[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen his real pics and he's nothing like this,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Ronnie_from_Whomp.png (73KB, 273x343px) Image search: [Google]
Ronnie_from_Whomp.png
73KB, 273x343px
I've seen his real pics and he's nothing like this, he's actually tall and pretty decent looking, so why is he drawing himself like this? Is he really this sad?
>>
I think it's an angle for the comic to be funny
>>
>>89840929

The height thing is just because it's a cartoon version of himself and it's funnier / more cartoonish if he's short, sort of like the same idea behind chibi anime drawing.

>he's nothing like this
>pretty decent looking

He looks plenty similar to the cartoon aside from the height, what are you talking about?
>>
think about how spooky Whomp would be with a seven foot tall Ronnie.
>>
>>89841004
well he kinda does but only in general terms, also I just wanted to discuss Ronnie, having binge-read all of it.
Anyone have that Ronnieverse chart?
>>
>>89841218

>only in general terms

That's basically the definition of cartooning. You depict the general prominent features and leave out details.
>>
>>89841218
faggot
>>
>>89840929
How an artist draws themselves reflect how they see themselves.

ones who make themselves chubbier/uglier than they actually are = kinda depressed, could use a friend, cool when you get to know them.

ones who make themselves way prettier than they actually are = red flag avoid avoid avoid
>>
>>89840948
I think his comics are a bit too much on point to be just an angle, sure you might laugh but it leaves a bitter taste if you let yourself think about it.
>>
Making the cartoon version of themselves uglier then the real deal comes off as less egotistical.
>>
File: fullsized ronnie.png (247KB, 1174x292px) Image search: [Google]
fullsized ronnie.png
247KB, 1174x292px
>>89841208
Marked tonal difference.
Big Ronnie on the right makes me want to call up social services.
>>
File: P1000141thumb.jpg (102KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
P1000141thumb.jpg
102KB, 500x375px
>>89841465
Kind of this. Artists that draw themselves as good looking can be seen as narcissistic, and artists that draw themselves as homely are usually seen as self-deprecating.

Here's Ronnie at a con with Katie Tiedrich of Awkward Zombie, like Ronnie she usually draws herself unflatteringly.
>>
>>89842045
no, she's spot on
>>
>tfw slowly turning into Ronnie
If I lived in the states I'd already be there cause the shape is all I need
>>
>>89841625
That's the point. If you want something bitter from conception to angle, read some of Dobsons work.
>>
>>89840929
Wasn't it shown once that Comic Ronnie's shortness is a result of horrible posture and if he stands up straight he's tall?
>>
>>89841625
I wouldn't look at it too closely.
>>
>>89840929
He literally made a comic on this exact subject.
>>
>>89840929
>>
>>89840929
It's about getting the audience to relate to the character.
This should tell you something about what he thinks about his target audience.
>>
>>89841724
>>89843017
Jesus Christ, Whomp with that Ronnie would be terrifying.

>>89843017
>not real
kek
>>
>>89840929

>he's actually tall and pretty decent looking

Because is comedy webcomic and comedy only work with fat character.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.