[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-chuck- dixon-graham-nolan-bane-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 368
Thread images: 38

File: BNCON-Cv1[1].jpg (105KB, 864x1314px) Image search: [Google]
BNCON-Cv1[1].jpg
105KB, 864x1314px
http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-chuck-dixon-graham-nolan-bane-dc-comics/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista
CHUCK "NO HOMO" IS BACK /co/ AND HE IS WRITING OUR FAVORITE BIG GUY
>>
I'm not clicking your link, retard. Post the article or kill yourself.
>>
>more Bane minis
Sweet
>>
File: I can be CIA to this.jpg (34KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
I can be CIA to this.jpg
34KB, 512x384px
>>89945282
>>
>>89945282
That's a big announcement.
>>
>>89945311
As you wish anon
>Bane’s back and he’s ready to give his particular brand of villainy back to you — the people.

The character is already starring in the current “I Am Bane” arc of Tom King and David Finch’s “Batman” series, and CBR has the exclusive first word that writer Chuck Dixon and artist Graham Nolan will return to their creation in DC Comics’ upcoming 12-issue series “Bane: Conquest,” scheduled to debut in May.

>In “Bane: Conquest,” the title villain will reunite with Bird, Trogg and Zombie, his henchmen that have been mostly missing in action since their introduction in the 1993-1993 “Batman: Knightfall” arc, but who re-surfaced as part of the “I Am Bane” storyline. According to DC’s official description of the series, Bane will take his criminal ambitious out of Gotham, in search of “new cities to conquer and new enemies to crush.”

>“Always happy to be reunited with Graham and this is an especially heady experience returning to our most significant contribution to the Batman mythos,” Dixon, who created Bane with Nolan and Doug Moench, said in a statement. “The best aspect of this project is that it’s not a cameo or nostalgia tour for Graham and I. It’s more like we’re back after all this time to work on a truly epic story about Bane and we haven’t lost a step.”
>>
>>89945282
>Designed as both a physical and intellectual match for Batman, Bane was first introduced in 1993’s “Batman: Vengeance of Bane” one-shot, which led to his major role in “Knightfall,” which culminated in Bane breaking Batman’s back — one of the most famous images from superhero comics of the 1990s. Unlike many ’90s comic book creations, Bane thrived in subsequent years, with prominent appearances in both the Batman comics and series such as “Secret Six.” Though Bane’s first live-action appearance was a minor role in 1997’s critically maligned “Batman and Robin,” the character was famously and rather uniquely played by Tom Hardy in 2012’s “The Dark Knight Rises” (and people are still impersonating that voice today).

>“It’s very exciting to return with Chuck to a character we so love and are so identified with,” Nolan said in a statement, adding that this will be the “ultimate Bane adventure.” “DC has allowed us to return him to his roots, bring back old friends and create new characters that will rock Bane and Batman’s world.”

>“Bane: Conquest” also marks the highest-profile superhero comic book work from Dixon or Nolan in years, though the two have collaborated with each other as recently as 2015’s “Shadow Tiger” from Graphic India. Dixon has stated in the past, including in the 2014 Wall Street Journal op-ed “How Liberalism Became Kryptonite for Superman” that he wrote with artist Paul Rivoche, that his position as a conservative comics creator (which has included writing the 2016 graphic novel adaptation of “Clinton Cash,” a book highly critical of Bill and Hillary Clinton) has at times made it difficult for him to get work in the comics industry.

>“Bane: Conquest” is scheduled to debut on May 3, with a cover by Nolan and a variant by Kelley Jones, another prominent creator of the ’90s Batman books. The full solicitation text and a look at the first issue follow below:
>>
File: BANE-A[1].jpg (167KB, 800x1214px) Image search: [Google]
BANE-A[1].jpg
167KB, 800x1214px
BANE: CONQUEST #1

Written by CHUCK DIXON • Art and cover by GRAHAM NOLAN • Variant cover by KELLEY JONES

The co-creators of Bane make a triumphant return to the character, with a twelve-issue series that will push him to the limit! Bane is seeking to create a global criminal empire with the help of his original gang, Bird, Trogg, and Zombie. The Man Who Broke The Bat moves beyond Gotham to find new cities to conquer and new enemies to crush. He won’t stop until he stands at the top of the world of crime! For Bane, it’s all about CONQUEST
>>
File: BANE-B[1].jpg (143KB, 800x1214px) Image search: [Google]
BANE-B[1].jpg
143KB, 800x1214px
>>
File: bane.jpg (215KB, 806x1162px) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
215KB, 806x1162px
>>89945381
>people are still impersonating that voice today
And /co/ said that was a bad movie...
>>
File: BANE-C[1].jpg (197KB, 800x1214px) Image search: [Google]
BANE-C[1].jpg
197KB, 800x1214px
>>
>>89945359
>Bird, Trogg, and Zombie are back

Fucking finally.
>>
>>89945381
>his position as a conservative comics creator has at times made it difficult for him to get work in the comics industry
Good. Also, I'm starting to think that what they said about Marvel's influence on the industry was actually true.
>>
>>89945465
>TFW they just get fucked over again by Bane.
>>
>>89945335
For Everyone
>>
File: if i pull this off.jpg (67KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
if i pull this off.jpg
67KB, 800x480px
>>89945282
>>
>>89945282
What are the chances of Dixon making the comic as political as he possibly can just to fuck with people?
>>
>as a conservative

he must have hated writing Batman then
also this totally explain those retarded Punisher/Batman crossovers
>>
>>89945519
Little to none. He's not stupid.
>>
>>89945424
>Open mouth and nose
Gross
>>
>>89945550
He wrote a lot of DC, so nope.
>those retarded Punisher/Batman crossovers
True.
>>
>>89945282
> Chuck Dixon back at DC.

Holy fuck after him rage quiting and then burning bridges. I'd never thought I see this day. Da fuck did Didio do to get him back?
>>
>>89945565
I like it, very Lucha.
>>
>>89945584
They Also made peace with Tony isabella.
>>
File: didio love.jpg (7KB, 108x156px) Image search: [Google]
didio love.jpg
7KB, 108x156px
>>89945584
>rage quiting and then burning bridges
Go on.
>Da fuck did Didio do to get him back?
He has a big heart.
>>
>>89945623
Holy hell. When?!
>>
>>89945653
2015. Geoff Johns reached out to me on June 2, asking if he could phone me. I like Geoff and his writing, so I said sure and told him when would be a good time.

Geoff wanted to talk about Black Lightning and my dissatisfaction with my decades-unpleasant relationship with DC Comics. Just as I always have, Geoff sees a lot of potential in my finest creation. It’s a potential the previous DC management clearly never saw. We talked about what it would take to make things right between me and DC so that Geoff could, in good conscience, consider developing the character in this bigger-than-1976-or-even-1995 new comics world.

That conversation will remain private for now. Let’s just call it a good start. It was the first time in two decades a DC executive didn’t speak to me like I was a child or insane.
>>
>>89945697
I remember his 1990s BL series. The first arc was so good that it didn't look like him.
>I like Geoff and his writing
Praise from a classic writer is the best sign of quality.
>>
>>89945552
Exactly, Dixon used to be THE Batman guy, now he's a literally who

No chance he spoils this chance by making an overtly political book
>>
>>89945743
>Praise from a classic writer is the best sign of quality.
Agreed
>>
>>89945758
>THE Batman guy
And the Robin guy, and the Nightwing guy, and the BoP guy, and the Airboy guy....
>>
>>89945697
>I like Geoff and his writing,

Woah, terrible tastes. No wonder other DC executive consider this guy insane
>>
File: Detective698-09.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Detective698-09.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89945758
>No chance he spoils this chance by making an overtly political book
Indeed; he knows that using characters you don't own to express a political agenda is a big no-no.
>>
When was the last good Dixon book? I mostly know him from his translation work on various eurocomics.

Also when I see Dixon I expect to see Truman, so get on it DC
>>
HOLY CATS. Man. I never thought I'd live to see the day Dixon worked for DC again. But that article is hilarious, using Trump's Bane quote. I can't quite figure out if this is going to be in continuity or not, but Vegeance of Bane was phenomenal, so I'm ON BOARD.
>>
>>89945864
I've enjoyed his prose novels recently. I also read some of his work on the weird Frankenstein book, and some Indian superhero comic, which were both decent.
>>
>>89945864
He was never really good. Basically just the Batbook Jurgens.
>>
Should we tell /tv/ about this?
>>
>>89945743
>1990s BL series
Bots love? Name?
>>
>>89945864
G.I. Joe was the last I read by him.

>>89945897
But Jurgens' Superman comics are good, anon.
>>
>>89945950
Search and you will find, apprentice.
>>
>>89945950

If you read the thread you would see he is referring to black lightning
>>
>>89945897

Jurgens is good, he's honestly one of the few writers I would say has been consistent for decades
>>
>>89945955
>But Jurgens' Superman comics are good, anon.

Readable enough to enjoy but not actually good. Nothing must-read based on quality.
>>
>>89945922
yes, but just post the link. see how many don't actually read the article and then get hype that Christopher Nolan is coming back to Bane. bet there'll be at least 4
>>
>>89945282
>CHUCK "NO HOMO"
I always remember how his Grifter/Midnighter mini had a no-homo everyother page and still was gay af...
>>
>>89945955
>>89946050

You're missing the point. Batbook Jurgens is a good description.

Like Jurgens, Dixon has done some good work but the vast majority of what he did is mediocre and forgettable. Dixon isn't bad, he just isn't great.

Just like you wouldn't find Dixon anywhere near the top of a "Best Bat Writers List", you wouldn't find Jurgens on a best Supes writers list.
>>
>>89945623
Don't forget Rucka
It's nice to see how DC unjusted themselves
>>
>>89946223
but people recommend Knightfall and Nightwing Year One all the time
>>
Finally, a well-written Bane to read.
>>
>>89946061
done
>>>/tv/79459687
>>
File: happy cat.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
happy cat.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
>Chuck is back
>>
>>89946245
And Batgirl and Robin Year One. And they should recommend Vengeance of Bane.
>>
>>89946301
Eh, Robin Year One has not muh Two-Face. Dixon's really fond of the idea that the guy goes out of his way to make the coin toss irrelevant.
>>
>>89946200
It's amazing how he manages to make it gayer when he's trying to assert someone's straightness. Connor Hawke is another good example
>>
>>89946245
Sure, and I said Dixon has done good work, but he's also generally not held up among the best. Dixon is okay but he's not great, which is why he's largely forgotten now.

There were plenty of solid writers from the Silver Age who did good work but no one today knows too.
>>
>first Priest
>now Dixon
Who is next? Ditko?
>>
>>89946402
Waid would be definitive proof that DC magic is real.
>>
>>89946429
Only if Marvel or DC wants incoherent rants about Objectivism.
>>
>>89946355
He still has a strong legacy with Bane, mob boss Penguin, Dickbabs shipping (for better or worse), Spoiler, Birds of Prey, and Montoya's non-DCAU personality (she debuted in the comics first even though she was created for the cartoon) until Rucka got his tough male lesbian hands on her, although she's been de-Rucka'd of everything except the lesbianism.
>>
>>89946472
That would be Ditko, not Waid.
>>
>>89946479
Yeah, sorry, somehow I clicked on the wrong comment to respond to.
>>
>>89946476
Sure he has a legacy, but if you ask comics readers who weren't around in the 90s/early 2000s they probably wouldn't know his name. His work lives on but the man is largely forgotten.
>>
>>89946545
DC has been reprinting a lot of his stuff lately, though.
>>
>>89946472
DC doesn't. That's why they kept Paul Pope away from writing.
>>
>>89946622
God, after reading Battling Boy, I'm kinda glad he didn't get on Kamandi, that's not the redeeming run I think of after Earth's End. If that was his big plan for it. It wasn't pretty good. His art is still great but fuck was it uninspired. It was pretty much just cookie cutter-tier
>>
>>89945550
A good writer is able to write characters that have their own opinions, instead of mouthpieces.
>>
>>89946429
They've already started reprinting his Flash and LOSH runs
Im hopeful based cereal guy can save him from writing shitty and preachy Champions comics
>>
>>89946331
Still a great story with great art. I'm not a villain fan, so I don't really care that much.
>>
>>89946607
To be fair they are reprinting 90s DC in general lately and he just wrote a lot of it.
>>
>>89946545
I think there's a political aspect to that. Though some idiot tried to tell me that he's a jerk, but refused to name any sources.
>>
>>89945811
Don't forget the Green Arrow guy. Connors run was good, fight me
>>
>>89945697
Based big heart closet baldie Johns with based big heart full baldie Didio making friendships and building bridges. :3
>>
>>89946779
>Based big heart closet baldie Johns

I think he got hair transplants so he doesn't look as bald as before.
>>
>Rucka back on WW
>Jurgens back on Superman
>Dixon back on Bane
Johns was a mistake. Im guessing he'll put Levitz on legion now.
>>
>>89946709
I want Waid back so we can have a long and respectable Superman run for once.
>>
>>89946708
Though most of Dixon's characters were conservative or apolitical at best. During Knightfall he wrote a DKR-esque bleeding heart psychologist who claimed the Arkham inmates were just hurting, misunderstood people who got btfo by Riddler.
>>
>>89945864
Very middle of the road, Punisher War Zone is the only thing that really stands out to me, IRobin and Batgirl Year One are really fun and I don't know how much of that is actually written by him, but that whole early 00's, late 90's event heavy Batman era was great, with Knightfall, Contagion, Cataclysm... And of course I loved his Birds of Prey when I was a teenager bursting with hormones, though Simone's is undoubtedly better and both are just sorta there.
>>
>>89946891
Meh, surely we already had that kind of character before.
>>
>>89946402
>>89946429
They're building up magic Rebirth particles to get Alan Moore to praise the big dumb Watchmen event in two years or so. Remember the shitstorm when all of those A+ writers and artists got a couple of Watchmen minis, and "comic journalists" were literally calling for blood? People are so fickle.
>>
File: 1420926063338.png (100KB, 228x230px) Image search: [Google]
1420926063338.png
100KB, 228x230px
>>89946854
Now we just need Gerard Jones back on GL
>>
>>89946545
I kinda feel like he's in the PAD/Englehart club of underappreciated work horses, they're like Geoff Johns style B propriety renovators with long stints, but unlike Johns they never really hit it big with a GL type almost mainstream hit, and never got an office job to maintain their status.
>>
>>89946429
Johns had dinner with Waid a couple of months ago
>>
>>89946994
DC Comics presents "if I DID IT"
>>
>>89946953
I remember what happened to some of those creators.

>>89946994
Eh... can you settle for Ron Marz?
>>
>>89946854
Jurgens has been same old, same old, but I really think Rucka is killing it on Wondie, his previous run was like the dark horse WW run for a lot of people, and this one is better in every single way, with gorgeous art. Kinda feel like a lot of people get confused by him refusing to write a biweekly, and a lot of people get turned off by his political opinions (which 98% of comic book writers share anyway, so it seems weird to single him out).
>>
>>89946953
>Remember the shitstorm when all of those A+ writers and artists got a couple of Watchmen minis, and "comic journalists" were literally calling for blood? People are so fickle.

How are they fickle? Everyone said the Watchmen stunt was a transparent, pathetic cashing in on Watchmen's reputation, which they were, and they were as terrible as everyone said they'd be.

Moore was proven right once again, that DC has just been riding his coattails for decades. Rebirth is just another bit on the pile of proof.
>>
File: Blue_Lantern_Corps_Crest.jpg (72KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Lantern_Corps_Crest.jpg
72KB, 320x480px
>>89947043
>they're already putting their magic to work
>>
>>89947027
Not really. PAD and Englehart were massively talented and some of the best American cape writers. Dixon is nowhere as good as them.
>>
>>89947109
Meh. His first WW run was quite underwhelming, why would this one be better?
>>
>>89947111
It's fickle because the very same people are now crazy about Rebirth's Watchmen elements, which are infinitely more disrespectable to the source material. Though who really cares? This dogmatic worshipping of fictional IPs is very silly.
>>
>>89947174
"Watchmen happened in the DC multiverse" seems better to me than "here are a bunch of terribly written prequels that contradict what actually happened in Watchmen."
>>
>>89947174
>the very same people are now crazy about Rebirth's Watchmen elements
Bipolarity is a fundamental element in entertainment journalism.
>>
>>89945473
I always thought nobody hired Dixon for awhile because of his X-men run where they tried to make Nightwing the pope and the communion cookies disintegrated people plotline being fucking bonkers
>>
>>89946854
>Johns was a mistake
why though
>>
>>89945651

Basically, he was brought back on Robin and tried to fix all the damage Willingham and Beechen did on the comic. He was building up numerous plot lines (wanted a Spoiler mini, dirty cops, "Spoiler"-lite burglar, Tim/Steph being close again, was going to have Cluemaster return) when he came to blows with Editorial because of Batman R.I.P. and no doubt Grant wanting Damian as Robin and Dick as Batman. To be frank, Nightwing was treading water already so that was alright. But given Dixon wasn't, they told him to conform, he didn't.

I forgot the aftermath since it wasn't as spectacular like Waid's rage quit. But he dissed DC a bit, now and again chuckled heartily at the use of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, and then Stephanie becoming popular. Meaning he got checks from them and loved that fact.

It's probably a tiny reason Stephanie was considered "toxic" given upper staff probably loathed that Dixon created her.

He was also writing Batman & the Outsiders also at the same time. Not surprisingly in that comic he had years of stories planned out that had to be scuttled. Then he took Batman out of the comic in the most hilariously bad way possible as a middle finger to editorial (him riding one of those parasites from the 90s event and just disappearing from the rest of the comic because again Batman R.I.P.).

Then Frank Tieri come's on for a few issues tying up Dixon run as best he could and of all things the Beechen Batgirl mini. Then he introduces the new Azrael and nobody pays any mind to this intro throughout Battle for the Cowl when he officially appears like after that event.
>>
>>89947223
Wrong Chuck, that's Austen.
>>
>>89947223
That was Chuck Austen.
>>
>>89947174
>people are now crazy about Rebirth's Watchmen elements

...are they? I thought that was something that people mocked.

People like Rebirth because the books have been really good so far for the most part.
>>
>>89946854
>Im guessing he'll put Levitz on legion now.

You mean Abnett. Levitz already came back and failed.
>>
>>89947239
Nice to know, thanks.
>Frank Tieri
Is he readable?
>>
>>89947241
>>89947251
oh shit, you're right. I don't know a lot of Chuck's apparently and just subconsciously lumped them together

well, I like Dixon's Robin and Nightwing runs and always wondered how he fell so hard as to do that plotline, now I know he didn't
>>
>>89945424
>He's back on venom
Sadness
>>
>>89947174
>This dogmatic worshipping of fictional IPs is very silly.

There's no "dogmatic worship". People hated the Watchmen prequels because the idea was stupid and the result was terrible.
>>
>>89947293
Wasn't him kicking his addiction ret conned after Rebirth?
>>
File: scary as usual.jpg (92KB, 670x909px) Image search: [Google]
scary as usual.jpg
92KB, 670x909px
>>89947295
But some of the creators were punished by him.
>>
>Chuck fucking Dixon
Thought he was blacklisted due to his right wing politics. BASED DC.
>>
>>89947239
Where do you learn all this behind-the-scenes stuff? Is there a good resource for it? I like hearing about these stories.

>I forgot the aftermath since it wasn't as spectacular like Waid's rage quit.

Would you mind summarizing this? What happened?
>>
>>89947270
Same fatsos on my LCS that were going full McCarthy a couple of years ago because someone was cashing in on the one untouchable holy grail funnybook that will make mommy pay for all of their Power Girl figures because all superheroes are now Hugo award stuff with all the rape and really good stuff you need in art are now completely gaga over all the Watchmen themed little scattered teasing that never goes anywhere that DC and Marvel do for every single event.
>>
>>89947327
DC doesn't do this because they have the same ideology as him, in case anyone is wondering.
>>
>>89947315
I wonder if there's any scenario where Moore would work for DC again.

Maybe if they created a special imprint just for him with a guarantee of complete editorial control and no interference from DC at all.
>>
>>89947356
Not sure if tipping my fedora.
>>
DC is so desperate with the rebirth meme they are trying to take back all the people they had before nu-52

hilarious
>>
File: aftermath2.jpg (146KB, 665x1024px) Image search: [Google]
aftermath2.jpg
146KB, 665x1024px
>>89947282

The question isn't is he readable, it should be can you read and not hurl at the art of Ryan Benjamin?
>>
>>89947282
>Tieri
>readable
LMAO
>>
>>89947376
>guarantee of complete editorial control and no interference from DC at all
But didn't this already happen in the past?
>>
>>89945697
Based Cereal God.
>>
>>89947356
I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this comment. You seem kind of confused about what Watchmen even is.
>>
Random Bane question, am I just mistakenly remembering or did Bane once bang one of Ra's daughters?
>>
>>89945282
i do wonder what will happen if this turns out well, maybe they will give Chuck a monthly book ? i would be fine if he was in Tec really
>>
>>89947394
>>89947396
Oh well, I will stick to his cameo in Parker.
>>
>>89945697
>It was the first time in two decades a DC executive didn’t speak to me like I was a child or insane.
jfc lefties
>>
>>89947416
yeah he tried to bang talia
>>
>>89947233
He's banking on nostalgia instead of getting new voices on those characters, even if it means getting mediocre creators. He also doesn't like his favourite characters to be altered in any way and likes to maintain a strict control over them.
>>
>>89947435
>lefties
What's with the /pol/ shit, /pol/ shit?
>>
>>89947308
The only New52 appearance I remember was on that terrible Dark Knight book, and he was in dumb Venom muscle guy hanging around Gotham and doing the job status. Kicking Venom was in Post Crisis Secret Six, which isn't canon at all in New52. Though in King's Batman, he WAS straight edge, using Psycho Pirate as his counselor to make him feel safe and loved without getting into dick measuring contests with all the alpha males in the world, then of course, Batman stole Psycho Pirate to heal the PTSD Gotham Girl, Bane got back on Venom, got his old gang back and plans to do Knightfall 2: Eletric Bogaloo over the next 3 issues.
>>
>>89947423
He should replace King, actually anyone should replace King
>>
>>89947386
Cuck Spencer pls go
>>
>>89947456
>DC BENIS! DC BENIS!
>>
>>89947270
Even the media who were dissing DC are behind them now, and act as if DC can do literally no wrong.
>>
>>89947376
Moore doesn't need DC, and he gets really irked with the concept of other people using IPs he created. Which is sorta funny, given how literally of his independent works borrow heavily or go full fanfiction with the works of celebrated classic authors or mythology.
>>
>>89947376
Like ABC?
>>
>>89947381
>>89947409
Haven't slept in two days and I'm seven black expressos in today, no commas but you can read it over and get it if you really need it.
>>
>>89945282
Will Dixon stop complaining to newspapers that there is a conspiracy to keep conservative writers away from comics now?
>>
>>89947506
>what is public domain?
>>
>>89947361
DC's not conservative, they're just more center-left than Marvel.
>>89947444
More than try, he succeeded, and ended up disappointed.
>>
>>89947327
He's just a professional victim and a crybaby.
>Wah! DC only blacklisted me for my politics.
It's as pathetic as Ray Dillon's Twitter rant that got him fired.
>>
>>89947456
>He also doesn't like his favourite characters to be altered in any way and likes to maintain a strict control over them

He has no qualms changing characters to be what he thinks of as cool. Case in point Superboy.
>>
>>89947404
Are you referring to America's Best Comics?

If so, not really. What happened there was Moore set up ABC as a Wildstorm imprint at the urging of Jim Lee in the late 90s. At around the same time, Lee was looking to sell Wildstorm due to the mid-90s comic crash ending Image's early boom years, and ended up selling to DC without Moore's knowledge.

So Moore found himself, indirectly, working for DC again. He was unhappy with it but decided to honor his contracts with Lee and continue his books.

However, after several incidents of friction with DC editorial, he eventually decided to wind down the ABC books with only the League of Extraordinary Gentleman remaining, and then took even that back after further disputes.
>>
>>89947546
The magic that lets him use the works of celebrated classic authors and mythology while keeping all of the profits.
>>
>>89947621
Protip: many other writers do the same. So if you hate Moore you must hate the rest of those writers.
>>
File: 392881-31112-cluemaster_large.jpg (34KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
392881-31112-cluemaster_large.jpg
34KB, 300x450px
>>89947344

Piecing the pieces of the whole affair via Dixon talking about the comics.

Dixon talked about his plans for his future Robin and Batman & Outsiders ideas (he had a fill-in issue of Tec dealing with how Cassandra got back with Bruce aka not written by Beechen) stuff on CBR (Robin) and Rama (B&O).

Heck, the solicitation for Cluemaster was in the official solicitations before it got yanked then replaced with the Batman R.I.P. tie-in (aka pic related). It's possible that Williams III had a few pages done before he got the new script.

I always wanted to ask Dixon if he still had the scripts or outlines just to know where it all would have gone.

Holy fuck. I just realized. With Spoiler gone from the team and suddenly DC reprinting her ongoing. They're so giving Stephanie a mini or ongoing by Dixon aren't they?.
>>
>>89947511
No. See >>89947566

ABC wasn't made for him by DC, it was an accident that it ended up under the DC umbrella. And he wasn't given any kind of editorial immunity with it, in fact it was fights with DC editorial over various issues in the ABC books that caused him to leave DC again.

I'm talking about an imprint where they'd contractually guarantee they wouldn't touch his work. Of course such an imprint would have to be a "mature audiences only" line, but it could work.
>>
>>89947648
>superheroes are a child's fantasy written for emotionally stunted adults
>never mind that I was one of the first to write mainstream child-unfriendly superhero comics
>now check out my sophisticated zombie and Lovecraft comics for non-emotionally stunted adults
>>
>>89947547
I don't know about that, even without getting into out of editorial stuff like Perlmutter, Marvel published a full on fascist, mudslime killing, Chris Kyle worhsipping, border shooting run on The Punisher and no one gave a shit.
>>
>>89947540
>complaining to newspapers
What? When did that happen?
>>
>>89947709
In 2014 he co-wrote an op/ed for the Wall Street Journal
>>
>>89945584
>>89947239
He didn't "rage quit".

He was fired for making anti-censorship remarks on DC's official forum. He said something like "let the writers do the writing" in response to a question along the lines of "why doesn't DC let feminist groups censor their comics to make sure that they're politically correct?" He got shitcanned pretty much immediately and was blacklisted.
>>
>>89947685
None of those statements are conflicting, though.

He wanted to elevate the genre, which many people agree he did. He then felt his work was misused and the genre didn't really rise to a better state after all, so he left.

Now he does work that he feels is aimed at more mature audiences. Comics are just a medium, they can be used to tell all kinds of stories.
>>
>>89947648
I love Moore, I love all of his works, I own all of his works. But he's a fucking prick and a thick headed hypocritical old croone. That takes nothing out of his work, otherwise I'd have to stop reading nigger hanger HP Lovecraft, Morrison with all of his yuppie newage bullshit, Gaiman with his insufferable arrested development limp dick teenage poet schitck, I'd have to stop watching movies because every single actor is a stuck up cunt and Brando was an anal rapist and Klaus Kinski brutally raped his daughter for years.
>>
>>89946891
>most of Dixon's characters were conservative

couldn't be further from the truth
>>
>>89947621
>while keeping all of the profits.

What does this even mean? Who would or should he share the profits of his work with?

The whole point of public domain is that there isn't an owner to share with. Is he supposed to be writing checks to the descendants of Bram Stoker or the writer of the Allan Quatermain books?

What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>89947741
Moore himself says he's deeply embarrassed over all the edgefests he wrote in the 80s.
>>
>>89945381
>his position as a conservative

Dixon is left-center by any non-entertainment industry's standards. This is a guy who wrote an anti-Second Amendment issue of Punisher, for fuck's sake. It's just that comics are the most extreme far-left industry in existence.
>>
>>89947770
>But he's a fucking prick and a thick headed hypocritical old croone.

But Moore really, really isn't. Read or listen to him talking about ANYTHING besides his old comic work and he's brilliant, charming, funny, and kind.

I think he was embittered by his experiences working in the mainstream comics industry in the late 80s/early 90s, and he's let that fester because he has a naturally prickly personality and because they kind of have kept fucking him.

I think he may overstate his position on comics, but he's also largely not wrong.
>>
>>89947683
He was actually given content immunity when DC bought Wildstorm. The dispute was over an ad placement.
>>
>>89947681
>I always wanted to ask Dixon if he still had the scripts or outlines just to know where it all would have gone.

At this point he's either forgotten or doesn't want to remember. I remember a few interviews with Gerard Jones over what his run would've gone through if 48-50 hadn't gotten re-written when he got the boot and he said he'd completely forgotten what he was gonna do with GL and with Mosaic.
>>
File: bigpostforyou.png (563KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
bigpostforyou.png
563KB, 569x802px
BANE?
>>
>>89947827
Except he voted for Trump and is a fan of Milo.
>>
>>89947506
There's nothing hypocritical about what he does.

He would be the first to tell you that he's not against the very idea of using older characters and stories. It's a core part of his work and beliefs.

What he criticizes DC for is just rehashing his old ideas and stories without bringing anything new.
>>
>>89947789
Sure, he's grown and changed as an artist and a person, and that's fine.

I'm just saying there's nothing hypocritical or conflicting about the positions in the comment I replied to.
>>
>>89947777
You had tough-on-crime Batman (who also wasn't able to tell that Grace and Thunder were lovers even though he's supposed to be the world's greatest detective), good boys like Tim and Connor who never engaged in risky premarital sex, a Stephanie Brown who did, got pregnant, and gave it up for adoption rather than abort, a Barbara Gordon who was so stubbornly self-reliant that she custom-ordered a wheelchair with no handlebars. Characters expressing conservative values all over the place.
>>
>>89947919
>a Barbara Gordon who was so stubbornly self-reliant that she custom-ordered a wheelchair with no handlebars
Because insecure women are so progressive, right?
>>
>>89947919
You're really, really stretching here. Those aren't "conservative values" in any sense, except in contrast to the dumbest Fox News stereotype of what a liberal is.
>>
>>89947872
based
>>
>>89947785
Of course not, but he acts like owns the IP of every single character he tangetinally worked, and in his own work he's incapable of truly creating something new, he's not some Daniel Clowes style true autheur and has very little ground to act like one, likely inflated by all the blind praise Vertigo can do no wrong aged mall goths and brainlets give him.

>>89947836
He's brilliant, charming, funny, kinda, and a big time hypocritical thick headed old croone. People are funny like that. His infantile shitfits over Morrison and Brian Bolland, the way he distorts past events and drops longitme so that he's always a poor persecuted minority, acting like a clinical histrionic case.
>>
>>89947919
>good boys like Tim and Connor who never engaged in risky premarital sex

Connor was just oblivious to sex which I think was a good trait for him to counter Ollies insane sex drive. There was also that time with the ghost.
>>
File: 1485725140345.jpg (36KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
1485725140345.jpg
36KB, 415x392px
>>89947994
>sjws give money to Marvel despite this company supporting Drumpf
>white trash give money to DC despite this company not supporting Drumpf
>>
>>89947961
Most folks don't have problems with handlebars on wheelchairs. Her attitude was "fuck you, no hand-outs for me, I will literally pull myself (by my bootstraps)." I liked it as a character trait, but it was definitely conservative.
There was also a moment in his BoP run where some military guy threw some shade at the incompetence of Jimmy Carter the peanut farmer and she rolled her eyes with him.
>>
>the guy that wrote "Joker, run" back at DC

people are happy for this
>>
>>89948057
What else is conservative for you? A person trying to recover from cancer?
>>
>>89948057
> I liked it as a character trait, but it was definitely conservative.

No, it wasn't. I'm guessing you sincerely use the word "libtard".
>>
>>89945864
His G.I. Joe was OK.

>>89945897
Only idiots who've only read his Bat books think this.

Chuck Dixon was THE Batman writer of the 90s, so that's mostly what he's remembered for, but unfortunately it's also his weakest work.

Dude did the second best run on The Punisher, like half of Alien Legion, an awesome reboot of Airboy, Rush City, War Man, Seven Block, The Black Terror, Radio Boy, Winterworld, Swords of Texas, Strike!, Evangeline, Lawdog, Car Warriors, a few What If?s, dozens of issues of Savage Sword of Conan, and a surprisingly large number of martial arts comics including Richard Dragon and several indie titles.

He's one of the best pure action story writers ever in comics.

This page: >>89882800 is from his Punisher run.
>>
>>89947681
FRIKKIN HECK THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.
>>
>>89947027
>I kinda feel like he's in the PAD/Englehart club of underappreciated work horses

this

I'll take a nice long good 12-36 issue run over 6 issues of bombastic trade driven events.

I'd add Roger Stern to that club as well, maybe Mantlo too but that Ellison thing was troubling.
>>
>>89947872
most moderates voted for trump due to sjws alienating them on the left

milo is a stupid faggot without a conservative bone in his body
>>
>>89947884
>What he criticizes DC for is just rehashing his old ideas and stories without bringing anything new.
Very common mistake, but Alan Moore has no criticism, whenever someone mentions his past work, even something as simple as a Miracleman reprinting, he literally assumes nothing has been written in the last 30 years.
>>
File: citation needed.png (11KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
citation needed.png
11KB, 150x150px
>>89948155
>most moderates voted for trump
>>
COMIC LEGEND: Chuck Dixon planned on having Tim Drake become Blue Beetle for a few months while Stephanie Brown became Robin.

By late 2001, Chuck Dixon had already made Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, a recurring character in the pages of Birds of Prey. Ted had pretty much retired as Blue Beetle by this point. Ted particularly seemed to have strong interactions with Robin (Tim Drake).

As it turns out, that was all quite intentional as Dixon originally planned for a storyline where Tim Drake would actually take OVER as Blue Beetle!!!

The idea was that, for whatever reason, Tim would quit as Robin (this would all be in the issues leading up to 2002’s Robin #100) and become the new Blue Beetle under Ted Kord’s guidance. This would involve a six-issue Blue Beetle mini-series starring Tim and Ted, and after it was all over, some crisis or another would drag Tim back to being Robin. Having someone become the new Blue Beetle, though, would inspire Ted to basically franchise out the name to other heroes, who he would then coordinate. This would be in a new ongoing title (presumably also by Dixon).
>>
>>89948044
>thinking I'm white
>thinking I buy comic books
>thinking you're some kind of radical centrist and that both sides are equally bad

It's 2017 and you guys seriously still do this.
>>
>>89948106
>pure action story writers
So basically, a mediocre writer.
>>
>>89948173
The person who wins the election wins over the most moderates.
Hillbot's popular vote advantage came from Commiefornia. He was winning the popular vote until the west coast results came in.
>>
File: 0801240.jpg (19KB, 195x250px) Image search: [Google]
0801240.jpg
19KB, 195x250px
>>89948057
>be Barbara Gordon
>be Batgirl
>one day Joker of all people finds out my secret identity
>leaves me in a wheelchair
>according to anon, I must be vulnerable and unable to pull myself (by my bootstraps)
>>
>>89948183
>backpedaling
Like clockwork.
>>
>>89948196
No, a high quality writer in non-cape/hipster faggotry. Just because he doesn't appeal to neckbeards who only read capes and Image garbage doesn't mean he can't write.
>>
>>89948225
More like Illegalfornia.
>>
>>89948225
>The person who wins the election wins over the most moderates.
Clinton won the election by 3 million votes.
>>
>>89948196
Sure, but taht's the meat and bones of monthly superhero books if you stick around this hobby long enough you come to appreciate these sorta guys. He's not some unreliable flash in the pan type Milligan sort.
>>
>>89948253
this
>>
>>89948228
She obviously could, but her negative reaction to the idea of accepting any kind of charity/help/hand-outs was conservative as opposed to liberal ideology of being pro-the-existence-of-welfare.
>>
>>89948253
>>89948259
>/pol/ invades again
Hiro, about that rangeban we discussed...
>>
File: 1476658492511.jpg (9KB, 281x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476658492511.jpg
9KB, 281x200px
>>89948245
>>
>>89948259
been proven that 7 million extra votes were counted for hillary

the dude in charge of the democrats vote initiative thing admitted on camera that they bus illegals around and have them vote multiple times at different polls
>>
>>89948289
>her negative reaction to the idea of accepting any kind of charity/help/hand-outs was conservative
Shut up, will you? Not everyone who dislikes charity is automatically a conservatard, you know.
>>
>>89948247
Anyone who calls Dixon a high quality writer needs to read more non-cape books, famalan.
>>
>>89946738
I am not sure how much is reprinting a specific author, and how much is just reprinting things that have synergy with their current runs. Birds of Prey and Robin both have ties to Rebirth stuff going on now. However, I think a lot of the current writers are big fans of Dixon's work - I know Tynion is, though he likely has a whole paragraph on "liking problematic creators" somewhere in his brain. King also is a big fan, but King's a continuityfag almost as bad as Morrison. :)
>>
>>89948225
>He was winning the popular vote until the west coast results came in.
"As long as you pretend that the most populated state in the country doesn't exist, he won the popular vote."
Fantastic strategy.
>>
>>89946883
Unfortunately, today we're more likely to get "Superman is a commie" than "Superman is a good dude."
>>
>>89947376
>I wonder if there's any scenario where Moore would work for DC again.

Anything is possible & I think Moore is just contrarian enough to do a reversal if his wishes were granted BUT I think DC would rather maintain whatever relationship they have with Morrison. Also Johns has had a beef with Moore after the 'raccoon' insult regarding Green Lantern so as long as the cereal lord is in power I doubt it will happen.

And at this point I really don't know what Moore could do. I'd be more interested in seeing him bury the hatchet with Marvel and maybe doing Fantastic Four (fat chance).
>>
>>89948316
>been proven that 7 million extra votes were counted for hillary
Let me guess, you read this on Breitbart or Infowars?
>>
>>89948359
What? Get outta /co/ Cletus Spuckler you lovable slack-jawed yokel!
>>
>>89948356
Their state is the only one to have banned plastic bags. It doesn't matter how many of them there are if their views are considered the fringe in comparison to everyone else.
>>
>>89945282

Fuck. Yes.
>>
>>89946355

That criteria applies to every writer. Name me a writer who has been 100% of the time top of their game?
>>
>>89946891
Dixon did sometimes let his conservative politics bleed through - like when he had a pregnant Steph choose not to have an abortion, or she criticized the Clintons. But he also had an anti-gun arc on Robin, even though he's an NRA member.
>>
>>89948748
>choose not to have an abortion
Pfah. That's like 100% of all American female characters.
>>
>>89946953
I bought some of those Before Watchmen issues because I hate Moore and wanted to give him the middle finger. And also that Conner art. :)
>>
>>89948748
I remember him doing a cutaway gag about Clinton in his Birds of Prey run.
>>
File: bane.jpg (62KB, 387x384px) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
62KB, 387x384px
>>89948748

Dixon didn't let his politics bleed into this work in the 90's but he's become MUCH more radical in the past few years and he's produced every little in the last few years that isn't alt-right shilling.

I'm a huge fan of the Knightfall anti-Batman Bane that we've seen so little of since and I would love for this story to be great but if he can't keep his blatant shilling out of the comic than fuck him like anyone else left or right that can't. I am cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>89948841
Anon, if Conner cannot draw books anymore after pissing off Moore what will happen to you?
>>
>>89948882
Who didn't, in those days?

>>89948906
DC editors will keep him on a leash. Fear not.
>>
>>89947109
I don't think Rucka's current Wondy is quite as good as his last one, but it's only 16 issues in, so it could become that good. Hopefully he sticks around for another year, to finish up the run. But it is one of the best books currently out there.

I think the problem isn't his politics, it's that he's kind of a jerk about it to fellow creators. I think Frank Cho is a whiner about the whole issue, but I don't think Rucka acted rightly there.
>>
>>89947836

Shame his novels are terrible. Stick to funny books, Alan.
>>
>>89949144
>I think Frank Cho is a whiner about the whole issue, but I don't think Rucka acted rightly there.
Oh for sure, Cho's art really wasn't that risque, it's obviously spillover from Cho's Spidergwen gimmick. Both guys acted like bratty children ratting each other out for Daddy DC though, I wouldn't really put Cho as the whiner, though he did go out in a very unprofessional manner.

But other than that, I don't really know of any instances of Rucka being Nick Spencery with his colleagues, never seen him throw shade at other writers and he seems fine with whatever people wanna do with Batwoman or the Gotham Central gang.
>>
>>89948882

Everyone jokes about Clinton.

I still can't believe the Dems saw fit to run the woman with half a million conspiracy theories about her since the 90s as their candidate. Literally anyone else had a better shot, most of the usual Dem voters refused to vote for her based on decades of hearing shit about her, that plus being a cryptoconservative
>>
>>89947160
...I mean, you have the right to be wrong about Rucka's first Wondy run, but why underwhelming? It's twisty, full of operatic emotions and character development, and has a heartbreaking but hopeful conclusion!
>>
>>89947109
I think his current run is terribly paced and too straight forward with no substance. It reads more like a wonder woman fan fiction.
>>
>>89947740
Sauce? I've never heard that particular story.
>>
>>89949275
You Americans love to believe any retarded idea, that's the problem.
>>
>>89949187
Hardly his fault, Ellis and Rucka write horrible books, Coates and Orson Scott make disjointed horrible fucking comics, crossover talent like Gaiman and China are hard to come by. Though there is something tragic in the way Moore disowns his famous superhero comic work but can't write a short story to save his life, kinda like how Grant Morrison was sure he'd write the next great screenplay, get a legit mainstream cult following or at the very least get some blockbusters out like that hack prick Millar.
>>
>>89949287
>she blinds herself for no reason
>>
>>89947239
The thing is, Dixon would probably have been happy to go along with what they were planning. I could see him happily writing both Steph in Batgirl and Tim in Red Robin, and having a lot of synergy in those titles (not that the people who did write those series weren't great). But there were some people at DC who didn't even give him a chance to try.

I really liked his Batman and the Outsiders comic - it was fun, fluffy action comics with solid characters and plot, and excellent art. A shame it was handed to Tieri.
>>
>>89947473
>Kicking Venom was in Post Crisis Secret Six, which isn't canon at all in New52.
...and in Vengeance of Bane 2, which is by Dixon/Nolan.

The Knightfall storyline was the only time he actually used Venom until relatively recently.

In fact, I'm not sure why Secret Six wouldn't be canon other than Scandal disappearing, but that series DID decisively end with Bane falling off the venom wagon and determined to break Batman, presumably because TDKR was coming soon and DC wanted him back to his most recognizable Batman villain status quo.
>>
>>89947295
Nah. They weren't earthshaking like the original (even though I find Moore selfwankery annoying), but they were very nicely done, polished cape comics.
>>
>>89947396
Agreed. Tieri is crap tier.
>>
>>89949344
Each to his own, but I'm literally loving every single issue so far, had a great time reading biweekly in storytimes but it still flashes by when reading it in trades. I like the contrast between more straight laced magic princess Diana and the rough and tumble modern day warrior, the art is great, and it's giving some great arcs for classical rogues, the one thing Wondie always lacked IMO. The only thing I don't get is "straight foward", there's like a twist every odd issue, Perez and Azzarello were straightfoward (and great, don't get me wrong), but Rucka is really putting his detective story love here and pretty much working a new niche into Diana's character as a truth paragon.
>>
I swear they better not turn another of the Bat-villains into some kind of anti-hero
>>
>>89949529
Didn't that already happen with Gail Simone's Secret Six?
>>
>>89949490
Because there's a pretty much forgotten Gail Simone Secret Six New52 series that overrides the Post Crisis one. Damn shame too, I really liked it and it had Elongated Man being happy and doing superhero detective work with his unraped, living wife.
>>
>>89947872
Neither of whom are conservatives. They're centrists who hate the extreme left.
>>
>>89949394

Its a country founded on conspiracy theories and contrarian renegade landowners. What do you expect?
>>
>>89947978
Yeah. Except for Steph's comments about abortion and the Clintons, that's just normal American heroics values.
>>
>>89949569
No, she turned him into a retard.

>>89949593
>centrists
I.e. self-hating alt-righters.
>>
File: 1477388819936.jpg (28KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1477388819936.jpg
28KB, 400x225px
>>89949287
>>
>>89949529
>>89949569
His second appearance after Knightfall is literally teaming up with Batman to take down a couple of up to no good drugdealers. Wirtten by Dixon too. So you're a bit late to hate on that, pal.
>>
>>89948057
I'm a hardcore conservative (so hardcore I refused to vote for Trump because he's too liberal), and I don't think any of these are conservative, except maybe hating on Carter. But Carter was pathetic.
>>
>>89949601
A bit of intelligence. Silly me for being so naive.
>>
>>89949400

Ellis could write better books if he stopped being so edgy all the time. The guy writes like a 20 year old who just discovered somethingawful, but his plotting is actually pretty solid. Coates was a shitty columnist for a shitty propaganda rag, his hire is purely political.
>>
>>89949651
>I refused to vote for Trump because he's too liberal
So you're a neo-Nazi.
>>
>>89948106
Oooh, that's a solid page. I'm a pathetic person who really only reads Batbooks, but I think his Batman stuff is always quality. Never amazing, but always really fun to read with solid construction.

Dixon wrote Richard Dragon - which ones?
>>
>>89949649
both those cases were fixed
>>
>>89949651
Well yeah, if you're Coolidge or die retarded caveman, anyone that doesn't do drivebys in inner city orphanages will seem like a pinko commie shit.
>>
>>89949578
>unraped, living wife.
Did you forget the part where amnesiac Sue was fucking Riddler? :^)
>>
Between being openly conservative and doing the Clinton Cash comic I'm legitimately surprised Chuck Dixon is getting a writing opportunity for either of the Big Two. Wonder when/if the twitter tantrums will occur.

Anyway, I like the concept (Bane fucking shit up in different places) so I'll give it a chance.
>>
File: Plane Crash Baneposting.png (3MB, 1876x1850px) Image search: [Google]
Plane Crash Baneposting.png
3MB, 1876x1850px
>>89945381
>and people are still impersonating that voice today
Understatement of the century
>>
>>89949666
The Altantic is easily top 5 US publications, and though it's obviously left leaning it's pratically a Reagan mail list compared to the ultra left wing (even more respected) european publications. You sound super ignorant by dismissing it as "shitty propaganda rag", reserve that sorta language for stuff like Vice or Breitbart.
>>
>>89948416
What part of "all the superheros you love are SJWs" did you not understand?
>>
>>89949649
Dixon's post-Knightfall Bane was something of an anti-villain with a weird code of honor, but never depicted as an anti-hero.
>>
>>89949731
Honestly, good for my man Riddler. I'm sure Ralph pounded a couple of hot longue singers during his Joe Fixit phase, just as I'm sure Riddler is a spergy needledick in bed and I'm damn sure Ralph fills her up every night and no man can measure up.
>>
>>89948810
So you're saying it's not conservative? Steph didn't say, "It's my choice but others are okay," like Gaiman did in his Death miniseries, she was full on, "My baby won't pay for my mistake."

>>89949029
Ahahaha. Connor can draw, it's just more profitable to be a big name writer. It's not like she's disappeared after Moore put a hex on her.
>>
>>89949811
Exactly like Gail's, he's a ruthless killer with a warriors's ultra competitive mindset, but he's not killing babies or doing mass killing for the fun of it.
>>
>>89948906
He's only become political in the work that is political, like Clinton Cash or The Forgotten Man. His stuff for Indian Superheros, and the Frankenstein stuff wasn't political - just standard superhero fun stuff.
>>
>>89949880
Connor has an injured hand, she only can draw covers.
>It's not like she's disappeared after Moore put a hex on her.
Cooke, on the other hand...
>So you're saying it's not conservative?
So you're saying progressives don't have any doubts about the abortion matter, ever?
>>
>>89949259
Yeah, I'm on the "both did dumb stuff" idea. I'm inclined to think Rucka was a bit more of a jerk, because he refused to make any statement at all, even to blind SJW sites like The Mary Sue. But I think he's still turning out quality work, and you're right, he doesn't usually throw other creators under the bus.
>>
>>89949795

Atlantic is terrible, they post outright lies and opinions as fact, and run aggressive campaigns to divide people
>>
>>89949419
Medusa, whose power is "turn people who look at her to stone." Blinding herself to take that monster out is a good reason. Especially since she can still block bullets while blind.
>>
>>89950036
>Blinding herself to take that monster out is a good reason
Yeah, but she could have used a cloth instead.
>>
>>89949400
Pretty much agree. Love Rucka's comics, don't like his prose. Love Orson Scott Card's novels, don't really enjoy his Iron Man (though the comic adaptations that other people did of his stuff were pretty good.)

Still don't understand why Coates was hired. But then, I can't bring myself to even pirate that toxic jerk's comics.
>>
>>89950061
>Love Orson Scott Card's novels
So you're a homophobe with pedo inclinations, huh?
>>
>>89949526
That's a really excellent pocket summary of Rucka's current run - thanks, anon!
>>
>>89949526
Didn't he reboot Azzarello's run?
>>
>>89949687
No, the neo nazis literally all voted for Trump. Actual conservatism has nothing to do with race or authoritarianism.
>>
>>89949712
"Conservative" does not equal "Genghis Khan," /pol/. Conservatives think people should help the poor, just not the government, because the government is only really good at filling its own pockets.
>>
>>89949795
Atlantic is reasonably balanced in publishing centrists from both sides, but they do sometimes get a real live wacko leftie like Coates.
>>
>>89950060
She did. Medusa ripped it off.
>>
>>89950083
Yup. That's me. Because Card definitely hates gay people like Janis Ian, and definitely wouldn't praise her every time she gets an award.
>>
>>89945282
Yay more hacks that can't write modern comics. Good job, DC.
>>
>>89950165
>>89950193
Too late, Cletus.

>>89950265
>he had to praise people he hates after everyone called him out on his bullshit
Poor white heterosexual!
>>
>>89950148
No, he literally retconned every single run, including Perez, it's kinda hilarious. But I guess if you're a glass half full kinda guy, now all runs are canon, it's just that they were all illusions.

>>89950193
Personally I don't trust the people to fetch me a proper Subway hoagie, and that's with all of our intentions aligned, me right there keeping an eye out and the hoagie guy doing this for the millionth time, I had a liberatarian phase in highschool, which I guess is better than a goth phase or a SJW phase, but out ther ein the real world you can't trust people for shit, especially in situations where they gain nothing from it and when they can easily turn a blind eye, and really, even libertarian founding fathers like Hayek were completely fine with social security, objectively freer countries like New Zealand or Belgium have great social security systems, though obviously they don't have the migrant stresses the US has.

>>89950085
You're very welcome!
>>
>>89950083

>reading a book means you subscribe to the authors poltical and social beliefs

ok, does this apply to all media? does watching a capeshit movie mean i want to make slaves out of asian children to sell plastic toys?
>>
>>89950354
> literally retconned every single run, including Perez
Too much ego for me.
>out there in the real world you can't trust people for shit
Including you?
>>
>>89950340
What is wrong with you, anon? Card and Ian have both written about their friendship - real friendship, not just "we met at a party," but "he took me in when my liberal and gay friends wouldn't" friendship.
>>
>>89950372
Well, fans don't give a fuck about the working conditions of the people who make those toys they love so much. So...

>>89950407
>one of my best friends is gay!
Ah, the classics.
>>
>>89950393
>Too much ego for me.
It's just hypercrisis.

>Including you?
Eh, you shouldn't jump in front of my car assuming I'll brake in time, and you certainly shouldn't bareback my thick juicy fucking cock assuming I'm not carrying 10 different types of HPV.
>>
>>89950354
Interesting. I also had a libertarian phase in high school, but I've been a hard righty ever since. That being said, I do tend to agree that you can't just trust the people to do the right thing - the government's incentives and punishments are valuable.
>>
>>89950437
One of my best friends is a retard. I'm sure he'd be offended at you giving his people a bad name.
>>
>>89950193
>"Conservative" does not equal "Genghis Khan,"
You're right, we shouldn't be unfair to Genghis.
>>
>>89950458
So that includes you.

>>89950531
>I also had a libertarian phase in high school, but I've been a hard righty ever since
And none of these ideologies has made your life better.

>>89950562
>One of my best friends is a retard
Be careful, it's probably contagious.
>>
File: 1483199056229.gif (3MB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
1483199056229.gif
3MB, 400x362px
>>89950612
>liberal humor
>>
>>89950645
nah, you took the bullet for me.
>>
>>89950789
Oh yes, it includes you. Therefore your defense of Rucka's WW is null and void.
>>
>>89950813
I'm not the one who wrote it. I just liked it.

(inb4 "because you're a retard.)
>>
>>89945282
Johns is fucking ruining DC. Dixon was never much of a writer and he's going to be worse now and the art is something straight out of the 90s. Giving Bane a 12(twelve) issue series after he already had two arcs in "Batman" and he already had that terrible mini by Tomasi a few years ago. Not to mention the hackery that is keeping a character locked down on one writer like this, except Booster Gold by Jurgens some time soon guys.
But man, Johns has got to go... fucker isn't writing any comics and hasn't for a pretty long time now, kept Lobdell around, brought in Dixon, he's probably the idiot that thought it was a good idea to put Tim Sale on variants despite him phoning it in like crazy.
>>
>>89950813
I'm the Rucka guy and I want no business in this sperging out you guys are having.
>>
>>89950847
No, you're the one shilling it.
>>
>>89950908
>Booster Gold by Jurgens some time soon
It's already happening, my man

https://mobile.twitter.com/NormRapmund/status/830838290844524544
>>
>>89950976
Sorry, Rucka guy. Hopefully it's over now.
>>
File: peggy-olson-marijuana.gif (383KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
peggy-olson-marijuana.gif
383KB, 500x281px
>>89948810
You don't know me.
>>
>>89951050
fuck rebirth
>>
File: 1473344552395.jpg (15KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
1473344552395.jpg
15KB, 199x199px
>>89951050
>>
File: img_2561.jpg (11KB, 341x327px) Image search: [Google]
img_2561.jpg
11KB, 341x327px
>>89951050
This is getting better and better by the minute.
>>
File: 1355610622365.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1355610622365.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>89950908
I guess we need to get a version of this, but with Johns now.
>>
>>89950908
>>89951557
Spencer pls
>>
>>89951557
No because in Johns case it's true.
>>
>>89945697
You know the rules. Timestamp or fuck off
>>
>>89951613
Anon, are you retarded?
>>
>>89951613
KEK
>>
>>89951638
No, but my dad works at Nintendo :^)
>>
Has this triggered Nick Spencer yet?
>>
>>89950908
is this a copypasta ?
>>
>>89950083
I'm still mad because fucking feminazis didn't let Orson Scott write Superman.
>>
>>89952525
Yes.

>>89952528
>Superman beating on LGBT people
No thanks.
>>
>>89952525
Are you retarded?
>>
>>89951670
>>89951613
It's a quote you fag
>>
>>89952602
are you
>>
File: BgWqKjr.jpg (455KB, 1290x1150px) Image search: [Google]
BgWqKjr.jpg
455KB, 1290x1150px
>>89947733
>>
>>89952623
I'm not the one that thinks a post that directly talks about a comic that has just been announced is a pasta. I guess you saw too many words in one post and your brain overloaded.
>>
>>89952547
Name me one place, just one, where Card has ever advocated violence towards gay people. (If you post the "Hypocrites of Homosexuality" article from the early 1990s, I will direct you to the appended paragraph at the top of it, idiot.)
>>
Robin and Batgirl Year One were both very cute stories that I find a amusing a conservative Trump supporter wrote
>>
File: Superman Archive 02 105.jpg (60KB, 448x603px) Image search: [Google]
Superman Archive 02 105.jpg
60KB, 448x603px
>>89952669
What a fag. Did he also cry when he saw this?

>>89952706
>advocated violence towards gay people
I heard Empire is full of examples of that.
>>
>>89952692
>too many words
yes, too many words that say absolutely nothing and all i heard was "it sucks because this guy is old" even though Dixon last Bane mini was actually pretty damn good
>>
>>89952732
You heard.

So you didn't read?

Empire mostly advocates not being violent except for extreme right wingers trying to assassinate the president (secret emperor). Or against extreme left wingers who try to stage a coup.

(Also: depiction is not the same as advocacy. Greg Rucka shows lots of violence towards gay people.)
>>
>>89945519

Well, he did write a comic version of Clinton Cash.
>>
>>89952839
>trying to sell me a neo-Nazi pamphlet
Orson pls. Don't you have some naked underage Ender to write about?
>>
>>89952746
>say absolutely nothing
That's rich coming from you

DC has recently gone nuts on giving characters to really old writers that don't really have it in them anymore instead of scouting for new talent. That Legends of Tomorrow anthology, Wein Swamp Thing, Bates/Weisman Captain Atom, Dixon on Bane...
As for Dixon he always was a mediocre writer and nothing more. The fact that he overused Bane like a moron just because he created him speaks volumes of his ego. Vengeance of bane was a terrific origin issue, but Knigthfall got worse with each issue. DC has so many great characters that haven't had a series in so long but DC decides to give Bane of all people a mini, and not just a 6 issue one but 12 damn issue of mediocrity. As if Bane hasn't had enough attention given to him the last few years.
>>
>>89952897
>people who never heard of Dixon until they saw this will not want to read his comics
Oh Chuck, you fool.

>>89952943
>scouting for new talent
Like the ones at Marvel? lol
>>
>>89952969
You're definitely retarded.
>>
>>89952603
That's why we have
>>these
>>
>>89953101
Says the copypaster.
>>
>>89953164
Beyond retarded.
>>
File: 0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg (56KB, 660x825px) Image search: [Google]
0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg
56KB, 660x825px
>>89953294
>anyone who doesn't agree with me is retarded
>>
File: 0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg (67KB, 660x823px) Image search: [Google]
0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg
67KB, 660x823px
>>89953395
>anything that doesn't agree with me is a copypasta
>>
>>89953654
Post more so you can prove me right.
>>
>>89953785
When you can come up with an argument.
>>
>>89953887
First give me those copypastas that you try to pass as arguments.
>>
>>89953917
well meme'd friend.
>>
>>89945758
Not really, he was comparable to grant, Dixon is a Robin guy. His batman is known as batjerk a his dick is whinewing
>>
>>89947872
I could've sworn he chewed out the Republicans recently for not having any spine and standing up to Trump. Or maybe I mixed him up with another conservative.
>>
>>89947233
He is a fanboy, that lacks the brain and the talent to back up his position of power. He has no problem destroying others people work but gets mad if others do stuff he doesn't want, he never takes responsibility for his mistakes.

And let's not even talk about his role in making the dceu shit
>>
>>89954429
>is a fanboy
>becomes a legendary DC writer
>anon is a fanboy
>hasn't become a legendary DC writer
What's your excuse, young man?
>>
Dixon is a hack and this book is going to be shit but /pol/sters on /co/ are going to pretend to like it.
>>
>>89954490
I wasn't alive at the right time to bother Donner until he would assume me
>>
>>89947872
And?

Trump is to the left of Hillary. Hillary was as far right as Milton Friedman. You dumb kids need to stop believing conservative means right and progressive means left. Hillary was the farthest right leaning candidate since Reagan, fags, womyn and nigger shit doesn't defy left or righ
>>
File: robin_#025_05.jpg (309KB, 982x1516px) Image search: [Google]
robin_#025_05.jpg
309KB, 982x1516px
>>89948748
>But he also had an anti-gun arc on Robin, even though he's an NRA member.
I remember that arc - in context tho, there was still a conservative bent to the story.

Tim's friend started bringing a gun to school only because he wanted to "defend himself" from stereotypical street hoodlum negros who'd transferred into their idyllic suburban white high school, and at no point does Tim call him out on being a racist reactionary - he's just worried that if his friend flashes his piece, then HE'LL get shot, and of course that's exactly what happened because of COURSE the black kid had a gun too.

AND Tim's solution to the problem isn't to tell a teacher, the cops or even Batman - no, he, as any good conservative red-blooded All-American boy would, asks his father for advice, who decides "Well since his dad gave him the gun it's alright, I'll discuss it man to man with him."

And then that dad is, again, presented sympathetically as not someone disturbed enough by the sight of brown people to arm his hormonal idiot kid with lethal force, but as just another poor, confused, shell-shocked white man trying his darnedest to protect his poor white family from the vague, non-specific problems plaguing society (i.e. more darkies in the schools). Ultimately, he at least makes the sensible decision of taking back the gun, but it's hard to go take-backsies when your stupid kid has already gotten his /k/-boner on, so he brought ANOTHER gun to school and got shot...

...and then the very next issue has Robin on a righteous quest for revengeance on his killer, and the story is framed as him avenging a tragic death, not "Boy, it sure sucks that one idiot hated blacks so much he decided to pull a fucking gun on one for looking at him wrong"
>>
>>89954782
Nice blogpost, bro.
>>
>>89949275
She literally destroyed Syria, 10 million dead or living as refugees thanks to Clinton openly being hostile with Russia and saying it's the best thing for Israel, and yet trump was called a monster when Clinton is the reason thousands of kids are dead.
>>
>>89954490
He isn't a legendary writer, he was a competent guy that had a great jsa run and a good gl run that went to shit.

The idea Johns compares to waid or Millar is retarded. Thinking he compares to actual Legends like O'Neil?
That's insanity
>>
>>89954946
anon you talk with kids that only read Johns stuff and watch Flash on tv, they don't know anything about other writers and comics
>>
>>89954946
Waid and Millar are the same they just experienced even harder falls.
>>
File: 618.jpg (28KB, 283x496px) Image search: [Google]
618.jpg
28KB, 283x496px
>>89955023
>>89954946
>>89955034
Whereas you Johns haters have read all his books, right?
>>
>>89955023
>no caps
>no punctuation
There you are.
>>
>>89955060
Sadly yes, kinda glad he isn't writing for the moment. His JL was painful and ended on a terrible note.

The last good thing he wrote was Batman Earth One and that's mostly for the novelty factor
>>
>>89955060
I've read a ton of Johns and I don't hate him, but legendary he is not. Calling him, Waid or Millar legendary writers is comedy gold.
>>
>>89955060
>doesn't compare to O'neil
>doesn't compare to Waid and Millar
>Johns haters

They're just pointing out that Johns hasn't done anything as defining as Kingdom Come, or the Authority and he definitely hasn't done anything as seminal as O'Neil's Batman run, his Question run, or Green Arrow/Green Lantern.
>>
>>89955143
REEEE IF YOU DON'T WORSHIP THE CEREAL KING YOU ARE A HATER!!! REEEEEE
>>
>>89955106
>>89955143
>backpedaling

>>89955098
>>89955194
>admitting his brand loyalty
>>
>>89954797
Yes, God forbid anyone contribute anything of substance to the discussion. In the future I'll limit myself to 140 characters and make sure that half of those are calling everyone "tumblreddit cucked faggots"
>>
>>89955143
Kingdome Come is a piece of shit, llis Authority is incredibly overrated and Millar's is worse. Don't put O'Neil in the same category as these clowns.
>>
>>89955215
What loyalty? To good writing? Yeah, I am guilty. I am sorry if that upsets you. Maybe try to come up with a real argument next time.
>>
>>89955246
is this copypasta?
>>
>>89955034
Yes, and they are not legendary writers. And Johns isn't in the same. Level as them.
>>
>>89955287
is your mom a whore?
>>
>>89955259
I didn't, I implied that there's writers that had done more for the Medium that can't be considered legendary. So Johns is still far from that I namedrop O'Neil as someone that actually deserves the legendary writer title.
>>
>>89955264
If you like good writing, why the hatereading? is it because your favorite publisher cannot compete with DC anymore?

>>89955287
Of the worst kind.
>>
>>89955293
Nah, they're all three in the same boat.
>>
>>89955427
What hatereading? I only read DC stuff, what the fuck. DC has more than Johns to offer.
>>
>>89955427
Not him and I don't care about your little lovers quarrel but
> is it because your favorite publisher cannot compete with DC anymore?
Well, my favorite publisher is DC and the garbage they're doing right now cannot compete with what historically DC has done for the past 30 years.
>>
File: Batman (1940-2011) 511-014.jpg (449KB, 1988x727px) Image search: [Google]
Batman (1940-2011) 511-014.jpg
449KB, 1988x727px
>>89955464
>>89955479
>he only reads DC
>>
File: retarded.jpg (12KB, 396x64px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
12KB, 396x64px
>>89955479
>liking pre-New52 DC
>ever
>>
>>89955532
>fishing pole.bmp
>>
>>89945550
>he must have hated writing Batman then

I don't know, a rich man beating up the poor using gear he bought with money embezzled from his dad's company kinda sounds like the conservative dream.
>>
>>89955488
I never said that, just that DC's my favorite publisher and they're currently crap.
>>
>>89955891
>I never said that
Sure you didn't, anon. Sure you didn't.
>>
>>89946779
Didio would have been one of those DC executives talking down to him, you realize.
>>
>>89955143
I take it that the fact he single handedly saved Green Lantern from irrelevancy and his work on JSA are nothing to you ?
>>
>>89947282
Yes, in as much as he uses English words written in the standard alphabet.

Despite Tieri repeatedly getting control of characters I like, there's not a single work of his I would actually recommend.
>>
>>89955428
Johns hasntdone and will never do a red sun or a kingdom come. He will never impact as much as authority. Millar has been shit for almost 15 years, but Johns in his prime was far from Waid or Millar in theirs.
>>
>>89956405
Kingdom Come is horrible and Millar didn't create The Authority.
Thread posts: 368
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.