[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So guys whatcha think How do you think the Justice League will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8

So guys whatcha think

How do you think the Justice League will be able to stop a monster like Manhattan?
>>
>>89960801
persuasive rhetoric
>>
>>89960830
How do you persuade an entity that observes all moments in time simultaneously?
>>
>>89960801
The JL has beaten stronger enemies tho, plus Batman plot armor and Speed Force shenanigans will save the day
>>
Johns already said he's an antagonist not a villain. Not a monster.

They'll hug it out.
>>
>>89960801
Get him a hotel room with Wonder Woman.
>>
>>89960858
You make him feel mopey and constrained by the meagerness of his existence. That's what ultimately gets him to fuck off in Watchmen.
>>
Batman gonna preptime his ass or Superman gonna convice him to stop fucking the timeline

>monster
Okay, im super casual and only watched the movie. Is that guy really that strong?. I mean, he looks powerfull because is the only meta in a world without metas, i dont think he is that scary in super powered world
>>
>>89960858
He's just been waiting for the moment when he knows he's gonna be fucking told
>>
File: 1477938837603.jpg (71KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1477938837603.jpg
71KB, 500x750px
>>89960801
>How do you think the Justice League will be able to stop a monster like Manhattan?

They will just use Batman
>>
>>89960923
He's basically a low level, relatively speaking, matter manipulator with his mind being somewhere else, so he can be vaporize but still reform himself a new body. He's also able to see through time but even that can be blocked with just some tachyons.
>>
>>89960801
One of four ways.
1. Speedforce bullshit
2. Wondy wraps him with the lasso and shows him the truth that he's being manipulated/that life is beautiful
3. Batman shoots him with a deus ex machina Tachyon Gun
4. Superman fusion with cosmic-level powers a la final crisis

Bet you it will be one of these.
>>
>>89960801
Batman will essentially do the same thing Ozzy did and fuck with him psychologically
>>
>>89960801
Firestorm and captain atom have the same power set as blue penus.
>>
>>89962479

Captain Atom is way more powerfull but is HATED by Johns, he does love firestorm for some weird reason he likes firestorm as a jobber.

>>89960801

It will be SHIT, just like Darkseid War, Remember when God powered superman got beaten in 1 panel? Or when Anti-monitor died in 2 panels defeated by steve trevor?

Who cares how they stop him, It will be a terrible comic, let's focus on supersons and the possitive things about rebirth, not Johns stupid project that was designed by WB executives.
>>
How assmad will people get if Batman just says fuck it and asks Bat-myte to save the JL in the fight against Manhattan?
>>
>>89962590
How about when Batman found out there were multiple Jokers and somehow conveniently didn't find out from the chair who the fuck they were
>>
File: what in tarnation.jpg (51KB, 592x590px) Image search: [Google]
what in tarnation.jpg
51KB, 592x590px
>Watchmen characters in the main DC universe

For what reason
>>
>>89962699

Money.
>>
>>89960801

Wally taps into the full power of the speed force and exists at every moment and every space in time. So all Manhattan can see for eternity in every direction is Flash kicking his ass
>>
>>89962699
Did you just travel from the past?
>>
>>89962699

Why not? This is cape comics. Not high brow entertainment
>>
>>89962648
>How about when Batman found out there were multiple Jokers and somehow conveniently didn't find out from the chair who the fuck they were
Don't forget he got god powers and only cared about gotham, even when every single time he gets powers he go full insane and tries to save the world, the idea he got the chair, didnt back up all the shit he could and used the chair to capture petty thieves... well it talks about the lack of imagination of modern Johns, the whole power stuff was USELESS and didnt played any funtion to the story...

But... And this is a very sad but, it did benefit DC toys and skins in future games. Just like Sinestro corps, Blackest night, or forever evil before, it wasnt really a gimmick for the story, it was designed to sell shit, alternative suits sell shit. And Watchmen sell shit. i really cant understand why anyone can be interested in this story beyond how good the threads will be, it will be a trainwreck.

>>89962699
Jews gonna jew
>>
>>89962763
I kinda like that
It raises a whole lot more questions, but sounds fun
>>
Superman will punch him
>>
>>89960801
ive been super out of the loop
whats going on in DC? did they bring in the watchmen?
has rorschach showed up?
>>
>>89962374
>>89960923
What are you talking about? Manhattan is almost all powerful, able to perceive all time at once, and go create whole new universes and shit. The only reason he doesn't do much in Watchmen is because he already knows exactly how everything is going to go. He does exactly what he knows he will do.

And yeah tachyons can stop his omnipotent vision, but tachyons would only show up in a part of time that is uncertain/changing.
>>
>>89962406
I hope its the WW one
>>
>>89963397
>and go create whole new universes and shit

That's captain atom, not manhattan
>>
>>89960801
speedforce
>>
>>89960801
The JL has fended off shit like Nekron, Darkseid, Parallax, and the Anti-Monitor. Manhatten's less powerful and has more of a conscience than any of these guys.
>>
Mister Mxyzptlk will popup to defend Superman.
>>
>>89963452
Manhattan can go do it too, at the end of watchmen he literally fucks off to create his own life.
>>
>>89963571
And life isnt the same as an universe.

Manhattan was NEVER close to ELEMENTAL ATOM or MONARCH
>>
>>89962763
I'd mark out desu. Flash shenanigans in big events always get me
>>
>>89963352
I assume New 52/Rebirth is the universe that Manhattan left at the end of the watchmen to create
>>
>>89962406
This desu
>>
>>89963600
he can re-arrange people's atoms and shit, he can definitely make a universe. Making life from scratch would basically require the same powers as creating a universe, matter re-arrangement. Even if he isn't powerful enough to do it all at once, he is immortal, so he could take as long as he needed.
>>
>>89960801
Who's ready for the entire Justice League to job so Batman can save the day again?

Bonus points: Harley Quinn makes a cameo
>>
>>89963781
>he can re-arrange people's atoms and shit, he can definitely make a universe

You really have no idea how the universe came to be right?
What kind of education you got that you forget the Funtamental Forces?

And more important, creating isnt the same and building/re-arrange stuff.

He could CHANGE the universe, but that's not the same as CREATING one.
>>
>>89963871
Why are you pretending that can happen when JOHNS is writing?
>>
>>89960801
Send him to chill with Superboy-Prime. They both just need a friend.
>>
>>89960801
lolno
>>
>>89960858
Ask Ozymandias
>>
>>89962699
turd industry with the audience of manchildren
>>
>>89960801

Did Stan Lee ever fuck anyone over harder than DC fucked over Alan Moore?
>>
>>89963397
But apparently can't cure cancer

>>89965140
Like Alan Moore would have fucked over the creators of the characters he was gonna use originally?
>>
>>89963781
>he can re-arrange people's atoms and shit
>matter re-arrangement
Firestorm can do this and nobody is claiming he's cosmic tier nor the ultimate DC powerhouse.
>>
Superman punches reality again, connects every elseworld and dc explodes
>>
>>89965140
look up what happened when Perlnutter tried to axe Stan Lee's paycheck
>>
>>89965497
>mistaking Superboy Prime for Superman
>>
>>89960801
One of the hot female members, preferably one of the underage ones, will have sex with him then reveal her spirit of hope in spite of her traumatic and perverted backstory, causing Manhattan to realize that he doesn't want to steal 10 years of time from the world after all.

(also known as Silk Spectre, just for those who didn't get the joke.)
>>
>>89960801
Wally came back with the power of love. Manhattan will be defeated with the power of hope. And dreams. Neil Gaiman also gets his own imprint.
>>
>>89960801

JL aint going to do shit its going to be all Wally Speedforcing his ass after they talk and Manhattan basically says he will continue doing shit like that.
>>
>>89963397
Pit him up against the Spectre, Anti-Monitor, Krona, etc. and he's nothing. Just another dime-a-dozen reality warper. He wasn't even capable of stopping a Russian counter-attack from hitting America. Characters like the Spectre could literally blink and make it so that nukes cease to exist on Earth.
>>
>>89962699
To make the point that ''Watchmen was a mistake''.
>>
>>89965233
But he can turn into a car.
>>
>>89962699
Desperation and Johns trying to leave a legacy in the only medium he ever touched: capeshit comics
>>
>>89965140

Fuck off. Alan Moore is overrated as fuck.

While I will admit that Watchmen is probably my third favorite comic, fuck all Alan Moore has written is any good, unless you're really into rape.

In my humble fucking opinion only Watchmen, Swampthing, and For the Man That Has Everything are good.

Also, this comes from a huge Batfag who thinks Killing Joke is overrated as fuck, and it's only redeeming quality is the art.
>>
>Story's moral is that sometimes being a superhero isn't cool and sometimes the "bad guy" wins but had better intentions then the "heroes".
>Nah, screw that. Let's add the characters to the most moralfaggy superhero universe out there.
>>
>>89960858
Make fun of his dick
>>89960870
>The JL has beaten stronger enemies tho
Like who?
>>
>>89960801
Batman builds a intrinsic field subtractor and uses it on him. When it fails and he begins to reform himself, Batman throws a batarang in and blows him up. The League pats him on the back.
>>
>>89968624
>Like who?

Go read Morrison's JLA you stupid fuck
>>
>>89968312
Nah, its was a mndate, Johns as always is just doing what he is asked by the suits, the has zero artistic integrity, he is just happy to cash a check
>>
>>89969599
Or you tell me right now who they faced that is stronger then Doctor Manhattan
>>
>all the people complaining about Batman when he never saves the day in those giant events
>>
>>89969723
Batman haters are mentally ill, its an event by Johns batman will be put in the spotlight to show us how useless he is. Just like in Darkseid War
>>
>>89968624
>Make fun of his dick

can't he just change his dick?
>>
>>89968299
Meh, Plastic Man can turn into a bike. Or even a buggy I think.
>>
>>89960801
well, I mean they have Firestorm
>>
Hopefully by sitting Manhattan and Saint Walker down for a nice long talk about H O P E
>>
>>89969695
Not him but made a quick research

>ncarnation of the Injustice Gang led by Lex Luthor, and the Key. Other foes were the new villain Prometheus, the existing JLA villain Starro the Conqueror, "The Ultra-Marines", and a futuristic Darkseid. Morrison's run culminated in an arc titled "World War III" which involves the New Gods preparing the Earth for battle against a creature known as "Mageddon", a super-sentient weapon of mass destruction.

So...these guy aren't stronger than DR. m.
>>
>>89960801
Question is, how did that smiley badge manged to get into the bat cave?
>>
>Everyone is mad at Manhattan because he made them exist

Figures DC is a bunch of edgy teenagers.
>>
>>89960801
>How do you think the Justice League will be able to stop a monster like Manhattan?
Batman will defeat him with an epic punch because Manhattan will underestimate him.
>>
>>89962699
Tell Moore to fucks himself up
>>
>>89962590
Why do people always say Geoff hates Captain Atom? I've never read anything to imply this.
>>
>>89968521
Have you ever read the stuff he did for 2000AD?
>>
I was getting caught up on Rebirth only to realize it basically stopped at DC Universe Rebirth.

What the fuck it feels like the first issue for a major crossover event and then the rest of the books just go back to normal storytelling. Did they just not have the story planned out so they're gonna wing it?
>>
>>89968624
Anti-Monitor in his prime, Zero Hour Parallax
>>
>>89973369

Neither of those are as big as Manhattan
>>
>>89960801
Kick him in the balls
They're just dangling there defenselessly
>>
File: 1430498391371.jpg (31KB, 460x289px) Image search: [Google]
1430498391371.jpg
31KB, 460x289px
>>89963876
>You really have no idea how the universe came to be right?
>>
>>89963397
Ion (the first one) is basically a more powerful version of Dr. Manhattan. At least the Watchmen version, he might be written stronger in DC but typically he's a poor man's Silver Surfer.
>>
>>89963397
Couldn't even stop all of Russia's nukes
>>
File: RCO032_1486544992.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO032_1486544992.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89960801
Batman is already preparing for a war.
>>
manhattan wasn't even that powerful, he just happened to live in a world without supers
>>
File: rjG8Khw.png (4MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
rjG8Khw.png
4MB, 1536x2048px
>>89973502
He also got Baz under his service in the latest issue of GLs.
>>
>>89973502
>>89973569
that's an unrelated summer event by Snyder
>>
>>89973423
Both of them literally destroyed the multiverse. Manhattan has done nothing to put him on that level.
>>
File: life-sized.jpg (787KB, 1780x3380px) Image search: [Google]
life-sized.jpg
787KB, 1780x3380px
>>89973712
>Both of them literally destroyed the multiverse

Right, I forgot just how retarded capeshit can get.
>>
>>89973629
It's related to the rebirth event.
>>
>>89972639
No, he fucked up their timeline.
>>
>>89960801
Aquaman is going to punch him in his blue balls.
>>
>>89973502
>>89973569
So, Batman is preparing an army? Are the Justice League aware of this?
>>
>>89960858
>Why don't you just reboot the whole world, Dr. Manhattan?
Oh wait, he did.
>>
I mean, they'll have to make comparisons to Captain Atom, no?
>>
>>89974079
The Justice League are part of the army.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.