[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is the last season right? The ratings are dropping hilariously.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13

So this is the last season right? The ratings are dropping hilariously.

What marvel show will replace it?
>>
>>89961747
>What marvel show will replace it?

Inhumans is scheduled for fall 2017
>>
>>89961747
The Unbelievable Adventures of Stilt-Man
>>
>>89961747
Yeah I dropped the show after Robbie left. I dont care much for a LMD Secret Invasion
>>
>>89961747
>The ratings are dropping hilariously.
Since forever. If Marvel/ABD didn't cancel it years ago, then is safe to say that they can ignore the ratings for a little longer.

But yeah, I find a little amusing that this show managed to be the biggest hit of ABC AND one of their low rating shows.
>>
>>89961747
>Disney
>Marvel
>ABC

They'll keep this show as long as they want to. It's a vanity project at this point in time.
>>
>>89961747
Why did it fail so much?

Culson
Mai
Quake
The black guy
??
>>
>>89964133
>Why did it fail so much?
lack of direction, imo

Season 1 had no idea what it wanted to be. Is it a spy show? Is it a freak of the weak superhero show? Who are these characters?

Plus, they had to tread water until they could deal with the fallout of TWS, when the show was finally able to get good.

Then season 2 was pretty damn awesome. General Adama's secret SHIELD was great, and the show lost most of it's lame campiness.

Then Inhumans came and they did more dumb freak of the weak shit like razor fingers. They also couldn't dig too far into Inhuman lore because of the now-canned movie, so they were stuck with shit characters and meh plots.

Now they've found a pretty good groove, and they pulled off Ghost Rider better than I would've thought, and the LMD stuff is pretty neat. It's like they finally figured out how to balance the comic booky stuff with the spy stuff. But it may be too little too late.

---

Basically, I think if they had just waited until after TWS to debut and had it be purely a SHIELD show, it would have done MUCH better.

I have high hopes for Inhumans though; I think it'll hopefully have the high concept and high production values that AOS is lacking.
>>
>>89961747
Needs more Daisy ass in tight pants.
>>
>>89961747
They should have made it Metal Gear in the Marvel universe and it would have been a hit. The show lack charisma. I'll be sad to see it go, to be honest. I've enjoyed it.
>>
File: giphy.gif (873KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
873KB, 300x280px
>>89964789
fuck that. best daisy coming through
>>
File: 57041d2785dc9.jpg (242KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
57041d2785dc9.jpg
242KB, 940x529px
>>89961747
Use the budget to do Moon Knight on Netflix
>>
>>89961747
I think what's going to happen is that the show will be renewed for one final season of 12 episodes to bring the episode count up to 100. Inhumans will air in the fall, but it's only 8 episodes, so the final season of AoS would air as a mid-season show.

That would also place the 100th episode around the same time as Infinity War, so it'd be good synergy for the brand ("we're at the tenth anniversary of the MCU, having our big two film crossover, and one of our shows just hit 100 episodes").
>>
>>89961747
>another marvel show fails

kek
>>
File: 20170216_-436887276.jpg (171KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_-436887276.jpg
171KB, 1000x450px
Killed off the only best character and wonders why the ratings became shit
>>
>>89965498
>LMD Ward soon?
>>
If somehow Hayley Atwell becomes the new Doctor (she's interested) think anyone from the current Marvel stable of shows could be a good companion?
>>
File: 1486361946541.jpg (56KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1486361946541.jpg
56KB, 670x503px
>>89965498
>best character is off acting in Christian movies now just to have a job
>>
>>89965464
Four seasons is pretty much a success for an ABC show these days. They cancel almost everything after one or two.
>>
File: chloe_walking.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
chloe_walking.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>89965422
This make so much sense, it has to happen.
>>
File: marvel-one-shot_agent-carter4.jpg (130KB, 554x850px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-one-shot_agent-carter4.jpg
130KB, 554x850px
>>89961747

Agent Carter has some badass intricate plots, fun dialogues, great charismatic and interesting characters, with big ties to the movie characters without having to worry about timelines and canon, great production, sets, clothes knowing even how and when to use the cheap tv cgi... has 2 seasons of 10 episodes each and dies with a cliffhanger.

Meanwhile this shit show doesn't know what it wants to be like, doesn't know what tone it wants to have, always pick the most retarded plots, and when they stumble on anything remotely interesting, they half ass it. Flat characters no one cares about, every one of them unlikeable in their own way, one of them being a mary sue who hijacks the whole show.
Awful sets, make up, props, effects and overall designs.
Doesn't work as movie canon, the only great moment being the tie in with Winter Soldier... but now that that is gone, it left the premise of the show destroyed, and now the show might as well be called "agents"- yes, with quotation marks- and yet has more episodes than they know what to do with, infinite amount of seasons with hundreds of episodes each of infinite drivel

How did tv Marvel went so wrong?
>>
>>89965579
>If somehow Hayley Atwell becomes the new Doctor

It's Tilda Swinton or bust.
>>
>>89965759
Thing that's concerning me is the actors careers, I hope they'll be able to get good jobs after this.
>>
>>89961747

This show's always been hot garbage, and yet I've watched multiple episodes of the 3 seasons of it because it was Marvel on TV.

Fitz, Gemma, and Raina, Ward were the only decent (by TV standards at least) character/actors.

Awful cinematography/camera blocking through most of it.

Absolute garbage shot 2nd unit action scenes. 80s MacGyver/A-Team-tier.

All the sets/settings looked like they were from the universal studio backlot, or from places bars/warehouses/mansions that've been used multiple times elsewhere.

Retarded plots. Most episodes revolve around 2 to 4 twists before the end. A twist is not a story. Multiple twists to keep you from not being bored is the absence of any story telling skill.

Poorly developed characters. Do any of the characters on this show seem as rich as the Seinfeld cast or Simpsons or The Next Generation? They never have time to be fully developed because there's a retarded twist that HAS to be focused on.

They ruined so many cool characters. Deathlok is absolutely laughable. Mockingbird, Victoria Hand, Mr Hyde, Creel,etc.

Fuck Jeph Loeb and fuck Joss and his senpai for this hacky Network TV form the 90s quality shit.

The Netflix shows are better, but all of them need to trim 2 to 3 episodes from their seasons for sure.
>>
>>89961840
It's actually pretty good though.
>>
>>89961747
>The ratings are dropping hilariously.
Damn you weren't kidding. It's being beaten handily by The Flash and Supergirl and it's barely beating Arrow and Legends. That's REALLY fucking bad for an ABC show. Only reason it's probably still going is it's being bankrolled by Marvel Studios.
>>
>>89966742

Perlmutter hijacked the TV division in an internal power struggle between him and Feige after Disney started bossin' him around in order to give more creative control over the MCU after it became crystal clear they were doing cinema history and everything has to be perfect for infinity war (which will probably be the end of capemovies for a couple of decades like western after this historical moment)

AoS lost it's direction after this because Perlmutter still calls the shoots with his backwards views, it's locked in production limbo.

They're going to be re-absorbed into the movie universe soon and underneath Feige wings soon probably. Coulson, fitz-simmon, Chloe, May, Mack.
>>
>>89961747
>What marvel show will replace it?

Inhumans. I mean seriously, what is left to do anymore after that premieres?
>>
>>89966742
What cliffhanger?
Hydra killed a guy, whoop-de-doo.
>>
>>89967203
There's a lot of Christian B-movies to be made. They will have plenty of jobs.
>>
File: 1421645241559.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1421645241559.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>89964903
THIS
This so much

Moon Knight would be best served as a 10-14 episode series super gritty and dealing with his split personas and magic
>>
>>89967690
But... you make it sound like Agents of Shield started well and then lost its direction and got ruined, but this show was never good in the first place
>>
>>89965464
>Marvel TV kicked off with this red headed stepchild of the MCU while DC was running laps around them
>Marvel's newest show is the instant classic Legion
>DC's newest show is fucking Powerless, a superhero comedy with no superheroes and no comedy

Did we slip into Bizarro World by mistake or something?
>>
>>89967880
What is the big deal with the ending of the killing joke?
Batman kills a baddie offscreen, whoop-de-doo.

You can make anything sound dumb by talking like an asshole, Anon
>>
>>89961747

It's likely the last season.

However it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel did convince ABC to renew it for one more shortened final season so they can end it with an Infinity War tie-in.
>>
>>89961788

As someone who wants to see Inumans but hasnt seen a single AoS episode yet, I am confused whether to watch the entirety of AoS to catchup with the Inhumans setup in the show or whether to skip i and just start with Inhumans fresh
>>
>>89968526
Don't watch Agents of Shield, Anon, it's awful. The inhumans stuff is syfy level of schlock (as is every other storyline). But then again

>>89968526
>>89961788

What are you guys talking about, the Inhumans movie was dropped years ago, wasn't it?
>>
>>89968589
>What are you guys talking about, the Inhumans movie was dropped years ago, wasn't it?

Its now turned into series and Imax ispremeiring teh show in its theatres by releasing the first two episodes.

I wonder if people would pay to see a show in a theatre when episodes of it would be immediately available for free on ABC and other streaming outlets
>>
>>89968602
so much for Vin Diesel playing Black Bolt
cant wait for the cringe fest when they try to make a cool fight with the shitty tv budget cgi
>>
>>89967203
Guy who played Fitz has done shit before, he played a young James Herriot in....Young James Herriot. 10/10 Scottish waifu in that show.
>>
File: 1486481250192.jpg (3MB, 3975x1794px) Image search: [Google]
1486481250192.jpg
3MB, 3975x1794px
>plan an entire season with Ghost Rider
>use the new Ghost Rider, but incorporate elements from Johnny Blaze anyway
>run out of budget early doing his SFX
>a more faithful adaption would have been doable with more practical effects and costuming

Wew
>>
I dropped it near the end of season 3 because the soap opera bullshit was too much.
I want superheroics, does season 4 with Ghost Rider deliver on that?
>>
>>89969263
>I want superheroics, does season 4 with Ghost Rider deliver on that?

Yes
LMD arc is back to boring shit though.
>>
>>89967894
Honestly now that I'm reading the classic stuff I'm of two minds about this.
Not about him getting a Netflix show, I'm more on board with that than ever. But Monech was GREAT at stylish self-contained one-and-done stories. I'm torn between wanting 12 of those and wanting a 12-part thriller about a paranoid schizophrenic.
Maybe they do the former for the first half then reveal he's been delusional the whole time.
>>
If the show is canceled, that means the characters can go to the movies, right?
>>
>>89969402
Yes, and when they ask Coulson to tell where he's been, he'll just look into the camera and shill the bluray releases of the show.
>>
>>89969402
Does Marvel have Ghost Rider's movie rights? I thought he was featured in AoS specifically because it was TV and someone else still had the movie rights?

Or are movie and TV rights synonymous?

That said I think if Marvel does have GR's movie rights they've intentionally avoided a Ghost Rider movie because of the bad reception of the old Cage movies.
>>
>>89967690

none of the cast will join the film-verse, you are absolutely retarded.

Feige HATES AOS. It was Perlmutter's idea to offer Whedon overview on MCU for 2 years, so he could keep Feige in check. Feige ran to Iger and cut ties to Perlmutter because of that and because Ike was forcing the Inhumans on Feige (who he thinks are lame).

Nothing from the TV and Netflix side will ever be in the movies. Don't ever buy Feige's excuse about the timeline of TV series shooting schedule and a movie's shooting schedule. They are filming Black Panther, and Ant-Man 2 while they are film both Infinity War movies. They could totally bring in the Netflix characters and could totally bring in the AOS characters since they know the plots of the movies coming out months beforehand. Feige hates Whedon and his family,and he hates how AOS diluted the MCU brand.
>>
>>89969436
>Does Marvel have Ghost Rider's movie rights?

They got them back in 2013.
>>
>>89966756
Then Bust because I don't care for the androgynous cheat play to those that wouldn't like the idea of a female doctor.
>>
>>89969473
THat's a bit extreme.
>>
>>89969492
Well, I'm doubtful they'll do anything with him post AoS (despite him being the highlight of AoS and bumping their ratings up). Ghost Rider neither fits in with the Avengers nor does he really fit with any of the Netflix crew.
>>
>>89969545

The truth is totally XXXXXTREME!!! LOL 90s KIDZ AMIRITE?
>>
>>89969473

Honestly, kicking Ike out of the movies was the best decision they ever made. Ike is kind of a big baby.

Its been painfully obvious for a while now that Agents of Shield was kicked to a later timeslot in an attempt to kill it. Changing a shows timeslot is basically a bullet to the head for a show, because you always lose viewers in the process (people whose schedules let them watch the earlier timeslot might not be able to do the later one) and you rarely gain them (people who haven't been watching the first three seasons probably won't magically pick it up at season four). So you change the timeslot, viewership dips, and you use that viewship dip as an excuse to can it.

And what did he announce around the same time as the timeslot change? We're getting a straight-up Inhumans show now. But isn't AoS already about the Inhumans anyway at this point?

Do the math. The Inhumans movie got cancelled because Ike was the only one who wanted it, so Ike is killing Agents of Shield and taking the money to fund an Inhumans show instead.
>>
>>89961747
When the hell is season 3 and Agent Carter season 2 coming out on Blu-Ray? I like having physical copies of all this MCU crap.
>>
File: Hela.png (3MB, 1801x996px) Image search: [Google]
Hela.png
3MB, 1801x996px
>>89969843
It really is apparent that Ike was holding the films back. Just looking at all the stuff for GOTG 2, Thor 3 and Black Panther has renewed my faith in the MCU. It looks different, it looks experimental and it looks less tame.

I mean, you can tell that Thor 3 was originally just going to be a dark grey movie with Asgard being ransacked, but now I don't know what they are going for but I am interested. Ike was probably the reason Thor 2 sank as well, as the concept art for that film looked great.
>>
>>89969843

yes, this.
>>
>>89969914

It was Ike and the Marvel story team, who wanted to play it safe.

Feige knew he found something special with the Russos and Gunn and let them run wild, while still maintaining HIS overall vision.

Go look at Feige's twitter and what he follows. He's an old school, late 70s-80s pop culture nerd. He's obsessed with star wars, old action figures, 80s movies, with classic disneyland itself, and is also a fan of weird comedy like tim and eric which is steeped in that 80s and 90s nostalgia.

i fully expect him to leave the mcu at one point after the 2nd infinity war movie to become the guy running the star wars franchise or the head of all of disney films.
>>
>>89969851

Australia's getting them in 2 weeks. Import them.

Agent Carter S2 - https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-action/agent-carter-season-2/337367/

Agents Of Shield S3 - https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-action/agents-of-shield-season-3/314805/
>>
>>89969914

Thor 3 to me looks like 80s He-Man cartoon and action figures come to life, thats also fully aware of itself.
>>
>>89967443
when they sya they were setting up Secret Warriors i was pissed off that they didn't invite Creel and Deathlok, plus they fridging Mockingbird
I mean, where the fuck has Deathlok been in the last two seasons?
>>
>>89970172
Oh god importing will kill my wallet, have to pay in Leaf Bucks... Hoping US date soon maybe.
>>
>>89970204
Didn't ZombieWard kick his ass last season?
>>
>>89970150
I'm really glad for this change. Compare what they're doing with these other films to Spider-Man Homecoming, and it looks so bareboned in comparison. Hell, I wonder if Fiege can get Edgar Wright to come back.

That said, it really is kind of astonishing if you look back at the moments that Bendis wrote and notice how poorly they are written. Nick Fury's first appearance is all about the larger and vague promises that it doesn't feel natural.
"You think you're the only superhero? You're part of a bigger universe that you don't even know!" or Thanos' just vague threats that don't really mean much.
>>
File: 1487092322257.jpg (70KB, 1209x684px) Image search: [Google]
1487092322257.jpg
70KB, 1209x684px
>>89970196
I mean, look at what they are doing with Thor 3 and compare it to Thor 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqNHqv4Lpa0

One looks so out of the box that it's intriguing while the other just looks like a hallow Star Wars rip off.
>>
>>89965579
> Hayley with Chloe and Henstridge as "companions".

Mmmmmmm
>>
>>89970251
To be fair, by time time Iron Man happened we at least had Pym and I assume Jones retired from suit duty? Plus who knows who else is actually been doing things behind the scenes.
>>
>>89970246
no, that was Lash
Deathlok hasn't appeared since season 2 (in wich he was merely in two episodes)
>>
>>89970225

Australia also gets the Netflix stuff on Bluray if you need them.

Daredevil S1 - https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-action/daredevil-season-1/314774/

Jessica Jones S1 - https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-action/jessica-jones-season-1/314780/
>>
>>89970204
>I mean, where the fuck has Deathlok been in the last two seasons?

Rumor was he was planned to eventually move into Marvels Most Wanted. When that wasn't ordered to series he was dropped along with Bobbi and Lance.
>>
>>89970346
I want to grab these, but I'm also certain they'll come out with some sweet Defenders box set like they did with the Phase One set
>>
>>89970346
I already got Daredevil from Canadian Amazon back in October i think?
I'll keep JJ in mind.
>>
>>89967944
>instant classic Legion

Slow down there, senpai.
>>
>>89970303

Its gonna be a full-out 80s fashion/graphic design/action figure design/cartoons brought into the MCU, it already looks more bright and colorful than GOTG.

you saw the set tour of the junk yard planet right? you only get glimpses here and there, but a lot of stuff is bright neon and characters have way over the top weapons and armor. i dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ7Ch3fS894
>>
>>89961747
It can end if it wants. I enjoy the show and four seasons is good because I've had plenty of time to enjoy the characters and story.

I would like a proper ending though.
>>
>>89970643
God, I'm so glad that the MCU is going in this direction. It will make it last a lot longer if it's visually excited.
>>
>>89970383
can't they just, get back those characters? I mean, Deathlok wasn't even expensive to make like GR, and Mockinbird would be the most logical character in a spy setting
I like AoS, but there's so much wasted potential
>>
>>89966742
I read big tits instead of big ties....now im missing the amount of TNA that Peggy gave us
>>
>>89969574
I can see Robbie and punisher working together to send evil people to hell.
>>
>>89971796
I saw this out of context and I was thinking Robbie Rotten.
>>
>>89971318

They've mentioned in interviews that they could and the cast members are still under contract. However they have no plans for Bobbi and Lance in S4. No word about Deathlok.
>>
>>89967944
>Instant classic legion
Lol

DC can afford to make whatever show they want now. Feels good.
>>
>>89971796

They should do supernatural separately, its easier to sell it to a wider audience
>>
>>89961747
Still waiting for Wong to appear in the last ep of the season to lock up the Darkhold.
>>
When did you drop the show /co/?

Me? I gave up after they revealed Fitz was cucked by an astronaut.
>>
>>89969473
>Ike was forcing the Inhumans on Feige (who he thinks are lame).

Nah, he hates Inhumans purely because of Ike
>>
>>89972023
He uncucked himself. Killed the astronaut too.
>>
File: copypasta_factory.jpg (203KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
copypasta_factory.jpg
203KB, 800x600px
>>89970251
>>89970150
>>89969914
>>89969843
>>89969473
>>
>>89972514
> anyone who writes a post longer than 10 words must have copied it from somewhere else

Why?
>>
>>89969182
>practical effects
>Ghost Rider

What, like just set a guy's head on fire???
>>
>>89973294

Why do you think we call those cast members 'extras', anon?
>>
File: CRhTCm-U8AA6yln.jpg (36KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
CRhTCm-U8AA6yln.jpg
36KB, 600x337px
So now Shockley's become an Inhuman who can Allahu Ackbar and reconstitute himself completely after incinerating, pretty much the only way they can get rid of him is throwing him into the Sun ala pic related, right.
>tfw in a million years we have to deal with not only Phoenix but a giant naked man fucking planets into ashes
>>
>>89969851

Why dont you just pirate and burn them of discs
>>
>>89965498
kinda lost interest after that.
>>
>>89974235
DESU i like to own official product for my collection. I could download and burn all I want but it doesn;t fele the same.
Plus I work in film, and its like stealing from a coworker sort of feeling
>>
>>89974208

Depends how his power works.

If he can only reconstitute himself from explosions, then killing him some other way should actually kill him.

If putting himself back together is basically a form of super-regeneration, then you need to find a way to contain him. Id go for a deep-freeze solution personally. He shouldn't be able to explode under those circumstances, not just because he has no access to oxygen and the ambient energy is so low, but because he can't move or think.

The trick is you have to do it so fast he can't blow himself up. So knocking him into liquid nitrogen or hitting him with a freeze ray.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.