[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be theoretically possible for there to be a gamma powered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: speed force hulk.jpg (106KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
speed force hulk.jpg
106KB, 894x894px
Would it be theoretically possible for there to be a gamma powered speedster as oppose to the token strong guy? The Leader already prove that it is possible to use it to enhance your intellect instead. So something outside of what is considered norm for gamma beings should be possible.
>>
>>89827659
Its magic plot juice so yes.

Any time you ask "can x do y" in comics, its yes.
>>
>>89827659
Gamma gives pretty much any physical power.

Half Life drains life energy from people.
Prodigy is telekinetic
Geiger can copy powers
Madman is a shrinker/grower
Hotshot shoots fire from his fingers
Gamma corps had a bunch of animal people like a bird man, a cat guy, a frog guy, and there is a city of mutated animal people from the gamma bomb

It's just lately Marvel has become incredibly lazy with the 5-10 different clones of classic characters so every new gamma powered person is basically another flavor of Hulk. But Gamma stuff works the same as Terregen or Cosmic Rays, complete crapshoot of powers, only they are typically green in some way.
>>
You can pretty much come up with any excuse for a superpower. Songbird somehow uses Black Canary powers to make constructs.
>>
File: 1453254898240.png (138KB, 375x288px) Image search: [Google]
1453254898240.png
138KB, 375x288px
>>89828634
Honestly shit was easier in the early 90's when all things X-Men were huge so Marvel just explained everyone as either a mutant or a latent mutant.

They tried to say that everyone who was exposed to shit that normally would kill them but gave them powers instead were actually latent mutants and whatever radiation, cosmic, gamma, spider, supersoldier, etc just triggered the mutant gene and gave them powers related to the shit that almost killed them.

Only the non mutant fans really hated that. Spiderman fans were not cool with him being a pseudo-mutant, FF fans hated the concept.
>>
I always like the "Gamma radiation gives you powers based on the parts of your personality you suppress" gimmick they had, at least for Bruce (his anger) and Jennifer (her sexuality/confidence).

To get super speed from Gamma radiation on that principal, it's probably somebody who forces themselves to slow down and be methodical. Perhaps a former drug addict that got clean and got a stable job, always making sure to take life slowly, because he knows he'll accelerate real fucking fast if he lets loose.
>>
>>89828682
Banshee flies by screaming, nothing makes sense anymore.

But it would be nice if there was some kind of common ground in the power sources and what types of powers they give.

>Gamma radiation makes Hulks or otherwise mutates something on someone massively. Brain, muscles, eyes whatever.
>Terregen gives physical superpowers like movable hair or hooves, gills, wings
>Cosmic Rays makes energy user like Human Torch or the U-Foes out of people
>>
>>89827723
Even in comics there is a limit of possibilites.
Aesthetic limit.
Gamma powered heroes have their own style.
Writers should make gamma speedster fitting gamma-heroes style.
>>
>>89827659
uh....yeah dude
its fiction, you can have whatever the fuck you want

gamma is just a vehicle for powers to manifest
if you are asking if gamma has given super speed, then no; not to any note worthy char that i know of
but the sky's the limit, make your own storyboard or wait until someone does
>>
>>89828720
The alpha-mutant concept makes total sense, though (the "exposed to shit that normally would kill them" part), so what the heck was those fans' problem?

It's pretty much the same as the metagene of metahumans in DC, explaining why some people die in those incidents, while other mutate.
>>
>>89831207
People that really do not like X-Men stuff were not happy with it spreading into their books.
>>
>>89828799
I'd read that.
>>
>>89828804
I liked how they did Terrigen in Agents of Shield. Not sure if that's how it originally was, but it's totally bot how it is with NuHumans.
Basically the power depends on the needs of the community. Community needs-based predestination kind of thing. Really cool and unique.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.