[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://wereinbetween.freeforums.net / https://www.youtube.c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

http://wereinbetween.freeforums.net/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i5GGTzQ_vQ

What's /co/'s honest opinion on this underrated Nicktoon?
>>
>>89925260
It's shit
>>
>>89925260
Their mouths being so low their faces always brother me as kid. Just fix the mouths and the art style would look good.
>>
Courteney was a better friend than Ginger's actual friends
>>
It was amazing
>>
>>89925260
It was shit
>>
>>89925396
true.

also, miranda was mad gay for courtney.
>>
>>89925260
Why was Ginger's blonde friend such a cunt?
>>
File: sealgirl.gif (317KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
sealgirl.gif
317KB, 500x213px
This is the only thing I remember from the show. Not gonna lie, I think we're all just little seal girls.
>>
Was gonna call it overrated but it seems that everyone actually remembers this one was shit. It's perfectly rated.
>>
>>89925683
Courtney was mad gay for Ginger.
>>
File: 1434613721879.png (167KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
1434613721879.png
167KB, 306x273px
>People bitching about the style

Every time

It was basically Hey Arnold for girls, including weird, but unique , design for mostly characters

It also touched lots of adult themes, without being flashy about it. Including divorce, betrayal, death, power struggle, social anxiety, depression on many others

>When a studio draw different it's SHIT
>When a studio draw the same blame on CalArts
>>
>>89925700
Dodie was a bitch because she didn't want to be left behind. So she did all she could to drag
>>
File: 1446080013086.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1446080013086.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>89925683
>>89925865

That's how it goes

Ginger wanted Courtney approval. Courtney liked it way too much with some serious gay vibes. Miranda, Courtney best friend, hated it with serious gay vibes, to the point of stealing Ginger boyfriend just to have...Courtney

It really gives a glimpse of how dangerous and weird a female mind work
>>
Good show. Horrible art.
>>
File: 1482883137097s.jpg (2KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1482883137097s.jpg
2KB, 125x112px
>>89925260
>Tried rewatching this show.
>Couldn't get over the hideous character designs and art direction.
>>
>>89925947
Shame it never really came out about it. I'd liked to have seen where it would have gone. Though word is Courtney hooked up with another Redhead post show.
>>
>>89925260
Never liked Darren. He went from passive aggressive creep Beta to Jock creep.
>>
File: 1484566243985.png (137KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484566243985.png
137KB, 640x480px
>>89926032
My guess is they were trying just to show how fucked up a teenage girl life is

Ask any girl you've met

The gay vibes X power struggles were a real deal, even if by now they are completely straight
>>
>>89925260
The art and art direction for the show was absolutely atrocious, but it was one of the best shows on Nickelodeon for its consistency, continuity, and how it tackled real-life issues facing teens which almost never get mentioned, like poverty and the death of loved ones.
>>89925895
There's no getting around the fact that the art was really, really bad. Quirky, sure, but it turned a lot of people off from the show from the get-go.
I wouldn't say it was very similar to Hey Arnold - it had more consistency and a much more serious tone by comparison.
>>
>>89926109

Oh yea both Courtney and Ginger were dealing with people who gained popularity by being associated with them and would actively sabotage them in order to maintain that popularity. Shit was pretty Thrones for that measure. And in a way Ginger lost since she could never ditch her parasites.

I've a morbid sense and suspect that Dodie and Macie encouraged Darren to knock Ginger up as quickly as possible in order to tie her to never being able to leave town.
>>
File: Klasky_Csupo_Robot.png (116KB, 332x263px) Image search: [Google]
Klasky_Csupo_Robot.png
116KB, 332x263px
>>89926247
Doodie hang out with Ginger because she would rather be the cool girl in the B roll than the retarded in the VIP. Macie hang with both because she was pitiful person, full of insecurity and self loath, so in the "losers" team, no one could judge her
Things start to get complicated once Ginger befriends Courtney. Doodie is not the coolest around and Macie now only feels worse about herself

Not so different for Courtney where she is obligated o live a life of appearances and status, full of vultures waiting only to caught her off guard

Also I'm pretty sure Doodie helped Darren to cheat on Ginger in one episode
>>
I liked it because I fapped to the thought of Ginger and Courtney so much
>>
>>89926583

Dodie didn't help Darren cheat, she helped fabricate evidence he was cheating.

Then later on in the show, Darren cheated on her anyway and Dodie was the one telling him that he needs to fess up and tell her.
>>
>>89926675
>Dodie was the one telling him that he needs to fess up and tell her.

But only because the one he was cheating with was head of the cheerleading squad, and Dodie didn't want to tell Simone herself that Darren was dating Ginger, because it would make Simone not like her.
>>
>>89926675
>Dodie didn't help Darren cheat, she helped fabricate evidence he was cheating.

Somehow that sounds even worse
>>
>>89926798

Of course it is. But somehow by the end of the series I hated Darren more than anyone else.

>Ginger and Darren's friends actively try to break them up
>Darren: "Maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt and try to see things through their eyes."
>Ginger: "Would you do something like this to your friends?"
>Darren: "No. I wouldn't"
>proceeds to bang hot cheerleader behind her back because Ginger got detention and was embarrassed she couldn't go to his football game because she knows how much it means to him
>>
>>89926675
She helped fabricate evidence that Ginger was cheating with some kid from the fancy art school she went to.

God I fucking hate Dodie
>>
>>89926898
To be honest, Dodie infuriated me to the point that I wouldn't watch episodes centered on her. I just wanted to give Macie a hug.
Dodie looked like a fucking frog.
>>
>>89925895
It's just typical ugly-for-the-sake-of-ugly Klasky-Csupo though, on a channel that already had several cartoons in more or less that same style.

As a kid I didn't even realize it was attempting to be sort of realistic and serious because the style made me not want to give it a chance. Looked like fuckin Rugrats
>>
File: green and purple.png (144KB, 283x276px) Image search: [Google]
green and purple.png
144KB, 283x276px
>tfw you sometimes feel like you're the only person on /co/ that thinks Klasky-Csupo's art is okay
>>
>>89926897
Hormones are a bitch

I'm not gonna pretend I did not made equally dumb things when I was 15/16
>>
>>89926032
>Though word is Courtney hooked up with another redhead post show

Really?
>>
File: 1406427177045.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1406427177045.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
>>89927006
Like someone pointed out /co/ complains about different art styles, normal art styles and trend art styles

There's no way out. It is always shit

Compare to /v/ console wars. Every system, in the end, sucks, and there's no such thing as good games

You should know better
>>
>>89927099
Yea one of the many comments they've made on things since Courtney plot lines were removed from the later season. Also she lived in Gingers old house for a bit.
>>
>>89926247
Oh god, that does sound like the kind of thing that would be the next step up for them to do in their incredible cuntiness once they were old enough. Though, I can imagine the episode would play out with Ginger considering getting an abortion, and that would cause a wacky scandal for the 20 minutes runtime as every single character finds out about it and feels like bullying her with their two cents on the issue, then it would end with it turning out her pregnancy test had a false positive and everything goes back to status quo except Ginger pays closer attention to her birth control.
>>
>>89927226
Courtney being the only person in her corner that supports her regardless the outcome as per usual.
>>
>>89925260
I liked the brother and his friend arcs and the episodes related to that retarded kid with the monkey.
>>
>>89926926
Remember when Dodie threw a shitfit ecause Ginger wouldn't cancel DARREN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY, which other people had already been invited to, since Dodie wasn't allowed to go? Then Darren called her ass out on her selfish behavior, and rather than the episode ending with Dodie learning to set aside her own feelings for the sake of Ginger and Darren, Ginger decided to sneak to Dodie's to get her to the party anyway? fucking hell
>>
>>89927484
The lesson there is some people are loyal to their friends no matter what, but I never understood that.
I've stopped being friends with people over lesser shit.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.