[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the general /co/nsensus on Rebecca Sugar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 11

File: halloween.jpg (38KB, 564x570px) Image search: [Google]
halloween.jpg
38KB, 564x570px
So what's the general /co/nsensus on Rebecca Sugar?

She seems nice.
>>
>>89842089
She's too nice. Let's her staff take too many liberties without putting her foot down when needed.
>>
She should've drawn Greg reviewing the show that would've been funny

Also she seems alright as a person

doesn't she lurk here sometimes or at least used to
>>
She's a narcissistic abuser.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-06-22-50-11.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-06-22-50-11.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I liked her appearance on American Dad
>>
>>89842181
Zuke fuck off
>>
>>89842089
it stinks.
>>
>>89842175
>doesn't she lurk here sometimes or at least used to

I think she used to be a drawfag
>>
She nuked the Zuke, so she's alright
>>
>>89842089
she's a well-meaning creative person whose parents just didn't raise her right
>>
>>89843702
You played right into the OPs hands, you fool.
>>
No balls. I feel nothing when watching her show. Sort of like when I browse /co/. Where have your stories gone, your characters who uplift and inspire? Is it all just tumblr sexuality shit, twitter drama, and angst?
>>
>>89842089
It alright.
>>
>>89842089
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

I keep thinking it's not in my clipboard anymore and yet here it is.
>>
Nice lady, too bad she doesn't have much writing talent.
>>
she's forever stuck in a world where she's 12 and everybody is "the nice guy". She can't deliver more than her juvenile teenage afntasy, but so far people keeps telling her this trash is good.
She's probably gonna have the meltdown of the millenium when she gets the first reality check of her life.
>>
>>89845061
What the fuck are you getting that psychobabble from.
>>
>>89845061
Dude, you can criticise the show all day long (it has a lot of faults), but at least make valid critiques. Most of the characters have some dickish quality to them, especially the gems.
>>
>>89843878
Was it her who used to draw a bunch of Marceline in /co/ drawthreads, or was that another member of the AT crew at the time? I remember they eventually left because shit was getting a bit too creepy even for someone who frequents 4chan.
>>
>>89844475
You posted the wrong video again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKpQ_FwoPAU

Nobody want to watch an half hour video about someone sperging out on how space alien rock having gender or not is somehow cheating.
>>
>>89845061
except one of the friends she's made, one former internet fanartist turned storyboarder by the name of Lauren Zuke that Sugar brought in from the internet to work on Sugar's passion project, had a fucking meltdown because she couldn't handle the pressures of an actual creative job and wanted to insert her shitty autistic self insert shipping bullshit into the show.
I would imagine that was fairly traumatic/unpleasant and Rebecca seems to be handling it just fine.
>>
>>89845239
allegedly
>>
>>89845201
>Most of the characters have some dickish quality to them, especially the gems.
Just because the character is flawed, that doesn't mean they aren't "the nice guy".

The issue that he's getting at is that there's little to nothing in terms a "bad guy". There's no one in the show that's a genuine asshole, they're just "misunderstood" or some shit.
>>
File: simpsons07.jpg (233KB, 654x700px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons07.jpg
233KB, 654x700px
Sugar's also the one that did that comic about a dying guy with brain damage who can only speak in Simpsons quotes.

That was a pretty cool comic.
>>
>>89845218
That was Natasha Allegri I think
Don't recall Sugar coming to /co/ other than for April Fools in 2012 I think
>>
>>89844382
IT ALRIGHT?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT ALRIGHT?
>>
File: I'm_the_Bad_Guy.png (602KB, 1002x562px) Image search: [Google]
I'm_the_Bad_Guy.png
602KB, 1002x562px
>>89845283
Nonetheless, all the characters experience struggles and generally there are conflicts up the wazoo in terms of personal demons, fucked up corruption monsters, space empires with disastrous plans for earth and so forth. Stories with actual Shit That Happens are told without having to resort to a bad guy that'll never come round because of reasons. As long as there's an actual plot that progresses, that's fine by me.
>>
>>89845201
The show is herself, and she admitted it publicly like she was changing the face of the world. Why do you think everything has a redeem arc? She can't see herself as wrong, so it's either misunderstanding or accident. Just like a teenager diary, everything she writes is part of her limited princess life.
>>
>>89845400
>The show is herself
So you're saying Sugar is full of grief and suffering?
>>
>>89845286
All I see is an easy, ugly tearjerking shit.No matter what it's not a smart story, or an emotional one. It's just "i'm sad, I M SAD".
>>
>>89845283
Marty and Kevin are genuine assholes, and I bet that White Diamond will be one too.
>>
>>89845400
You're talking out your ass anon.
>>
>>89845447
>my argument is an mspaint comic I saw once on here
uh huh.
>>
>>89845233

>That Paper Mario: TTYD Music

Nice vid.
>>
>>89842089
She ruined Adventure Time by using it as a venue for self-promotion, then condemned it by deligating the show to a committee of Tumblrinas after she fucked off to her own brainchild.
>>
>>89846263
I hate the way people talk about Sugar's involvement in Adventure Time. She was just one storyboarder among many.
>>
>>89845283
>I need bad guys in my stories to justify my one dimensional world views
>I can't handle nuanced or flawed characters
>>
>>89842089
She's ugly.
>>
>>89846565
he's not wrong tho
>>
>>89846640
All of her episodes that didn't involve FP were pretty good. My point is it's not exactly like she was running the damn show.
>>
>>89845233

> Nobody want to watch an half hour video about someone sperging out on how space alien rock having gender or not is somehow cheating.

I don't know about that...

Personally I find E;R's autistic rantings hilarious, and would happily sit through hours of him sperging out over stupid shit...
>>
>>89842089
She's what SJW's should be. A genuinely nice person who believes everyone should have a fair and equal shot, and doesn't harbor hatred towards any group that may disagree with her worldview. She also happens to be a very good animator.

That being said, she just doesn't have the chops to be a show runner, she doesn't have much of a backbone and is far too liberal with her hiring policies, which in turn leads to a very loose leash on her crew members who like to try to make her show their show and insert their headcanons into the actual canon.
>>
Most of her episodes of Adventure Time are bad and her direction is bad
>>
File: 1467056136438.png (428KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
1467056136438.png
428KB, 558x744px
>>89845283
>Holly Blue Agate is a control freak and a legitimate racist who treats all her subordinates like lesser life forms because they're from Earth
>Yellow Diamond is a genocidal tyrant who wants to eradicate an entire gem type because one of them acted out of place, and whip out an entire planet out of spite
>"There's no genuine assholes"
>>
>>89848296
>Most of her episodes of Adventure Time are bad
bitch nigga I will fight you
>>
>>89848296
>Power Animal
>Chamber of Frozen Blades
>Susan Strong
>Mortal Folly
>Morituri Te Salutamus
>Jake vs Me-Mow
>Gotcha
>Jake the Dog
>Simon and Marcy

These were all great episodes, the fuck are you on.
>>
>>89848460
>>Morituri Te Salutamus
>>Jake vs Me-Mow
>>Jake the Dog
>>Chamber of Frozen Blades
i said most of because of these

notice how they're atypical and not primarily relationshit or worldbuilding autism
>>
>>89848502
>notice how they're atypical and not primarily relationshit or worldbuilding autism
Since when were those two things bad. Besides, those weren't even the majority of her episodes. Oh, and you have shit taste it you think
Simon and Marcy was anything less than fantastic.
>>
>>89848380
>wants to eradicate an entire gem type because one of them acted out of place
Regicide and starting a civil war is a little more than "acting out of place", but you're right that YD shouldn't've canned the entire Rose Quartz line over it.
>>
>>89848502
What is up with autists of this site hating things that are common on every medium like, world building and relationships?
>>
>>89845233

>Garnet, Armrest and Squidward
>You can just skip to the twist where garnet fights hulk hogan
>Remember that time armrest traumatised steven by turning into his dead mom to taunt his emotionally broken father?

I love this show, but goddamn this made me laugh.
>>
>>89849566
The show they want to hate because other people like it has them, therefore they're bad now.
>>
>>89849528
Gems of the same type, from what we've seen, have minor variations of the same personality. That's just how their species works. If one Rose Quartz decides to go berserk and start turning other gems against the empire, then there's a good chance that they all have the potential to start doing that. Better to just scrap them then to risk losing another diamond.
>>
>>89842153
/thread
Also she's not that great of a writer she used to be
>>
>>89848234
>crew members who like to try to make her show their show and insert their headcanons into the actual canon.

When has this happened other than with Zuke?
>>
>>89851420
The Zuke thing sounds like some utter bullshit conspiracy theory shit here. The people making these shows never give a shit about ships the way /co/ does. Even if Zuke herself went crazy and got all into Lapidot because tumblr was accusing her of being a homophobe I don't see the other writers caring if she put it in the show at all, only fans.
>>
>>89842089
She's more quiet than most creators. I don't think she likes attention. She's definitely a liberal, but I don't know if she's full-blown SJW. She supported Bernie, but I didn't see her talk about how evil Drumpf is, just like other peoples' posts about it. I actually thought she was a closet conservative, or at least JonTron tier anti-SJW, before finding her Twitter account. She's definitely further to the left than Butch Hartman or JonTron.

>>89842153
No, you're thinking of Pen Ward.
>>
>>89842191
I don't get this joke.
>>
>>89851761
Letting the staff take liberties is what made AT great in the first place.
>>
>>89845286
Please tell me his last word was Monorail
>>
>>89851782
She voiced a character on American Dad there is no joke
>>
>>89851761
>I thought Rebecca Sugar was a conservative
then you're retarded
>>
File: Rebecca and Sugar.png (213KB, 477x239px) Image search: [Google]
Rebecca and Sugar.png
213KB, 477x239px
Rebecca is a filthy whore who constantly injects politics into SU, Sugar writes great episodes and characters
>>
>>89844475
>This same video keeps getting posted
I bet you haven't even watched his other videos.
>>
>>89852628
Link me the proof.

>>89853976
Why?
>inb4 gays
>>
>>89854133
>Rebecca is a filthy whore who constantly injects politics into SU
Why is putting gays in a show seen as injecting politics? You sound like you're talking about Marvel.
>>
>>89842089
I know absolutely nothing about her personality other than that she writes music and plays the Ukulele.
>>
>>89855601
Yup, she's really secretive for a supposed liberal.
>>
made a racist,liberal show
>>
File: rebecca.jpg (153KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
rebecca.jpg
153KB, 400x353px
>>89842089
she married ham, because he enjoys ham radio.
>>
File: Rebecca_Sugar.png (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rebecca_Sugar.png
70KB, 400x400px
>>
>>89854133
Sugar is qt. Rebecca is a gremlin
>>
>>89854133

Which one makes Steven cry and which one makes fun of how much Steven cries?
>>
>>89852628
I think you mean Kristen Schaal, who yes, has that exact face in the American Dad pic.
>>
>>89844475
DUDE NAZI SJW LMAO
Fuck that shit
>>
>>89851526
>>89851420
>>89845239
>>89843921
Wait, what the hell happened? Why is Zuke gone?
>>
>>89842089
Bad artist, good person.
>>
>>89850679
No, gems of the same Diamond are like that.
Yellow Pearl and Blue Pearl are completely different. So far, we can assume all those Rose Quartz' are Pink Diamond's and hers alone. All the other Rose's of the Other diamonds are likely fine.
>>
I really do love her work but SU is a step down from her previous stuff and has completely lost everything that I found charming with her art.
>>
>>89844350
Well, I find Pearl's arc to be quite compelling but they haven't done much with her of late.
>>
>>89848136
He's hilarious. I also like how devoted to making fun of it he is. He actively hates it but is keeping up for the jokes. There was a comment thread where someone was calling him an Anti-semite and he was toying with them.
>>
>>89854133
She looks like America Ferrera in the second picture.
>>
>>89850580
Jello is the best.
>>
>>89865346
Every episode she wrote was forcing Lapis and Peridot together even though no one else on the writing team wanted them together, and they weren't meant to be. Eventually she got a bunch of shit for it, and had a fucking meltdown
>>
>>89857010
She's probably just left of center. Which means she probably realizes that both sides do stupid shit and sometimes a conversation doesn't need your voice.
>>
>>89842089

Wow
I knew Steven resembled Martin but this pretty much cements the plagiarism
What are the odds that Becky will be 'inspired' by Alice's design? She was my favorite
>>
>>89866442
SU has it's moments, but it can look right shit sometimes.
>>
>>89866311
>Yellow Pearl and Blue Pearl are completely different
We haven't seen a lot of them but we can probably consider them similar enough. They're both probably loyal to a fault, and romanticize people really easily. All Pearls are probably obsessively orderly, and by the books.
>>
>>89866838
If people could just draw characters with accurate proportions. Like fuck, stop making Connie and Steven so god damned short and stocky.
>>
>>89851761
You know there's other aspects for a person's personality besides their political views, right?
>>
>>89842089
She stinks.
>>
>>89855393
The gays is a big part of it. When have you ever seen a conservative talk about "representation" and how important it is? Until of course it's election time and suddenly the lack of conservative representation in the LAMESTREAM MEDIA is an issue.
>>
>>89866442
i say she made the right call with SU, sacrificing the animation to spend the budget on voice actors and music
>>
>>89846263
>She ruined Adventure Time by being there
>And then she made it worse by NOT being there
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 1024x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 1024x1200px
>>89866220
I like her art.
>>
>>89842089
If you meet her in rl you are required to kiss her ass. This includes employees.
>>
>>89851761
do you see everyone in terms of political views?
>>
>>89851823
http://imgur.com/gallery/ZsACh
>>
>>89851785
Then why are the first few seasons so much better?

But sure, take your "Chips and Ice Cream" episodes.
>>
>>89842089
She ruined Adventure Time
Her show is shit
She is a degenerate
She inserts degeneracy into her shows

She isn't nice, fuck her.
>>
>>89849566

they are "cartooons for kiiiidsss" faggots

the real problem with AT is that the worldbuilding gets killed by the status quo constantly, not the fact that its there
>>
>>89851761

Pen Ward is much more politically motivated than Sugar actually, its good that he basically has not contributed anything to AT since he created it
>>
>>89870742
>implying
Chips and Ice Cream was garbage. Also, the first few seasons aren't "so much better" but I digress. The reason why those original seasons were so good (too) is because Ward allowed boarders a lot of creative licence. That's how it's always been. You're assuming that Ward had more creative control than he ever really did.
>>
She has decet song writing skills

Otherwise everything she does is too much feeling and emotions and MEN CRY TOO garbage. It might be good in small doses but jesus christ SU shows that too much of it can make a show cringy and pathetic to no end.

She's also a SJW, so on top of her writing being bad it's gets even worse.
>>
>>89843087
It's prolly true, anon. In the public spotlight she emulate herself as an introverted, soft-spoken and timid person. However, she prolly have a twisted side to her then the visage she show to others.
>>
>>89870839
>he basically has not contributed anything to AT since he created it

I don't know, I'd say being a showrunner and a writer on the show for the past 8 years is a decent contribution, along with boarding a dozen episodes.
>>
>>89844350
>I feel nothing when watching her show
Same. Except not for your reasoning.

I feel like Sugar is best when she is herself Pug Davis is decent, Singles is pretty great, Don't Cry For Me I'm Already Dead is good. And Margo in Bed would've turned out to be good too.

Steven Universe simply feel empty - it radiate as a fan fic tier show that combine influences of her favourite anime and imbued with her trying to add meaning to it "fusion is symbolic of consent with your partner" "gems aren't define by sexuality" "love is all you need" social-political views.

And, it's her first show, far from being her magnum opus. I want Steven Universe to end so I can see Sugar's true potential.
>>
>>89870839
>Pen Ward is much more politically motivated than Sugar actually
How? I've never heard him say jackshit about politics in anyway. He just seems like a NEET who likes video games.
>>
>>89845239
>had a fucking meltdown because she couldn't handle the pressures of an actual creative job and wanted to insert her shitty autistic self insert shipping bullshit into the show
Funny how Zuke and Rebecca are cut from the same cloth, two sides of the same coin, birds of a feather.

Sugar had no right when Ruby and Sapphire, unlike Zuke's affinity for Lapis and Peridot, are literally self-inserts of Sugar and Ian. So, yeah, fuck Sugar. Fucking hypocritical.
>>
>>89846565
pre-Sugar Marceline
>trickster
>bro-tier
>girl next door vibes of cool
And, then, there is,
Post-Sugar Marceline
>Marcy "You're not my problem" the Vampire
>muh teenage adolescent anguish and sadness
>unfun and tall dark and brooding perpetually
To Hell with Sugar. To fucking hell with her.
>>
>>89851761
>No, you're thinking of Pen Ward
Which have clearly and easily been passed unto Sugar. She took a few pages out of his book.

The Crewniverse are liberal as fuck, well, creatively. Political views aside.
>>
File: 1442503896551.jpg (17KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1442503896551.jpg
17KB, 236x236px
>>89842089
nice person.
terrible writter.
great artstyle.
very fucking cute and autistic.

she will be remembered, but i doubt she will make anything relevant again.
>>
>>89842089
i like them
>>
>>89869416
If I could fuck a voice I would strive to fuck Garnet's.
>>
>>89872070
>great artstyle
>>
>>89854133
i hate the 'oh im so awkward lol' pose, its too fake
>>
>>89842089
She belongs in the 90s, when nobody cared or paid attention to show creators. Now they have to have a fandom or following all to themselves. They are celebrities. She clearly hates this
>>
>>89851761
>She supported Bernie
Where?
>>
>>89875683
Poses are fake by definition. Rebecca actually is awkward so that's probably a pose that she can pull off easily. Screw you man, I bet you even smile for photographs, you hypocrite.
>>
>>89876904
awkward people dont pretend to be awkward
>>
>>89877083
It's a posed photograph. Someone's always going to be "pretending" on a certain level in a posed photograph.
>>
>>89842089
pedo porn/10
>>
>>89875683
Okay, stand there stoic and completely absent-minded next time you get your picture taken. I'm sure people would find that more uncanny.
>>
>>89872070
>terrible writter.
>great artstyle.

both of these things are false, SU actually looks like shit, but her writing is pretty good, even if she relies a bit too much on crying, singing and singing while crying
>>
>>89881255
the gremlin on the left isn't posing, its a natural picture. thats completely fine
>>
File: 1470093755698.jpg (154KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470093755698.jpg
154KB, 640x480px
>>89842089
One of her biggest flaws is that she's a woman.
>>
>>89842089
>make a cheap show about lesbians and muh feels
>even filler episodes have muh feels
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEN
Even S1 have no muh feels episodes
>>
>>89867403
There were until this election.

>>89870839
The only remotely political things I've seen from him are the picture he took with Zoe Queen and Anita Sarkeesian and the other picture he took with the E.T. hand and Emily Partridge.

>>89876283
She follows him on Twitter.

>>89871890
>The Crewniverse are liberal as fuck, well, creatively. Political views aside.
I don't know what you mean by this.
>>
>>89881873
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA XD
>>
>>89870442

I like some of her art. Sometimes she seems to go a little overboard with the faces, but at least it's a style that's almost instantly recognizable.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.