[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Debuts in just over a month. >No pre-hype/hype threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (563KB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
563KB, 2063x3131px
>Debuts in just over a month.
>No pre-hype/hype threads

How are you feeling about Iron Fist, /co/?
>>
>>89889288
It's going to be shit. SHIT!
>>
>>89889288
I do not care.
>>
>>89889288
Trailer looked like crap tbqhwtfam
>>
I waver from being hype, to concerned, to really concerned, to a nervous hype.
>>
After luke cage my expectations plumetted. If its halfway decent i look forward to being pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>89889297
Have faith.
>>
>>89889415
Was it the second half that dropped off, for you? That's what most people say.
>>
Lost a lot of hype for Netflix Marvel in the last year.

Daredevil S1 is my favorite thing in the MCU along with Winter Soldier, but after that it went downhill fast. S2 was a major disappointment, JJ wasn't as good as I had hoped and didn't even bother with Luke Cage yet. The Iron Fist trailer also didn't make me very excited to see it. At this point I'm only looking forward to the Punisher show, since he was the only good part of DD S2. It's a shame, I had a lot of hope for the Netflixverse at first. Maybe it would be better if they made shorter seasons.
>>
>>89890379
Not the same guy but I couldn't stand his brother. Just the way he spoke grated on me wish they would have gone in a different direction with the actor.
>>
>>89890480
Seems more and more people think Daredevil was a "lighting in a bottle".
>>
>>89889415
I hope it's less boring and more exciting than Luke Cage.
>>
>>89889288
I'm just losing interest in marvel TV in general. Barely finished Luke Cgae last week, haven't watched agents of shield since near the end of last season, and I still have like 6 eps left of Agent Carter.
I want superheroics, man, not this shit.
>>
>>89889288
Daredevil S1 was middling and JJ was fucking horrible. Everything else has been disappointing, so no, I'm not excited.

Plus this looks less like a crazy fantasy kung fu show and more like Daredevil without a costume. It doesn't have anything I could want from an Iron Fist series, so why bother?
>>
So, err, is anyone else nervous about the promo tour and review?

Ahem.
>>
>>89891150
*reviews
>>
>>89889288
>>89889415

The 13-episode-season format is really kicking their asses. There's not a single one of these made for netflix shows that didn't drag, and show by show it's getting worse.
>>
>>89892015
Iron Fist had a lot of lore, and story arcs to draw upon, so maybe it will be the exception? Then again, that's all down to the showrunner.
>>
>>89892896
*has
>>
Seems Iron Fist has to prove itself to a lot of people.
>>
>>89892015
Pretty much this. DD S2 tried to fix it but the end result was gone good story and one shit story. Ultimately not really worth it unless you're too normie to just read comics.
>>
>>89895168
Episode 13 was "Bleh".
>>
Looks pretty shitty. They're making Green Arrow basically.
>>
>>89895275
Sad thing is Danny's not, but Marvel for some reason, have removed the "revenge as motivation" from Danny's origin.
>>
>>89895275
Damn, the hype really has gone down, hasn't it? It not just the usual haters on its case, but now even Iron Fist fans are having issues with what they've saw.

>Ahhhhh @the reviews
>>
>>89892015
They should either do episodic with an overarching plot that ties together in the finale or shorter seasons. I think they all would have been much stronger at 8-10 episodes.

Every series seems to tread water in the middle just to pad it out to 13 episodes.
>>
>>89889288
Marvel's Green Batman will be the best green batman yet
>>
>>89896074
I don't think that could do that now, even if they wanted to. DD2 was 13 episodes, so every subsequent series will also be. It's related to the first deal they pitched to Netflix.
>>
>>89897066
Yeah, I'm sure there are contract reasons why they do it the way that they do, but unless they can figure out pacing, shorter seasons would be better.
>>
I haven't touched Cage since DD S2 was such a fucking let down. Should I even bother?

Keep in mind I know absolutely jack shit about Luke Cage other than him being black Man Of Steel and wears a yellow T.
>>
>>89898161
It works without prior knowledge of the character, though it makes some iffy choices about villains and isn't for you if you don't want to hear black people talk about being black.
>>
>>89889288
I like Iron Fist for the crazy Kung Fu Magic/Pulp action plots.

Until I see something suggesting that I aint interested.
>>
>>89898333
Tbqh that's the one thing pulling me in. Niggas just being niggas. And I'm not saying this in a racist ass way, I think it'd be cool.
>>
>>89895257
>They're calling the vigilantes of New York!

I don't know why but this made me roll my eyes so hard. I have no problem with the goofiness of capeshit but something about that whole ending just felt terribly off, especially Frank showing up. Like it took a nose-dive into the cheese.
>>
>>89898422
Well there's plenty of that. It assumes the audience doesn't need help navigating, like it doesn't set aside time to explain why a barber shop is relevant.
>>
>>89898474
You remember more of that episode, than I. All I remember really, was that like two thirds took place on a roof top, and Frank franked a person.
>>
>>89898989
If you're so well check'd you must be right
>>
>>89899261
Oh WOW. Look at those quad doubles.
>>
Well, I sure hope the rest of the fight scenes are better than the Colleen Wing one they showed, 'cus...welp.
>>
>>89890555
I think that after having the understated Cottonmouth, it was a whiplash to have a such theatrical Diamondback, especially without build up to the tone.
>>
Did anyone see the preview pages for the Brisson run on Iron Fist? Danny looks like he's having a mid-life crisis.
>>
>>89890480
The first half of JJ largely sucked. The second half of DD S2 and LC S1 largely sucked. The only good full season from Marvel/Netflix is DD S1 and AOS S3 if we're talking MCU shows in general
>>
>>89889288

This is how Marvel Netflix goes.

>Show is about to come out.
>No hype.
>It comes out tomorrow
>Hype.
>Like two weeks of hype when finally arrives.
>Like a month after the premier nobody cares.

That's the problem of releasing every episode at once vs the CW regular format, people have Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Gotham and Legends on their heads for months vs a weekend with Daredevil, Jessica Bores (HAHAHAHA GET IT???) and Luke Cage
>>
Jessica Jones was alright but too damn long, should've been 8 episodes tops with that story.
Luke Cage is really boring and I'm still struggling to finish it. I've a few episodes left and wanna end it but dammit I need to muster strength to watch them.

I just hope this has a lighter tone or goes somewhere. Daredevil S2 became super dull when the Frank plotline ended and should've just ended there as well.
>>
They're bringing back Immortal Iron Fist?

That was a great comic
>>
>>89904859
The problem with JJ is not just length but the fact that Patsy was more interesting than her
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.