[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your reaction when this show got cancelled? I was very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

What was your reaction when this show got cancelled? I was very upset when it got cancelled, since it was one of my favorite Cartoon Network shows along with Foster's.
>>
>>89954211
You might as well be a fucking tripfag.
Shut the fuck up already.
>>
i completely forgot this existed. what happened to them anyway?
>>
>>89954565
Puffy AmiYumi are still performing from what I have heard
>>
I know Benthelooney was upset when the show got cancelled
>>
>>89954211
Did it get "cancelled"? Or just cancelled in America?
>>
>>89954211
I honestly didn't even notice it was cancelled until years later. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show, and I remember being fucking HYPED when it first came out because a buddy of mine was a fan of the band, but honestly, I feel like it could/should have been better.
>>
>>89954211
>watching this as a little kid
>see Ami and Yumi in the live-action segments at the end of each episode
>assume they're both like 15 or 16
>find out years later they were both in their 30s at the time
>Ami was married with a daughter
>Yumi was divorced
This is the bad kind of nostalgia.
>>
File: 2006 shift.png (668KB, 993x638px) Image search: [Google]
2006 shift.png
668KB, 993x638px
>>89954211
I was really disappointed. If you ask me, this was one of Cartoon network's last truly watchable shows.

In retrospect, can late 2006 be seen as a tipping point when everything went to shit and everything had all personality and thought removed from it including CN?
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>89954211
Meh. I didn't care. It was a pretty forgettable show in my opinion.
>>
>>89954211
It's fucking awful and stop posting it's getting old.
>>
>>89956134
I found their English to be much worse in hindsight, after hearing other Japanese entertainers speak it more fluently.
>>
>>89956506
Nah, I consider Aquagate/2007 Boston bomb scare to be the tipping point for CN.

>original president steps down as a response to the controversy
>suddenly [adult swim] turns into Tim & Eric and more Fox reruns
>CN Real starts up
>Johnny Test and shitty Canadian imports take over
>>
>>89956506
But nigga, there were great things in 2006/2007!

Runescape/WoW best years were 06 and 07
>>
>>89958586
2007-09 were rough years at Cartoon Network but CN City was just a superficial commitment to what was.
Most of the characters in their bumpers were from shows that were out of production and often not even being syndicated anymore.
>>
>>89954211
it was a nice show but it wasn't that great.
>>
>>89958649
was that was burning legion was around?
although runescape sure was huge at the time.
>>
>>89956506
That pic was obviosuly created by a nostalgiafag who came up on hard times. There's no unified switch, you just got older.

The PC was still strong, and 07 was a fucking godsend for gaming. Even in the dark Wii ages Nintendofags still got shit like DK Country Returns and the last good Fire Emblem games.

CN went to shit in 07, but it recovered, and even if it isn't as good as the 05 CN it's nowhere near as bad as the dark ages.

And teevee is pretty gud now.
>>
>>89958857
Burning crusade came out in like 2007, and Lich King the year after. Runescape's golden years were 05-07.

Some of my best gaming memories were in the mid 2000's with those two games. Vidya doesn't feel the same anymore.

I still play rs07/osrs server
>>
>>89958966

Legacy servers when? I'm tired of playing on shitty private servers.
>>
>>89959342
Are you talking about WoW or runescape?

Because if you're talking about runescape I have great news..
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>89959413

.. do you really though?
>>
Why did cartoon network make a cartoon about literally who tier jpop shits
>>
>>89961531
I don't care. More people are on 07 anyways. Got a maxed 1 def pure and a main. I farm zulrah so I can just buy bonds whenever I want to for membership.
>>
who is this poster that is OBSESSED with making sure everyone on /co/ is aware that he thinks hi hi puffy ami yumi was a fantastic show. This is the kind of flagrant autism that gives birth to youtube cartoon reviewers.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.