[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it a mistake not to have a Green Lantern be part of the team?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Justice-League-first-image.jpg (176KB, 1024x540px) Image search: [Google]
Justice-League-first-image.jpg
176KB, 1024x540px
Was it a mistake not to have a Green Lantern be part of the team?

Not only is GL a hugely important part of DC's universe, I feel like visually he'd help a lot. Look at this photo. Look at all the reds and blues and yellows. There's too much of it. The straight-up green coloring of a Lantern would have made the team more visually interesting, and I think more visually appealing, too.

And, fuck, you could make him John Stewart and make the team more diverse.
>>
>>89871557
Let's just say it was a huge mistake to put Cyborg on JL before Green Lantern.
>>
>>89871615

according to who?
>>
>>89871644
If you need to ask that, then you shouldn't be on /co/
>>
DC is still probably reeling from the effects of their Green Lantern movie. They don't want to kick off their cinematic universe with the memory of that synonym for superhero movie failure.
>>
>>89871686
Yeah, instead they kicked it off with the widely praised Man of Steel...
>>
I'm not keen on DC lore, I just read the must reads and the short condensed stories, but was Cyborg even a founding member? I thought most of his backstories was that he was a founding member of the Titans?
>>
>>89871557
>make the team more diverse.
There is already only 1 white person.
>>
>>89871721
On paper, starting your brand new DC movie universe off with a Superman movie is a great idea. Nobody could have foreseen how Snyder would fuck it up.
>>
>>89871815
Still made more than Iron Man 1. Though not much, and Iron Man was a literal who at the time. So basically, forget I said anything.
>>
>>89871730
there is no lore, cyborg has always been titans associated. this is very very new school and forced

he's in the league for 2 reasons

1) obvious muh diversity

2) the suits at WB wanted to use stewart as GL instead of Hal because of the movie flopping.

since geoff johns is literally the biggest halfag on the planet and a shotcaller at DC, he had them put off the GL movie until after JL was launched so he could get another shot at Hal. martian manhunter could easily be a black character, either via an actor in makeup or in his civilian john jones disguise, but this is hollywood where you can't have 2 black leads unless it's a "black" film, so they cut him and pushed cyborg as "an A-lister" instead

diabolical
>>
>>89871686
I know this is movie executive logic we're dealing with here but that's fucking retarded.

Nobody is going to see a poster for this movie with Green Lantern on it and think "hey wasn't there a Green Lantern movie a few years ago that sucked? That obviously means this will suck too!". Especially since one of the biggest problems with Green Lantern was nobody fucking saw it.

This is why Hollywood is a fucking joke.
>>
Girl Green Lantern should be on the team
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.