[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who thought this was a good idea? Will he have a rap battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11

Who thought this was a good idea?

Will he have a rap battle with the villain in GOTG 2?
>>
No, but it will be how he helps defeat Thanos in Infinity War, distracting him long enough to allow ??? to do ???
>>
>>89897786
- Where is the mike? Give me extra mike!
>>
>>89897824
YOU SLUMBER, A CUCUMBER.
>>
File: Incubus.png (294KB, 636x397px) Image search: [Google]
Incubus.png
294KB, 636x397px
>>89897786
He'll shoot the small bomb they've brought along to throw at Thanos, either before or after Thanos reveals that his ULTIMATE POWER is teleporting around with a regular sword.
>>
I don't understand why people dislike this moment so much. It was just a distraction attempt and it was stupid because he's stupid.
>>
there's better ways to outsmart a villian
and they decided to go with a way that's not even funny
i loved everything else about this movie
>>
>>89897786
It will be something a 30% LELSORANDUMBER
>>
File: 713cef3580-1486695859832.png (469KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
713cef3580-1486695859832.png
469KB, 659x609px
>>89897786
Yeah it's so silly, the movie's a lighthearted Sci-Fi adventure! It shouldn't end with the hero using a dance-off proposal as a distraction. That'd be like ending a movie with the main character playing a Chuck Berry song, or fighting a giant marshmallow man, or having a tiny universe inside of a talking pug's collar. What were they thinking!?
>>
>>89897959
>i loved everything else about this movie
Like the Coon scratching his balls?
>>
File: 1484361388707.jpg (56KB, 502x351px) Image search: [Google]
1484361388707.jpg
56KB, 502x351px
Quill notices aliens react different to music and shit when he fails to seduce Gonorea and uses that to distract Ronan. Only weak minded people complain about that part being random humor. At least they should bitch about how he didn't notice it during his 20+ years IN SPACE.
>>
>>89897996
>comparing this crap to good 1980s fantastic comedies
Nice try, shill.
>>
>>89897786
Do actual people complain about this scene or just /tv/ autists of this site?
>>
>>89897786
He didn't actually have a dance off so why would he have a rap battle? Quill doesn't even listen to rap.

>>89897959
Really? Cause I can't think of another way to distract him in that situation.

>>89897968
It wasn't random no matter how hard you try to force it as a meme.
>>
>>89898018
>>89898042
>LE EBIN DANCE OFF X-DDD is actually very DEEP
Do actual people get paid for this?
>>
>>89897999
>Like the Coon scratching his balls?

I don't remember Cartman being in the movie. And I don't remember Rocket doing that either, but I usually watch movies once and forget about em.
>>
>>89898083
>I can't think of another way to distract him in that situation
Watch more movies, son. It's the only way of realizing how shit GotG was.

>>89898090
>I usually watch movies once and forget about em.
That's what usually happens with MCU movies.
>>
>>89898042
Just autists and people who didn't pay attention.

>>89898084
Lol, it's not even deep and you still managed to miss the point.
>>
>>89898124
Seen plenty of movies. Still enjoyed GOTG for what it was.
>>
>>89898040
>MiB
>1980s
Also it's a sci-fi comedy, so the comparison is apt. You can think it's a bad sci-fi comedy, but saying that it's incomparable to good sci-fi comedies is retarded.
>>
>>89898135
>the point.
There wasn't any. They just didn't know what to do and they went full retard.

>>89898172
>deliberately ignores the other two so as not to admit he's wrong
>keeps saying GotG is a masterwork
For free or for a fee?
>>
>>89898363
>There wasn't any. They just didn't know what to do and they went full retard

Lol, you keep telling yourself that bud. It's not like music and dancing were recurring themes in the movie or anything.
>>
>>89897786

It was funny. Sorry you have a stick up your ass.
>>
>>89897786
The guy who made BANK on box office. I wanna know who thought MARTHAAAA was a good idea
>>
>>89898663

The guy who made Martha mad more bank :^D

Feels good
>>
File: 47.jpg (8KB, 188x217px) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
8KB, 188x217px
>>89898599
>it was retarded on purpose!
>>89898663
>company wars
OK, now you ARE butthurt.
>>
>>89898769
>it was retarded on purpose!

I hope you realize that in moving the goalposts you have conceded the original argument.
>>
>>89898907
>you have conceded the original argument.
That GotG was LELSORANDUMB and tried to make it pass as something vewy vewy intewwectual? Sure.
>>
>>89898953
Uh-huh, sure, you still admitted that it wasn't pointless. I don't really care if you think it was retarded or not. You're just making an ass of yourself by attacking strawmen.
>>
>>89898769
>Distracting the bad guy to get the upper hand is retarded
Ok then
>>
I wonder what proportion of these memesters haven't actually seen the movie, but saw the blooper reel clip of them dancing and thought that was the real scene.
>>
>>89897996

Difference is those, in order, are logical to the plot.

Marty needed to keep the music playing so his dad to hit it off with his mom and the musician that should have been playing was injured.

The giant Marshmallow man is the direct result of one of them panicking and trying to think of something non threatening.

The galaxy was on a cat that the ambassador had on him at all times, he was deliberately using it as camouflage.

All of these are logical when held against the world the movie presented, don't contrast against the tone of the scene in which they happen, and aren't retarded.

Ronan stopping his speech because someone is having a seizure is more of a slap to the audience then anything else. It's closer to "she looks like Julia Roberts" or Brad Pitt drinking Pepsi during the apocalypse.
>>
>>89899286
It's not a slap to the face at all. It's exactly the kind of thing the movie prepared you for.

>Quill loves his mom's music
>Quill loves dancing (his mom is implied to have taught him)
>Quill is prone to improvising
>Aliens are repeatedly baffled by these traits
>Ronan is established multiple times to be nigh-unstoppable with or without the stone
>Ronan is a posturing glory hog
>in Quill's hour of defeat his mom's music is playing (the soundtrack of the movie) and provides the impetus for one last desperate bad plan
>at the height of Ronan's speech, his finest moment, he's confronted by someone he's never met (this is their first and only interaction) doing something that he doesn't know how to respond to
>human ingenuity buys just enough time for the big guns to save the day
>Quill completes his arc by selflessly grabbing the stone, sees his mother, and resolves his emotional turmoil

How is this a slap to the face? Seriously, what did you expect?
>>
>>89899518

That egotistical megalomaniac isn't going to give two shits about someone he slapped down a moment ago, literally a second before he destroys a planet.

A posturing glory hog isn't going to stop because someone has seizure.
>>
>>89899606
You're kidding right? Anyone would stop to give a "WTF?" look. He has been leading up to this for a long time. You think a king, right before he seizes the throne, isn't going to stop and address the clown moon walking through his moment of grace and glory?
>>
>>89899606
>egotistical megalomaniac

Exactly. Quill completely ruined his big moment, his entire life's purpose, by acting like a total idiot. Of course he's going to pause because he never expected this form of resistance. Like or dislike it but it was in every way consistent with the internal logic of the movie, just like the other movies you mentioned.
>>
>>89899696

Fuck no. Seriously, a long line of history shows that in your moment of glory most people go full on "I win, who gives a fuck". If Quill literally ran over and pushed him I would have an easier time swallowing it.

A literal second before he destroys everything he finally acknowledges the person, because he begins to dance. As it stands Ronan begins his speech, Quill is laying in front of him, stands up, walks over, and Ronan is fine with this. The literal moment where he bringing down the hammer and Quill begins dancing and it is only at that moment that Ronan stops because that is where he draws the line.
>>
File: 1485986957423.png (255KB, 566x533px) Image search: [Google]
1485986957423.png
255KB, 566x533px
>>89899913
Except egotistical megalomaniacs who are on the hunt for glory. It has to be perfect and his ego would not let the lime light be shared by Quill. He wants everyone to die thinking of how amazing and powerful he is, not "Why was that guy dancing?"

Jesus, it's like explaining it to a toddler at this point.
>>
>>89899913
There's no walk over. Quill stands up and begins dancing while Ronan is concentrating on carefully reciting his native language. He doesn't notice until right as he's about to bring the hammer down, yes, but if Quill had tried during the lead-up speech I'm sure Ronan would have blasted him. It's the fact that it interrupts that one singular special moment that makes him pause
>>
>>89897786
I want /tv/ to fuck off.
>>
>be OP
>make a joke thread about an outtake that didn't actually happen in the movie
>people still argue about the real scene
>>
>>89900223
That won't happen as long as people keep replying to their blatant trolls and humorless choads.
>>
>>89897786
You know, the moment still wouldn't have been funny, but they could have foreshadowed that Ronan was an easily distracted idiot earlier in the film. It's not like the guy was threatening or interesting, they could have had one brief comedy scene where something dumb stops him from doing his job because he demands respect and fear at all times.
>>
>>89899606
>egotistical megalomaniac
>not caring when someone starts shitting on his ultimate moment of glory
>>
>>89897786
Yeah,why didn't he snap his neck?
>>
>>89901161

This, it would have been forgiven had they portrayed Ronan as ''I have to ALWAYS give a perfect speech before conquering a planet! ALWAYS and it has to be perfectly written for the ocassion too! No matter what happens that speech has to PERFECT!''

Then, maybe part of the speech is having his goons parade with flags or some shit, then one of the goons has like a slightly different flag or costume and gets killed because of it.

But then that would be spending time with your bad guy, developing him, giving him personality and test audiences don't like that, they want more dick jokes, le wacky Racoon, cute toys/baby groot, etc
>>
>>89897916
the first half of the movie was good the second half was garbage
>>
>>89902702
>I need everything spelled out to me
>I can't read between the lines
>>
>>89899518
I understand why people thought it was dumb but this anon is right, it was set up pretty well throughout the movie.

Mostly I just love the moment because of how well Lee Pace sells Ronan's reaction.
>>
>>89897786
He was distracting him, you big turd blossom.
>>
>>89902702
The guy's very first moment onscreen was bathing in blood. He's described as a religious zealot. He's incredibly respectful of the importance of rituals to a genocidal degree and hamming it up for his own vainglory.

Someone interrupting his coup de grace is clearly going to give some pause. As this guy says >>89903900
the actor's reaction sells it all. Was Ronan a nuanced character? Fuck no. But I understood everything about him quickly. Would I have preferred some subtlety and nuance? Perhaps. But what we got was plenty serviceable.
>>
>>
>>89903711

But you are literally creating lines for him. The only characterization he has is "Revenge" "I don't give a shit about others" and "He asked Thanos to destroy a planet, Thanos asked him to retrieve something that could destroy a planet".

>>89903900
What is set up is why Quill would use music and dance, what is lacking is why Ronan would give a fuck. Any villain I could name that could be distracted by tomfoolery is set up to be the someone who could be distracted by tomfoolery. It's not even set up as a callback either. Like if Quill distracted a guard earlier with dancing I could probably forgive it, but it's out of left field, there are no narrative reasons it should work, and there are no logical reasons it should work.
>>
>>89904144
>He's described as a religious zealot.

See, that's the fucking problem with Marvel movies, they always have a throw away line that is meant to fill the gaps as to why things happen.

So Ronan doesn't show to be autistic about religion to the point that freaking dancing would distract him and we have to assume a looot just with a throw away line.

Is like Black Widow with the Budhapest thing and people clinging to that as character development.

They hired a great actor to play Ronan, let the guy act! show is some shit! we didn't need the scene with the most secure jail ever but not really to be that long anyway that could have been use for developing Ronan.

But again, Marvel Kids
>>
>>89897916
we are not 7 year olds
>>
>>89903932

With what? Dancing??? Are you shitting me?

So we share the concepts of jails, rewards, cantinas, money, bounty hunters, wars, police, etc while on space.

But dancing??? That, like really? Humans are the only species on the universe that dances?

Its like the stupid trope of ''advanced inteligent alien being can't outsmart a kids safety lock on the door!'' levels of dumb
>>
>>89898953
Are you literally fucking retarded?

Nobody at any point has claimed that GotG is "vewy vewy intewwectual". The claim is that the movie is "fun".

If you have become so jaded through internet use that you can't enjoy a simple "fun" movie without getting your jimmies so fucking rustled you should probably take a step back for a bit before you have a fucking stroke.
>>
>>89904590

To be fair there is nothing intuitive about door knobs, I mean that isn't something that comes up that often. "Grip and turn this and the entire panel moves on a hinge" isn't really a natural occurring phenomenon.
>>
>>89904590
Its not that he didn't understand what dancing was you autist. He didn't understand why he was trying to dance at that particular moment.

His entire persona is obsessed with posturing and in his moment of GREAT TRIUMPH the protag started acting aloof and it throws him off.
>>
>>89903711
Actually that's just proper plotting. As it is now it jars with what little we have to work with in Ronan, even with the lighthearted tone of the film.
>>
>>89897786
>he still doesn't get it
>>
>>89904436
Of course it's somewhat out of left field, it's supposed to take the audience by surprise. You don't want to set Ronan up as an idiot or use another dancing distraction beforehand because it would distract from that climactic moment.

But when you think about it, it works based on what it shown throughout the movie. Every other alien is repeatedly baffled by Quill's absurd behavior, why would the hammy, one-dimensional villain, who thinks this is HIS show of righteous justice, be any different? Especially when this is literally the first interaction he's had with Quill?
>>
>>89904878
>>89904796

I like how the defenders of this movie comes in two flavors; "Two deep for you, dancing was set up, and you need to learn context" and the "It's a fun movie, you retarded for trying to think". I would like to see them argue, but I suspect it would quickly turn into sucking each other off.
>>
>>89905349
>implying anyone has called it deep
>implying fun can't be set up
>implying fun can't be internally consistent
>implying fun and setup are mutually exclusive

you are helpless
>>
>>89905568

>implying they have to call something literally deep for them to think it's deep
>implying that calling out using "fun" as an excuse somehow means I don't think fun can be done intelligently

In the rush to suck the other side off you went full retard.
>>
>>89905773
>I didn't pay attention, ergo everyone who did must think it was deep
>>
>>89906118

>My head-canon isn't retarded, you just weren't watching it right
>>
>>89898084
Why do autists like this struggle so hard with basic human interaction and get so mad at shit that no one even said?
>>
>>89906329
nothing about it is head canon or 2deep4u though it's all right there in the movie if you fucking pay attention but apparently it didn't beat you over the head enough
>>
Man, after re-reading Annihilation I'm more pissed of at this "Ronan" than the scene itself. A good character wasted and turned into a random mook.
>>
>>89897786
you faggots are still triggered over this? jesus christ.
>>
>>89906535
Ronan was a murderous psycho long before Annihilation. My only regret is that he didn't live to terrorize Mar-Vell and Carol.
>>
>>89897786
If GOTG came out in the late 80s-90s the mandatory shitty cash-in video game would have had a dance battle.
That's just the way things were done back then.
>>
>>89897786

He had a music dance off scene in Jurassic world, and Passengers

its his favorite go to thing. Hell he's probably had a musical number in everything he's ever done except wanted.
>>
>>89906535
MCU in a nutshell unless you're Loki or Thanos. Cause MONEY. At least the plots good unlike DCEU. I say this as a fan of both.
>>
>>89905349
Again, are you literally retarded? I mean, all signs are pointing to yes so far.
>>
>>89905773
>HURR HURR I have no argument full retard ect ect
>>
>>89904539
No, we're on a board dedicated to media for seven year olds, you dumb nigger
>>
>>89897898
underrated
>>
>>89906535
Ya kno, not that Ronan was particularly well developed, and of course it was a waste that they killed him. But now that I think about it, was he even interested in galactic domination? Everybody assumed so but he never said anything about it. Like he was going to genocide a planet so there's no doubt he was fucked up but he did have a warped reasoning behind it, he wasn't evil just for the sake of it. And I know he said he was going to kill Thanos and all but did he really want to replace him? Maybe he just wanted to take him down a peg because he was so butthurt. Hell maybe he hoped destroying Xandar and returning with the power stone would get him back in with the empire.

Shame they won't explore that now.
>>
>>89897786
We're still on this shit I see. August 2014 and still going. And yet, a commonly bandied about argument as to why DCEU movies are good is "See we're still talking about them and no one talks about any Marvel movies after the fact"
>>
>>89897786

It makes perfect sense really. Ronan was and edgy autistic try-hard with no understanding ot how to interact with other except to kill them so when someone started dancing he was completely confused just long enough to get fucked by Rocket.
>>
>>89908568
>its for 7 year olds

Its for everyone, and 7 year olds dont need retarded shit like this. Fucking hell you have a stupid attitude

"it was meant to be stupid!"

then it was meant to be bad too
>>
ITT people defend this shitty popcorn flick
>>
File: IMG_6407.gif (615KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6407.gif
615KB, 500x281px
>>89898018
>Gonorea
>>
>>89897786
i dunno, it was done as a distraction, and ronan had a fairly plausible reaction to such a left field suggestion
it was probably meant to showcase unconventional thinking, sheer desperation, and humor all in one go

also OP is a faggot for thinking that wasnt awesome
>>
>>89897786
The theme of irreverence in the face of self-seriousness and dire circumstances was a running theme throughout the whole movie, so unless you're a /tv/edditor who only knows the movie through this scene, there's no reason to single it out and complain about it.
>>
>>89899606
He was confused. He was expecting Quill to be terrified, or in despair, or maybe even attempting a heroic last stand.

He absolutely was not expecting him to start dancing like an idiot, which bought some time. I'd imagine anyone would be a little stupefied when, in their moment of glory, someone starts acting like a complete buffoon.
>>
>>89904436
>The only characterization he has is "Revenge" "I don't give a shit about others" and "He asked Thanos to destroy a planet, Thanos asked him to retrieve something that could destroy a planet".
Not really. If you watch his very first scene, you'll see he has a strong adherence to tradition and ceremony, with the way his armor is put on, his ritualistic bathing in the Xandarian blood, and the application of the war paint. Even the way he fights when he faces Drax seems to show that the fight needs to be carried out in a certain way, with the circling, and the precise strikes. This is why the Dance off scene works, because he's passing sentence on a planet and about to execute it, and his customs jive with a specific way of doing things, the victims being defiant or pleading with him, but seeing someone interrupt his execution speech by dancing and singing, and then putting him on the spot saying it's a dance off? It makes a lot of sense at least on an emotional level to be confused and thrown off.
>>
>>89897786
20 years later and your still bitching about, and posting shit gifs
>>
One of the best parts of GotG was Groot. What's sizing up to be the worst part of GotG 2 is Baby Groot. He's practically a Minion at this point.
>>
>>89897786
Its a children and manchild movie

Staring a NuMale actor in the lead
>>
File: dance-off-gotg.jpg (44KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
dance-off-gotg.jpg
44KB, 620x372px
Marvel has some movies that are actually good. GOTG is not one them.
>>
>>89910944
Yet it wasn't bad. It's just autists having fits over nothing.
>>
>>89913142
DC has no movies that are good :^)
>>
>>89913142
i liked it
>>
File: 1486090293449.png (178KB, 468x320px) Image search: [Google]
1486090293449.png
178KB, 468x320px
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE HAVING FUN IS BAD
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE EVERY MOVIE HAS TO BE SERIOUS
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE I DONT HAVE FRIENDS TO ENJOY THINGS WITH
Every single Guardians thread.
>>
>>89913174
I never said they did. Still doesn't change the fact that most Marvel movies aren't good.
>>
>>89901161
>>89902702

No real need to foreshadow it.

Ronan was caught monologuing. That's it.
>>
>>89904499
That's the problem with comics and comic-related movies in general.

They don't lend a lot of time to developing the villain. You either have a direct cause/effect in the movie or you sell it through their behavior.
>>
>>89897996
>white guy goes back in time and invents rock and roll, a black guy then steals it and gets the credit
imagine if they made this today
>>
>>89906799
>All of his Parks and Rec episodes had a musical number
>>
>>89909146

They have ways of bringing him back. The cartoon even showed a method I wouldn't be surprised they'd use.
>>
>>89897786
but he didnt even have a dance battle, the whole point was it was something stupid to distract ronan from instantly killing them all for a few seconds

he could have dropped his pants and mooned at him or some shit if you would rather
>>
>>89913118
I disagree. Bringing back adult Groot would have lessened his sacrifice in the first movie.
>>
I want to see the VILLAIN challenge the hero to a dance-off in the beginning, and distract him long enough to steal something from him.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.