[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"It opened us up to violence, but that wasn't interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 30

File: Genndy_Tartakovsky,_2012-crop.jpg (44KB, 220x252px) Image search: [Google]
Genndy_Tartakovsky,_2012-crop.jpg
44KB, 220x252px
>"It opened us up to violence, but that wasn't interesting to us. It really opened us up to storytelling opportunities. There is a death at one point, where Jack realizes that he's killed his first human. And that's an important thing early on. By episode five, I think people will see what we're doing with the story this season — and it is a full, single arc that tells a story — I think people will be surprised. It's not something anyone has ever tried to do in animation before."

>So Genndy Tartakovsky is done now, and so is Jack. This journey is complete and there's only one final step.

>"I want to see people's reactions," he says. “There's so many great episodes, and some nostalgia, but people will be saying ‘holy shit’ and looking forward to the following week ... then they get to watch the entire thing as one movie."

Do you believe in him /co/?
>>
>>89863160
I just realized I don't think he ever injected his fetish into Samurai Jack
>>
File: Laughlaughlaughlaugh.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Laughlaughlaughlaugh.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>By episode five, I think people will see what we're doing with the story this season — and it is a full, single arc that tells a story — I think people will be surprised. It's not something anyone has ever tried to do in animation before.
>>
>>89863245
What is his fetish?

>>89863160
I like that the story is going to be so much stronger with this season, instead of just random shit happening for the art of it
>>
>>89863267
Pregnancy
>>
>>89863262
There's probably more to that than just a 10 episode arc, you fucking weeb. You think he doesn't know about serialized plot you sack of shit?
>>
File: 1e0.jpg (72KB, 307x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1e0.jpg
72KB, 307x1600px
>>89863160

The watch threads are going to be amazing.
>>
>>89863334
Unless some asshole leaks it, which always seems to happen
>>
>>89863262
The containment board is over there
>>a
>>
>>89863262
fuck off
>>
>>89863300
the first thing we'll see will be a mother giving birth to the seven girls.
>>
>>89863300
How is this his fetish? I don't remember it anywhere.
>>
Calling it.

The "Samurai Jack" we see in this season is not the real Samurai Jack. The real Samurai Jack is the dark samurai shadow.
>>
>>89863300
>>89863245
Birth of Evil, Jack's mom was pregnant.
>>
>>89863872
Yeah... anon that's how you get babies, a mommy and a daddy love each other very much and then an ancient evil threatens the world so you've got to take up your father's cause and be trained to destroy it.
>>
>>89863245
>>89863300
his real fetish is asian girls
>>
>>89863895
It was in reply to anon there >>89863245
saying Genndy never injected his fetish.
>>
>>89863300
What makes you think pregnancy is his fetish? Genuinely curious.
>>
>There is a death at one point, where Jack realizes that he's killed his first human.

Didn't Jack kill human beings in the previous seasons already?
>>
File: LaurenFaustSPFF.png (2MB, 1162x1318px) Image search: [Google]
LaurenFaustSPFF.png
2MB, 1162x1318px
>>89863993
Not him but I'm pretty sure it was a stealth dead baby joke and no one got it.
>>
>>89864026
No, only knocked them down.
>>
File: Jack's_drawing_of_the_Warrior.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Jack's_drawing_of_the_Warrior.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
>>89864137
He straight up killed Viking Warrior who was cursed by Aku.
>>
>>89864177
Euthanasia is not killing, Anon.

fuck technically, Jack only defeated him. Viking Warrior simply died of old age.
>>
>>89864137
He knocked them down by slicing their bodies
>>
File: 621.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
621.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>89864245
If you slice people up they die because of the blood loss, not you.
>>
>>89863160
>it is a full, single arc that tells a story
>It's not something anyone has ever tried to do in animation before.
Come on now
>>
>>89864287
Also, they usually get cut in different pieces. something that didn't happens with human in Samurai Jack.
>>
>>89864323
What if it's actually literally a movie cut up into twenty minute episodes?
>>
>>89863309
It is only ten episodes. And by episode five, they'll only be five episodes left to see where the story is going until the conclusion.

You should establish the point of the series starting from episode one, especially if it is quantify into ten episodes.

A perfect example - Over the Garden Wall; episode one set up the enviroment and mood of the series, introduced the characters to where you had an inkling of who they are, and built up the story without giving away everything.

Episode one is the important episode as it is the episode to draw in viewers like bees to honey. Don't give me that "Wait until x episode, it get better" excuse.
>>
>>89863387
Unless, you're smart enough to know by now to avoid leaks and the threads containing said leaks, it won't always happen.
>>
>>89864041
You can figuratively say the same regarding Faust's original baby, Galaxy Girls. Dead as her miscarried child.
>>
File: 12434523.jpg (142KB, 1100x1078px) Image search: [Google]
12434523.jpg
142KB, 1100x1078px
>>89863160
>Do you believe in him /co/?
As long as this isn't Sony's project - yes. I don't think anyone can save a Sony project
>>
>>89864367
Genndy said that we are going to get a reveal in the first episode. I dont know what its going to be but its silly to think that it wont be a set up for what is to come.
>>
>>89864550
Maybe the reveal of the first episode is going to be that Jack hasn't aged in 50 years because of time travel shenanigan?

Or that he is suffering of guilt because he had to kill an human?

Or maybe it will be that he lost his sword at some point and is now just on the run from Aku?

Or maybe it will be that Aku has now destroyed all of the time portals and it's now impossible fro Jack to go back in time?

Or maybe it will be that Aku has somehow managed to sir children and they are no going after Jack to kill him?

Whatever it is, I hope it's going to surprise us all.
>>
>>89863160
I'd follow Genndy to the ends of the earth like his name was Shocker.
>>
>>89864353
So basically, what Crunchyroll already does with anime movies?
>>
File: RIDAA BEATDOWN.gif (2MB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
RIDAA BEATDOWN.gif
2MB, 240x160px
>>89864743
SHOCKA!?!
>>
What if jack got raped by Aku and the twist is it's his own daughters trying to kill him and jack suffers from ptsd from Aku whispering in his ears "yes that's it samurai, you will be the literal seed of your own destruction AAAAHHHAHAHAHAHA"
>>
>>89863267
>What is his fetish?
Topless Samurai
>>
>>89864789
BALLS
DEEP
FOOOOOOOLISH SAAAAAAMOOOOOWHHHHHHY
>>
>>89864888
>balls deep
what is the origin of this meme
>>
>>89864888
TRIPS CONFIRM
>>89865034
some rule 34, a google search should quell your curiosity anon
>>
File: Magnus2.jpg (42KB, 309x277px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus2.jpg
42KB, 309x277px
>>89863160
>Jack realizes that he's killed his first human. And that's an important thing early on.

Has anyone ever explained to this man that actual Samurai didn't travel the land dismantling renegade robots?

It's akin to making a series about a Mafia hitman who's only victims are amazingly robots, and then he's "deeply affected" by actually killing someone.
Someone please tell this jackass his audience isn't 10 any more.
>>
>>89865183
I have a feeling this is handled well in the actual show, I guess we'll have to wait until next month to find out.
>>
>>89864452
When Faust showed up in /mlp/ she said that she just wanted GG to be a doll line, but nobody wanted to get near it without a cartoon to advertise for it. She said that unless she had 100% control to make the show exactly what she wanted, she wouldn't go through with it. She didn't kill it, she just wants it to be perfect, so she didn't compromise it.
>>
File: sj.png (229KB, 852x347px) Image search: [Google]
sj.png
229KB, 852x347px
It's Jack's father
>>
File: Spongebob hmmm.jpg (92KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob hmmm.jpg
92KB, 500x372px

This line right here I think is pretty fascinating. This is clearly in reference to what they're trying to do with the story, and not the fact that the episodes are a continual arc. Genndy really knows his animation, East and West, so I feel like this isn't just some fluff statement.

The question is, what could that possibly be? Something that nobody's ever tried to do in animation before is a pretty tall claim to make, but like I said the guy actually really knows his animation.
>>
>>89863160
>So Genndy Tartakovsky is done now

Wait, done with Jack or done entirely? Because if he doesn't even try to bring back Sym-Bionic Titan I am going to be pissed.
>>
>>89865258
YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR PORPOISE
>>
>>89865344
Well what has been done in live action miniseries that hasn't been done in animation before?
>>
>>89865350
In the interview that OP's quoting he explicitly mentions that he'd like to make some kind of finisher to Sym-Bionic if the opportunity presents itself.
>>
>>89865389
Well it would be nice if OP had provided a link for those of us who have never seen this interview before.
>>
>>89865183
To be fair Jack wasn't actually a typical Samurai when he began. He spent his whole life training around the world and didn't take up the sword until he took on Aku. He wasn't just some Shogun's thug like the average Samurai.
His audience isn't 10 any more but he's not denying what the series was before. Though it does make Jack a little callous since a couple of his Robofoes were definitely sapient.
>>
He's with Marvel know, I wouldn't be surprised if they get him to direct a cartoon.
>>
>>89865183
Jack was never technically a "samurai". He never served some feudal lord in disputes for territory or anything like that.

Aku took over his home when he was a child and he was trained to fight every day after that. His initial battle with Aku was probably his first real fight.
>>
>>89865412
Not OP but here you are friend

http://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5
>>
>>89863387
I think the entire plot of the first episode has already been leaked. Also theres phone camera quality videos of animatics being shown
>>
>>89863262
>>89864323
You do realize he's probably talking about the specific story he's telling with Samurai Jack, not serialized animation in general, right?
>>
>>89865437
Thank you, anon.
>>
File: olympic dames custom character.jpg (137KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
olympic dames custom character.jpg
137KB, 774x1032px
Alright, so where the hell did you guys come up with the idea that Genndy has a pregnancy fetish? This is the first time I've heard of this
>>
>>89865882
Who doesn't? Our brains are literally hardwired to want to protect pregnant women
>>
>>89865954
Do you typically protect things with your penis?
>>
>>89864367
I really can't stand morons that think a basic understanding of writing conventions makes them smarter than everyone else
>>
>>89865987
Who doesn't? Our brains are literally hardwired to protect things with our penises
>>
>>89864353
That's what he did for clone wars
>>
>Jack gets back to the past but all those 50 years catch up to him and he dies of old age as soon he gets back.

>He never gets back and it ends with Aku flying into the sunset. FOOLISH SAMURAI
>>
>>89864789
And then, after killing all but one he joins forces with his daughter and they tear Aku a new one.
>>
>>89865882
Hotel Translyvania's werewolf mom that keeps popping out pups.
>>
>>89865365
Father what shall I do?

Fuuuck your mother...
>>
File: Phil_Lamarr_(cropped).jpg (20KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
Phil_Lamarr_(cropped).jpg
20KB, 329x475px
>>89866185
I see, I will find it. AND THEN IM GONE
>>
The man is going to fucking deliver and i'm so excited.

This is going to be such a positive move in the western animation scene, it's going to open up new doorways when it does well!
>>
>>89865987
For whatever reason that part of the male brain is a bit janked. Clearly theres a few crossed wires in their somewhere. It's been surmised that most men have pedophilic tendancies but like, aren't actually sociopathic to act on such urges. The same way someone with a rape fetish isn't going to attack someone on the street.
>>
>>89866232
kek
>>
>>89866004
That part of our brain clearly has a few crossed wires. I was at this summer camp once and I saw one of the staff looking at some kids ass and then abruptly stop with a horrified look on his face and then abruptly shake his head as if dislodging something. Male brain is best brain.
>>
>>89866343
>>89866420
The similarity in the structure of these sentences make me feel like this is the same poster...
>>
>>89863300
has gendy had a pregnant character besides that werewolf in adam sandler monster mash?
I only remember dexter's mom being pregnant for a split second in a flashback episode
>>
>>89866420
Er, I hope you don't mean preteens, but I can definitely say that the jailbait meme is real as fuck. I see so many high schoolers with pretty faces and tight asses and big racks... I can't help but be attracted to them because they already look like women and my brain has been wired to find those traits appealing since puberty.

Now I don't leer of course and I would never ever EVER pursue one, but there's a reason we used to pair off and have kids much earlier than we do now.
>>
It's a time loop where jack grows more and more tired and viscous and becomes Aku, going back in time to send himself to the future to ensure his creation; and it's less groundbreaking than this guy thinks.
>>
>>89866808
You forgot the fact that it wont happen.
>>
>>89863160
>There is a death at one point, where Jack realizes that he's killed his first human
>it is a full, single arc that tells a story — I think people will be surprised. It's not something anyone has ever tried to do in animation before.

I am no longer excited for this.
>>
>>89867171
He's more aware than you think, it won't be that simple (at least I hope so)
>>
File: 11_gasmask.jpg (10KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
11_gasmask.jpg
10KB, 360x240px
>>89863160
>>Do you believe in him /co/?

Not anymore, especially now that he stated that all the lives he took in the past seasons didn't count.

Why does he act like that story arcs and lethal force against human bad guys in cartoons haven't been a thing for the past 50 years?
>>
>>89867171
M8 he's clearly referring to what he's doing with the story and not the story arc itself there. Of course he's aware that there have been pieces of animation with single story arcs before.
>>
>>89867357
>it won't be that simple
Samurai Jack is a series that always ended up "being that simple."
>>
Even ignoring anime you have the alter seasons of Korra structured the same way.
>>
>>89867489
>Not anymore, especially now that he stated that all the lives he took in the past seasons didn't count.
But they didn't.
The viking guy wanted to die, the bounty hunters' fate is ambiguous, and the scientist clearly had it coming (he wasn't human anyway).
>>
>>89867530
Those are still deaths/presented as deaths. What exactly can he be doing differently that necessitates Jack having a reaction to a human death NOW. What reactions can Jack have that aren't cringy bullshit?
>>
>>89865374
Full penetration?
>>
>>89867527
>>89867171
>>89865344
Is this the power of... not reading context...?
>>
>>89867885
Hey man don't quote me, my whole post was explicitly about how he's referring to the content of the season and not the fact that it's a single story.

There is a shocking amount of poor reading context in this thread though, like the first two guys you quoted.
>>
>>89867569

It could be a murder done in cold blood. Jack grows careless and frustrated, straight up killing a guy, when he could have knocked him out.
>>
>>89867569
Yeah that's my biggest concern aswell, hopefully it won't be that simple.
>>
I have just finished the Jack Remembers the Past episode. I haven't seen this series in more than 10 years but I distinctly remember that I cried when I watched this episode as a kid.

I cried again today. Such a powerful episode.
>>
>>89868089
If the guy was hunting Jack and was tough enough to get Jack to start swinging his sword, it's not going to be any different from the legions of other hunters he's slain or attempted to slay. And more importantly, why is them being human a big deal? This is a universe where robots can have villages and families. Jack has seen robot village massacres and reacted with horror. Jack slayed X9 and his last words provoked a reaction of sadness from Jack.

>>89868160
Maybe Genndy just phrased what he was trying to say badly. I hope that's the case.
>>
>>89865954
Personally, I think pregnant women are disgusting.
>>
File: IMG_7713.jpg (151KB, 600x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7713.jpg
151KB, 600x310px
>>89868289
This is the kind of stuff I was afraid of the new season forgetting.

What made jack heroic was the fact that he cared about all innocents, be they human, robot, mutant, or monster.

Hopefully the shot of Jack looking over the piked robot heads means this characteristic is in tact.
>>
>>89868089
>>89868160
>>89868289
Probably something like Spider-Man did back in the day. Jack thinks it's another enemy, hits, and it turns out it's some simple guy, and now Jack killed him.
>>
Do you guys think we'll get flashbacks to previous episodes fully reanimated?
>>
>>89867489
>, especially now that he stated that all the lives he took in the past seasons didn't count.
he didn't took any live. what are you talking about?
>>
>>89867569
>Those are still deaths/presented as deaths.
They aren't; The bounty hunters were clearly knocked out. And the Viking wasn't killed by Jack, he died of old age.

If you really insist that he took the viking's life you should still acknowledge that euthanasia isn't the same as actually killing someone.
>>
I'm a bit mad now since that means Jack did not kill those bounty hunters.
>>
File: Youth in Asia.png (19KB, 812x316px) Image search: [Google]
Youth in Asia.png
19KB, 812x316px
>>89869950
>This retard again.
I'm just going to post the fact that not even your personal definition of euthanasia is right. Because pic related is the first thing I see when I google it.

>>89870054
Yeah. I still believe Genndy's gone senile a bit. Going to hope this whole "first human kill" bullshit doesn't drag the whole season down.
>>
>>89870054
>>89869950
Maybe we'll luck out and it'll be his first "innocent" kill or one he's aware of or whatever. But there was never any evidence he killed any of the bounty hunters and the ones he possibly killed were kind of shits anyways. In the case of the Lava monster though he gave him an honorable death, there's no shame in that. If he killed someone like the Princess then learned of her real story he'd definitely beat himself over it.
>>
>>89866568

Mandark's hippy mom gave birth on screen while she was in a Jacuzzi.

Or does no one remember that?
>>
>>89870054
>>89870116

He didn't though, and even if he did kill some of them, at least two weren't fucking human. He's killed many, many aliens and other creatures.

>The Princess -- Got beat up by Jack, and dropped her dagger
>The Bullfighter -- Got hit with some throwing stars, who gives a shit?
>The Russian -- Got hit with some sort of explosives, that didn't actually seem capable of killing Jack per the plan.
>The African -- Got thrown out of sight.

No one died, except maybe the two Cat-Aliens.
>>
>>89871245
Jack rushed the bullfighter and slashed him. He cut the African at the stomach. What kind of fucking slash with the sharp end of a sword knocks a person out . If they wanted you to think those guys were alive, all they needed to do was show signs of movement or groans of agony.

And all of them planned on killing Jack. The African had darts dipped in "the most lethal of poisons". The twins were certain their bombs would make Jack die. The Bullfighter is throwing fucking knives (which he claims he throws faster than any bullet). etc. etc.

Speaking of the bombs, there is no reason to believe that Jack redirected those bombs to Boris expecting him to survive
>>
>>89868623

Wow, so not even the creator of Samurai Jack can get away from the ''not muh'' bitching.

He knows Jack better than ayone else, STFU!
>>
File: Untitled6-1.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled6-1.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>89871741
It's anime sword slashes KO people all the time.
Just suspend you disbelief and accept Jack only gravely injured them.
>>
>>89871741
It's cute how you think cutting people with a sword in a cartoon means they're dead.
>>
>>89872711
>>89872747
Why do you insist on samefagging every thread like this? Is pretending to be retarded really that fun?

Even entertaining the idea that they survived based on neo-Genndy, you still have the problem of Jack clearly meaning to kill them or at least not caring if these fools survived. You have the fact that according to Princess Mira, Jack does not have a reputation for being merciful towards bounty hunters. You have the fact that Jack threw bombs meant to kill him at someone else.

Jack shouldn't have a problem with killing anyone beyond the innocent. He shouldn't be "reacting" to some human he killed because they are human after 50 years of fighting with killing intent.
>>
>>89872928
He has supersenses and heard them breathing
And again we don't know the context so maybe tone it back on the bitching
>>
>>89872928
>It's impossible that more than one person can not agree with me on this! They must be a samefag!
Please stop being this far up your own ass.
>>
File: 47 okay.png (235KB, 435x423px) Image search: [Google]
47 okay.png
235KB, 435x423px
>>89866099
>Jack gets back to the past.
>Kills Aku.
>The rapid aging catches up with him.
>Dies in his family's arms as they don't know what to do.

g-gotta get sad.
>>
>>89864323
How many adult cartoons besides maybe Venture Brothers and Bojack are trying to do full arcs?

Those are still comedy-dramas too.
>>
>>89873141
Please stop having the same exact time gaps between your posts samefag. I know there are multiple people, but you're pretending to be two.
>>
>>89871175
That was a post-Genndy episode though
>>
>>89871245
>>The African -- Got thrown out of sight.

Australian Aborigine
>>
>>89873482
I hadn't even posted in this thread before this one >>89872747, dumbass. I'd post a screencap, but I already know your paranoid ass is going to scream photoshop.
>>
File: 1483579559017.jpg (275KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1483579559017.jpg
275KB, 1536x2048px
>>89868089
>guy

We already can guess that he'll be killing a girl, actually. It's going to be one of the daughters that breaks him, one way or another.

Maybe he'll realize that she, like him, had simply been born into a family that raised with a set purpose, to slay a single enemy, only that enemy just happened to be him. Or maybe she'll be just beginning to see the light of righteousness when he, taking it for a trick, cuts her down before she really gets a chance to change. Whatever it is it's gonna be sad.
>>
>>89870714
>Maybe we'll luck out and it'll be his first "innocent" kill or one he's aware of or whatever.

This has to be it. Remember when Aku couldn't stab Jack with his own sword because Jack said it won't harm innocent beings. Those bounty hunters sure as hell weren't innocent.
>>
File: 1486932988951.jpg (64KB, 382x321px) Image search: [Google]
1486932988951.jpg
64KB, 382x321px
>>89863262
>being this retarded
im sorry your mother drank too much when she was pregnant
>>
>kills human off screen
>sword abandons him
>seasons starts
>goes through some trial proving he is still worthy and sorry or whatever
>sword reappears when he needs it most
>>
File: image.png (178KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
178KB, 500x600px
>>
>>89874109
Gotta get back to the past
>>
>>89874109
GOTTA GET BACK, BACK TO THE PAST
>>
>>89864367
You're a genius. I can't believe Tartakovsky managed to make three extremely successful TV series and two successful movies without you.
>>
File: IMG_6956.jpg (37KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6956.jpg
37KB, 476x476px
So wait Jack is gonna have to battle Aka twice then at the end? Once to go back in time, and again in the past to kill him for good? I'm excited either way, but for some reason a small part of me feels like that'll take away from the climax of Aku finally being defeated - having to do it over twice. It'll make for a hell of a last episode though.
>>
>>89874344
If it plays out that way I could see it going more like

>Epic final battle with Jack and Aku
>Aku defeated
>Jack gets a way back to the past
>In the past Aku just sent Jack through a portal into the future after just getting an ass kicking
>Starts laughing it up
>Future Jack immediately flies from an entirely new portal that opened when the one Aku just opened closed
>Future Jack fucks Past Aku up immediately
>Aku is shocked and dies
>>
>>89874344
Aku was dying in the past already so if he literally returns to the point where he was sent to the future it could just be him wallking through the portal like a badass after the ultimate Battle with final form Aku and then he just kills the wounded Aku with a simple stroke. Cut to HWAJACK!
>>
>>89874471
Oh I like the sound of that! That would be a perfect way to finish him off!
>>
>>89871175
Blame Chris Savino. That guy IS a weird fetishist.
>>
>>89874344
>final battle with jack and Aku in the future with Aku at the peak of his powers
>Aku defeated
>Jack goes back to the past
>flash back to when Aku sent Jack to the future after being defeated
>Jack immediately emerges from another portal
>closeup to Jack looking smug after seeing a wounded past-Aku and realizing he's back
>WAJACK
>credits roll
You don't even need to show that battle since the result is obvious and the battle is redundant
>>
>>89864787
Imagine a genndy kamen rider series
>>
>>89874723
If that happened, the entire internet will complain about getting blueballed.

Personally I believe in the "you can't change the past" storyline.
>>
>>89866332
He's never dissapointed, the issues with his work are usually stuff out of his control, now he's doing it full and straight as he wants it
>>
File: 00.jpg (39KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
39KB, 200x150px
>>89874921
No. Because it immediately follows a battle with a full powered Aku. Beating a weakened Aku that he already beat means nothing.

But if you want full Jack beats everyone:

>Jack beats Aku halfway through the season
>goes back to the time portal
>beats The Guardian
>goes back to the past where Aku has repaired himself after sending Jack to the future and is starting to take over
>Jack beats him there
But that is still a retread versus a weaker opponent than both future Aku and the Guardian.
>>
>>89875028
Wouldn't it be better that Jack tries to find the portal that The Guardian is defending and Aku has to stop him? That way it'd be essentially a three way showdown.
>>
>>89875028
>No. Because
Doesn't matter.
When Sopranos ended without the money shot, people moaned and whined, and Sopranos had a more mature audience compared to Samurai Jack. People have a shitfit if they don't get to see an "ending".
>>
Jack isn't going to go back to the past, he's just going to use the Guardian's portal to rescue the one daughter of Aku's who joins him after Aku kills her.
>>
>>89875028
Future Aku is the climax. Dying Past Aku is the epilogue.
>>
>>89875078
YOU GET THE MONEY SHOT. JACK BEATS AKU. JACK RETURNS TO THE PAST. JACK BEATING PAST AKU IS A DUSTY FART THAT DOES NOTHING.
>>
>>89868289
>If the guy was hunting Jack and was tough enough to get Jack to start swinging his sword, it's not going to be any different from the legions of other hunters he's slain or attempted to slay.

Except that's not what the post you were replying to implied you fucking mongoloid. Here, let me give an example your autist brain might wrap itself around.

>Jack is in a huge fight with tons of robots/bounty hunters/etc.
>new edgier season, so he's slaying fools left and right
>all his enemies are dead on the ground, Jack is heavy breathing, tired off his ass
>someone is sneaking up behind him
>turns and slashes without looking due to being in full murder-mode
>innocent young child looks shocked for a moment, then falls in half
>a single "thank you for saving us from Aku" flower falls from his hand
>blood everywhere
>the villagers are horrified
>Jack is horrified
>runs off into the forest to sob about what he's become

Seriously, why are you so fucking mad about what you don't know? Why must you assume the worst? Retard.
>>
>>89864041
Which makes no sense cause Faust is married to Macracken, not Gendy.
>>
>>89874109
WA CHA
>>
>>89864137
jack killed the bounty hunters. even if you want to say he didn't because there wasn't blood, he threw explosives at Boris and boris exploded. Jack's killed people.
>>
>>89875894
Jack's survived explosions before hasn't he?
>>
>>89875894
>Boris exploded
>was clearly still in one piece
>>
>>89875981
jack can, but he has a magical sword.

He threw bombs at the russian. Bombs that, notably, he made sure to get the fuck away from him, implying they'd do damage. Like, unless you think the bounty hunters were using less than lethal explosions, jack fully intended to blow boris the fuck up.
>>
>>89876049
>jack can, but he has a magical sword.
That sword has never been stated to give him any sort of protection. If you can say that it protects him, then you can say with just as much proof that the bounty hunters weren't using lethal explosions.
>>
>>89876049
>he has a magical sword
The sword's only magical ability is that it can fuck up Aku. Jack's father actually makes a point of not trusting the sword to do everything. Jack is just hard as fucking nails and trained globally by the best of the best.
>>
>>89875420
That's your scenario for "kill a human and react to it"? Sounds like tryhard garbage from a fanfic. And it still doesn't explain the "kill a HUMAN for the first time" shit.

I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed. But these lowered expectations allow me to be more impressed if Genndy proves me wrong about how to interpret his wording instead of overhyping him as perfect and ending up disappointment in spite of signs. Like the growing the defense force around here.
>>
>>89876049
>>89876362

Why are we assuming that they were human in the first place?

I want to point out, the Princess was literally from another planet. It's probably a Star Wars scenario with convergent evolution.

Further (as was mentioned in this very same thread way earlier), Jack is often shown as not having ANY remorse for the people who he fights. Even if he doesn't kill them, he knows that they are only fighting him because Aku is making them. Like the Princess was. She even stated, if she didn't take out Jack, then Aku would destroy her planet.

Guess what? She didn't take out Jack, and Aku is going to destroy her planet.

Jack didn't give a shit. In fact, he stone cold merc'd her and walked the fuck away without even turning around.
>>
>>89876362
>But these lowered expectations allow me to be more impressed if Genndy proves me wrong about how to interpret his wording instead of overhyping him as perfect and ending up disappointment in spite of signs.
How is him not sharing your interpretations a sign of this season being a disappointment again?
>>
>>89875981
The bounty hunters all came there with the understanding that their methods would end Jack. The most lethal of poisons, knife throws faster than bullets, and bombs intended to make Jack die. They didn't come to capture him. They came to kill him. I doubt Boris is as durable as Jack and I doubt Jack counted on Boris tanking those bombs.
>>
File: 1478588370500.jpg (30KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478588370500.jpg
30KB, 720x720px
Jack is going to kill a human and realize it's no different from killing the legions of sentient robots he's come across.

That's what going to horrify jack
>>
File: genndys fetish.jpg (557KB, 499x1136px) Image search: [Google]
genndys fetish.jpg
557KB, 499x1136px
>>89865882
It's fucking obvious.
>>
>>89876461
It's a sign that he might not completely remember his own show or might be trying to alter how things were. George Lucas didn't quite remember his original trilogy/wanted to rewrite and looked what happened.
>>
>>89876616
Big difference between Genndy and Lucas: he's done several great projects that weren't all that way just because of others, and Jack's still using a lot of the same crew from the original show, unlike the prequels.
>>
File: 1486666432920.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486666432920.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>89873736
>Maybe he'll realize that she, like him, had simply been born into a family that raised with a set purpose, to slay a single enemy, only that enemy just happened to be him.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HOLY SHIT
>>
>>89876719
Oh, and those projects weren't done years ago, he's still done good stuff recently and hasn't shown signs of senility like Lucas.
>>
>>89864323
this shtity reading comprehension
>>
File: 1486400934113.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486400934113.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>89876789
If played right this could turn out to be one of those instances of "We're not so different, you and I" that doesn't piss me off.
>>
>>89875111
>>89875124
>JACK BEATING PAST AKU IS A DUSTY FART THAT DOES NOTHING.
That means your story is poorly-structured.
>>
>>89876567
>we're going to see Jack BSOD
>this is what Genndy meant by "he reflects on it"
>>
>Jack didn't kill humans before

That's retarded. Looks like Genndy is the new Toriyama.
>>
>>89863160
hey guys, what if it turns out Aku is Jack from the future?
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.