[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This has enough /co/ representation to be considered /co/ related,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: universal-studios-florida-3.jpg (356KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
universal-studios-florida-3.jpg
356KB, 1600x1062px
This has enough /co/ representation to be considered /co/ related, right? What's your favorite ride/attraction? What do you want to see be given a ride?
>>
I hate this fucking place

Fuck Universal and fuck shitty VR rides

The shows were pretty cool though
>>
>>89890222
Disney world > Universal studios
>>
>>89890247
They keep making shitty VR rides because retards like you only go on them. If there was more influx in their kick ass coasters, they'd make more kick ass coasters. the Spider-Man ride is awesome though
>>
File: 1473558038325.png (686KB, 607x625px) Image search: [Google]
1473558038325.png
686KB, 607x625px
>>89890271
>I'm too scared of roller coasters.
>>
>>89890222
>they removed the Bates Motel to make way for A Day in the Park with Barney
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
I seriously can't wait for when NintendoLand replaces that shit so I can see the salty tears from Barneyfags who desperately want to save their franchise.
>>
>>89890338
Oddly enough they still have the Bates set. They let you go on it if you do the tour. I hope they don't make Nintendoland solely kiddy shit since it's replacing the Woody woodpecker land.
>>
File: dkc_rollercoaster.png (146KB, 827x396px) Image search: [Google]
dkc_rollercoaster.png
146KB, 827x396px
>>89890364
The original Bates set is in Hollywood, the Barney shit is in Florida.

Nintendoland's going to be family rides, but more Pirates/Haunted Mansion then Fantasyland dark rides. Lineup is Mario Kart ride based on a Bowser's Castle track, a Yoshi dark ride, and a Donkey Kong Minecart coaster using a new coaster ride system to simulate the jumps.
>>
>>89890490
>and a Donkey Kong Minecart coaster using a new coaster ride system to simulate the jumps.

Fucking sick.
>>
File: qhnlhk.jpg (99KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
qhnlhk.jpg
99KB, 500x395px
>>89890247
>and fuck shitty VR rides
Hey...Don't you be talkin shit about the Spidey ride.
>>
>>89890587
That ride gave little me a symbiote fetish.
>>
>>89890222
The Hulk.
>>
>>89890222
I can't believe I wasted an hour on line for Transformers instead of just going on Spider-man twice.

It's the exact same shit but without charismatic characters.
>>
>>89890674
>I think this is going to work!
>10
>9
>8
>No...NO NO!
>7
>6
>*Ride blasts off*

Gets me every fucking time
>>
>>89890696
This. The Spider-Man ride is good because it actually feels like you're inside a Spider-Man comic. Jameson is yelling at you to get good footage of what's going on, while making sly remarks hinting towards the fact that he only cares about money. Spider-Man is making jokes, jumping around and being obnoxious, the villains are constantly bickering. Meanwhile the Transformers ride is basically just a bunch of cool designs doing cool stuff, which I guess is an accurate representation of the Bay films.
>>
>>89890222
I guess it has enough /co/, but if I could mention something /tv/ related for a second, I'm surprised Jurassic Park never got an animated series in the 90s, espically considering how ridiculously popular it was (and still is I guess).
>>
>>89890918
It actually was going to. The plot was literally the same for Jurassic World. People go back to the park and try to remake it. They create Dino hybrids. They break out. The adventures of the kids on the island with hybrid dinosaurs. While the show never aired, the toys for the series were on the market.
>>
>>89890222
I really liked the MiB ride, just because it's a game within a ride.

Also I made a horrible mistake in not trying the butterbeer.
>>
>>89891051
>Also I made a horrible mistake in not trying the butterbeer.

Don't it tastes like straight up corn syrup.
>>
>The Flaming Moe doesn't have alcohol
What a waste
>>
>>89891065
>implying hot butterbeer ain't the shit
Fire whiskey isn't that bad either.
>>
>>89890984
You're mixing the two pitches.

One show, meant to air in prime time and keep some of the movie's tone, was going to be about an effort to restart the park as a scientific research preserve and BioSyn actually stealing DNA and trying and failing massively to start their own dinosaur park in Brazil. The first season ends on John changing his mind about the nature preserve idea and back to the tourist attraction and the other characters feeling betrayed, the last scene being opening day of operational Jurassic Park and John saying "Welcome to Jurassic Park".

The hybrids TV show that became the Chaos Effect toys came later and would have been full on Saturday morning stuff.
>>
>>89891065
Mine tasted fine
>>
Why do they have so many attractions based on newspaper comic series nobody cares about when they own the rights to so many animated movies they could be taking advantage of??
>>
>tfw never been to a real amusment park
I don't even like going on most rides, I just want to go to a good one for the experience
>>
When I was a kid I went here and found out they were taping WMAC Masters that day. I thought I'd get to see awesome psuedo Mortal Kombat since I didn't know any better.

Instead my parents and I are the faceless shadow people who wave their arms in that "arena" thing along with every other tourist. We got soda vouchers for our time. The vouchers were good for an hour. I hated WMAC Masters after that.
>>
>>89891166
All one of them?
>>
>>89891098
the entire Simpsons section of the park is a mistake.
>>
>>89891166
Because the people that came up with the ideas of Toon Lagoon and Dr. Seuss Land overestimated the concept of timeless stories.
>>
>>89891166
Islands of Adventure was originally going to be full of WB characters.

Marvel Island was going to be Gotham City and Toon Lagoon was going to be Looney Tunes. But because Six Flags ended up with an exclusive contract for DC and Looney Tunes in theme parks, Universal had to find ways to fill the gap.

So they went with Marvel and King Features Syndicate/Jay Ward because the rights were dirt cheap and in Marvel's case, they were desperate for cash flow.
>>
>>89891174
Best to go with a group of friends. What I usually do is get a group of all my closest buddies and stay there for about three days. Spend one whole day for each park and leave on the fourth. Guess now I'm doing four days though, since they opened a third park.
>>
>>89891251
>not liking Moe's and Krusty Burger
>>
>>89891251
>Got rid of BTTF for Simpsons.

The fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>89891267
>and leave on the third****
>>
>>89891264
Really? Jesus, WB fucked up. Six Flags may be great at coasters but they are terrible with themed rides.
>>
>>89891341
For some reason Universal was allowed to keep a Gotham themes bathroom. Which is kinda appropriate considering how everythime I go to a bathroom there I feel like I'm going to get mugged.
>>
>>89890271
As someone who works in Disney and has an AP for Universal I'll give you the rundown
>Thrills
Universal
>Queue Design
Universal
>Food
Disney
>Surrounding Areas
Disney
>Characters
Disney
>Animatronics
Disney
>Hotels
Disney
>Shopping/Food District
Disney
>Treatment to their Employees
Universal (as someone who has friends who work at both)
>Shows
Universal (I will never get enough of the Horror Make Up Show)
>Halloweens
Universal
>>
>>89891450
>>Animatronics
>Disney

Someone hasn't been on the new King Kong ride yet. Also, Universal should get some sort of points for having the world's first submerged animatronics.
>>
>>89890222
I can't believe they never tried a Spongebob ride during all those years they had the rights for Nickelodeon stuff.

Though kudos on them for predicting the Despicable Me craze even after the first movie only did ok.
>>
>>89891374
>Gotham theme bathroom

Out of curiosity, would you know where that would be in the park?
>>
>>89891493
Next to the exit of the Mummy ride. Orlando, I have no idea if they have it in other locations
>>
>>89891486
They had him appear in the Jimmy Neutron ride.
>>
>>89890364

They will probably do a mix in Hollywood and Japan but not sure about Florida since the Nintendoland there is supposed to be part of a new Vidya based park. Theme park insiders have been saying it for a while that's what the land Universal bought is for along with some new resorts and they had already landed deals with Activision-Blizzard and Microsoft for attractions before landing Nintendo.

I could see the DKC attraction being the most "Intense" of them. Especially a "Jumping" coaster. But I wouldn't expect it to be the most intense part of the Vidya Park.
>>
>>89891541
>Four parks.

Never been so proud to be a Floridian. Actually, never been proud of being a Floridian till now.
>>
>>89891538
I know but it was still just a cameo in a ride that focused mostly on Jimmy and the FOP.
>>
>tfw haven't been to florida in 12 years

Last ride I remember going on was Shrek 4D.
>>
>>89890222
I worked at the one in Hollywood. An awesome job at a 2nd rate theme park.
>>
File: 20kNautComp.jpg (23KB, 1485x294px) Image search: [Google]
20kNautComp.jpg
23KB, 1485x294px
>>89891478
>Also, Universal should get some sort of points for having the world's first submerged animatronics.

???
>>
>>89891541
Nintendoland is a two-phase thing in Florida. The Marioverse stuff is going into their main Studios park and they're saving Zelda and Pokemon for that third gate you're talking about
>>
>>89891478
I've been on it. It's their VR bullshit at its worst with a semi impressive Kong animatronic at the end.
>>
>>89891283
Actually it's better than the show
>>89891486
Another fucking Popeye?
>>
>>89892500
Actually, it could work for their new Waterpark
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.