[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were Batman comics in the 80s so obsessed with drugs? Based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: cocaine.png (387KB, 417x637px)
cocaine.png
387KB, 417x637px
Why were Batman comics in the 80s so obsessed with drugs? Based on shit like Grant's run, you'd think it was the only street crime in Gotham
>>
>>90010371
Drug running is a huge source of territorial disputes, gang shootings, and even a major way gangs fund their groups. Batman's big target for a while was organized crime, and that's how he'd cut them off at the roots.

People like to act like the issue is the drugs themselves, but it isn't. It's how it is utilized.
>>
The media was full of news about the war on drugs. We had dare in schools and the rise of gangsters rapping about drugs. Murder rates where much higher back then and drug use was what was blamed for it.
>>
>>90010522
>and drug use was what was blamed for it.
That's stupid. Everyone knows it was the rap music
>>
>>90010683
As a guy who was there it's true and still is
>>
It mean it's like how we had a bunch of anti-Napster stuff in the early 00s. Just how it goes. I guess now it would be cyberbullying?
>>
>>90011541
Did we? Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, but I don't remember any comics that ever touched on piracy, music or otherwise.
>>
>>90010371
Reagan's 'War on Drugs' pushed anti-drug alarmism, and also the crack cocaine epidemic started in the '80s.
>>
>>90011845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxHBx6H-xFo
>>
>>90010683
It was clearly comic books
>>
>>90011897
I'll never not find funny how pot went from being the devil into downright a obligation in most social circles.
>>
>>90010371
>80's
You just answered yourself anon, 80s were all about letting the kids know that drugs were satan himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJiTxtcW-is
>>
>>90011648
I definitely remember it being a thing referenced in teen hero books like Robin. Though it wasn't treated as this evil crime, just a thing that "the kids do"
>>
>>90012298
It's always been both, just depends on who you ask
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.