[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of We Bare Bears? This show doesn't seem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (10KB, 195x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 195x144px
What do you think of We Bare Bears? This show doesn't seem to have threads on here much at all.
>>
I stopped watching the show fairly early on. It wasn't that I disliked it, but rather, that it was too much effort to actually seek it out. After the Regular Show finale - which was also the first Regular Show episode I watched in like two years - I left the TV on and they played a bunch of WBB episodes where they were little baby bears.

It was good. Surprisingly good. I guess they were all re-runs, though, since /co/ didn't have a thread.
>>
>>89856379
For some reason, /co/ doesn't seem to like talking about it much. They talk about other 2010s cartoons like Gravity Falls, Star vs The Forces of Evil, Wander Over Yonder, Gumball, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Regular Show, but they don't talk about this show much.
>>
File: 1485465360244.jpg (130KB, 746x880px) Image search: [Google]
1485465360244.jpg
130KB, 746x880px
For some reason there's always a WBB thread in /trash/ I figured it was because some mod my an arbitrary rule about it? Kind of like when SU hits hiatus and all the /sug/s move to /trash/
>>7608294
>>
I think it's one of those cases where a show is above average in quality but below average in terms of making people want to talk about it. Like, what is there to argue over? Who's the best bear? They all get some huge shining moments.
>>
>>89857856
/wbb/ saw themselves out last year when there was a pretty lengthy hiatus. I guess they just felt more comfortable on /trash/ to come back (it was a fairly slow general, even for /co/). Plus WBB is technically furry and /trash/ lets them be faggots in peace
>>
>>89856274
Its very Hisptery neckbeard and very liberal NuMale
>>
I love the show, if only for the setting. It's pretty much the only cartoon that showcases a modern, present-day, world while still feeling organic and believable.

>>89858701
This is true, but you said it in pretty much the worst possible way.
>>
>>89856274
I've watched it in the beginning maybe 15 first episodes, and it's honestly pretty boring. I didn't like how there's lack of internal logic to the show world with some animals being sentient and others not and how people reacted to that.
Great theme song however and bears look very cute when they have dot eyes
>>
File: 1437281508409.jpg (74KB, 874x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1437281508409.jpg
74KB, 874x1024px
>>89856274
it feels like the kind of dull thing that all tv shows would be if Hillary Clinton was the president for over 3 hundred years
>>
It's pretty mediocre and it's not funny at all, but I like the brother's friendship and it's comfy.
>>
>>89860502
That sounds a great universe to live
>>
>>89856274
Bland aesthetic, weak humor, entirely unengaging storylines

It's the most filler cartoon of the past five years
>>
>>89856274

It's a cute, comfy cartoon. It's the embodiment of "sensible chuckle" and that's it.
>>
>>89856274
Bland and inoffensive, but in a charming sort of way. Shame the fanbase is so utterly unbearable.
>>
It's kind of banal and feels like filler stretched out across 24 minutes. S'alright really, it just fails to excite or stir up any emotions past a slight subtle enjoyment.
>>
>>89856274
It's got great comedy, addresses lots of cultural issues, reasonably moralistic plots, a nice aesthetic, balanced characters, and consistent details in writing.

I'd love for the episodes to be more easily downloaded.

>>89856597
I just started Star vs. Evil and WBB is on par with Gumball and Adventure Time, otherwise I like it better than all the others.

>>89857993
Ice Bear is clearly best, but good points.

>>89858478
It's less furry than MLP...
>>
>>89856274
Baby bear episodes aren't that good. Ice Bear having his Drive episode was great. It goes from hit to miss so often that you have to like the characters to enjoy the show, which isn't unique, it just hinges more on them than most shows because it is just slice of life.
>>
File: bearorgy2.jpg (84KB, 1010x565px) Image search: [Google]
bearorgy2.jpg
84KB, 1010x565px
>>
File: 1486347130106.jpg (130KB, 372x526px) Image search: [Google]
1486347130106.jpg
130KB, 372x526px
>>89862965
>Shame the fanbase is so utterly unbearable.
The fanbase isn't that bad in comparison to other fandoms, but it is pretty dominated by male furfags/chubfags.

Also why does it seem like there's hardly any new episodes at all? I've been enjoying a lot of the later ones.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 600x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 600x523px
>>89864112
The fanbase is fine, though if you go on trash, you're going to get exactly what you expect.

The later episodes start doing things a little more right. The side characters make the show better. Even Charlie grew on me.

It's just the best CN has to offer in terms of chill out and put a puzzle together shows.
>>
>>89856274
Its a cute show thats kinda fun but the bears are so unlikable. I cant fucking stand any of them

although i've started to resent it because the same 10 episodes play literally all the time on tv where I am.

plus i feel like its kinda pretentious in its own stupid way, although i'm having trouble putting into words what I mean though.
>>
>>89865953
Maybe that precieved pretentiousness comes from them writing a show that's culturally savy. They use uber in an episode and Panda explains that "it's the future". The timing of that was actually perfect for me, as that aired the day after I used the app for the first time. Others may have had it long before and scoff at that line, but regardless, the episode will surprise no one in the future for being something from 2016. It's a very contemporary show that rubs some people the wrong way for that reason.
>>
>>89866173
Yeah honestly thats basically the exact reason.

Just with Panda being a weeb and using tindr and all that shit. Its a really millennial show and i cant stand that about it.
>>
>>89866290
What's wrong with that? 4chan is an EXTREMELY millennial thing and yet here we are.
>>
>>89866347
4chan is also weeb as hell.
>>
>>89856274
Ice bear is beast bear
>>
File: Hijab.png (333KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hijab.png
333KB, 451x600px
>>89856274
It Alright

Also, the muslim woman triggers me /pol/ side
>>
>>89862660
Everyone would be doing hard drugs just to cope with reality, the government would quietly allow it to prevent riots
>>
>>89866173
Two years down the line you will cringe at these jokes
>>
>>89860502
>>89862660
Implying 2017 wouldn't be the last year of humanity before the bombs drop
>>
>>89866417
I mean, it being set in Paris means it's realistic to have the background characters as culturally enriching as possible
>>
>>89866547
It's not a joke as "the uber economy" continues to be a real thing that gained traction in 2016. Two hundred years down the road, we can look back and see these episodes for a look into our culture.
>>
>>89866417
She's just one of many reoccurring background characters. Why are you like this?
>>
File: RdEb5ZFB.jpg (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
RdEb5ZFB.jpg
18KB, 256x256px
>>89862817
>>
>>89866678
it's set in san francisco
>>
its alright, a solid 7/10

its not as "DEEPEST LORE" as SU or as funny and well animated as TAWOG, so it kinda slips through the cracks
>>
>>89856274
It's mostly boring. Watching 3 grown men behave like kids in a tumblr world isn't really as entertaining as creators might think.
The only good episodes are the ones with Chloe, or bears as actual kids
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.