show decided to go to shit, Marge and Homer's marriage was relatively fine and Lisa had no reason to treat her mother being a housewife with such disdain.

I mean, when you look at Marge's accomplishments as a whole, she really did accomplish a lot of bullshit in spite of being a housewife by day while most of Lisa's rolemodels end up being selfish cunts who end up being exposed for what they are, like that one reporter chick who almost got burned to death from a lava pool.
>>
>>90025265
Even early on, she stopped following her dreams because she got pregnant. She put her own career aspirations and dreams on hold because she had a family and that terrifies Lisa. She does accomplish some things incidentally, but she stopped pursuing her art because her family takes up too much of her time, and she nearly dropped out of college. It's no wonder Lisa is apprehensive to use her as a role model.
>>
>>90025265

A lot of Marge's problems are that the show was created in the 80's and now exists in the 00's.

Marge's story was a very typical 70's\80s story, she was a promising student who got pregnant and thus was forced to be a housewife. She was doing the best she could with the hand that she was dealt with. Single moms, abortions, even good jobs for women really didn't exist back then.

Now that the Simpsons take place in the 10's, a pregnant marge could still have gone to college, could still have gotten her own job, etc. A pregnant 18 year old Marge in 2006 (assuming Bart is 10 years old) has a much better chance of making something of her life then an 18 year old Marge in 1979.

You can see the same thing with Marge's Sisters, Patty and Selma. Spinsters are tragic in the 80's, they never got the family they were supposed to have. in the 10's they're no longer tragic, you don't need to be married to be happy.
>>
>>90025347
>Even early on, she stopped following her dreams because she got pregnant.
Yet she still managed to accomplish her dreams later on and she did so thanks to the support of her family. Meanwhile, Lisa is doomed to either die alone or settle for a loveless marriage with Milhouse.
>>
>>90022914
Mel Gibson knew how to make fun of himself, and is absurd enough that he fits right in with the Simpsons universe.

Nicolas Cage or Tom Cruise would be other great celebrities to have episodes based around, because they're strange, energetic, and likable enough to fit in with the chaos.
>>
>>90023761
Johnny Bravo meeting Mr. T was pretty cool
>>
>>90023856
Matt and Trey are in the "industry" now with their musicals and they're learning that they need to play ball and not piss off the wrong people
>>
>>90023856
Jeez it's almost like they don't give a fuck about PewDie or how they represent him and that was the point of bringing him in

Not everyone is caught up with EPIC MEMES anon
>>
I really liked the Neil Gaiman one, to be fair. One of my favourite episodes.
>>
>>90026772
Book Job was fantastic.
>>
What bothers me most about the celebrity episodes is that it's so fucking forced
They all need some sort of fucking introduction
>Oh my god, it's <insert celebrity>! The <gender> behind such great achievements such as <insert reference> and <insert reference>
>Yes but on weekends I <insert wacky thing to do>
>>
>>90026470
>the bad guy was Richard Simmons
>>
File: okay pepe.jpg (30KB, 486x444px) Image search: [Google]
okay pepe.jpg
30KB, 486x444px
What if there was a celebrity cameo who none of the Simpsons seemed to like and they were treated like pure evil the entire time?
>>
>>90023856
This. Pewdiepie was horrible. I think they might have been afraid to make fun of a real kid since they couldn't be sure he'd take it well. Either way, he never should have personally been in an episode.
>>
>>90026617
You don't make an entire episode about something you "don't give a fuck about."
>>
>>90026983
Unless it's done in an actual mean spirit, it's essentially jerking off the celebrity either way.
>>
>>90026983

Should I ever be famous enough to be on the Simpsons than that'd be what I'd want them to do. I mean, if I agree to play myself in a comedy show I'd want that show to take the piss out of me.
>>
>>90026772
>>90026825
I went out of my way to watch simpsons for the first time in at least 6 or so years because someone on /co/ said it was great.
I'm not questioning your tastes, but did you actually like the episode, or just the punchline about him?

To me, the whole thing felt weirdly, fast? Maybe?
It's hard to explain, but it didn't feel like I was watching the simpsons. Is that just how all the newer episodes feel? Or has it just been so long I'm entirely out of touch.
>>
>>90027165
>it didn't feel like I was watching the simpsons. Is that just how all the newer episodes feel?
No, that's definitely the sensation of watching any modern Simpsons. The heart and soul are completely removed.
>>
File: 1435991460089.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1435991460089.gif
603KB, 320x240px
>>90022943
That episode had to be the worst things I've ever seen, possibly the worst, it's not even like those terrible movies that are so bad they are entertaining but just professionally done shit on a plate.
>>
>>90027165
I actually liked the episode, although the punchline was definitely the highlight. I genuinely dislike the new stuff (even the stuff after Book Job, I can only assume it was an anomaly in quality), but still really enjoyed that episode. I haven't seen the episode in long enough to make a proper critique regarding the pacing, but IIRC I was inclined to look favourably upon it since the episode is a pastiche of heists, which have a similar setup. I don't think that the episode stands up to the layered comedy that the best of the early stuff managed to pull off, but I do think that it would have been considered a decent episode even then.
>>
>>90023223
In Handicar they impersonated Musk, weird that in changed in a season or two
>>
>>90024836
Bob's Burgers
>>
File: sd.png (260KB, 632x424px) Image search: [Google]
sd.png
260KB, 632x424px
>Hey look! It's Ted Danson
>It's payback Time
>>
>>90022943
I dunno, Lady Gaga's ep at least had Lisa bitch her out and make Lady Gaga sad. Gaga was right in the end, but it was a nice change of pace.
>>
>>90027850

>Thanks for letting me shit on you, all i nedded to feel better for being treated badly was to treat another person badly, in this case the person who wanted to help me! Now i'm no only a sperg that don't see that people hate me because i'm pretentious and spoiled, i'm also a psychopath!

The Flanders episode did this plot way better
>>
>>90022857
>This is why guest-stars shouldn't be a thing on any show ever.
>A concept can be done badly so it'd shouldn't be done at all

Why is this such a popular view on /co/? I swear you guys lack imagination for people who spend all their time watching cartoons.
>>
>>90022966
>That shit
>Doing anything well
get out
>>
>>90022914
I liked Ron Howard in that episode. He was the only one that actually made jokes, especially at himself

"homer, we're outta vodka"
>>
>>90027132
Well they should don't exactly portray him positively. He wasn't being shit on and that is one of the most annoying episodes to me, along with being one of the most unsatisfying endings, but it was clear he was there just to piss people off since the only ones who liked him in and out of the show are really young kids.
>>
>>90023302
One or two might but quite a few are just people taking roles of guess characters who may or may not be famous at the time.
>>
>>90029528
The moral of the episode was "kids like things adults don't get." I don't feel it was shitting on him. More like justifying him.

But that doesn't really sit well inside South Park's history of "mock everything." There should have been a definite "this is fucking stupid and kids are wrong" turn, but never really did. Almost feels like Matt and Trey are getting old, acknowledging it, and are fine with it. And I don't care for that defeatist attitude from them of all people.
>>
>>90025265
>Yet before the show decided to go to shit, Marge and Homer's marriage was relatively fine and Lisa had no reason to treat her mother being a housewife with such disdain.
She also didn't treat her mother with disdain. Lisa got along fine with Marge and supported her for an extremely long time in the show.
>>
>>90023915
Kids in TV always seem to be looking for role models. Sometimes parents are enough but sometimes the kid wants someone more focused in their interests. Many people don't really have role models but when she sees a lot of people around her living joyless lives or never achieving what they wanted I guess she wants an example of how to achieve her goals. I don't think about this ever, it doesn't seem that hard to get.
>>
>>90030528
>Kids in TV
kids, not "kids in tv".
>>
>>90023799

They let Robert Smith play himself in a Season 1 episode. It's not a "new" thing for Matt & Trey.
>>
>>90023792

Looks like a gay Steve Bannon.
>>
File: image.jpg (272KB, 501x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272KB, 501x626px
>>90022857
>hire a literal music legend
>for a musical episode
>don't give him any work at all

what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>90027203
That entire episode was just pure cancer.
>>
>>90023302
No.

Something like Tim Conway showing up in The Simpsons spinoff showcase was a parody of guest stars.

Simpsons episodes starring celebrity guests from the past 10 years involve some light-hearted joshing but ultimately are meant to be flattering.
>>
>>90023915
There's something so off about seeing The Simpsons family with laptops and iPhones.

Remember when they were meant to a lower-middle class family who couldn't afford cable?
>>
>>90027533
This. The pendulum is beginning to swing the other way.

In the '90s people were sick of sickly sweet wholesome families like the Cosbys or the Waltons and The Simpsons were the perfect ironic antidote to that.

Now so many shows have ripped off the Simpsons 'dysfunctional family' premise and taken it to such depressing extremes that people are happy to see couples who actually love each other again, like Bobs Burgers.

Culture constantly swings between sincerity and irony.
>>
File: Hankeh.jpg (14KB, 218x290px) Image search: [Google]
Hankeh.jpg
14KB, 218x290px
>>90032177
First Spongebob cartoon I out and out hated. It was so amazingly unfunny and none of the songs were catchy.

>Mr Krabs loves money
>Sandy loves science
>Squidward loves art

And fucking Bowie doesn't get to sing.
>>
>>90032177
what the fuck is that thing
an alien?
>>
>>90035011
Americans hate the poor now.
>>
>>90022857
Because guest stars used to play characters (Mr Bergstrom, the Cat Burglar, Herb, Chester Lampwick)

Or when they did play themselves, it was in a funny self-aware way that wasn't just stroking their egos. James Woods method acting at the Kwik E Mart is still a perfect example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5xA21Qoxaw
>You're you, I'm me
>I'm... me?
Fucking kills me every time
>>
There were Simpsons Episodes even in the golden era that had celebrity guest appearances. And it worked as it wasn't masturbatory or had the entire episode revolve around them. But now every Celebrity guest appearance has to be the whole episode, like either the celebrity guest wants it, or they have no ideas besides "lol, celebrity is on show".

Hell, even when an episode doesn't revolve around them now, it's cringeworthy.
>That one episode where Michelle Obama visited Springfield elementary
>Literally everyone, even Nelson was sucking up to her and praising her as if she's a goddess or something

I don't hate her, but do you really want me to believe that literally everyone in an Elementary school would be praising Michelle Obama? I'm pretty sure there would be a good couple who would be rather pissed off at her appearing and would bad talk her.
>>
>>90035011
>There's something so off about seeing The Simpsons family with laptops and iPhones

Dude...it's entirely normal for middle class families to have those in this day and age?
>>
>>90035405
There is no middle class in this day and age.
>>
Best celebrity Simpson episode is the Major League baseball one.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>90025443
>Single moms, abortions, even good jobs for women really didn't exist back then.
>>
>>90035405
That doesn't change the fact that it feels anachronistic for the Simpsons to have them.

It's kinda like the idea of Eric Foreman on the internet. The culture genesis of the Simpsons is of a time where the Internet was a thing Homer's nerdy roommates used to read erotic newsgroups about Twin Peaks.
>>
>>90025443
What are you talking about? College was WAY more affordable back in the 80s than it is in the 10s.
>>
>>90025443
I'll give you a protip: The writers had said that Marge and Homer "aren't necessarily supposed to represent 90s parents, but our parents in the 60s-70s".
>>
>>90035499
There we go. Women's lib/abortion/all that shit happened in the 1970s. It was already an established part of society in the 90s.
>>
>>90035540
The problem isn't the characters using iPads, the problem is that the writers just shoehorn in forced references to them to go LYL iPAD SO HIP XD.

In the classic episodes, they used to make fun of technology like the Apple Newton. That's not the approach the show uses now.
>>
>>90035576
Ok I give you that. Marge and Homer were deliberately anachronistic. However, I can think of certain specific characters, namely the Flanderses, who were definitely early 90s archetypes.
>>
>>90026521
John K has still never learned that lesson.
>>
>>90035655
>the writers just shoehorn in forced references to them to go LYL iPAD SO HIP XD.
I know man

>that one episode where the reverend said silly tech buzzwords just to get Jimbo jones to stay in their prayer group
>that one episode where Ms. K gets fired and replaced with "lol, so hip" tech teacher who just says a bunch of tech words to be with the times
>that one episode where Lisa makes a social network, and it was literally just Social Network with the Simpsons

Also, the Simpsons don't even look that middle class anymore, for lower middle class Americans, they have been doing some pretty fancy shit lately.

>That social network episode where they go to a fancy town center and go on a shopping spree
>That episode where they pretty much have no problem moving to boston and back to springfield again.
>That episode where they go on a cruise and get the super deluxe suite because "Only good things shall happen to the simpsons now"
>>
>>90035655
That's because the Newton was useless. iPads aren't.
>>
>>90032177
It's okay, they can get him to sing the next time he's on the show
>>
>>90022857
But the George Bush episode was my favorite and basically turned him into Mr. Wilson.
>>
>>90027101
>I think they might have been afraid to make fun of a real kid
The guy is like 30
>>
>>90035857
That's more of the real problem with the show. Springfield used to be an average blue collar town and today the characters are just California yuppies who go to wine tasting festivals and hang out with celebrities.
>>
>>90035935
Bush didn't actually guest star in that episode. It was purely parodical,.
>>
>>90023042
Why did Musk improvements duck over Springfield so badly?
>>
>>90036070
We sacrifice now to make the future better.
>>
>>90036107
And everyone will fucking hate you for it
>>
>>90035980
The writers have no idea how real Americans live anymore; they only know how to write about their own experiences in Los Angeles hanging out with celebrities.
>>
>>90026983
There was an American Dad episode like that with Andy Dick.
>>
>>90036317
Most people hate the shit out of Andy Dick. Hartman didn't deserve to die that way because Dick is an enabling fuckhead who got away with no repercussions.
>>
>>90035776
>However, I can think of certain specific characters, namely the Flanderses, who were definitely early 90s archetypes

By which I mean, they were intended to be a fundie Christian family of the kind that you had in the 80s-early 90s when the Christian revival thing was big.
>>
File: explain this shit.jpg (147KB, 982x930px) Image search: [Google]
explain this shit.jpg
147KB, 982x930px
>>
>>90022914
>but the Mel Gibson one was pretty good
When I saw this as a kid, I couldn't handle it. I was on the floor, hyperventilating. This was probably the funniest shit my 13 year old self ever saw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8imsr2WmEg
>>
>>90036614
Easy. Maggie is one of the main characters of the show, the others are unimportant and nobody really cares what the writers do with them.
>>
>>90022857
>it's a celebrity cameo
>the dialogue setting up the cameo is always "*Insert celebrity name*, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"
>followed up by the celebrity spouting off inconsequential dialogue void of humor before they fuck off
>>
Hopefully Julie Kavner dies of throat cancer soon and they end the show.
>>
>>90036761
>>90036614
The octuplets...damn, you could just tell that the writers had no interest in anything but cheap gags and so, so didn't want to give Apu and Manjula any character development.
>>
>>90023302
That's basically the TV show equivalent of "the joke is I was pretending to be retarded."
>>
>>90032177
I think I hated the Atlantean design more than anything.
>>
At least Ted Nugent knew how to make fun of himself.
>>
>>90024704
>The episodes that aren't Lisawank or celebrity guests are "Our marriage is falling apart!" these days

Bart gets a girlfriend.
>>
>>90024704
>>90024069
Poor Lisa. She just can't escape her genetics.
>>
>>90035405
Maybe a laptop but a middle clase won't have a iphone, a more cheap and accesible smartphone
>>
>>90037153
Here's how it works.

>Lisa goes to college
>takes up women's studies and other useless shit
>she also "experiments" in college with other girls
>then she goes out on a date with Milhouse, they get drunk, and she gets knocked up exactly like what happened with Marge and Homer
>they're forced to get married
>they have four kids but are always poor and never have any money
>Lisa has a secret affair with Nelson and one of their kids is actually his, but Milhouse never finds out
>they die in poverty

The end.
>>
MilhousexLisa is just the writers' self-insert fantasy.
>>
>>90037594
Bullshit.

Milhouse ain't getting into Harvard.
>>
>>90037461
How about Bart? How does his life turn out?
>>
>>90037713
doesn't he become a Supreme Court Justice?
>>
File: Moonshine River 85.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Moonshine River 85.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
>they get married
>it's not a happy union--Mary tries to run Bart's life and she's also lousy in bed
>Bart has a bunch of affairs
>he eventually becomes Chief Justice of the Supreme Court many years later
>>
>>90038041
'kay
>>
>>90038041
Fuck that bitch.
>>
>>90038041
>>90036614
Another fun idea--Ling needs money to pay for college. Bart agrees to loan it to her in exchange for degrading sex. She hates it, but wants the money badly.
>>
EPISODE 4.22 "KRUSTY GETS KANCELLED"

KRUSTY MEETS THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
KRUSTY MEETS BETTE MIDLER
IT'S FULL OF FUCKING CELEBRITY CAMEOS

FUCKING JOHNNY CARSON AND HUGH HEFNER GET FAWNED OVER LIKE THEY'RE LADY GAGA AND MICHAEL COCKSUCKING JACKSON

HOMER IS A MORON FOR NO REASON

GRANDPA IS SENILE BUT NOT FUNNY BECAUSE APPARENTLY THEY WERE SHORT ON JOKES THAT DAY

GABBO IS LITERALLY ONE JOKE REPEATED OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU IMAGINE REMEMBERING THAT IT WAS FUNNY THE FIRST TIME

BUT LET'S NOT FORGET SEASON FOUR WAS FUCK FULL OF ELDERLY CELEBRITIES APPEARING AS THEMSELVES FOR NO REASON

FOR THE REAL MOMENT OF TRUTH WE MUST GO BACK FURTHER

BACK TO SEASON THREE AND 3.22 "THE OTTO SHOW" WHICH IS JUST AN 11 MINUTE AD FOR THE VHS OF "THIS IS SPINAL TAP" AND "BREAK LIKE THE WIND" THE ALBUM THAT THE MEMBERS OF FICTIONAL GROUP SPINAL TAP WERE TRYING TO SELL AT THE TIME THE EPISODE AIRED, INCLUDING HARRY "THE SIMPSONS REALLY WENT DOWNHILL WITH ALL THESE CROSSOVERS AND CELEBRITY CAMEOS" SHEARER WHO PLAYS DEREK SMALLS, A MEMBER OF SPINAL TAP

THE REST OF THE RUNNING TIME IS MADE UP OF FILLER SCENES AND UNFUNNY JOKES THAT ATTEMPT TO CALL BACK TO SPINAL TAP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

BUT WAIT

EPISODE 3.17 FEATURES NUMEROUS PRO ATHLETES AS THEMSELVES MAKING TOPICAL REFERENCES

EPISODE 3.13 FEATURES STING AS HIS UNFUNNY LEMON-EATING SELF IN A STORY THAT HINGES ON YOU HAVING SEEN FUCKING LIVE AID FIVE YEARS EARLIER

EPISODE 3.10 FEATURES NOTED DADROCKERS AEROSMITH FOR NO REASON FORESHADOWING THE APPEARANCE OF NOTED DADROCKERS THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS LATER IN THE SEASON

EPISODE 3.02 HAS LISA GOING TO WASHINGTON AND BRINGING DOWN A CORRUPT SENATOR IN A SINGLE WEEKEND

EPISODE 3.01 HAS MICHAEL "TOTES NOT ME U GUIS" JACKSON IN AN EPISODE THAT WAS TOTES NOT ADVERTISED AS FEATURING HUGE STAR MICHAEL JACKSON TOTES TOTES IT IS HIM THO TOTES SHHHH

HOMER IS SO STUPID AND SO IS EVERYONE ELSE THAT HE GOES TO A MENTAL ASYLUM FOR WEARING A SHIRT

WEARING A SHIRT EVERYBODY HOW HILARIOUS
>>
>>90038711
Ha ha, I remember this copypaste.
>>
>>90038508
lyl
>>
>>90035396

With the exception of stuff like Michael Jackson who was legitimately the biggest thing ever at that time the Celbrities tended to have minor rolls for just a joke or 2.

Barry White at Whacking day.
Sting digging out Bart from the well.
Everyone in the Krusty Comeback episode.
All of the Beetles have just cameo roles with a few lines the only one who really got a bunch was Paul.
All the players in Homer at Bat.

And thats not even including celebrities who just wanted to voice a character and not play themselves.

George Takai was the Sushi store guy.
Dustin Hoffman was Mr Bergstrom.
Joe Mantegna as Fat Tony.
Danny Devito as Homers Brother Herb.
Winona Rider played Allison.

If the Beetles were all still alive now they would be fucking on the Simpsons and the entire episode would be how much everyone loves them and how perfect they are.
>>
>>90039049
Yeah I imagine Bart as an adult becomes kind of an asshole and a womanizer.
>>
>>90024069
>Lisa is one of those people who cannot exist unless she is perpetually outraged and fighting against some sort of injustice

Jesus, what is it with SJW who believe they fight in the name of good when they do not even believe in good?
>>
>>90038711
desu this is an unpopular opinion but I feel that season 3 is one of the weaker "classic" seasons
>>
>>90039752
I think 4 is weaker than 3, especially because the episodes overdo it with grossout jokes.
>>
>>90039513

it's a problem with all of the younger generation

they need a cause

something to dedicate their lives to, to give their actions and life meaning. There is no great war, not rival nation to fight. They are living, but not achieving. They are doing things, but not accomplishing anything.

Give them a great cause to fight for, to contribute to, and they will live happy lives.
>>
>>90022857
The Lady GaGa episode is the worst episode of The Simpsons, period.
>>
Remember the time the simpsons went to kang and kodos' home planet and it wasn't a treehouse of horror?
>>
File: 1390542436909.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1390542436909.gif
2MB, 250x187px
>>90041363
There was a reason it wasn't canon though, right? It was some kind of special or something...
Right?
>>
>>90041323
Yeh but there's so much competition in that field...
>>
>>90041596
Not him but the show hasn't given a shit about continuity for years and years.
>>
>>90041654
Bad episodes, sure, there's a good collection in the last 18 years, but that one is definitely the worst.
>>
>>90041596
_no
it ends with them flying around space for an indefinite period of time because homer doesn't want to go home to grandpa (who was somehow able to video call them on the ufo)
>>
File: 1375133047089.jpg (8KB, 203x125px) Image search: [Google]
1375133047089.jpg
8KB, 203x125px
>>90041678
So Kang and Kodos really exist as normal characters not confined to halloween "what ifs?"

This bothers me way more than any Lady Gaga cameo, frankly.
>>
File: janey-powell-9.jpg (257KB, 1486x1065px) Image search: [Google]
janey-powell-9.jpg
257KB, 1486x1065px
How come Lisa has no friends like Bart does with Milhouse?
>>
File: Daffs.jpg (5KB, 162x195px) Image search: [Google]
Daffs.jpg
5KB, 162x195px
>>90035930
>>
>>90041825
The episode started with the simpsons at not-disneyland and included a gag where an entire crowd of people were melted in an acid shower as punishment for crowding up a shaded area

this was not a treehouse of horror episode
>>
>>90035159
From what I heard it was a combination of the song they had for him being terrible and them not having enough money to fund David Bowie to make an original song for the show.
>>
>>90041869
So the writers can reuse the Lisa's Rival plot over and over.
>>
>>90037253
Nigga my parents live in a fucking trailer and they got iPhones and macs. I know broke ass niggas I work with got iPhones so they can facetime some crusty bitch. It ain't special to have a fucking iPhone it's 20 bucks a month
>>
>>90022914
Mel Gibson is a fantastic actor to make jokes out of though.

Family Guy's best episode featured him as a villain, it was the most I've ever laughed at Family Guy.
>>
>>90041869
Let's be honest. Most of the writers are male, and they can draw on their own childhoods for Bart stories. They just can't relate to a little girl's problems, one reason why Bart gets more episodes where he does typical 10 year old boy stuff while Lisa acts like a pint-sized campus activist.
>>
>>90042072
James Woods was great too. He has a fantastic sense of humor.
>>
>>90041990
They're kinda even, considering Bart has the whole "Let's reuse Bart's girlfriend" plot again and again.
>>
File: 1405319529623.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1405319529623.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>>90041922
So Simpsons is Family Guy now. No more pretending to be separate.
>>
>>90022966
>tfw Pinkie Pride was actually one of your favourite episodes from the show and you're not even a Pinkiefag
>>
>>90037713

>Keeps his harem
>Becomes some high labor low skill job
>Eventually realizes he doesn't want kids and gets a vasectomy
>Harem starts to dry up as more and more of flings get married leaving him lonley
>Gets married in his late thirties to a widow
>builds a strong bond as he has someone who loves him unconditionally
>Breaks down an realizes he actually wants kids and adopts
>Loves the child more than anything and even with the two parents shitty salaries still manage to have a functional, tight, and caring family.
>>
>>90041869
Because otherwise it'd be difficult to portray her as an outcast, or somewhat of a tumblrina like she is nowadays.
>>
File: Lisa the Beauty Queen.jpg (21KB, 313x235px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa the Beauty Queen.jpg
21KB, 313x235px
Too bad that Bob Hope was a drooling Depends-wearing senile fuck by the time they did this episode, because in his prime, he could have done some killer stuff with it.
>>
>>90037253
The Simpsons go up and down in the ladder depending plot convenience, I think the Grimes' episode sort of threw it out.
>>
>>90041363
what year
>>
>>90041766

truly

that epidode felt like a direct ad for her new brand or fan club

The other episodes felt like a simpsons episode with a celebrity, but the Lady Gaga one was just a 30 minute ad for her.
>>
REM had to be the worst guest stars ever. Their line reading alone was embarrassing.

"Mmmm. Curds...."
>>
>>90042324
>>
>>90042436
surprise
>>
>>90042324
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBOTv7RelDo
There is no hyperbole in this video
>>
>>90042232
My idea was better.
>>
>>90024704
But looking at it, on ocassion "Our marriage is falling apart" episodes are often because of Marge rather than Homer's neverending idiocy, when you look at it Marge is definitely the family member that has worst evolution, she basically became the person she didn't want to be in the earlier seasons, the smallest things seem to fire up her ire to the point she's "notfunallowed" in person, even more than Flanders who at least comes out as a funny guy at times.
>>
File: 1390780775408.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1390780775408.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>>90042469
>>
File: Leon_Kompowsky.png (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Leon_Kompowsky.png
70KB, 600x600px
This is the best celebrity-guest episode
>>
>>90041869
>How come Lisa has no friends
Do you blame other kids for not wanting to touch her with a ten foot pole?
>>
>>90042469
I didn't know that existed, thanks for such revelation anon.
>>
Does anyone watch the Shitsons anymore except Boco, Cordless, and that Lisa feet fetish guy?
>>
>>90042868
joe
>>
>>90035655
Also their parodies have gotten so lazy. Things like Mcbain, Itchy and Scratchy, Duff, Kwik E Mart were broad all-purpose parodies of different cultural things. Action movies, animated cartoons, beer brands and convenience stores respectively. Not totally based on any one thing in particular but instantly recognizable and exaggerated.

These days their idea of parody is to put an M at the front.

>Apple?
>Mapple
>Steve Jobs?
>Steve Mobs
>Pixar?
>Mixar
>>
File: RVGuy.png (153KB, 390x335px) Image search: [Google]
RVGuy.png
153KB, 390x335px
>>90027720
>Well well if it isn't Mr. Denzel Washington come back to beg for my forgiveness.
>>
>>90043129
The Pixar parody was quite bad.
>>
File: Peggy's_Fan_Fair.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Peggy's_Fan_Fair.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
>YOU STOLE MY SONG!
>>
>>90036564
Not exactly. Flanders was originally just there to make us feel sympathy with Homer. He was a success in every area Homer was a failure. There's used to be a reason Homer hated Flanders, he was jealous.

The Christian thing evolved out of that (showing the perfect family that attends church every week) and evolved over time until that became what Ned was known for.
>>
>>90035986
And pretty hilarious
>>
>>90042868
They get 3 million viewers per new episode, so...
>>
>>90027165
I feel the same. Zombie Simpsons seems to go by so quickly yet nothing seems to happen.

The old episodes are the same length but seem much denser story wise. It feels like a lot more happens, in addition to just being funnier.

I didn't know Neil Gaiman was when this episode aired so found it just as bad as any other episode.
>>
>>90022857
To be honest, I don't get people's fascination with Elon Musk to begin with.
>>
>>90043382
Are any of those people actually watching simpsons because they like it, or just because "It's the simpsons"? Do they like the Simpsons for a legit reason or because it's the simpsons?

I feel like a lot of episodes now a days are pretty much just "Well, we're the simpsons, we're funny by default" shit
>>
>>90043458
His name sounds like a Bond villain's.
>>
>>90043458
He wants to kill people by stranding them on Mars, and various other means to piss away the obscene amounts of tech money he's won over the last couple decades.
>>
>>90043382
>>90043466
They're people who tune in to watch the flashy couch gags and then immediately turn the channel. Each one counts as a viewer. :^)
>>
>>90043452
>cut the show's run length by two minutes since the HD switch
>even with only 20 minutes of run time, they still need extended couch gags to pad it out
>>
>>90035776
Otto is definitely such a character, since he was supposed to be a Gen X slacker or something.
>>
>>90043944
>>90043916
Sounds pretty accurate, no one ever really talks or cares about new Simpsons episodes, it's always the couch gags. Much like how no one really talks or cares about new SNL episodes, they only ever really care or talk about the Cold opens. No one can really ever give a shit about what the rest of the show was or what it was about, they just watch the opening, say "oh, neat", and then turn the channel to something else.
>>
>>90043129
Oh god I never thought of this pattern
>>
>>90042174
Yeah but at least Bart girlfriend episodes are good for fanartists/waifufags.
>>
Ok, so if we subtract all the people who only watch for the couch gag, that means only a few autists on NoHomers and /co/ still watch the actual episodes.
>>
Shauna was the worst Bart girlfriend hands-down. In fact her episode was one of the worst in the series, period.
>>
>>90044256
Jenda?
>>
>>90044320
Depends on whether you consider the future episodes canon or not.
>>
>>90032177
I'm going to guess that they where going to have him sing but singing costs extra money so suits where all like, "Lets just advertise Bowie and not pay for singing".

As much of a dick move it was I honestly doubt he would of pulled out anything too remarkable for zombie sponge bob.
>>
>>90043980
Otto is definitely anachronistic now, which might be why he seems to appear a lot less now, the only thing of Marge is that she's a stay at home wife when that isn't common place anymore as when the show began.

>>90044097
I liked that very old episode in which Milhouse gets a girlfriend but Bart ruins their relationship.
>>
>>90022982
>old simpsons wants Bette Midler to guest star
>her condition is that The Simpsons advertise her highway clean up campaign
>they turn it into a top tier gag

I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS MIDLEEEEEEEEER
>>
>>90042868
I'm deep in the asscrack of western animation and I know nobody. Not even the guy who runs a well curated blog about how bad new Simpsons is.
>>
>>90044202
I've heard from plnety of people who say they tune in just because it's the Simpsons.

Some try to softball it by saying 'maybe it's not as funny as the golden age..' while others just say 'It's not funny but it's comfortable and familiar'
>>
>>90044754
>Otto is definitely anachronistic now, which might be why he seems to appear a lot less now

More likely that Harry Shearer doesn't want to do that rough voice anymore as he's gotten older.
>>
>>90044754
>the only thing of Marge is that she's a stay at home wife when that isn't common place anymore as when the show began

>>90035576
Marge was intentionally anachronistic in 1990.
>>
>>90041869
She does when the plot calls for it (for example, in Flaming Moe's)
>>
>>90038508
I second this. That Asian baby needs to be taken down a peg or two. Fuck her.
>>
>>90042193
At least American Dad is pretty good.
>>
>>90043980
I don't know if Krusty counts. In late 80's and early 90's Bozo was still a thing and still appeared on afternoon TV, but wasn't anywhere near as popular as he was in his heyday, so a TV clown still having a show wasn't anachronistic but a 10 year old being a devoted diehard idolizing fan probably was.
>>
>>90045018
Was she really? While it was a dying thing even back then it more common than the following years. Strangely it's a thing I don't recall ever being brought up.
>>
File: do_not_want_cat.jpg (51KB, 555x519px) Image search: [Google]
do_not_want_cat.jpg
51KB, 555x519px
>>90044097
>Simpsons waifufags/fanartists
>>
>>90045541
That was an intentional anachronism as well, namely Matt Groening having a nostalgia wank over his childhood, which was back when clown shows were a thing.
>>
>>90045541
Although Krusty's portrayal changed fairly quickly into being a has-been somehow clinging to his airtime on local TV.
>>
>>90045552
Can't be worse than any other fandom desu. I mean, I've seen Gravity Falls and SVTFOE threads, so I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>90045552
>posting LOLcats memes past the year 2009
>>
>>90027101
You do realise that PDP puts on an act when it comes to the internet persona, right?
>>
>>90042232
>Keeps his harem
Which characters should it include?
>>
>>90045908
Sherri, Terri, Janey, Jessica Lovejoy, Cletus's daughter, Gina Vendetti, Laura Powers, stuff like that.
>>
>>90045891
What difference does that make? Whether you're being ironic or earnest, you're still acting the same way. Hiding behind the facade of "I'm being ironic" is just a defense mechanism. At the end of the day he's still a spaz and the kids that watch him don't care if it's a charade.
>>
>>90027203
They just kept driving the joke about her wearing weird clothes into the ground.
>>
>>90045776
You sure do, kiddo
>>
Why hasn't Al Jean been assassinated yet.
>>
>>90046731
Edgy as fock.
>>
>>90042868
What is the Lisa feet fetish guy?
>>
>>90046780
A guy who posts pics of Lisa's feet.
>>
Oh god, why.
>>
>>90046913
Autism.
>>
Challenge

Write a good Simpsons episode that DOESN'T sound like it was written as fan fiction.

Rules
>No celebrity guests
>Can't follow a previous episode's plot (ie. Bart genuinely trying his best for a test, Homer and Mona, etc.)
>It must give the feeling of being a worthwhile episode without changing the status quo
>Comedy must be present, even if it's a more emotional plot
>No original characters
>Any included recurring character must fit the plot of the episode rather than being present as an extra

Hard Mode
>It can't be an episode about Homer or Bart
>It can't be Treehouse of Horror/episodes about the future

Dante Must Die Mode
>It's about Lisa
>>
>>90028132
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>90047570
This was a fanscript idea I came up with a while ago.

A-plot: Mr. Burns hires these Japanese nuclear technicians, but they turn out to actually be incompetents fired from Fukishima who are now hiding from the heat in America. They accidentally flood the nuclear plant with radioactive waste (along with a little Homer stupidity), Lenny gets blamed and fired. Homer feels guilty and decides to find security camera footage to prove that the two nips and not Lenny did it.

B-plot: Lisa meets a girl at school who's richer and has nicer shit than her, also her family are hippie nudists. Lisa gets annoyed that her family is poor and Marge won't let her walk around the house naked.
>>
>>90047737
I don't think the first one could happen nowadays due to "political correctness", and that second one could definitely not happen.
>>
>>90047758
It was supposed to be "Come up with a quality, original non-fanfic-y" Simpsons plot idea, not "Come up with a Simpsons plot idea that does not offend SJWs".
>>
>>90046913
My guess is that person saddly identify with Milhouse. It's not that hard to get, really, "that kid" happens in every school, he wouldn't be in the simpsons in the first place if he was an original, rare idea.
>>
An episode based on the movie Groundhogs day. Homer keeps waking up on the same day reliving the same events, he takes advantage of this by doing things he wouldn't normally get away with.

A Treehouse of Horror episode based on The Ring. Both Homer and Bart find a cursed tape and find out they only have days to live.

An episode where Lisa meets a transgender student and befriends them, but Marge doesn't know what to think of it.
>>
>>90047796
Can you make it feel more like it fits with the first seven seasons? While the A-plot could still work, I don't think the B-plot would ever be in a Simpsons episode. And is Lenny's firing just going to be treated nonchalantly as usual by him, or is he going to be genuinely upset at Homer?
>>
An episode about Bart and Maggie's relationship
An episode about Mrs. Krabappel's death
More insight into Marge's parents
More insight about secondary characters and their families (Barney, Dr. Nick)
>>
Kinda suprised they haven't done an episode about some of the secondary characters wifes, like Bernice Hibbert and Wiggum's wife. In Tapped Out we already got to see way more of Bernice than in all 27 seasons of the show
>>
So who else thinks anyone can come up with a better idea for a Simpsons episode in modern times than the Simpsons staff? So far what I've seen from you guys, a number of you have come up with some ideas that I'm a bit surprised the Simpsons staff haven't done years ago.
>>
Have Bart and Maggie had a plot where they were together, alone, the entire episode yet? I know they've interacted more in recent seasons but I'm surprised their relationship hasn't gotten more of a focus.
>>
For the THOHs, I'm surprised they've not touched upon Final Destination yet. I thought the writers would be all over Rude Goldberg style crazy deaths.
>>
>>90048102
This idea has serious potential if it involves Bart having a vision of Otto crashing the bus and getting all of the kids killed only for him to stop it from happening and the kids getting offed in different ways.

The reason I think they haven't done it already is that the writers are squeamish about showing the kids getting killed or mutilated in THOH episodes (THOH V and VII had off-screen deaths). But a more recent one showed the kids getting beheaded and Milhouse crushed to death, so...
>>
>>90048088
Can you really write anything meaningful about Bart and Maggie? Yeah, they're siblings, but trying to bring up anything at this point would just feel artificial. The only thing I could see working is a flashback episode to right after Maggie was born where they could focus on sibling jealousy. Bart is often looking for attention through his actions, so maybe they could make him feel irrelevant with Homer and Maggie putting all their focus on newborn Maggie, but that was kinda done already with Lisa if I remember correctly.
>>
>>90048134
Isn't this a lot like the second segment of THOH XV? Ned has a vision of him shooting Homer, prevents himself from doing so, then the town gets destroyed because Homer's alive.
>>
A Bart and Maggie episode has been long over-due.

I'm honestly surprised they've never done a plot where Flanders works at the Power plant or something and shows Homer up for what a lazy worker he is. That seems like a lame idea that Zombie Simpsons would do.

Grandpa dating Agnes Skinner or Selma dating Moe (Actually that last one has some potential if done right...)
>>
>>90048166
That's the closest we've gotten to a Final Destination plotline. Granted, it was just Flanders having visions of Homer killing everyone instead of something more systematic.
>>
>>90048141
Maggie has been shown to have a bit of a malevolent streak, right? she hates the eyebrow baby and has been implied she shot Mr Burns on purpose. They could do a think where Bart realizes he can set up pranks, have Maggie yank the proverbial chain, and the victim will think Maggie did it unintentionally while not even suspecting Bart. Then have a turning point where Bart dreams Maggie grows up to be a Jigsaw style mastermind and turn on her 'mentor'. He becomes paranoid Maggie is out to get him and she doesn't understand why he's suddenly avoiding her, while everyone else just things he's lost his marbles.
>>
Bart gets a girlfrie..oh wait.
>>
>>90025443
what would the simpsons look like if it was developed today?
>>
>>90048209
That may be the second most overused Simpsons plot next to "Homer gets a new job".
>>
The most overused Simpsons plots are marriage crisis, Homer gets a job, and Bart gets a girlfriend.
>>
I find it odd that they still haven't done a Psycho parody in THOH with Skinner as Norman Bates.
>>
How about a THOH where the octuplets drink radioactive waste, gain super powers, and become this unstoppable army of destruction and Maggie and the Chinese baby must team up to stop them.
>>
>>90047923
dunno about the ring though, but those other two I am really surprised haven't been episodes yet! The first one is a tad bit too creative, (haha) and the last one is a tad bit too controversial, (I don't know what Marge would think if she would still not be transphobic, but that's just me right now I think) but yeah good posting
>>
>>90048249
Don't forget "Lisa complains she has no friends", "Springfield has a budget crisis", and "Krusty has trouble with his career".
>>
>>90048176
because the frank grimes episode did it perfectly.
>>
The beauty and the Barney
Moe realizes that Barney is going to another bar to meet Bertha, a frustrated scientist who works as a waitress. To impress her, he will pass as the safety inspector of the nuclear power plant. Moe will ask for help to Homer, before Barney´s lie jeopardize the safety of the town.

The Nine Months Story
Comic Book Guy tell us the full story of what happens in the nine months while Manjula was expecting the octoplets.

Lisa the Board Queen
Lisa learns to play chess and ends in a contest against Martin.

Don't Put Words In My Pacifier
Bart jokes the family making they think that Maggie talks to him. (could work as a Maggie/Bart episode)

Who's afraid to Sideshow Bob?
Sideshow Bob kidnaps Milhouse to make him kill Bart, threatening to kill Kirk and Luann.
>>
>>90048225
Marge works in Real Estate, mildly resents how Homer has a fixed salary and only has to worry about fucking up while she has to put forward her A game every day to get those sales commissions
Bart's an internet troll rather than a graffiti artist
Lisa does digital art rather than music and wants to go to CalArts to make the most progressive cartoon ever, hates it when people point out her favorite cartoon is the gory schlock that is Itchy & Scratchy

Krusty isn't a clown, he's the host of a talk show that tries to be funny in general but also has dedicated comedy sections, like Hey Hey It's Saturday or Glass House
>>
They haven't done an episode where Homer, Barney, Moe, Lenny, and Carl all go on a wacky adventure together, have they?
>>
I'm surprised there hasn't been a THOH segment that parodies A Series of Unfortunate Events, with Burns playing Olaf, while Bart, Lisa and Maggie star as Klaus, Violet and Sunny.
>>
>>90048348
If you take out Barney, there's The Blunder Years, The Way We Weren't, The Saga of Carl, and probably some others.
>>
>>90048348
there was the B-Sharps episode, though that had Skinner and Abu rather than Lenny and Carl
>>
Bart & Maggie story could be interesting.
>>
>>90048348
And they wont, since Barney barely even exists anymore.
>>
If we got The Saga of Carl, why not The Legend of Lenny?
>>
Snowball II does something funny. Bart and Lisa film it. It becomes an Internet meme.
>>
- Homer gets a job at Electronic Arts, and accidently creates the Tapped Out game. After see'ing how succesfull the game becomes, Peter Moore will try to steal the project. Peter Moore will voice himself, becoming good friends with Homer and later on steals his Tapped Out project.

- Marge is tired of her beehive haircut and she decides to use her hairstyle from high school. She suddenly looks 10x hotter and all the men in Springfield go nuts for her.

- Lisa finds out she's annoying (ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and tries to go back being a normal little girl.
>>
Wasn't there a proposed script in the classic era which was going to deal with race through Dr Hibbert?
>>
>>90048206
>>90048141
Unless it was a future episode where they're aged up.
>>
>>90048524
Yup. It almost aired instead of Bart sells his soul.
>>
I had an episode idea that dealt with race, only it was about carl.

I for one really wish they had done an episode about race, could've been interesting if done right(and in the classic era, it probably would've been done right)
>>
I don't like the idea of an entire episode about Homer being racist. The horrible joke in "Little Orphan Millie" about him judging people by the color of their skin was bad enough.
>>
An episode about race probably would have turned out decent if it was done before the HD era, which is when we started getting "satire" like Mapple and homosexuals in Flaming Moe (not to be confused with Flaming Moe's). Season 9 had The Cartridge Family, season 15 had Fraudcast News, and season 19 had Smoke on the Daughter, all of which I find to be decent-or-better in regards to satire.

Even though they didn't outright do a race episode in the classic era, some one-off jokes from the classic era said more about race than a full Tim Long episode about race could ever hope to say. Also noteworthy is this quote from The Simpsons Movie:

Mayor Quimby: I hereby declare a state of emergency: Code Black.
Lenny: Black? That's the worst color there is.
Lenny: No offense there, Carl.
Carl: I get it all the time.
>>
What racial jokes are there in the classic era?
>>
>>90026825
Honestly this.
>>
>>90036614
>Maggie and the Unibrow baby don't age
>the ones born overseas or from people who lived overseas do

Springfield is irradiated and children born of residents of it are heavily mutated?
>>
>>90048337
Homer works at the local Solar Power plant.

Marge is a 2stronk4u proud woman who makes more money than Homer

Bart is a member of Antifa.

Lisa is a Tumblrina.

And Maggie doesn't exist because Marge aborted her.
>>
A European family moves next door to the Simpsons. Cultural differences between Americans and Yuropoors result in hilarious shit going down.
>>
>>90031820

Bannon looks like gay Matt Groening.
>>
>>90048609
most of them were about Apu, from what I remember.
>>
Plenty of classic-era characters were racial stereotypes: Apu, Groundskeeper Willie, Akira, to name a few.
>>
Lisa becomes a radical atheist. Could be a good religion-themed episode.
>>
I'm really, really, really surprised they haven't done a THOH parody of the Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street". Seriously, it writes itself.
>>
>>90048481
Because The Saga of Carl was shit
and Lenny isn't interesting
>>
Homer finds out he might be a distant relative to Ned. At first he's angry about it and denies it. He starts to hang out with Ned more and slowly becomes a better Christian. He starts to act more like Ned, much to his dismay. In the end, it's found out they aren't related and things go back to normal.

Springfield is found out not to be a part of the U.S., rather than go though the trouble to get put in the residents decide to make their own nation.

Bart thinks he's starting puberty, which makes him popular to all the girls and and an enemy to the jealous boys.
>>
>>90048678
Your first idea sounds far too similar to "Homer Loves Flanders". The other two might be good.
>>
Why haven't they done a Hans Moleman episode?
>>
>>90048720
Because he's a one-joke character, and an episode about him would be boring and terrible.
>>
>>90029528
When was the last time you actually watched PewDiePie? I am actually finding his newer content to be pretty okay, so I'm not sure why everyone still hates him so much.
>>
>>90048731
>>90048720
Isn't that what they did with Gil in "Kill Gil Volumes I & II"?

I'd rather watch a Moleman episode becuase I at least find him funny, never laughed at a line Gil has delivered
>>
>>90048678
>Springfield is found out not to be a part of the U.S., rather than go though the trouble to get put in the residents decide to make their own nation.
too similar to the family guy episode
>>
It's like developing Lenny or Disco Stu. Their "one dimensional-ness" is what makes them such beloved characters, and developing them doesn't make a lot of sense.
>>
Would a Doctor Hibbert episode work? I mean he has a family which hasn't had much development. Same with Chief Wiggum, it would be conceivable for them to loose their jobs or something and have an episode around that, and then if I know the Simpsons well enough they'll move in with the Simpsons family who'll then find a way for them to get their jobs back, yeah no I don't want to see that episode.
>>
>>90048801
Chief Wiggum had a great segment in the Simspons Spin-Off Showcase.
>>
A Doctor Hibbert episode would definitely work. We've never seen his wife do anything and apparently his wife has a brother that's playable in Tapped Out, yet we've never sen him before.
>>
>>90048801
>Chief Wiggum, it would be conceivable for them to loose their jobs or something and have an episode around that

That happens in that prohibition episode from season 8.
>>
They've featured Wiggum a lot in a couple episodes, especially Chief of Hearts.
>>
>>90023856
the whole Cartman brah episode was the worst South Park has ever done, it simply wasnt funny
each season we are heading closer and closer to zombie south park
>>
>>90027101
>think they might have been afraid to make fun of a real kid
didnt stop them from having the Jackson kids, Justin Bieber, and all those other celebrity children on the show
>>
>>90048821
I wouldn't mind them fleshing out Bernice, and it would be really nice to see more of Sarah Wiggum. An episode focused on Chief Wiggum and family could be good so long as: they tone down Wiggum's and much MUCH of Ralph's Flanderization, Lou and Eddie, it's not another rehash of "character becomes demoralized, the Simpsons help them back up".
>>
They could have some sort of fight between Marge and Sarah and their husbands work together to try to figure out something to do about it. Marge has said in the past that she doesn't really care for Sarah.
>>
What about an episode about Sideshow Bob and the Babysitting Bandit work together to kill Bart and Lisa?
>>
I'm surprised they've never done another episode about the family going camping like The Call of the Simpsons.
>>
>>90049351
yeah idk
>>
File: Bart girlfriends.jpg (521KB, 829x2669px) Image search: [Google]
Bart girlfriends.jpg
521KB, 829x2669px
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.