[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that episode where Stinky turned down a $1 million dollar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 13

File: stinky goes hollywood.jpg (49KB, 610x462px) Image search: [Google]
stinky goes hollywood.jpg
49KB, 610x462px
>that episode where Stinky turned down a $1 million dollar contract for Yahoo Soda
>>
Just drink it.
>>
> it's a /co/ doesn't understand some people have self-respect thread.
>>
>>89988707
You say that as if literally anyone on here has self-respect in any way, shape or form
>>
>>89988707
>it's this guy doesn't understand what this would mean for his family reply.
>>
>>89988707
You wouldn't run with the joke for a million dollars to give your family a better life?
>>
>>89988707
I'd suck an unwashed dick for a million dollars, so maybe I'm not one to talk.
>>
>>89988707
I can buy self respect and a lot of other things with a million buckaroos
>>
>>89988707
money is worth more than self-respect in almost every way
>>
>>89988707
You're right, anon. Let me tell the debt collection company, repomen, landlord and insurance agency about all the self-respect I have. I'm sure they'll care.
>>
>>89988669
Did Stinky's father ever speak to him again?
>>
The episode was about racism, but instead of race, it skirted it by using the stereotypical redneck hillbilly. Stinky refused to sign the contract for the good of his fellow folk and culture.

Would it be okay for an Asian guy to sign a contract where he for the rest of his life be known as the short immasculated asian nerd?

So I totally agree with this anon. People need to realize that Stinky doesn't care about his image, he cares about the image of people similar to himself.
>>89988707
>>
>>89988823
He literally says he has a million dollars worth of pride at the end of the episode. He did it for personal pride, nothing more.
>>
>>89988800
>>89988773
>>89988765
>>89988732
>>89988724
I'm not the guy who you are replying too but having more money into your family wealth is not the best thing you can do for them. I came from a rich family that didn't have strong values and when that money went away everyone went to separate ways without looking back. I met several families in my life but the happier and the most comfy ones were those who were in need but never gave up their values. The amount of respect, love and strength they had was something out of this world. I've never met one healthy person that had any of those values higher than those heartwarming families.
>>
Million dollars is a million dollars, innit?
>>
>>89988707
>>89988888
Maybe this site isn't for you
I hear Reddit is more accustomed for people like you
>>
>>89988890
It sure is, Karl
>>
>>89988845
>freaks of nature have pride

Fucking Craig and his bullshit views

The Jungle Movie is going to suck, isn't it?
>>
>>89988888
>I'm not the guy who you are replying too but having more money into your family wealth is not the best thing you can do for them.
Are you legitimately retarded or just baiting for (You)s?
>>
File: Aku smile.png (181KB, 472x274px) Image search: [Google]
Aku smile.png
181KB, 472x274px
>>89988707
>Corporate guy making fun of voice / mannerisms (I think that was it or something)
>Literally going to give me 1 million to advertise product with said voice / mannerisms I can use to support myself and family easily

barring any shenanigans with the contract it seems I am really fucking winning here. Who gives a fuck if some corporate assholes make fun of my voice. They are the ones paying top dollar for it in the first place
>>
>>89988732
Fucking this.
I'd have PLENTY of fucking self-respect once I used that money to pay off my family's debts, maybe upgrade to a nicer house, put me and my siblings all the way through college, etc.

Stinky basically fucked his family in the ass in order to preserve his personal pride. Fuck that noise.
>>
File: tetrafamily.png (235KB, 570x347px) Image search: [Google]
tetrafamily.png
235KB, 570x347px
Oh it was Yahoo soda? All these years I thought it was Yoohoo.
>>
>>89988888
Willikers!
>>
>>89988888
>I came from a rich family that didn't have strong values and when that money went away everyone went to separate ways without looking back

That isn't money's fault, it's your parents shitty handling of their finances. Don't blame an inanimate object for your family's failings.

>I met several families in my life but the happier and the most comfy ones were those who were in need but never gave up their values.

I'm in the working class void where I make just enough money to not be considered poverty level but I still have to live paycheck to paycheck. I have medical problems but can't afford insurance and my employer keeps me part-time so they don't have to offer any benefits.

You have no idea what 1 million dollars is worth. Even 1 percent of that would be a fucking windfall for me.
>>
>>89988903
You have to go for reddit for having some moral that are beyond money?
>>
>>89988888
>I came from a rich family

Well, there you go. That's your malfunction.
Trust me, if you grew up as a poorfag, you'd think that Stinky should have accepted the money, too.
>>
>>89988669
Do you think Craig Bartlett would turn down a million?
>>
>>89988888
Bro. Nice quints.
>>
>>89988888
It's easy to people that big sums of money don't matter when you've always had it.
>>
>>89988754
I'd do it for a thousand dollars.
>>
>>89988888
>shit parenting
>shit money skills
>boo hoo money is baaad!!!
No, anonymous, your parents are just trash.
>>
>>89989020
No
I bet he was forced to put in some bullshit "morals" like this because Nick suits were breathing down his neck
>>
If I had a million dollars I'd pay my bills, get my teeth fixed, new glasses so I can see again, a cheaper apartment, then invest it in a Roth IRA so I don't die in a ditch when I'm 80.
>>
>>89988669
Stinky was a 9-year-old redneck who was perfectly happy with his current life. He wasn't at that age or background when he could realize that a million dollars could really help. Plus, he was always hanging out with the dumb kids like Harold anyway.
>>
>>89989081
>new glasses

LASIK
>>
>>89988960
well it's clearly based on Yoohoo, just carbonated instead(I'm actually surprised a proper chocolate soda isn't one of the big brands in real life)
>>
>>89988888
Just because your family is trash doesn't mean Stinky's family wouldn't have been happier
>>
>>89988765
This.

Once you start bringing money to your household your self-respect is bound to increase.

Kids shows always undermine the value of money but in the real world that shit matters.
>>
>>89988888

That situation is completley different to a poor family where the money could greatly improve their lives.

They look like they live in a log cabin house with no heating.
>>
>>89989098
>perfectly happy with his current life.
But he wasn't. The whole impetus of the episode was that he didn't feel special. Then, after he turns down the dosh, he says that it made him feel special. After thinking about it, his decision makes even less sense.
>>
>>89989152
richfags pls go

revolution soon
>>
If I had 1 million bucks I'd move to the US- niggers, Can-Trudeau, well maybe Ger-rapefugees, Fra-rapefugees, Swe-lolno, Aus-SPIDERS,Jap-Xenophobic fucks

Well, fuck I guess I'm upgrading my PC.
>>
How is Uncle Stinky going to get his surgery now that Trump took away his health insurance?
>>
>>89989098
>He wasn't at that age or background when he could realize that a million dollars could really help
Yeah he was
In fact, his father was begging him to take the money
>>
>>89989152
>>89989187
LOL
*upvotes*
>>
>>89989098
When I was that age, a million dollars sounded like "filthy rich"
>>
>>89988823
>for the rest of his life be known as the short immasculated asian nerd?

To have a nice house in a good neighborhood and if he played his cards right, bought all the cool shit he always wanted and will never have to work another day in his life.
>>
>>89989098
He was a fucking retard. I would have done anything to help my family's situation out.

He has visited the other kids's houses, particularly Arnold. Even a tard like him must have known something was off about his living situation.
>>
desu using large sums of money to help out family usually results in greedy relatives but I'm sure I'd bite that bullet if need be
>>
Self-respect>>>>money
>>
>>89988823
>The episode was about racism
Tumblr, pls
>>
>>89988669
Should have told them he knew why they wanted to sign him on, then asked for 20% more.

That's self-respect.
>>
File: bitty commit suicide.jpg (116KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
bitty commit suicide.jpg
116KB, 599x600px
>>89989279
>poor people
>self-respect

Good one.
>>
>>89989099
No way. The glasses hide the wrinkles under my eyes and help me look younger than what I am.
>>
>>89988823
>Would it be okay for an Asian guy to sign a contract where he for the rest of his life be known as the short immasculated asian nerd?

>>>/r/asianmasculinity
>>
>>89989264
The trick is hiding the money yourself, buy shit your family needs (one at a time otherwise it'll be suspicious) and only lend it when it's absolutely necessary.
>>
>>89989310
Plastic surgery
>>
>>89989295
Maybe even ask for a very small portion of sales from Yahoo soda to be included in the contract to be set for life.
>>
>>89988888
Then keep your fucking values and the money, it's a million dollars that won't last forever but it could help his family either get to a better place or live a better life for a short time.

God damn if it meant a better life for my family I'd do a lot of things I'd never be proud of.
>>
>>89989279
Not dying of hunger/having a good life/dont have to worry about bills insurance/having a good upbringing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> self-respect
>>
>>89988700
This guy makes a good argument
>>
Jesus christ, i know this is 4chan but how can you guys not understand that some people think things like self-respect worth more that money?
>>
>>89989376
>i know this is 4chan
and yet you still asked your retarded question
>>
>>89989376
Because thinking it doesn't make it true
>>
>>89989376
9 year old poor kids don't have self-respect, you mong. They might not rob, but they would be willingly to do a lot to fix their station in life.

You wouldn't be asking this question if you were born poor.
>>
File: 166162.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
166162.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
>>89988669
The thing is that Stinky throw a gold opportunity just because the Yahoo guys call him ugly and them he say to Arnold something about his self respect or Self-esteem... but self respect is about what do YOU thing about yourself not what the others thing about you, in the end you are gonna still be ugly, so why not take the money...

Something similar happen in that episode of the Simpsons when Mr. burns became poor and Lisa help him with the recicly thing, and in the and she refuse to accept the money because my feels.

what exactly was the message of this episode?
>>
>>89989412
Pride is worth more than money, I guess

It's a feel good, easy to swallow moral that kids will eat up, I suppose.

Just look at this thread. Some retarded cunts took that convoluted moral to heart.
>>
>>89989376
>how can you guys not understand that some people think things like self-respect worth more that money?
And those people end up dying miserably in poverty
>>
>>89989376
It look like this because some desperate retard is samefaggoting his opinion.
>>
File: sheev butthurt.png (122KB, 390x284px) Image search: [Google]
sheev butthurt.png
122KB, 390x284px
>>89989444
>some desperate retard is samefaggoting his opinion

You mean you?
Here is your 4th (you). I know I shouldn't feed you, but you seem desperate for them.
>>
>>89988724
>it's an anon doesn't understand that selling out to a company rarely works out in the end reply

If they're giving youba million dollars or ANY amount of money they're getting as much if not more out of you. A cartoon is going to simplify things but that company would find a way to fuck Stinky over and make him wish he had the self-respect to say no to begin with. Nothing is handed out for free.
>>
>>89989279
You can't eat pride.
>>
>>89989432
That same money she could have used to better the lives of her family heck if not them she could donate to whatever hippie pledge green peace crap she's all into if she wanted to feel better.
>>
>>89989105
I'm not surprised. I've had several different chocolate sodas, and honestly, the reality doesn't really live up to the idea.
>>
>>89989435
I suppose dying is better than slaving your life away just to survive.
>>
>>89989460
My bet it's on OP and his inability to make an enticing thread being pushed on resorting to simple baits for posts like yours
>>
>>89989376
Because if it was stinky on his own that would be fine, sure I'd disagree with him but it's fine.

What he did though was deny his family a better life, which is frankly absurd and a damnable act.
>>
>>89989512
>which is frankly absurd and a damnable act.

If your family is able to live happily despite knowing that they owe it to your self-loathing, they're a shit family.
>>
>>89989503
>is better than slaving your life away
But that's what poorfags do, if I had a million dollars and knew how to use them I wouldn't have to worry about money problems ever again
>>
>>89989507
I know he is baiting, but I can't help myself. Desperate guys for attention are my fetish. Nothing gets me more off than a guy with daddy issues. >>89988888
This guy boipussy probably tastes like nectar.
>>
>>89989525
>knew how to use them

Look at Stinky's family and tell me, honestly, that they wouldn't be one of those "blew away the child star's money" types.
>>
>>89989474
It wasn't free. It was a simple business transaction. Stinky looks and sounds like the goofball he is on national television, and he is in turn compensated for his time and effort. Meanwhile, Yahoo soda rakes in more dosh thanks to their hilarious new ad campaign.

It's a job. Plain and simple.
>>
>>89989474
Like when Notch got 2.5 billion dollars for his shitty game?
>>
>>89989432
Pride is pointless if you life a miserable live.

People with power, with knowledge or even with something like a guarantee "happiness" can have pride, but if you are an average joe that haven't archive anything special in your life whats the point of it.
>>
Anyone can have pride. Not everyone can have money. Stinky is an idiot.
>>
File: the plot thickens.jpg (127KB, 1578x399px) Image search: [Google]
the plot thickens.jpg
127KB, 1578x399px
>>89989528
>>
>>89989524
Do you not fucking understand what raising a kid is?

You know what the most stable and least happy family model in America is?

It's married with a child, they are choosing suffering to help their family. You are a fucking moron if you don't think your parents suffered to raise you. They would statistically be happier without you ever existing, you can argue fulfillment and reward all day but people are happier without kids.

He had the chance to give back and help, and he chose to feel better about himself. Fuck you, and fuck your bumper sticker philosophy.
>>
>>89989567
>life a miserable live
>>
>>89988888
>>89988707
Giving a lot of money to a poor family rarely works out well. They haven't developed the skill to manage it well and end up spending it all and being more broke afterwards.

That said though, Stinky could have given that money to a charity, selling his self respect literally to save lives.
>>
>>89989591
Well rich anon I hope we never meet, because I would do anything to get in your pants. Anything
>>
>>89989567
>but if you are an average joe that haven't archive anything special in your life whats the point of it.
Not archive anything fate worse than nolife
>>
>>89989611
You're being too easy. Charge him a million to get in YOUR pants.
>>
>>89989599

Children don't ask to be born, idiot. That's parents making a concious (or not, but I suppose the most extreme case would be dumping the child somewhere) and the expectation is that children will take care of their own parents when they're too old to do shit.
>>
>>89989567
>if you are an average joe that haven't archive anything special in your life whats the point of it

That's what we're all trying to figure out.
>>
>>89989607
>Stinky could have given that money to a charity, selling his self respect literally to save lives.

You're giving way too much credit to Stinky.
>>
I guess I'm the only who was more angry that he didn't explain anything to his father when refusing the money.
>>
>>89989668
What do you mean?
>>
>>89989615
Fuck you, achievement is an empty phrase. You live and then you die, sure you'll be remembered for a generation, maybe two, but not forever. Your not an Egyptian, and even if you were they won't be remembered forever either.
>>
File: 1430815307156.gif (1MB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
1430815307156.gif
1MB, 300x191px
>>89988707
When a character doesn't do something painfully simple for a ton of money its just kind of frustrating ok. Its not even about the damned message its just plain stupid and not how people behave in real life.
>>
>>89989701
Me understand

Cool down
>>
>>89989694

That coming up with that idea AND carrying it out would be too much for him.
>>
>>89989701
>Your not an Egyptian

So you're saying I should go and build a huge, dope ass tomb?
>>
>>89989736
It might cost a lot of money

maybe even 1 million
>>
>>89989559
The same notch that always bitch on twitter that he isn't happy even with all that money and that feels more alone that ever?
>>
>>89989752

Well, clearly the lesson is that Stinky should have accepted the money and made himself a pharaoh with it.
>>
I'm reminded of this one comic I read. A dude goes to an island for vacation he's been saving up for and see's this huge, beautiful house on the shores of a distant island, and learns from a tour guide that the richest woman in the world lives there. She has countless servants, great food, every luxury in the world, but she is lonesome and unhappy despite it all. The dude reflects on this and comes to the conclusion that he's all right with what he has in life and that being wealthy isn't all it's cracked up to be. Then, just before leaving, he casually asks how the woman made all her money.

The tour guide reveals she's well compensated by rich benefactors for inspiring that exact feeling he just had.
>>
>>89989770
he wuz kangz
>>
>>89989773
Mediocre bait.
>>
>>89989770
Just like Nick Cage.
>>
>>89988707
Self respect is really useful when you're sleeping in your car and using starbucks wifi.
>>
>>89989654
This is what being ungrateful looks like.

They make (or made) choices for you damn near every fucking day to raise you, care for you, and love you. That expectation to help them isn't a debt it's just the right thing for someone who fucking made you.
>>
>>89989816
If that person had self respect it wouldn't be in that situation in the first place.
>>
>>89989819
I should be grateful because my parent's did what was expected of them by society?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0B_ekSrsEk
>>
>>89989819
So you're saying that parents are willing to make great sacrifices for their children's happines... maybe like... passing on 1 million dollars?
>>
>>89989773
DEEP BRO

I bet Banksy was behind that comic
>>
>>89989829
Nice bait.
>>
>>89989829
Why? You saying that making money is somehow tied to self respect?
>>
>>89989835
Sounds more like Zen Pencils to me. Be sure to buy his book!
>>
>>89989852
Yes.

If you have East Asian parents, you better be living on your own by 21 or they'll treat you like shit.
>>
>>89989852
Being honest with you people will always work harder for themselves if they have self respect. The will sleep in churches and take baths on anywhere they find while they search for a job and move on from there without stopping. After that low point they work even harder to never get into that place again, generally learning about finances and investing in themselves at every opportunity (Internships, tuition).
>>
File: Chocolate-Egg-Cream-2.jpg (82KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
Chocolate-Egg-Cream-2.jpg
82KB, 500x737px
>>89989105
It's called an egg cream, and it's not that amazing.
Also it contains neither egg not cream.
>>
>>89989852

No, he's saying that no one with self-respect would be caught dead in a Starbucks.
>>
>>89989906
I meant a prepackaged one, not something you have to mix yourself
>>
>>89988669
Didn't Angry Beavers have a Yahoo Soda too?
>>
>>89988669
Was Stinky russian or something?
>>
>>89989931
Used to be a tap drink you'd get in in any diner. But yeah nah, no pre packaged carbonated chocolate milk.
>>
>>89989951
Mid western
>>
>>89989711
More or less, accept being poorfag poorfag, even if there's a remote chance of change.
>>
>>89989964
Really? I always thought he was some sort of eccentric foreigner.
>>
>>89989832
Great let me just link another comedian's act to prove my point too, oh wait it doesn't matter as a fucking point.

They could have done a lot less, or they could have not had you, that's the fucking big deal you ungrateful shit. They would have been happier without you, how about you talk to them today about how you don't think everything they've done for you is really all that important because eh it was expected of them. Yeah raising you equates to not being arrested, at least that's what it means you right? That not getting caught stealing a car is the same as going through childbirth?

>>89989834
Fair point but I guess, but it wasn't their choice. I guess technically given he was a minor in which case they're pretty commendable people, but the argument is if given his choice and his shoes he should have done it for his family.
>>
>>89989962
actually thinking it over, kinda surprising there isn't a canned/bottled version of Chocolate Coke, considering it's something that crops up in restaurants occasionally(and is pretty good)
>>
>>89990012
There are a lot of people asking the same question on the internet but no one really tries it out. My guess is that it doesn't quite taste what they are expecting since caborned drinks need a whole more sugar to taste sweet so I guess the recipe must be quite different from what most people try.
>>
>>89989988
Nope
His family was from Arkansas
>>
>>89989829
>get asked by coo-workers to make shady business.
>respect yourself enough to not do it
>get back stabbed by all of them to almost bankruptcy
>it takes you 5 fucking years to recover a fraction of what you lost in a matter of days.
self-respect its useless if everyone else think self-respect its about having riches.
>>
This thread made me sad.
>>
>>89989607
Most charity organizations are a farce though. It's so hard find a legitimate one amongst the sea of scam organizations that just pocket most of the money you donate.
>>
I love that this thread has turned into a very uncivil discussion on money, and a very very civil discussion about carbonated chocolate drink
>>
File: 1472488208966.gif (485KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
1472488208966.gif
485KB, 272x251px
>>89990361
I GOT CHOCOLATE DRINK COMING OUTTA MY ASS!
LET THE WORLD HAVE A SIP!
>>
>>89990240
>Most charity organizations are a farce though.
No they aren't.
>>
>>89990437
They are by 4chins standards
>>
>>89989711
It's funny you use that gif of all things. Because I can't think of a single person who embodies selling your self respect for a buck more then Gary Coleman.
>>
>>89988707
How can /co/ understand something they've never had?
>>
>>89989260
I don't think Stinky really cares. Guy seems proud of his redneck heritage and one episode pretty much showed he loved farming. He'd probably move out into the country when he grows up.
>>
>>89989480
Better to die with pride than to live as a cuck to the dollar.
>>
>>89990575
Try that some time.
>>
>>89990584
Okay?
>>
>>89988707
>be a goofy-looking hideous son of a bitch
>become a famous celebrity
>suddenly you're very attractive

Stinky has generations of inbred moron in his veins and he deserves his stinky poverty shack.
>>
>>89989559
He has to live with being Notch for the rest of his life.

I don't think that's worth $ 2.5 billion.
>>
>>89988707
I'm in debt and have a job I hate so I'd take it up the arse for a million
>>
>>89990617
Too bad no one would offer even a hundred for a night with you.
>>
>>89988823
>Would it be okay for an Asian guy to sign a contract where he for the rest of his life be known as the short immasculated asian nerd?
muh HONOR
>>
>If you plant them, they will grow
>What now
>Boy get a pen and paper
>>
>>89990584
Sure.
>>
>>89989819
You sound like those faggots who think that their boss owes them a raise just because they showed up on time and did their job.

The reward for raising a child is the fact that you aren't in prison for endangering the welfare of a minor, parental neglect, or child abuse; which also has the added side-effect of not getting stabbed to death in prison because an inmate found out that you fucked with children.
>>
>>89989558
Yet at the same time, how many young, impressionable young adults get suckered each and every day into signing a deal with the devil in the name of "business."

Corporations don't give a fuck about stomping out some 8 year old singing a cover of her favorite song on youtube and they definitely don't give a shit about a million dollars when they can sucker some rube into working for a million while they rake in the hundreds of millions from his hard work.
>>
>>89989559
>>89989768
social butterflies cannot handle the burden of money and fame.
>>
>>89989852
Well people tend to work harder when they actually give a fuck about themselves and what they're doing.

Like do you think that it's a coincidence that most oldfags working in retail are self-loathing assholes who only do the bare minimum required to not get fired (and even then, they weigh the option of quitting anyways)?

When you have self-respect and you know what you want, you'll move heaven and earth to achieve what you want, regardless of what stands in your way.
>>
>>89991118
They fucking made you, you unbelievably thick cunt. That's what you're not getting, their lives would have been happier had they lived their lives married and without children.

Do I think that parents are the most amazing people in the world and are the hardest job? Fuck no I'm not an idiot, but to the fucking child they brought into the world they did a whole lot, also fuckface there's a big difference from skirting the line of child endangerment and the shit I assumed your parents did for you to make such an ungrateful chucklefuck.
>>
>>89990118
Why exactly would be in that situation in the first place? Like are you one of those rubes who gets set up as the fall guy for a ponzi scheme or something?
>>
>>89990679
go drink Prune Juice Worf
>>
>>89991253
>They fucking made you, you unbelievably thick cunt.
I never asked to be born and in a world where contraceptives exist, people no longer have an excuse about unwanted pregnancies.
>That's what you're not getting, their lives would have been happier had they lived their lives married and without children.
I imagine this comes from personal experience?
>there's a big difference from skirting the line of child endangerment and the shit I assumed your parents did for you to make such an ungrateful chucklefuck.
If you don't raise your child you can get sent to prison. Your reward as a parent, if we're not going into the emotional rewards of raising a functioning member of society, is the fact that you aren't going to jail for being too shit at raising a child.

You sound incredibly bitter so I'm going to assume that either you raised shitty kids that told you to fuck off or you were raised by shitty parents who told you how much they hated raising you.
>>
>>89991320
I was raised by very loving parents and I don't mean that with any sarcasm.

I'm not saying or implying anything or anyone is unwanted in this argument, I'm saying the active choice parents make to be parents instead of let's say just being married and double earning which leads to a much happier life, but they chose you instead. Nice try with the personal experience bit, no I just don't appreciate ungrateful people which is obviously not an element we share ethically. Also I bring up the happier fact because guess what it's a pretty well established socioligal finding.

Once again you're just repeating yourself with this whole prison bit, do you honestly and I'm asking honestly here think that your parents did the bare minimum to A) not go to jail for raising you improperly or B) raised you the minimum that they wouldn't have to deal you hating them?

If you answer to either of those I'd say your the bitter one with the fucked up family, in which case sure fuck your parents.
>>
>>89989607
>Giving a lot of money to a poor family rarely works out well. They haven't developed the skill to manage it well and end up spending it all and being more broke afterwards.

I grew up poor as hell and I'd sure as fuck make 1 million dollars count because I have minimalist needs (the fact that my kid brother in Finance swears up and down this is a new revolutionary life is laughable) and I can live comfortably in a container home/pre-fab park as opposed to buying a house.

I'm not doubting that some people are ... well, idiots when it comes to money who will make little to no return on what they have or frivously spend shit every day but fuck the point is that having more money means you have options.

Some just think they should exercise multiple options every day because of it.
>>
>>89989607
>Giving a lot of money to a poor family rarely works out well.

It only seems like this because most poor people who receive a lot of money get it through gambling or being good at sports. Neither of which are correlated with intelligence or responsibility. If you give a ton of money to a poor person who is responsible with their finances and not drowning in credit card debt I think they'd be unlikely to waste it on retarded shit.

Also, the vast majority of charities are a scam perpetrated by rich people against the populace. We are long over due for a communist revolution.
>>
>>89988669
This thread reminded me im going to be poor all my life while this asshole I used to work with inherited a million dollars from his dead grandfather and would lecture people on investing and saving their money....
Motherfucker, you literally inherited millions of dollars. You would still be in the same boat as me no matter how much you invest had it not been for that.
>>
>>89989152
No fuck im mad, I want money god damn it.
>>
>>89991399
>I was raised by very loving parents and I don't mean that with any sarcasm.
You could've fooled me. The way that you're going on it's like people can only be happy if they chose not to be parents.

Like, you don't hear people complaining about going to work when they actually like the job.

>Nice try with the personal experience bit, no I just don't appreciate ungrateful people which is obviously not an element we share ethically.
What makes the kid in this situation ungrateful though for choosing their personal happiness over taking money? Like would we be having this conversation if it was a black kid being hired to promote KFC or if we were talking about a young woman being offered 1 million dollars so some dude could sleep with her?

Nobody is under any obligation to take it on the chin just for family and family that would make you feel like shit for not sacrificing for their benefit are the type of social pollutants that you wouldn't want to deal with anyways.
>>
>>89989259
>will never have to work another day in his life.

A million dollars isn't that much money bro. It's definitely enough to get a nice house and a ton of cool shit though.
>>
>>89989607
The reason you believe that is because everytime a poor family gets a lot of money and blows it, they are put on the news so people can point and laugh "Oh those silly poor people, see, they can't do anything with money! "
>>
>>89990575
You know what would fill me with pride?

Bringing a shit ton of money into my family so they can live their lives relaxed, happy and not stressing out constantly over money troubles.
>>
>>89991571
They can't only be happy, but they'd be happier, look it up.

The sleeping with is a bit more extreme in this case compared to the argument, the KFC thing? Sure it's basically the same thing, which is more or less what the episode was more or less skirting.

What I'm saying is what he was signing away paled in comparison to the help he could have given his family, which he should have considered first. He's signing to be an ad for a soda, regardless of how dumb or insulting it was it was an ad that will most likely go away and he'll soon forget about it.

The idea of social embarrassment versus the well being of family, I'd say it's selfish to choose the embarrassment especially within the degrees of this discussion.
>>
>>89991613
So why not become a whore? Or maybe a drug dealer? Why not even become a pimp?

You make shitloads of money that can help with your money troubles.
>>
>>89991594
Also a lot of these stories come from lottery winners who are a different tier of stupid already.
>>
>>89989997
>Great let me just link another comedian's act to prove my point too,
If your point can be undermined by a comedian then maybe it's time to re-evaluate your position..
>>
> Poorfags willing to sell out to the highest bidder

Are comics ans cartoons your form of escapism?
>>
>>89988707
>self-respect
The only one who decides self-respect is yourself; that's the literal meaning
If you lose respect for yourself for having money, that's on you
>>
>>89991644
>They can't only be happy, but they'd be happier, look it up.
So you're basically saying that every parent in the world would be happier than if they didn't have children, even if they love raising children?
>What I'm saying is what he was signing away paled in comparison to the help he could have given his family, which he should have considered first.
>The idea of social embarrassment versus the well being of family, I'd say it's selfish to choose the embarrassment especially within the degrees of this discussion.
Since it's his image being promoted and associated with the ad campaign, I'd say that he didn't really have to consider anything. It's not like his dad is going to be known as "that hick yoo-hoo guy" once he grows up and tries to make a living off of something else.

If you don't believe me, look up any random child star from the 90's/00's and see how in most cases, their careers basically dried up once they grew up and stopped being cute.
>>
>>89991731
At the same time, you can't fault someone for doing something that they don't feel comfortable doing either.
>>
>muh pride
There's plenty of things I wouldn't do for a million dollars or any kind of money, but a shitty commercial is not among them
>>
>>89991766
Fair point. Looking at what happens to a lot of child actors and one-time-stars as they grow up, it probably would cost a lot more than just pride and dignity
>>
>>89991768
Yet nobody is calling you up for one...how strange. Stinky looked like a yokel and sounded like one too. What's your excuse?
>>
>>89991768
Even if it's something embarrassing or demeaning that would ruin your reputation if anyone ever saw it and recognized you from it?
>>
>>89991783
Hey hey hey. Justin Timberlake turned into a success. leave the rest of the Mickey Mouse club out of the equation though
>>
This episode is hard to watch because of Stinky's dad's reaction to him turning down the million dollars. Those were not tears of "now I can't buy my luxury mini-yacht", they were pretty clearly tears of "my son just turned down the one chance for our family to not live in poverty". Stinky didn't even talk to his dad about how he was feeling, for fucks sake!
>>
>>89991703
and video games
>>
>>89991783
Stinky ending up like one of the Coreys. Now there's a scary thought.
>>
>>89991802
I'd just call it a black comedy
>>
>>89991832
Why should Stinky care about his dad who didn't work hard enough to give his family a better life to begin with? Probably wasted what money he did earn on jugs and Nascar commemorative plates instead of investing in his families future. He also named his son Stinky.

Now Stinky is suppose to suddenly care about people who wanted to USE HIM. Dad was thinking about covering up his own mistake and not caring about his sons convictions. Also by most shallow anons standards here,he Clearly didn't bother to raise Stinky well enough to be a shallow cunt like the rest of you.
>>
>>89991893
I get the impression you hate your dad/dads in general.
>>
>>89988707
BITCH FOR A MILLION DOLLARS YOU CAN HAVE MY SELF RESPECT DO YOU KNOW MANY HOMELESS YOU COULD FEED WITH THAT SHIT
>>
>>89991912
Nopes, biggest influence in my life. Love the guy.
>>
File: IMG_6208.jpg (379KB, 914x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6208.jpg
379KB, 914x1200px
>>89991672
Hey dumbass, you want I find a comedian to prove my point? Or maybe a meme? It's not an argument, they're entertainers. Go listen to bill burr talk about parenting and how it skips your life, or don't because he's a fucking comedian telling jokes.

>>89991739
Not everyone but most in America, and I'd argue most certainly they'd be richer.

He's not trying to be an actor, he's trying to be a farmer who goes to the store once a month to buy vanilla pudding. He'd be the equivalent to Jessie from breaking bad if his only role was the kid who put his head through a fence. We could also play a game, tell me who pic related is. Don't be a dick and reverse image search it, I want to know if you know who it is. We're not talking child celebrities, that's a different ballpark, we're talking one time wide reaching embarrassment
>>
>>89991933
So if a dude walked up to you and offered you money to star in a gay porno, you'd do it?
>>
>>89991976
We talking a million dollars? Sure.
>>
>>89988888
Digits... also I'd probably take the money, but I can appreciate his desire not to be a shill.
>>
>>89991933
> feeding bums too lazy to work hard and feed themselves

Good thing I live in florida where that's against the law
>>
>>89991976
Gay for pay? Yeah sure but my starting price is 1500
>>
>>89991975
>Not everyone but most in America, and I'd argue most certainly they'd be richer.
The argument is whether people would be happier without children, not necessarily if they'd be richer. You can't move the goalposts just because I found a flaw in your argument.
>He's not trying to be an actor, he's trying to be a farmer who goes to the store once a month to buy vanilla pudding.
He'd be an actor for starring in multiple commercials. It's not in the same ballpark as theater or film but it's still an acting gig. Secondly, for all we know, he might decide to become something more than a farmer, which will become that much harder if people recognize him and don't take him seriously.
>We're not talking child celebrities, that's a different ballpark, we're talking one time wide reaching embarrassment
How exactly is starring in a commercial that makes you look like a fool, that will always exist long after you die, not "one-time wide-reaching embarrassment."
>>
>>89991976

> anon accepts
> story goes viral
> he's forever known as that dude that starred in the gay for pay porno
> all the women he meets think he's gay
> he dies alone
> his grave reads "here lies anon, he was rich. And gay."
>>
>>89992084
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2009/02/05/opinion/05coontz.html

I didn't say everyone because that's not how statistics work

Also nice dodging the picture question, that was Jack Ferver from the berries and cream commercial, who is still acting by the way, it's a silly anecdote but still it came to mind.

We're talking about a line of commercials with children in them. I'd honestly love to see sourced evidence that it is statistically likely that being a child in a commercial does anything for you career wise other then potentially put your foot in the door. Once again I'm not talking about the little rascals, I'm talking about a line of commercials.
>>
>>89992166
Women are shit any way so its not like he lost much.
>>
>>89992297
Aunt flo
>>
File: 1377089708983.jpg (82KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1377089708983.jpg
82KB, 700x714px
>>89992297
>asks for sourced evidence
>posts nytimes as a source
>>
>>89991796
1 in a billion.

Also, Stinky is fiction.
>>
>>89992166
Just say he's bisexual and he'd still get mad puss provided he still has game to pick up chicks.
>>
>>89992351
What's the source you want? What's your irrefutable source of information?
>>
>>89991893
>Why should Stinky care about his dad who didn't work hard enough to give his family a better life to begin with?
What world are you living in where "working hard" is all that's necessary to give a family a great life? For all you know their current living situation is all that his dad could manage, but you apparently think he's some alcoholic shithead who never tried for anything better.

>Probably wasted what money he did earn on jugs and Nascar commemorative plates instead of investing in his families future.
Jesus, this is some hardcore projecting considering we know next to nothing about Stinky's family other than "they're from Arkansas". You must have a pretty damn low opinion of people from that state as a whole.

>>89991893
>Now Stinky is suppose to suddenly care about people who wanted to USE HIM. Dad was thinking about covering up his own mistake and not caring about his sons convictions.
Accepting his son's convictions is one thing, but Stinky never fucking bothered to talk to his dad, so right up to the contract signing his dad thought Stinky was all for the million dollar deal and helping the family achieve a better life (or at the very least having a somewhat secure future financially). Without hearing his reasoning, his dad has no idea why Stinky was throwing away stability.
>>
>>89992396
How about an actual scientific article you sperg.
>>
>>89988888

All these mad faggots in this thread totally trapped by consumerist greed.
>>
>>89991571
>Like would we be having this conversation if it was a black kid being hired to promote KFC or if we were talking about a young woman being offered 1 million dollars so some dude could sleep with her?

You could have used something like a teenage girl being a foot model for a shoe company. What you used was a bit extreme.

Either way, it sounds like something a person would be ridiculed for if they didn't learn how to take shit in stride or negotiate on their terms to seem on top.

You think that black actress that does those Popeye commercials gives a fuck about self respect? No, because she's a goddamn actress who has her priorities straight and knows a paying gig is better than no gig.

The thing is you can't use the "selling out" argument when someone's principles have yet to be defined.
>>
>>89992468
>"Fuck my family's future, fuck my own future, fuck having any kind of stability in general, my pride is worth starving to death."
>>
>>89992468
>consumerist greed.
I'd like the option of not going to bed hungry without having to periodically sell my things impulsively just because I had to choose between rent and groceries.
>>
>>89992522
> no one has ever died because of pride

oh anon.
>>
>>89992470
>The thing is you can't use the "selling out" argument when someone's principles have yet to be defined.
By that logic, you shouldn't force someone into taking on a role for money just because they lack the foresight to see how this could end up badly for them.
>>
>>89992458
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3650717/

There, happy?
>>
>>89991244
>When you have self-respect and you know what you want, you'll move heaven and earth to achieve what you want, regardless of what stands in your way.

Mom?
>>
>>89989187
Where do you live now? /pol/istan?
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.