[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the worst Mr. Burns did here was just over fishing right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

So the worst Mr. Burns did here was just over fishing right? He provided needed products at a reasonable price, out of a recycling center made 100% out of recycled materials. Even the fishnets were recycled.
>>
They weren't needed products, and fish don't count as recycled.
>>
>>89931456
Pigs need food, engines need coolant, dynamiters need dynamite.
>>
What he did wasn't really any worse than regular trawling. I mean, you can judge Mr. Burns all you want, but you better not eat any tuna while judging him or you're a hypocrite.
>>
>>89931420
His crime was taking something Lisa thought was awful (fish caught in a soda wrapper) and expanded it to be a hundred thousand times worse.

It's more of Mr. Burns violating the spirit of the morality instead of the letter of the morality.

That said, I like that episode because it reveals how much of a retard Lisa can be back when she could still have character flaws. The one where she turned down a free college scholarship is another good one.

Basically fuck Lisa I like episodes where she ruins her own future instead of this ongoing myth that her family is ruining it for her. She's dumber than Homer at times.
>>
>>89932421
Mmmm industrialized overfishing is a pretty bad business anon. You gotta fish within reason or the population will dwindle and future spawnings will be less or more prone to genetic bottle-necking.
>>
>>89932421
gillnets anon not trawling
>>
Vassar's a decent school. There I said it.
>>
>>89931420
Overfishing can catastrophically alter enormous ecosystems to the point of no return, ruining things for future generations in exchange for an easy buck. It's kind of a big deal.
>>
We CAN all agree that Lisa was retarded to let him keep that money, right?
>>
>>89933968
They really could have used that $12,000.
>>
>>89935211

Ummm... Dad... ten percent of $120 million isn't $12,000. It's...
>>
>>89931456
They were useful products
Plus you never know, maybe locally producing that thing could save African kids from being enslaved since it had like 12 different industry focused uses
It couldn't have stopped deforestation for all we know
>>
The point was that Mr. Burns hadn't reformed and working with him would only lead to more and more shameless and depraved pursuits for money.

I don't like Lisa but she was absolutely right in this case, she's smart and can make ten times that amount of money without selling her conscience.
>>
>>89932528
Actually there are alternative solutions to this
One is farming the fish but fish grown in those farms tastes bad and you would end up giving fish the chicken treatment Wich animal fuckers hate
Better solution is only fishing in microcosms and investing the time and money to repopulate areas where you already fished
But the ones overfishing are Asians and they don't give a shit
>>
>>89937462
>One is farming the fish but fish grown in those farms tastes bad

Not only do they taste bad, they litterly live in filthy overcrowded waters full of parasites and fish shit. They have to pump them full of anti-biotics so they don't die.
That said, wild fish has a lot of worms and parasites in it. Most are harmless. I knew a guy that worked in a fish processing plant. He said one of the jobs was to stand on the conveyor with a UV lamp and pick the worms out of cod as it rolled by.

He says since seeing that, he never orders cod. He always pays the extra two bucks to upgrade to halibut.
>>
File: John Freeman - No.png (286KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
John Freeman - No.png
286KB, 640x358px
>>89932421
>not getting your tuna exclusively from pole and line fisheries
>>
>>89937462
Fish farms aren't really free of environmental hazards either, and may present greater risks to wildlife in the long run. But it's probably a moot point, since Asia is on track to destroy the ocean even without any extra help.

>>89937572
I doubt that halibut is any less prone to parasites, but if it makes him feel better, why not.
>>
This episode is only more relevant as time goes on
>>
>>89937572
>>89938412
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=038EKn5HAKE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hAVV-wR5GIg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONli5BpidQc
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJCxLu6Vac
>>
>>89931420
Burns went way overboard. I could understand Lisa wanting out but it was stupid to reject the money, all that meant was that Burns would buy another ivory backscratcher. She could have at least donated it to charity or something.

While I don't hate the episode, I don't like how it pushes the "senile old man" characterization of Burns to an extreme. That's already Grandpa's schtick. Burns is scheming and cunning and ruthless, yes he's old and frail but he doesn't have fucking dementia.
>>
>>89938874
If she had accepted the money, Burns wins. Money really is the most important thing and how you make it is irrelevant.
>>
>>89939004
He won, past tense.
Simply by offering the money he emotionally absolved himself of all connection to her.

All she could do is what benefited her the most. In the end she chose peace of mind.
>>
>>89931420
There were also Whales and probably other sea mammals as well.
>>
>>89931420
Lisa is the kind of idiot activist who would get mad if you use the bycatch rather than dump it back in the ocean to die.

Yeah, over fishing is the only thing he did wrong, which underscores the point that Lisa should really table the rest of her activism and focus on population control.
>>
>>89932550
Deep water trawling with drag nets is a destructive practice that does exist.
>>
>>89937462
Fucking asians
>>
>>89937310
God I would have murdered her right there.
>>
File: homer145.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
homer145.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>Lisa, in her infinite selfishness and arrogance, declined her cut of the money, and would rather it be used by an evil man to do evil things with.
>>
>>89938522
back in 2010 fish farms were suppossed to be the solution to world hunger according to media
funny how it all went quiet, climate changers will be taken for a ride
>>
> japs dont give a shit about sjw
> "kek based chinks"
> japs dpnt give a shit about over fishing
> "fucking asians, muh animals, muh environment"

I don't even know why I'm still surprised about these things
>>
>>89945801
You're surprised because you think 4chan is all one person.
>>
>grasping at straw to defend mass fishing every sea lifeform

I didn't know Burns was a Jap in disguise. That would explain why he would want to fish fucking whales en mass
>>
>>89933968
It's a too big sum for her to handle.
>>
>>89945960
>what is mob mentality
>>
>>89945801

who are you quoting?
>>
>>89945801
It's not Japs you absolute moron
Asia has more people than your mother has lovers
>>
>>89932421
>not living the glorious vegan lifestyle
>>
>>89946027
Punching Nazis?
>>
>>89946067
Child killing malnutrition?
>>
>>89937572

I picked up a packaged fish filet in my local supermarket, and there was a fucking worm squirming thru it.
>>
>>89937462
Better alternative: cannibalism.
>>
>>89932482
>She's dumber than Homer at times.

She's eight.
>>
>>89937572
>Not only do they taste bad, they litterly live in filthy overcrowded waters full of parasites and fish shit. They have to pump them full of anti-biotics so they don't die.
Sounds like Chile, the fish industry almost crashed due to overdose on antibiotic and now its happening again
>>
>>89945801
How is that a bad thing?. Taking care of the fucking planet we live in is waaay more important than diversity bullshit and some made up gender's rights
>>
>>89937310
>this was the true end of the series
>everything after was a fever dream as Homer died an agonizing death
>>
>>89945801
What do anime tiddies have to do with the environment?
>>
>>89931420
You know, it's funny, but that's actually a really good point. I never thought about it, but Mr. Burns would've fished and made slurry anyways, at least this way he's using recycled materials to do it and help the environment in other ways.
>>
>>89937572
And yet. Those fucking fishes have less mercury than organic raised fish.
>>
>>89945801
The Japanese have no morals and their way of life is based on explotation of everything and everyone. To them, individuality is not real.

Therefore, the nation is all that matters. Therefore, the rest of the planet can burn in hell as long as the yamato can rise.

NIHONGO BANZAI!
>>
>>89947776
Look out faggots, we got a scholar.
>>
>>89947793
Yes, I am an scholar of faggots.
>>
>>89947440
>taking care of the planet is important

No it's fucking not. By the time there's a major problem you and me are going to be long dead, and I'm not autistic so I don't project myself into "but muh children's children's future"
>>
>>89937462
Only white people care about the environment
>>
>>89945801
>comparing the noberu samurai to chanks and asianiggers
>implying they are all the same
Can you be more ignorant and racist?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.