[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a 20 year comic (CAPE comics mostly, yes, before you indie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 31

File: batman-superman-header2.jpg (42KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
batman-superman-header2.jpg
42KB, 640x357px
As a 20 year comic (CAPE comics mostly, yes, before you indie dunderheads start virtue signalling) reader who eventually settled into a steady diet of Morrison, Busiek, and Miller, am I allowed to voice the opinion that this movie is an interesting take on the mythos?
>>
You're allowed to say anything, it just won't stop the trolls and naysayers.
>>
>>89968783
You sound like a pretentious dork. There's nothing interesting in this movie, unless you find it intriguing to make the characters dumb, grumpy and unreasonable.
>>
>>89968839
>pretentious
there's that word again
>>
>>89968783
No you can however say it's a horrible take on beloved and iconic characters and the worst movie ever made
>>
>>89968845
Normal people don't talk like
> yes, before you indie dunderheads start virtue signalling) reader who eventually settled into a steady diet of Morrison, Busiek, and Miller, am I allowed to voice the opinion
>>
File: 1486845558352.gif (81KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486845558352.gif
81KB, 480x360px
>>89968853
dumb phoneposter

>>89968861
>Normal people don't talk like
But they do.

Anyway, this thread is a bust.
Maybe i'll try American hours next time.
>>
>>89968882
>this thread is a bust
So you wanted an echochamber. You won't have it.
>>
File: 1485532557217.png (316KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485532557217.png
316KB, 900x900px
>>89968892
No, I wanted discussion.

>this is shit
Is just boring.
>>
>>89968845
Ok.

How about these words:

Pseud
Poseur
Try-hard
>>
>>89968916
Ask me how I know you're posting from a phone.
>>
>>89968904
What's there to discuss? You didn't present anything to discuss. All I've got is how dumb it is. And I guess how bad I feel for Ben Affleck, Jason Momoa and Dwayne Johnson for the shape DCEU is in.
Maybe you could start by explaining WHY you think the movie has an "interesting take" on jack shit.
>>
>>89968783
Anon have you ever stopped and listened what other supporters of this movie talk like?
Have you ever considered the tone and the volume BvS supporters used in the last months on this board?
>>
File: SrpYt.png (28KB, 358x304px) Image search: [Google]
SrpYt.png
28KB, 358x304px
>>89968783
>his movie is an interesting take on the mythos
Sure. But "interesting" isn't enough when the movie so very poorly constructed. There's idea and then there's execution OP.
>>
>>89968967
No, I meant that I found the execution to be good.
>>
>>89968932
Not that anon, but I want to know as well.
>>
>>89968984
Well it fucking wasn't.
>>
>>89968995
Proofs?
>>
>>89968932
Ask me why I don't care
>>
>>89969011
Gimme a moment.
>>
>>89969011
You can't use proofs for something like this, it's not fucking math.
>>
>>89969019
SO AM I
STILL WAITING
>>
>>89968783
You can; but you won't get any real discussion about MoS or BvS here on /co/ because a) it's clearly a marvel leaning board with movies and b) people on this board have autism so bad that they can't see characters doing/being anything different than what they read/watched.

Good films though
>>
>>89968783
>am I allowed to voice the opinion that this movie is an interesting take on the mythos?
Why wouldn't you be? Do it. Post as much as you'd like about how much you enjoy it. I'd like to see it.
>>
Well?
>>
>>89968783
3 things
1. Of course you can have an opinion
2. This doesn't mean people cannot disagree with you
3. Your statement does not indicate that your opinion is more valid than anyone else's.

All in all, the criticism for BvS goes far beyond the deviation from source material,and the deviation itself is not seen as bad from the ga as long as the characterisations are good (for example audiences loved Nolan's Joker, Burton's Batman etc.
>>
interesting =/= good and/or well executed

next
>>
>>89968783
That's the thing though, it isn't an interesting take. It doesn't do anything new with the mythos. You can find literally all the aspects of the movie done better in other comics.
>>
>>89970737
see
>>89968984

Why can't phoneposters be bothered to read threads before replying?

>>89970751
>ou can find literally all the aspects of the movie done better in other comics.
Hit me with the comics that do every aspect of the movie better.

>>89970725
>audiences
shiggy
>>
>>89968882
>Maybe i'll try American hours next time.
We don't want to hear your self-satisfied preening, either.
>>
>>89970793
t. Dave Sim fan
>>
>>89969415
>it's clearly a marvel leaning board

Laughably untrue. You can't possibly be serious here.
>>
>>89970804
Literally who?
>>
>>89970811
are you fucking illiterate mate?
>>
>>89970811
lrn2read
>>
>>89970780
What's wrong with general audiences?
If you're gonna disrespect everyone's opinion, why do you ask us to respect yours? Are you here for hugbox and circlejerking only?
>>
I don't dislike it for the way it treats those characters, I dislike it for not being good as a standalone movie.
>>
>>89968783
Interesting take how? The forced "man vs god" analog that's abandoned in the resolution? The on-the-nose symbolism? The fact that they kill people entirely because Snyder thinks darkness and shock equals maturity? You're gonna have to help me out here.
>>
>>89968783
>am I allowed to voice the opinion that this movie is an interesting take on the mythos?

Absolutely. You're allowed to voice whatever opinion you want. Just as I'm allowed to say it was a dour mess of a movie that wasted some of the most iconic characters in the world on angry growling while completely missing what makes those characters iconic and loved in the first place.
>>
>>89970879
>The forced "man vs god" analog that's abandoned in the resolution?
how was it in any way abandoned?
>The on-the-nose symbolism?
like?
> The fact that they kill people entirely because Snyder thinks darkness and shock equals maturity?
Now you're just making stuff up.
>>
>>89969021
Then you don't have to act like your opinion is the definitive objective one, duh
>>
i love how i keep seeing new replies to the OP, yet the ip count remains the same.

Passive aggressive marvelfags i swear.
>>
>>89970939
>> The fact that they kill people entirely because Snyder thinks darkness and shock equals maturity?
>Now you're just making stuff up.

didn't they kill off Jimmy?
>>
File: DCCU.jpg (257KB, 978x468px) Image search: [Google]
DCCU.jpg
257KB, 978x468px
BvS is a clumsy attempt to win back affection for Snyder's wretched take on Superman by incorporating Batman and elements of Miller's TDKR.
But instead of a very old Batman settling business with old enemies and facing off against a Superman who is literally a stooge for the White House, we get a vicious reactionary middle-aged Batman who is willing to murder people to get at Superman.

A Superman who is clearly and objectively trying to help people in danger, including thwarting a deadly alien invasion Batman was helpless against. Civilian casualties ensued, but because the collateral deaths were Wayne employees and not Lexcorp security mooks, Batman is driven to murderous rage against a guy who is doing EXACTLY THE SAME JOB HE IS.
This leads to a fight to the death that is inevitable only because both of them are angry, hot-tempered asses who refuse to discuss anything.

Luthor is there for practically no reason at all except to provide someone for Batman to steal Kryptonite from (rather than get it himself), and to hold MARTHA hostage.

How he convinced a group of thugs to abduct the dear mother of a guy who can fly at mach 10, see through walls and has shown that he will fly you through a wall and give no fucks is beyond me.

Snyder seems intent on driving home the point that Superheroism will drive you crazy, which was adequately explored in Watchmen, a film who's atmosphere he seems obsessed with reproducing in the Director's Cut Extended Universe.
>>
>>89970974
Yes, but what makes you think that that was done to be "mature"?
>>
>>89970964
it didn't go up with your post either.

maybe you should stop falseflagging
>>
>>89968783
I don't know how they could ruin a supposed instant hit like BvS. And turn it into this mess.
>>
>>89970984
>Luthor is there for practically no reason at all
>what is entertainment
Luthor's pathology is one of the most interesting things about the film. His rooftop monologue is captivating.
>>
>>89970780
Superman comics in the 90s managed to do a better Lex than BvS
Death of Superman did Doomsday better
Golden Age Batman did Batman killing better than BvS
Frank Miller did Batman better
Paul Dini and Alex Ross managed to portray Superman against the government better than BvS
Grant Morrison did a better Superman in general, even a re-imagined one he did was better
Lois Lane was better in pretty much everything else she's been in
Jeph Loeb managed to give a better reason for conflict between Batman and Superman
>>
>>89970985
The fact that it comes from the same guy who thinks it would be cool to have Batman raped in prison.
>>
>>89971001
>ruin
In what way?
>>
>>89970984
>to provide someone for Batman to steal Kryptonite from

And let's not forget they don't even SHOW that part. We seem him try, and fail. And then when they NEED him to have the Kryptonite, he just steals it offscreen, easy.
>>
>>89971020
In what way is that proof?
e made a Batman movie and DIDN'T have him raped in prison.
>>
>>89970984
Basically it also took vits of "whats funny about truth, justice etc." by making superman disagree with batmans methods but instead of outsmarting or even trying anything it goes to a boxing match that last 5 minutes, the titular bit of the film then its taken from one of the worst arcs of superman.
>>
>>89971023
In every way. Superman, Lex, Doomsday, Batman. Ruined. Like if I actually had the script right now, I would just throw it in the garbage type of ruined. I want a masterpiece that would actually make people want and like to see it. Something more. I didn't get any.
>>
File: luthor.0.jpg (101KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
luthor.0.jpg
101KB, 1200x799px
>>89970939
>how was it in any way abandoned?
Because they humanized Superman and threw him into a generic team-up showdown, dingus.
>like?
The painful scene in pic related.
I'm not. Snyder got into comics through Miller and Moore and liked them because they had sex and violence. He thinks that's what makes a comic good.

>>89970985
Snyder wanted Eisenberg to play Jimmy Olsen so he could kill a major actor to shock the audience. He only cast Eisenberg as Lex because he complained.
>>
File: Evil_Superman.jpg (53KB, 307x450px) Image search: [Google]
Evil_Superman.jpg
53KB, 307x450px
>>89971004
It's a bunch of "boo-hoo, I don't like my Daddy and God is shit", rendered even more moronic when it's revealed that he's literally working FOR an alien space God.

I have less issue with Superman's arch-nemesis being a twitchy spazz than with Snyder adding this completely nonsensical plot development to "set up" his next film.
>>
>>89971025
The initial chase is a segue into Supes stopping Bats.
How is that a flaw?
>>
>>89970988
because i had already posted in the thread you clever boy you.

maybe you should be upset about getting caught out.
>>
>>89971069
>The painful scene in pic related.
That scene is great.
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>89968984
And a shot load of people thought that it was shit.

So just man up and learn how to live liking shit movies, instead of crying that you doesn't have a echo chamber.
>>
>>89968783
You can say whatever the fuck you want
It'll have the same credibility and credential as every other cocksucker at this place

Isn't anonymity great
>>
File: david attenborough.jpg (57KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
david attenborough.jpg
57KB, 460x287px
>>89971072
>It's a bunch of "boo-hoo, I don't like my Daddy and God is shit"
Reductionism is not an argument pal.
>>
>>89971004
>His rooftop monologue is captivating
That's a funny way to spell grating.
>>
I Supreme Court scenes interesting, so there's that, OP.

But the movie is a mess, they definitely didn't execute it well at all.
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7KB, 194x260px
>>89971094
>maybe you should be upset about getting caught out.
What the fuck is up with this turbo-autist post counting in every thread?
Do you want to have a conversation or just play thread monitor? A conversation isn't going to have 400 unique posts in it. Get over yourself.
>>
>>89971102
>And a shot load of people thought that it was shit.

>ad populum
At least try m8.
>>
>>89971123
>Supreme Court scenes interesting, so there's that, OP.
...you mean the Senate scene? With the jar of urine? That scene?
>>
Civil War was a better movie. It was better structured, the finale actually was dramatic, and its villain didn't make me cringe.
BUT that doesn't excuse many stupid fucktards who point out Martha scene as one of the key flaws.
The only flaw in this scene is that Snyder tried to make a parallel too hard.
Batman didn't let Superman live because their mothers shared the same name, but because it was the first time he ever saw him as a human being with his own goals and worries, not as a dangerous force claiming to be a god. How is that so hard to understand you morons?
>>
>>89971096
The fact that the dialogue and symbolism had the subtlety of an atomic bomb and that Eisenberg's character is an obnoxious little shit whose obsession seems to be shoehorning basic "poetic" observations into everything that happens.

Speaking of which, all the meaningless literary references like Lolita and Icarus; more examples of how bullshit Snyder's vision is.
>>
>>89971069
>Because they humanized Superman and threw him into a generic team-up showdown, dingus.
oh i see you're retarded.

Nigga the man v god thing wasnt abandoned, it climaxed with his death and the afterwards funeral sequence.

>The painful scene in pic related.
I'm not sure you understand symbolism

>I'm not. Snyder got into comics through Miller and Moore and liked them because they had sex and violence. He thinks that's what makes a comic good.
You really are mate, i mean

>Snyder wanted Eisenberg to play Jimmy Olsen so he could kill a major actor to shock the audience. He only cast Eisenberg as Lex because he complained.
this is absolute bullshit, only truth to it is Eisenberg auditioned for Olsen.
>>
>>89971023
>>89971049
Relax Socrates, you need to come up with some arguments at some point instead of just being a faggot.
>>
File: nicolas-cage.jpg (23KB, 714x536px) Image search: [Google]
nicolas-cage.jpg
23KB, 714x536px
>>89971119
>>89971142
"I've baited the hook, now to shitpost easy-mode!!"
This is your last (you) from me, Troll-san.
>>
>>89971123
You know what would had been interesting?
has the actual scene instead another boring cog on luthors plan.
Let Superman talk, he wasn't discredited by that bit, he just seemed ineffectual, but that didn't tell or do much we have seem hin be that the whole movie.
>>
>>89971137
i honestly have no clue what you're talking about but Christ you're retarded, its not difficult to notice constant (you)'s to the OP and see the ip count staying the same.

I mean shit why do you act so defensive, pretending to be different people isn't discussion, its just sad.
>>
>>89968783
I agree. I personally find other recent comicbook movies to be uninteresting. Maybe because they have pretty showed their hand and have nothing different or new to offer. I feel like they play everything too safe and predicable.
>>
>>89971072
>It's a bunch of "boo-hoo, I don't like my Daddy and God is shit", rendered even more moronic when it's revealed that he's literally working FOR an alien space God.
Everything Ledger's Joker said was a bunch of "ha-ha, the society is stupid, chaos rulez, I'm an edgy rebel"
Everything Hiddleston's Loki said was "boo-hoo, mah father didn't love me enough, my brother is stupid, I wanna rule"
Everything Mckellen's or Fassbender's Magneto said was "boo-hoo, humanity is shit, kill them all, I am superior"
>>
>>89971178
>Nigga the man v god thing wasnt abandoned
Yes it was. In every way. The whole point of the Martha bit is that Superman was as human as Batman. Then he teamed up with a regular person who was shown to be as powerful as him.
>I'm not sure you understand symbolism
I do, I just understand it without a fucking caricature pointing at it and saying "see? Symbolism!"
>You really are mate, i mean
http://www.vox.com/2016/5/2/11565932/zack-snyder-justice-league
>this is absolute bullshit, only truth to it is Eisenberg auditioned for Olsen.
http://batman-news.com/2016/03/26/jesse-eisenberg-jimmy-olsen-batman-v-superman/
>>
File: objective.png (85KB, 743x624px) Image search: [Google]
objective.png
85KB, 743x624px
>>89971184
>>89971188
who needs "arguments" when you have objective facts that every single thing about the movie is shit no matter what any loser on the internet says
>>
>>89971226
No one is "pretending" anything you incredibly dense motherfucker.
90% of the people on this board won't touch these threads you make.
>>
>>89971256
>objective
How can you be objective when you talk about movies and anything other than their technical side? Critic are just people with their opinions.
>>
>>89971259
im not OP you stupid fuck
>>
>>89971072
>Luthor
>working for ayy lmaos
Did brainlets really get this interpretation?
>>
>>89971243
Lex is literally ranting about how Superman thinks he's "God on High" doing whatever the fuck he wants (which is ostensibly rescuing Astronauts and fire victims).

Then we learn that he's working for an Alien God who wants to dominate humanity.

Goyer and Snyder had no fucking idea what to do with Lex Luthor. And why even HAVE Lex Luthor at this point? He's been a villain in seven fucking Superman movies.

Why they didn't use Glorious Godfrey is beyond me, instead of turning Luthor into an unrecognizable pile of cringe.
>>
File: Chistilshik.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Chistilshik.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>Batman and Superman are assholes
Why is that a flaw now? This movie just tries to portray them more realistically. It seems them nerds don't wanna have their pink glasses taken off...
>>
>>89968783

YOU'D BE CORRECT
>>
>>89971163
Superman interfering with international incidents to save Lois and then being held accountable to it.

The jar of piss, not so much.
>>
>>89971249
>Yes it was. In every way.
but it wasnt

>Then he teamed up with a regular person who was shown to be as powerful as him.
Which is why he stood on the sidelines occasionally shooting kryptonite gas right?

>I do, I just understand it without a fucking caricature pointing at it and saying "see? Symbolism!"
The painting in that sequence isnt symbolism, something isnt symbolism when its explicitly stated as to what it signifies in the film. Some of the visual allegories like pic related is however.

I stand corrected on the Olsen point however, apologies.
>>
>>89971331
>Goyer and Snyder had no fucking idea what to do with Lex Luthor. And why even HAVE Lex Luthor at this point? He's been a villain in seven fucking Superman movies.
because rest of Supes' rogue gallery is fucking retarded
a guy made of metal and kryptonite who somehow doesn't kill Superman instantly?
a mentally challenged comic relief clone of Superman?
a fucking interdimensional imp?
an alien who shrinks cities and collects them?
a guy who makes dangerous toys?
When I decide to go to cinema after a week of hard work at the cash register I expect to see awesome stuff not kiddy shit
>>
>>89970780
>>89968783
You smell like /v/
>>
File: BatKilmer.jpg (48KB, 494x615px) Image search: [Google]
BatKilmer.jpg
48KB, 494x615px
>>89971344
>This movie just tries to portray them more realistically.
That's the funniest shit, because Snyderverse Bats and Supes are in no way "more realistic" than any other version of them.

Supes is still a handsome completely human looking deep space alien who can fly through the sky because of "yellow sunlight" (completely fictitious).
Batman is now even less likely, he's a lawless vigilante who's allowed to attack whomever he wants with advanced military ordinance inside of a major American city, and no one, not even the newspapers, can be bothered to give a single fuck.

It's angrier; but it's just as cornball as the 60's.
>>
>>89971004
He was not entertaining. He functionally was also not Luthor in anything but name.

I will go out and buy BvS on the most expensive Blu-ray collector's edition I can find if you answer me one question:

How did Luthor know that Batman was Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent was Superman, before / during / in the aftermath of the events of Man of Steel?
>>
>>89971411
don't watch kids movies then

aka cape movies.
>>
>>89971331
>Why they didn't use Glorious Godfrey is beyond me
Because then people would bitch about using a literal who Jim Jones parody instead of a recognisable character
>>
File: Luthor.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Luthor.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>89971455
Lex Luthor is "recognizable" as a bald middle-aged genius, not some giddy long-haired flake.

Doomsday is no more familiar than Godfrey or the rest of Darkseid's crew. Better to build up a new villain since you already have Batman as the marquee antagonist, than to butcher Luthor.
>>
>>89971344
>Why is being an asshole a flaw?
https://youtu.be/eCfU44cnbCc
A puppet is gonna school you.
>>
>>89971411
>Everything I know about these characters comes from Superman: the Animated Series
>Because they appeared in a kids show, they are kiddy characters
This is what casuals actually believe.
>>
File: Incubus.png (294KB, 636x397px) Image search: [Google]
Incubus.png
294KB, 636x397px
>>89971411
>When I decide to go to cinema after a week of hard work at the cash register I expect to see awesome stuff not kiddy shit
You got to see two guys in padded muscle suits wrestle in green space gas and then fight what would be the silliest looking CGI monster of the year if Suicide Squad hadn't been made.
>>
>>89971411
while i think the guy you're replying to has a very poor argument, this really is no better. Just because a character can seem conceptually silly, does not mean they cannot work well. Just look at Batman's rouges for comparison, or fucking Black Manta.

>>89971519
>Lex Luthor is "recognizable" as a bald middle-aged genius, not some giddy long-haired flake.
But BvS Lex was based on the younger Lex, specifically Birthright, who had long red hair, same coat as well. By the end of the film you see him looking more like his typical look anyway.

>Doomsday is no more familiar than Godfrey or the rest of Darkseid's crew.
I do hope you're not serious.
>>
>>89971532
Do I even need to explain why it's stupid to morally judge FICTIONAL CHARACTERS on the same level as we judge real life people?
>>
>>89971535
Yeah, let's totally ignore the 70-ish years of 10th dimensional imps and people who stick pennies in their ears, and just look at these few authors very specific dozen-or-so issues from the 1980's and early 90's. They are the only people who understand my version of the characters.
>>
Sure it's an interesting idea but just cause someone has a good idea don't mean it's executed well.

I don't mind the idea of a darker cape flick, the fact they're trying at all I will admit has some odd sense of nobility when compared to the MCU which while are decent enough are generally the same thing over and over for the most part.

But the writing and directing is just plain awful and I don't believe you should give points for "trying". They tried and failed. I don't care how different they wanted to be, they failed spectacularly.
>>
>>89971640
I'll accept your concession that the characters in this film lacked realistic morality, motivations, and characteristics.
>>
>>89968783
>I've been reading cape Comics for 20 years
>only reads Morrison, Busiek, and Miller

Son, I don't know why you have to lie on an anonymous image board, but that is a diet of someone who has been reading Comics a total of maybe 3 years. Now I'm not judging you, but try exploring a bit more.
>>
File: Darkseid_008.jpg (138KB, 608x922px) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid_008.jpg
138KB, 608x922px
>>89971633
So you're arguing FOR the recognizability of a Luthor that only existed in a 12 issue limited series, completely different from the last 50 years of movies and television...

But arguing that no one would recognize characters from the 4th World in the same breath?

That is some stunning mental gymnastics.
>>
>>89971763
>So you're arguing FOR the recognizability of a Luthor that only existed in a 12 issue limited series
no, simply explaining where his design stemmed from, and that by the end of the film he was what people recognise from the character.

>But arguing that no one would recognize characters from the 4th World in the same breath?
At a reach most people, including comic readers tend to only recognise Granny, the Furies and the big man himself, maybe mister Miracle at a reach.

Yes more people will be familiar with Birthright than Fourth World, how is that even a question? What do you honestly think more people recognise.

>That is some stunning mental gymnastics.
Coming from the guy who thinks Doomsday isnt recogniseable
>>
>>89971165
>Batman didn't let Superman live because their mothers shared the same name, but because it was the first time he ever saw him as a human being with his own goals and worries, not as a dangerous force claiming to be a god. How is that so hard to understand you morons?

Yeah, that's why seconds before he literally said "I bet YOUR PARENTS taught you that you are here for a reason"

This movie is dumb, deal with it anon.
>>
>>89972284
So? He might've still seen Superman a fanatic. Here, he saw hiw seeking to save someone close to him, like Batman himself would.
>>
File: OTP_or_FAP.jpg (75KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
OTP_or_FAP.jpg
75KB, 500x667px
How about a topic redirect. Let's discuss how this movie could have been better.

Yeah, I went there.
>>
>>89972483
>Let's discuss how this movie could have been better.
I wish Batman would say more quirky jokes, acting like a true playboy millionaire should. Also Superman should've smiled more and also make some jokes. And Luthor should've had only 5 minutes of screen time and have a generic take over the world plan. And Wonder Woman should've helped them in a way that would make it 100% clear that this cis scum is nothing without a strong woman hand.
>>
>>89972531
>I wish Batman would say more quirky jokes, acting like a true playboy millionaire should.
Okay.

>Also Superman should've smiled more and also make some jokes.
Okay.

>And Luthor should've had only 5 minutes of screen time and have a generic take over the world plan.
Okay.

>And Wonder Woman should've helped them in a way that would make it 100% clear that this cis scum is nothing without a strong woman hand.
What?
>>
>>89971649
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue, exactly, considering the slavish recreation of Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman that was Dawn of Justice, with a heaping helping of Snyder's customarily ham-fisted biblical allegory.

It's an old saw, but no less true, that what was good was not original and what was original was not good.

Except, in this case, what was not original was not good, either, because the filmmakers misunderstand why those stories are considered so important in the first place.
>>
>>89972483
Exact same except with a positive RT score so people are forced to like it.
>>
>>89972757
Go kys, you Trump supporter.
>>
>>89971243
Difference is those were talented actors delivering compelling performances

Eisenberg's Luthor was neither
>>
>>89972967
Pardon me?
>>
>>89973006
Eisenberg's was better than all of them.
>>
>>89973109
Nah
>>
>>89973154
ye
>>
>>89973165
If his character was meant to be a parody of its own concept, then yeah, outstanding performance

But I feel like it was meant to be taken seriously
>>
>>89973191
nope it's kino
>>
>>89968783
Dude, that means you started reading during the 90s.

. . .

Oh god, that was 20 years ago.
>>
>>89968783
Interesting doesn't mean good so yes
>>
>>89968783
it's interesting, but execution is a different matter.
because its a movie, EVERYONE has an opinion on it. if it was a comic, it would have found its niche and nobody would bitch about it other than baiters looking for yous.
>>
>>89968783

BvS was just ahead of its time, just like Ang Lee's Hulk... both true kino.

People would've shredded TDK the same if it came out in 90s.
>>
>>89974103
People would have loved Batman and Robin if it came out during the MCU era.
>>
>>89968783
I'm right there with you man.
>>
>>89971069
this is a dumb post, most teens get into comics through edgy shit, hell I did, and now I own fucking Eisner comics. Get off your high horse.
>>
>>89968783
I would agree that the idea of a superpowered alien descending to Earth causing massive >implications,
along with how they combat the stigma while still being somehow ultimately benevolent, is a great idea for a story.

But I feel (and write this off as a "not muh" now if you must) that Superman is in its core optimistic. He doesn't trip over himself as much as Superman in MoS does and his debut is on his own terms, and the world doesn't react in polarized hostility/deification. They accept him as a protector and he paves the way for future heroes. When other Kryptonians come down they've had prior proof that Supes means what he preaches and that he's not destructive like them. I think Goyer and Snyder's vision of this is an interesting story but one that's so divorced from the thematic spine of the character that they destroyed any chance for it to truly work, plus with the regular story and pacing problems the movies already have they are just big, expensive trash.
>>
>>89968783
In the newspapers probably, grandpa.
Just kidding I know you're a polfag /tv/ shillposter.
Fuck you.
>>
>>89973109
I liked him too. I've noticed lately that a lot of cape villains are kind of blandly idealistic, they have some goal that the hero disagrees with but generally just go about their plan in a boringly business like fashion. Lex is good because he has a plan, but a lot of the stuff he does is motivated solely by being a complete prick. For example.

>He assassinated Senator Finch, which is just business, but he left a jar of piss on her desk as a cruel joke just before he killed her. Pure evil.

>Kidnapping Martha Kent to force Superman to fight Batman is standard villain shit, but he also wrote the word "WITCH" on her forehead in the pictures he showed Superman. That's fucked up.

>Generally being a creepy sleaze who enjoys disrespecting personal space. Like when he placed a jolly rancher into the government guy's mouth, or sniffed Lois' hair.

It's the extra touches that make him truly evil.
>>
File: rottenscore.png (1MB, 569x2637px) Image search: [Google]
rottenscore.png
1MB, 569x2637px
>>
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice *is* a movie for fans of DC comics.
But it's also a reminder that "fan" is an abbreviation for "fanatic", A fanatic is defined as a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal for an ideal or cause.
At no point does being a fanatic require the object of that zeal to have actual merit or quality. In point of fact, fanaticism often flies in the face of an absence of merit. Fanaticism asks of its practitioners that they ignore flaws and over-inflate merit to excessive extremes.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a movie for fans of DC comics.
>>
>>89968783
You can say anything or have any opinion you want. I think even people that didn't like the movie, which includes myself, can agree it was an interesting, unexpected take on the characters. Did it work? Personally, I think it could have with better direction and a more cohesive script....except Eisenthor. Fuck Eisenthor.
>>
>>89968783
Yes, probably the best movie regarding comics i have seen in a long time.
>>
It's a mess but at least it's an interesting mess which is more than I can say for other superhero movies.
>>
>>89979854
>IP didn't increased.
>>
>>89968783
>am I allowed ... interesting take

Nope.

Ignorance, stupidity and plain old simply wrongness must never be encouraged.
>>
>>89968882
Fuck you
t. American
>>
>>89968783
If you want to substitute shit for interesting, sure.

Sure, it was "interesting" when Bryne had Superman snap Zod's neck, but it was a shitty story. It was "interesting" when Batman hated rock and roll because he got raped by a musican, but it was still a shitty story. It was "interesting" when the JLA lost their powers and found christianity, but it was still a shitty story.
>>
>>89969415
Or maybe people just don't like shit movies.
>>
In my opinion this movie was the good shit, sucks that Justice League is gonna get all the rough edges sanded off, leaving nothing interesting behind.
>>
>>89983335
Hope the trailer is out with either Logan or Kong: Skull Island, so I can see if Snyder has still got the juice.
>>
/tv/ here, BvS was literally KINO
>>
>>89977701

>circularlogiciscircular.jpg
>>
>>89975789

>people

You mean DCEU fanboys and the Internet Hot Take Squad.
>>
>>89986543
A sociopath pedophile that obsesses over celebrity gossip who likes BvS is further proof that the movie is shit.
>>
New=/=Good
>>
>>89968839

What a well thought out, reasonable argument.
>>
WTF is this thread even? It's just a movie.
>>
I hope Affleck doesn't really quit Batman, he was great in this.
>>
>>89971025
>We seem him try, and fail. And then when they NEED him to have the Kryptonite, he just steals it offscreen, easy.

And we see him having decimated everything at Lexcorp, rather than doing a subtle nab and grab. He went in guns blazing and wrecking everybody from the building to the security guards. It goes to further show how out of control Batman has become.
>>
File: vlcsnap-5085-02-05-16h39m00s615.png (1MB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-5085-02-05-16h39m00s615.png
1MB, 1920x802px
>>89988653
RIP Basketball. I love this shot actually, Batman taking the time to fuck up Luthor's basketball, hilarious.
>>
File: cerealously.jpg (674KB, 1100x746px) Image search: [Google]
cerealously.jpg
674KB, 1100x746px
>>89968783
Yes, however it's a terrible start for a cinematic universe, especially one marketed to LITTLE KIDS.
>>
>>89971331
>Lex is literally ranting about how Superman thinks he's "God on High" doing whatever the fuck he wants (which is ostensibly rescuing Astronauts and fire victims).

Lex's issue wasn't that Superman was a God, it was that Superman was being seen as a benevolent, all powerful God figure who saves everyone, which went against the very notion of how Lex perceives the world and God as a concept. So Lex wanted to prove Superman was either a fake or evil. It didn't matter which, as long as he destroyed the public facade, and in best case scenario, use his intelligence to make a God bend his kneel to him.

God can't be good and also all powerful, because evil exists. If God is all powerful, it must mean he is not good. Under such system Lex would have no problem with Darkseid, who is the representation of all Evil in existence.
>>
>>89988855
Yeah, I heard this pointed out in this letterboxd review of it.

>https://letterboxd.com/thejoshl/film/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

>… weirdly enough, though, with Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice snyder has made his choice this time around – to double down on his post-9/11 meditation using these superheroes, yes, but believe it or not it actually kinda works. BvS is fascinating because it’s supposed to be a billion dollar universe-establishing tentpole, but it’s really not a good one – the introduction to the future justice league members is maybe the laziest & worst we’ve seen in any of these kinds of movies, and that’s including The Amazing Spider-Man 2 which hinted at spider-man’s villains all being created by oscorp & just kinda chilling in the basement. snyder, for seemingly heading up this entire cinematic universe, is surprisingly uninterested in the future of it -- every tease or hint feels studio-mandated & intrusive to the story he actually wants to tell. meanwhile that story doesn’t have much to do with any iteration of these characters we’re familiar with. (i truly cannot see other filmmakers working within the aesthetic & archetypes he establishes here. at least not in any long term way.) to me, with BvS zack snyder has done the exact same thing burton did in the 90s, he’s found himself in charge of these characters & he knows the story he’s interested in telling so he’s molded them to his vision like he’s playing with action figures… and goddamn if it isn’t more interesting & thrilling than any of his work in years.
>>
>>89988855
>especially one marketed to LITTLE KIDS.

Superhero movies are marketed to manchildren, who are and act like little kids. Small, but significant difference.
>>
>>89988855
Those cereals were actually pretty good
>>
>>89971763

Luthor with red hair has been a thing for a very long time. Especially when depicting a younger Lex. What, did you think he was born bald and never grew hair?
>>
>>89977413
That Jolly Rancher scene was great. He really thinks he's so much better than everyone, treating even a senator like a child.

I didn't notice him sniffing Lois's hair. That's weird.
>>
>>89972284

No, you're dumb. He didn't think Superman was literally born through immaculate conception. Batman's thought process was that Superman was inhuman thing that could not relate to human beings so he could just kill everyone one day if he got bored, since we would be like ants to him. It's fear and hate blinding him. Then he finds out Superman actually had a human mother called Martha, whom he cares about, and it breaks the Batman's entire argument. He was about to just kill another man, not an evil alien invader. Batman realized he had become Joe Chill.
>>
>>89988653
Funnily enough, the car chase was actually the EASY way, which is why he gave up temporarily and probably would have done something different if it weren't for the Capitol bombing.

>>89988753
Smashing Lex's basketball was a nice touch. Very funny.
>>
I hope Superman has long hair/a beard when he comes back to life in Justice League, like those "leaks" from last week said.
>>
>>89977413

IMO, Lex became GOAT when he was at the top of Lexcorp and revealed his true persona by first ridiculing Lois, showing her off the building and then throwing those degrading photos of Ma to Clark when he shows up. Dude was nothing but pure evil smugness, basking on his own superiority. And that's Lex Luthor down to a T.
>>
>>89986552
I'll rephrase it.
DCEU is for fans of DC comics, in the sense that fans will gladly eat and defend utter shit if it has the right logo on it. Being "for fans" in this case isn't synonymous with being a good thing at all.

And it's not even consistent besides. Half the "fans" are yelling "Not muh" at the other half.
>>
I don't get why Lex gets to the the odd man out.
Lois is already well established Pulitzer prize winning instead of a scrappy rookie with something to prove. Batman is old and pissed off and he's gone through at least one Robin. Wonder Woman is a few millenia old and is jaded as fuck, Superman's having his mid life crisis and by the movie he's even dead.

So why does Lex get to be the little kid version? Shouldn't he ALSO be a bald suave motherfucker? All the other principle characters in this movie have already had their mileage. The only theory I can come up with is "Because different!" and that's just disappointing.
>>
>>89989461
He's the same age as Superman, he's just a reedy voiced tech sperg so he seems young.
>>
>>89968783
It is, it's also shit, and contrary to popular belief, those two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>89989461
>So why does Lex get to be the little kid version? Shouldn't he ALSO be a bald suave motherfucker?

If you want Lex to become the supervillain he is, he needs to encounter and fight Superman, so that he becomes motivated to devote all his energy to killing him. In the 80s Lex was fat and balding tycoon, now he's a silicon valley type businessman.
>>
Justice League trailer WHEN?
>>
>>89968944
I dobt feel bad for ben. Screw that. He sucks
>>
>>89989664
>In the 80s Lex was fat and balding tycoon, now he's a silicon valley type businessman.
Well first, it's not like fat and balding tycoons went out of style.
Second, one of the things I noticed about his Lex that doesn't seem to get pointed out enough is that he's doesn't really have anything of his own. Lexcorp may be a big company, but its one he inherits from his father, Doomsday was cobbled together from Zod's corpse and the Black Zero, his master plan hinges on a third party of Batman acting in exactly the right way 100% of the time, and when all else fails he calls Darkseid for help.

Now, I'm sure that it's gonna get me called a casual but I'd have liked Lex to at least have one thing to his name beyond a very convoluted plan to discredit Superman that wasn't even really necessary.
>>
>>89989981
>his master plan hinges on a third party of Batman acting in exactly the right way 100% of the time

Incorrect. Lex has multiple plans in place, that share the same general end goal but are flexible and can be adjusted when new factors come to play. He doesn't just depend on Batman doing X, Y and Z and hope for the best when it comes to his scheme. He's manipulating several things at once. He's making Superman go after Batman. He's manipulating Batman to attack Superman. He attempts to make a joint venture with Wayne Industries as way to possible give Batman the Kryptonite, but Bruce rebuffs his advance. Etc. etc. He even figured out the identities of every Justice League member before the League was even formed.
>>
>>89968783
I don't dislike BvS only because of its "take on the mythos". My problem with the movie is that its a bad movie. The characters barely interact with one another for much of the movie. The scenes don't connect properly. The story tries to sell these characters as diametrically opposed to one another, yet both are acting in the exact same way. You could make the argument that they're both blinded by pride to that fact, yet the movie never bothers to pick up or explore that thread, instead wallowing in judeo-christian imagery and turning the three main characters into analogues for biblical figures. The fights themselves were bombastic and over blown to the point where it was hard to tell what was going on.

Now that we got that out of the way lets talk about Snyder's treatment of the mythos.
Lex Luthor's casting was laughably bad. There's alternate interpretations of a character but there's no semblance of Lex Luthor in the movie other than "Rich asshole" a character is more than his surface featiures and I think that's the biggest problem with the movie. Snyder sees these characters and includes the broad stroke imagery and barest character traits, yet doesn't put anything else of these characters into the movie. Instead he fills in the blanks himself and it falls flat.

Yes, he wanted a darker take on Batman, but his solution to that was to write the fucking Punisher into his movie and put him into a Batman suit. Nolan's movies were more grounded than most comics, its true, but he still explored what it meant to be batman, a dark defender of the innocent who lives outside of regular life. What it meant to Bruce, and what it meant to Gotham. There is no exploration of that nature in BvS.

Superman is similarly lacking. He's painted as a god descended from heaven in the clumsiest manners possible, yet there's nothing about the nature of inspiring hope in any of Superman's actions.[/spoiler]
>>
>>89990230
Cont. Thats honestly my biggest problem with BvS. Snyder paints it as this epic through the use of biblical imagery, yet when you examine the movie its incredibly shallow. None of the characters have much thought put into their motivations. They're treated as moving parts with no regards to character history.

Batman and Superman are opposed to one another because they need to be for the plot to work. Lex is evil because he wants to be seen as an angel(via symbolism that you people won't shut up about) and he acts on this by causing destruction in the least subtle way possible. People hate Superman because he isn't an infallible god, yet people are also treating him like a god. Batman is branding people because a robin just died, but oh wait thats only in the outside commentary on the movie. Wonder Woman is there to plug her movie and Justice League.

The movie insists on grinding forward with events without scenes and characterization leading into one another. Framed by a director with a hard-on for mythologically epic scaling yet in his hubris does not take the time to study the characters he's using.. Saddest thing is, is that I think the movie could've been good in the hands of a different director. Snyder is just poison to everything he does. He's like Micheal Bay if Micheal Bay was pretentious.
>>
So how did they establish that kryptonite harms Superman? There wasn't any in MoS.
>>
>>89990620
They tested it on Zod's corpse, did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>89990728
If I had why would I be asking?
>>
>>89990728
They didn't SAY it though.
>>
File: vlcsnap-3547-06-21-19h59m28s036.png (2MB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-3547-06-21-19h59m28s036.png
2MB, 1920x802px
>>89990758
Yeah they did.
>>
>>89990757
People ask a lot of really obvious questions about this movie even after they watched it. It's not that complicated so I don't know why.
>>
You're allowed to voice it regardless. Either way it's still wrong.
>>
>>89990807
I don't see "kryptonite hurts Superman" there.
>>
>>89990829

Maybe the information is poorly conveyed in the narrative. Just because something is explained or conveyed in the context of the story doesn't mean it was done well.

This is why the "JUST PAY ATTENTION" argument is so worthless. Paying attention doesn't mean the actual movie handled the concepts well even if the information was there, you're ignoring the execution by just saying the idea is enough.
>>
>>89990860
>Kryptonite causes kryptonian cells to decay
>Superman is kryptonian

Figure it out.

>>89990867
They probably weren't paying attention because they didn't like the movie, but they can't say it didn't address the stuff it addressed.
>>
File: 1457578472678.jpg (97KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1457578472678.jpg
97KB, 500x555px
I'll never forget seeing Supes' death for the first time, not because of the moment it's self, but because of the resulting reaction.

When he "died", the audience was completely silent, all except for one kid who was crying and his mother, no joke saying stuff like:

>Superman's dead, mommy!
>I know
>The monster killed him!
>Shh i know i know.
>He's really dead!

I think i lost a little bit of my happiness that night. Fuck you, Zack. Fuck you.
>>
>>89991017
More of these please.
>>
>>89991017
Maybe they'll be happy when he comes back in Justice League?
>>
>>89991032
That is if they go see it.
>>
>>89990309
>None of the characters have much thought put into their motivations.

Sounds more like you're too dense to understand it because you're too eager to get triggered by some cliched judeo-christean allegories.
>>
>>89991064
They'll probably spoil Superman's resurrection in the trailer to try get butts in seats.
>>
>>89991017
jesus christ
>>
>>89991153
Nope.

That anon is right, the movie looks like a teenager fanfiction. Pretty patethic.

No wonder it will be remembered like The Last Airbender and DBZ Evolution.
>>
>>89991017
On my theater, nobody seemed to give a fuck.

Hell, online nobody seems to give a fuck; I saw more commotion when people thought that Tony Stark was going to die in IM3 and Cap in CW. With Superman is like "oh well, I guess it happened".
>>
>>89991202
It's because even the newest casual knows he's coming back.
>>
>>89991517
The Super is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.
>>
>>89991178
Say what you want about BvS, but NOTHING is as bad as DB:E.
>>
>>89991517
And also because Snyder and Goyer utterly failed in making the audience connect with him.
>>
>>89991618

>but NOTHING is as bad as DB:E.

At least it's short.

BvS was intolerable.
>>
>>89991756

Nah, I felt his pain in BvS. But then again, I can relate to people the way spergs can't.
>>
>>89990096
Yeah except Lex's manipulations require very specific reactions from people. He's making Superman go after Batman because Superman can't have learned to and for some reason HAS to have a beef with Batman's methods ahead of time not not so badly he'll cross the river into Gotham and stop crimes there before the plot requires him to. He's manipulating Batman to attack Batman; the same Batman that doesn't seem to do a goddamn thing for two years like use his resources to hack into the government to track the alien he wants to kill and discover his secrets; best let someone else do that.

Lex isn't competent, it's just that everyone else is selectively incompetent.
>>
>>89990309
>S. Snyder paints it as this epic through the use of biblical imagery

I hate that the only shit americans can see is biblical shit.
>>
>>89991820
I felt his pain to. To such an excent that I don't even really want him back. Let Clark rest; he's earned it and they painted his life as nothing but loneliness and suffering capped off by having to sacrifice his very life just so people would like him for a fleeting moment.

Clark was the kid that killed himself so that he could get a dedicated page in the yearbook. One might say that he became an hero.
>>
>>89991918
Yes there's other symbolism but come the fuck on man the movie was intentionally released on Good Friday and its predecessor was literally direct marketed to churches in the south complete with a sermon written by pastors that WB hired that compares Superman and Christ.

The studio WANTS us to see the biblical shit. You can't place all the blame on the audience.
>>
>>89991900
>the same Batman that doesn't seem to do a goddamn thing for two years

This brings me back to the time where it was rumored that Bruce would have Bat-Drones watching over Gotham.

I guess that idea was scrapped when AoU came around.
>>
File: image.jpg (222KB, 672x886px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222KB, 672x886px
>>89968783
In the same way that this guy in pic related is an utterly unique and fascinating human being, yes.
>>
>>89970939
Remember Snyder outright saying that he needed to "grow up" the characters by making them kill? Selective memory is a funny thing.
>>
all the memes and shits aside, if they wanted to portray lex like that, they should have found a different actor. those cringey lines and all those hmms wouldn't sound bad if Tommy Wiseau played Lex Luthor.
>>
>>89991820
Are you saying that most of the world is a buzzword while you are the only one normal?

Are you sure that YOU aren't the actual sperg that is fanatic?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 328x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 328x398px
>>89991155
>> Actually believing it wasn't a foregone conclusion
>>
>>89991820
>> Everyone but me is a sperg
Sure, buddy.
>>
>>89970939

read any interview with the man . He doesn't hide it
>>
File: 1486694601560.jpg (170KB, 602x662px) Image search: [Google]
1486694601560.jpg
170KB, 602x662px
>>89971722
You now realize that all three of those men are still releasing new material.
>>
>>89990867
>Maybe the information is poorly conveyed in the narrative.

It wasn't. You'd know if you watched the movie. All the info is there, but not shoved in your face and repeated 10 times because Snyder thinks the audience isn't retarded. I wish more people treated the audience with respect like he does.
>>
>>89991017
That means Snyder succeeded. Why are you complaining?
>people being sad at a sad moment is bad
Autism?
>>
>>89970874
General audiences are retarded, especially Americans
>>
>>89970879
The resolution was that the ubermensch found redemption after superman sacrifice.
>>
>>89970974
And how does that means it was supposed to be about maturity? It was to shock the audience, but normies don't care about Jimmy and the theatrical cut didn't even named him so it was lost to the fans.

I still don't get how shock equals maturity in the mind of Snyder haters
>>
>>89970984
Yes, batman was wrong and the antagonist, just like superman was in dkr, it's valid. Batman fucked up and superman saves him
>>
>>89971020
He has never said that would had been cool, he said that in the watchmen universe being raped in prison is a real danger. Not that it was cool, not that it was mature, not that it was deep, just that even fiction about superheroes can have real dangers beyond save the world, and that's especially truth when talking about watchmen where a hero was killed for being a lesbian
>>
>>89993212
But he said BATMAN would be raped in prison. Not that the Watchmen characters could be.
>>
>>89971168
What he says isn't true, how hard to understand that everything he says is bullshit? He just plain hates anyone with more power, he is a perfect Luthor; an petty villian with a small cock. He blames others for his shortcomings, he wants to believe he is justified, but he is just a monster. The only time he was truthful was in the party. The whole point of daddy's fist and abominations is that lex bullshit about God not saving him and then you have superman actually stopping the fist of doomsday, saving lex. And yet he keeps being an evil bastard. I'm tired of idiots expecting bad guys to handhold them and explaining everything
>>
>>89993223
Not him but actually he didn't. He said that Batman COULD be raped in the type of movie that he makes, when comparing Nolan's movies to his. He was trying to tell people that Nolan's movies are not as dark as people think they are, especially compared to his.
>>
>>89993039
>Americans
Sounds like someone's jealous. Third worlder?
>>
>>89975789
Batman forever sure, just re-watch it, it's literally the basis for the Mcu
>>
>>89993329
You really expect Snyder haters to have basic reading comprehension? Plus the fact that Batman wasn't raped in prison means BvS wasn't a "dark" movie.
>>
>>89989461
Bald suave?

I see you just want Johns and timm versions, lex is a fat ugly manlet, or a skinny ugly manlet in most versions, Fuck off, I hate when pleb that only like one version of Lez complaint about anything that isn't the one their like. Kids that were born after Smallville have the shittiest opinions. Lex is a petty evil guy that hates superman, he wants praise, either as the greatest criminal mind, as the richest guy, as president or even as a hero, he is lex, pure ego, pure hatred, and always trying to justify himself and his actions. Bvs is a perfect lex, I'm tired of capeshit when you are supposed to like the villians. Back in the day you were allowed to have villians that were just bad and not cool
>>
>>89991017
Same in my theater, that was a good thing.
>>
>>89993223
He was talking about the difference between Nolan's batman and Watchmen, the movie he was making.
>>
>>89968783
Honestly, the more I watch the MCU, the more I hate DCEU, both for how badly it was executed and how much missed opportonity were made during its conception.

In regards to BvS though, one thing that always struck me as weird was how Superman couldn't just locate his mother's heart beat like he did with Lois and the question only runs deeper having watched a few episodes of "Daredevil."

Like Daredevil is a human being that can sense a dude coming from three floors up because the dude wore thick cologne and can accurately pinpoint a few mobsters stuffing a chick in a taxi from a few blocks away...yet Superman can't pinpoint his mother's location and just run a train on Lex's whole operation in the moment it'd take him to save his mother?

Not to mention how Batman didn't gather any information on Supes in the two years that he's been crazy or how the Joker is still alive even though Batman doesn't have a no-kill policy in this continuity.

Overall, it's just weird.
>>
>>89993650
Try to answer yourself, seriously. You are not that dumb, try it.
>>
>>89990860
>causes cell degeneration
>"Hurr, it don't say it hurts him"
I thought you Snyderfags were all about reading between the lines.
>>
>>89993650
Honestly, the more I watch the DCEU, the more I hate MCU, both for how badly it was executed and how much missed opportonity were made during its conception.
>>
>>89991017
>I'll take "shit that never happened" for 500 Alex
>>
>>89993694
That guy is a Snyder hater like you. Really says something when you're too stupid to see that someone is on your own team.

Just goes to show that all Snyder haters have below-average IQs.
>>
>>89993672
Only answer that makes sense boils down to shitty writing.
>>89993710
Doesn't really work in the reverse since the MCU is a successful franchise.
>>
>>89968845
self-important also applies
>>
File: damage control.jpg (101KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
damage control.jpg
101KB, 650x650px
>>89993748
>>
File: 1470104429447.png (643KB, 1148x1664px) Image search: [Google]
1470104429447.png
643KB, 1148x1664px
>>89971344
>pink glasses taken off

It's rose-tinted you god damn philistine.
>>
>>89968783
ITT: Snyder Defense Trolls unite
>>
I think if the DCEU were the same as the MCU, I would get tired of super hero movies REALLY fucking fast.

After watching MoS, BvS and SS back to back, I can safely say that MoS is underrated, SS is utter shit with great moments and BvS is a solid 8/10 movie.

What's weird is I've never watched an MCU movie more than once, even though at first glance they are more enjoyable.
>>
>>89988898
>every tease or hint feels studio-mandated & intrusive to the story he actually wants to tell. meanwhile that story doesn’t have much to do with any iteration of these characters we’re familiar with. (i truly cannot see other filmmakers working within the aesthetic & archetypes he establishes here. at least not in any long term way.)
And that is a problem, since Warner wanted a cinematic connected universe. And Snyder created a Superman unfit to lead the Justice League.
>>
>>89993748
>>89993462
LOL.

Snyderfags are literally the dumbest people around here, as evidenced by their retarded flat arguments that even a 12 year old would refute easily
>>
>>89991900
>He's making Superman go after Batman because Superman can't have learned to and for some reason HAS to have a beef with Batman's methods ahead of time not not so badly he'll cross the river into Gotham and stop crimes there before the plot requires him to.

Superman doesn't fight street crime, he primarily worked as a rescuer during calamities. He doesn't go on patrols because he lived a normal 9 to 5 life and thought Superman was just a way to go about helping people while keeping his identity hidden. Batman's brutality is also something that builds up over time, and he isn't as active as he used to be, so it's only at the start of the movie that Clark could become aware of him due to the torture performing vigilante aspect catching his attention.

>the same Batman that doesn't seem to do a goddamn thing for two years like use his resources to hack into the government to track the alien he wants to kill and discover his secrets; best let someone else do that.

First of all, the government wasn't able to track Superman. Batman also has a very limited and biased view of Superman, he does not perceive him as someone having a normal life, similar how Byrne Luthor refused to believe that a being that strong could be someone like Clark Kent so he scrapped the whole project. It's a character flaw, his fear and anger is blinding him. Batman's sole focus and motive was also to kill Superman, so he concentrated his efforts to that venue, finding a way to take down a God. That was the priority. That's why he was looking for the white Portuguese in the beginning.

Lex's plan isn't a simple make X do Y and then profit, it's to manipulate multiple people and events, and try to steer his pawns towards the vague goal of ruining Superman's reputation and possibly killing him. He doesn't even care if Batman can kill Superman, that's why he attempts to make Superman murder Batman, while he's simultaneously cooking up Doomsday st the Kryptonian stove.
>>
>>89968783
>starts a post about how he's been reading for 20 years
>now reads Morrison, Busiek, and Miller
>accuses others of attempting to virtue signal preemptively while doing it
>242 replies

/co/ continues to be the easiest board to bait.
>>
>>89993951
You could've just said "shitty writing" and the point would've remained the same.

"Why does Superman hate Batman?"
>Shitty writing
"Why does Batman gather no intelligence on Superman prior to facing him?"
>Shitty writing
"Why is Lex's plans so convoluted and dependent on so many variables that somehow work in the end?"
>Shitty writing

Nobody has faith in the DCEU, even WB. At this point, just let it all burn and try again after the MCU is over.
>>
>>89993763
>good RT means success
Big mistake buddy.
>>
>>89993784
>>89993940
>gave up
You were proven wrong and now you're trying your hardest to cover it up. Literally all anyone has to do is scroll up to see it. The proof is right there.
>>
Lovely thread. Pretty sure OP is a /tv/ troll considering his meme spouting
>>
>>89994080
Dude you didn't prove shit, all you did was call others dumb, while it's very easy to do the same with Snyder's apologists
>>
>>89994054
Box Office also means success.
>>
>>89994266
Then the DCEU is a bigger success than Marvel considering how its first 3 movies did more than the MCU's. Quality doesn't matter though right? Who cares about that when you have flashy numbers!
>>
>>89994015
>"Why does Superman hate Batman?"
Vigilante torturing people, frustration from the press not giving a shit despite at the sane time trying to turn every action Superman does into political statements, Luthor himself sending detailed photos of the torture to Clark. Take your pick.
>"Why does Batman gather no intelligence on Superman prior to facing him?"
But he did, just not the kind you want. Why does Batman even need to be able to gather the same exact intel as Lex?
>"Why is Lex's plans so convoluted and dependent on so many variables that somehow work in the end?"

There are several layers to his scheme, with plenty of room for error and changes, exactly because turning the entire world against Superman is a complex and time consuming ordeal, requiring a lot of moving parts, subterfuge, manipulation, bribes, proxies, cover ups, etc. It is not something so simple you can do in a small four step plan.
>>
>>89994283
Well, currently the MCU is the highest grossing franchise.

I don't know why you're trying to argue with me. I liked Man of Steel.
>>
>>89994283
MCU is a commercial and critical success overall while the DCEU is still struggling to find its own identity.

No matter how you slice it, MCU is winning.
>>
>>89994080
All you did was call everyone who disagreed with you dumb, you didn't actually prove they were wrong though.
>>
Okay DCEU IDIOTS
see if you can answer these plot Holes!

1) why did batman not kil lex
2) how come super man dident killl the reporters that we're mean to him
3) why dident lex just bribe superman
3) how come superman and bat man where brothers?
4) why dident thor helpe against doomday

see if you can answer THAT!
>>
>>89994412
I think you're trying just a bit too hard.
>>
>>89992980
>It wasn't.

It was. If it wasn't, this amount of people wouldn't be complaining. If you are on an office, or in the army, and has to pass instructions and is incompetent at making them clear...it is your fault, not the others.
>>
>>89968783
More and more I get that Snyderags are a kind of bullied betas. Half of their posts is they crying because people say that they have shut taste and are mean to them.
>>
>>89968783
As a 40 year comic reader, I think you're allowed to voice any shitty opinion based on being a 90s kid who conflates edge with meaning.

Most Hollywood producers don't read comics and view their characters as canvases for the simplest, least creative ideas guaranteed to be approved by studios. This was no exception.
>>
>>89995249
this is a common theme in /tv/ where this type is constantly searching for daddy figures in director-writers (Cameron, Snyder, Nolan, even Lucas) of absolute pablum.
>>
>>89995274
>This was no exception.
Uh, yeah it was. Snyder and the majority of the actors actually read comics.
>>
>>89995631
I will point out Snyder likes Comics, but he WASNT into CAPE comics until he was older, he is a hardcore fantasy nerd, the stuff he liked had AXES and SWORDS or crazy aliens instead of capes and supervillians
>>
>>89995736
Oh yeah definitely. He grew up with Heavy Metal comics and only transitioned to traditional superhero stuff later in his life. I wish he'd say more about that. Still, I was surprised that most of the actors, even Laurence Fishburne, read comics. Basically the only person who didn't was Gal Gadot. I think they should force her to read some though.

That said, the way Snyder talks about the "mythology" and the characters makes me think that he's trying to make his own story while keeping the characters intact to the best of his ability.
>>
File: 1474184666792.gif (2MB, 380x264px) Image search: [Google]
1474184666792.gif
2MB, 380x264px
>>89968783
>Morrison, Busiek, and Miller
>Morrison
>not Moore
>>
>>89968783
>virtue signaling
So you're a cunt then?
>>
>>89996131
20 years ago would be 1993. What notable things has Moore done since then?
>>
>>89973068
No.
>>
>>89977413
>>Generally being a creepy sleaze who enjoys disrespecting personal space.
WOW HE DISRESPECTS PERSONAL SPACE FUUUCK looks live we got ourselves a new devil here
>>
>>89982799
>wrongness
defined by whom?
>>
>>89994510

Nope.

His reading comprehension and language skills aren't sufficient for that.
>>
>>89996252
From Hell
Supreme: The Story of the Year & The Return
Tom Strong
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Promethea
Top 10
Providence
>>
>>89996252
Half of From Hell, Promethea, Top 10, Tom Strong, Supreme, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Providence, Jerusalem
>>
>>89995813
So he have a really shit ability.

Because if this shit was a comic, it would be remembered as worthless thrash, on the same level of Act of God and Identity Crisis.

It kind of already is...
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.