[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Mutants really existed on the level of X-Men. Would the real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: xmenviralcampaign2.jpg (194KB, 625x833px) Image search: [Google]
xmenviralcampaign2.jpg
194KB, 625x833px
If Mutants really existed on the level of X-Men. Would the real world be as hostile and against them like how fiction depicts it?
>>
>>89980837

they would be fastly weaponized and integrated in higly specific ways in to the economy
>>
No.

>>89982717
One thing would be Mutant specfic tabloids. A mutant equivalent of World Star hip hop.
>>
>>89982793

or the corporative uses for the psy-ones
>>
>>89980837
Of course. The public would definitely hate those special snowflakes that cause millions in property damages and claim innocence. That thinks they are above the law and continues to harbor a known mass murder. That commits several acts of terrorism like blowing up a hard working pharmaceutical company that was curing mutants of their horrible mutation that decrease their quality of living.
>>
We wouldn't know they exist because they would swiftly be snatched up by governments, experimented on, weaponized, or eliminated if they don't prove useful or cooperative.

It would be the same if anyone ever displayed superhuman abilities.
>>
>>89982717
The ugly ones would be treated like shit, but the normal looking ones with useful powers would be royalty.

Mutants like Cyclops, Sunspot, Idie, Jean, etc., would mean boundless unlimited energy. True clean power. Or they'd be deployed as walking WMDs in war zones.

There would be whole new laws built to regulate psychics and empaths, but they'd be a boon for everything from espionage to mental health care to animal rights activism.
>>
>>89980837
Undoubtedly, republicans are still a thing.
>>
Well I, for one, would welcome our new mutant overlords
>>
>>89980837
People in power become powerful people by any means necessary and would assume any person with power would act the same.
So yes. They would be hunted.
>>
>>89980837
That depends, is Sublime also present?
>>
>>89980837
There'd be a lot more exploitation than open hostility.

One thing that kind of disappoints me about the way marvel uses Mutants is you never hear about criminals using a mutant with say, intangibility or whatnot to commit crimes.
>>
We are hostile to other people for absolutely no reason in real life, I would assume we would definitely be hostile to people with some legitimate reasons like society threatening mutations
>>
>>89983176
Hold up. Before you go further, where do mutants fit in intersectionality?
>>
File: 1484319911995.jpg (6KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1484319911995.jpg
6KB, 180x180px
>>89983834
>The worst retcon
Thanks, Morrison
>>
>>89980837
Well yeah, people already hate gays and trannies for being weird and I don't think I need to reiterate to anyone here that it's an exaggerated analogy for that kind of shit. Mutants would be fucked.
>>
It's tough to say. I think if they just started to appear now, the overall attitude would be mixed. Not because of SJW stuff, but because we have a wealth of fiction depicting superpowered people as underdogs who are unjustly hunted and feared, and how quickly things can go south if you mess with them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.