[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first and second seasons aren't included in golden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: e93.jpg (24KB, 680x419px) Image search: [Google]
e93.jpg
24KB, 680x419px
>first and second seasons aren't included in golden age Simpsons
>>
Life In Hell is the real golden age Simpsons.
>>
>>89941063
It begins getting good mid-third season, then really takes off from season 4. Post season 10 is where it begins to become unwatchable
>>
Season 1 is rougher than the back of a tumor-ridden toad.
And Season 2 tries too hard to be poignant. It doesn't entirely fail, but it kind of wastes the novelty of the series to try and make some emotional messages that really aren't that original.
They aren't bad, but they don't have the nonstop flow that most of seasons 3-8 had.
>>
>>89941063
You fucking retard, I bet you weren't even alive during the golden age
>>
The writers openly admit that season1 is sort of a bkack sheep and that they didn't get themselves figured out till halfway through season 2.
>>
Tracey Ullman era & Seasno 1 - classic
Season 2 & 3 - transitional
The rest - neo
>>
>he includes anything before season 16 in golden age simpsons
>he excludes anything after season 16 in golden age simpsons
>>
>>89941193
The roughness is part of the charm imo
And the first 2 seasons were when The Simpson's best worked as a parody of garbage prime-time sitcoms, with episodes like The Telltale Head, and There's No Disgrace Like Homeand the fantastic satire of TV culture that was Krusty gets Busted.
The later seasons may be slicker and funnier, but Season 1 has a lot of merit by itself in how it achieves what it set out to do- to bring an alternative sensibility to a genre in which fucking Alf was considered edgy
>>
>>89941222
>implying you were watching Simpsons season 1 premiere on TV, not a rerun
Being born in 91 doesn't make you a veteran, fuckboy.
>>
>>89941063
First season is a bit rough but still worth watching. Second season is kino.
>>
>>89941063
First two seasons is them trying to figure out what they want with the simpsons and do a lot of experimentation with character. By season 3 they have a good idea about character and the golden age began.
>>
wow
>>
Season 1 sucked, season 2 it's still learning to walk.

I loved season 1 when it was new and shocking like every other kid. But yeah it just doesn't hold up compared to what it became.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.